Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Family - Epican Reverance

Untitled344_20230118081849.png

HkfIepX.png

Thayne didn’t speak as much as his more forthcoming table-mate, but he was an attentive listener. Also, a keen observer. You had to be when your profession would have you staked out on a rooftop, waiting for the slightest movement.

Thayne’s eyes keenly noticed the bartender fidgeting in his seat. Not exactly a nervous tic, but perhaps more that he out of his element? No, his forthright demeanor suggested this was just another appearance for him. Maybe he was just twitchy? It was kind of cute, actually, though Thayne would never say so.

‘First impressions,’ after all, meant not flirting at the bounty hunter convention.

He smiled genuinely, perhaps for the first time that evening, as he answered the question.

“I’m not a fan of… parties,” he said with a half-hearted wave to the crowd.

“Regrettably, I spend so much time analyzing people as targets that it’s difficult to just… y’know, have dinner? All work and no play, I suppose.”

It sounded pathetic when said aloud, but it was the truth. For once.

Thayne wondered if surgeons felt the same way, reaching a point in their profession when people were indistinguishable from their collective organs, bones, and muscles. The entire train of thought equally disturbed and intrigued him.

“Forgive me,” he said after a moment of silence, realizing perhaps his perspective wasn’t appropriate for the dinner table. He took his goblet and downed a generous sip of wine, cleansing his palette of the topic.

His steely eyes caught the Denon-themed sculpture on the table, eliciting a nod from the assassin.

“Is Denon your favorite flavor, or did you just like the ice?” he asked before supplying an answer of his own.

“I prefer Hosnian Prime, but Denon… there’s just something about it that keeps me close.”

It was a target-rich environment. That’s what he liked. Thousands of Corpos and twice as many hits out on them made Denon an assassin’s playground.

That, and a particularly fiery mechanic he met on his last trip. She was worth going back for, too.

Tags: Samuel Exel Samuel Exel ; Yula Perl Yula Perl (mentioned); OPEN

Lliara Daeva

Pharmaceuticals (Save|Kill)
The Mirialan smiled. "You don't need a palace to be a king." It was not disappointing to hear about Jai's 'humble' shipping yard. Too many people felt if they weren't living in a house the size of a small city then they weren't worth anything. Large, vacuous places like those were simply breeding grounds for assassins any way. So many dark places.

A Jawa Engineer on Jai's ship? Well, the small creatures did have their uses. Not usually the best conversationalists, but then Lliara didn't need to be surrounded by people speaking a great deal and managing to say nothing. To learn they had a sense of fashion, however... that was endearing. "I hadn't noticed." The smile returned. This time it was a jest. In good humor seeing how the Jawa 'Wingman' was no where close to Jai. Perhaps the Jawa was trying to coax someone in his direction from afar. Or they were getting drunk.

The Zygerian's response garnered a quiet chuckle from the olive-green woman. "I wouldn't worry about that. The Solus' have a way of finding things to do." Was Nalah in a hurry to prove herself, or earn their trust? Lliara regarded the woman from behind a smile.

"Oh," Lliara's fine brows rose slightly, "I'm here just for the company this evening. Even a woman as skilled as I needs a chance to socialize." It was hard to say if she was desperate for social interaction, or if it was all just a grand ruse -- a necessity to get what she wanted. Such ephemeral things tended to blur together. Much like the countless lines she'd crossed along the way. Well, moral philosophizing is best done by a Jedi anyway.

Her eyes slid between the participants before Nalah offered to continue their conversation. "I'd be delighted. Jai?" The man's thoughts on the matter would interest her. They'd begun talking first. He did have some unique skills of his own. Though it wouldn't hurt to learn more about Miss Tezan either.

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Nalah Tezan | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

Reveries, Epica

Samuel’s face softened some upon the words, his head tilting some. It seemed his table-mate had opened up a tad - contrary to the terse introduction. It was a pleasant sight. He probably was out of his element, but the bartender was nothing if not good at being presentable when he needed to be. Whatever the fidgets were, they kept him busy.

When asked for forgiveness after the self-introspection, he gave a small, soft smile in return. “No- No, you’re fine. I understand that completely; I struggle with that, as well.” It was more-so assessing ‘threats’, though. Unfortunate habits of a bodyguard. “If that’s the case, stuff like this is a good idea. It gives you time to, think. Rest and recuperate with your thoughts in order, and take value in what little pleasures you can have with that.”

It was the truth, but it was left ambiguous as to what manner that was applied for the assassin, as much as he left it ambiguous for the bartender. Personally, he felt he understood. The exhaustive balance Samuel maintained for himself was equally as taxing as it was rewarding. Perhaps the man across from him was also a bounty hunter? Definitely a mercenary of some ilk, if he was under Kardek’s purview. The word ‘targets’ stuck out especially.

His gaze drifted sidelong to the sculpture, themed of vibrant colors of that accursed world, Denon. He didn’t even realize it was there until Thayne pointed it out. “Didn’t notice the sculpture was themed for that until you mentioned.” Accompanied by a soft chuckle. “Denon’s a mess of a world.” Samuel would speak in return, “I dislike it, but my likes do not always matter when I’ve business there.” An incredibly similar sentiment shared with the other. “I prefer Tatooine, in earnest. Harsh, yet beautiful in its own right.” He would add. “You don’t have to worry about appearances there, either - everyone’s too busy trying to focus on their own problems. Epica, on the other hand…well, fancy suits are part of the culture or something.” It was another small jest, but it was actually a fact - a certain variety of suits were supposedly tradition, if a certain book was anything to go by. Of course, he didn’t have an authentic one. Just his usual one.

“I don’t think I’ve been to Hosnian Prime. What makes it your preference?” Another offer for conversational subject. It kept it going - enjoying himself a mild amount already. Seems it was not a mistake coming here.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a smile in the background from Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha . He gave a soft nod in return - as he did not have a glass. A canteen, maybe, but he doubted that was appropriate to raise in return. It was true, they hadn't had much an opportunity to speak again. Kardek seemed to be doing well for himself, these days. Suits, connections to the Senate - through a dubious source, he would've commented - but regardless, if it made Kardek happy without detriment to himself, it mattered little. He was glad to see that. If only life slowed down enough for him to comment upon that again; the life of a Bounty Hunter was ever marching fowards.

Thayne Tameron Thayne Tameron , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha , Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva

Last edited:

Jai smiled and nodded when Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva commented on his plans. Its was good to hear someone say his simple plan was a good one. Who knew, maybe it would have some more direct help for everyone in due time from the place too. He also chuckled a bit when she noted that she could tell how "great" of a wingman Ki'tala was. Well hopefully she wouldn't be thrown out becoming completely poodoo face drunk. Either way, Nalah Tezan and Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus continued the conversation a bit, with Nalah asking what Jai and Lliara were to. He nodded a bit as Lliara spoke up, then would give his own answer.

"Well if we're just talking tonight, relaxing, supporting this place, and trying to make good company. Overall, getting a little something set up for shipping goods." It was sorta funny to think about things. Mai was friends with a Zygerrian, and Jai was talking to someone who at least was an Inquisitor. Seemed like joining up with the family had been a good thing, at least in his mind. He'd had to face some things from his past, but he felt... more comfortable in many things now. Mai then offered Nalah steak, which honestly didn't sound half bad right now, and then Nalah asked if him and Lliara wanted to head to a table with them. Lliara had agreed, and ask him too, which Jai answered with a nod.

"Sounds good to me."

Kera

K
“Me?” The motioned at himself when the Finnegan DeWitt Finnegan DeWitt directed a question at him. “I’m a simple man.” He took a sip of his ale. “I’m not going to lie, the credits are nice, but I miss being part of a team.” He alluded to his service. The camaraderie he felt when he was in service was something he truly missed. He missed having friends that looked out for each other, and hoped to find it here in the Family. “Teamwork makes the dream work, as they say.”

HkfIepX.png

“Hosnian's got the allure of the Core without all the attention,” Thayne mused. Other worlds, like the aforementioned Denon, may seem the perfect playground for contract killers - but they come with a plethora of watchful eyes and holonews lenses. Thayne preferred to play in private.

Hosnian Prime had seen its fair share of fame and success over the years, but for the most part, nobody pays much attention to it.

He shrugged. Fame and notoriety weren't the drive of his career, nor Credits really. Information. That's what he wanted. His eyes turned to Samuel, an actual answer now prepared.

“I uh- I enjoy the city. I find the sounds of the city rather soothing. The hum of speeders, wind against a cloudcutter… hell, even the sirens feel like home. When they’re not after me, that is,” he said with a soft smile.

Tags: Samuel Exel Samuel Exel ; OPEN

Objective: Host a party
Tags: I think I got everyone in the post

Untitled529_20230118113729.png
This Zygerrian was full of compliments for Mairéad tonight, she smirked and looked at Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora as she spoke to Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud she guessed this is how Marcy felt the last time someone of Zygerrian heritage joined the Family. It wasn't a bad thing, just the similarities were entertaining.

Overall, getting a little something set up for shipping goods."

"I have recently begun using Nalah Tezan hers in a similar capacity, but it's not my place to give too many details." they were all criminals here there was no reason to hide someone's illicit activities, but it was just manners. She took her own seat and took a few seconds to breathe and just enjoy the surroundings a little.

The food was beautiful, as Mairéad had expected from her chef, the fish melted off of her fork and into her mouth, it was always a good sign when dinner went quiet that people were enjoying their food. There was, of course the murmur of talk across the table and the clinking of cutlery. The woman looked at Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus , Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora and Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree and smiled, the four powerful woman, a level of power she was within a hairs breadth of as a Capodecina, had changed her life. "I hope you are all enjoying your food and the setting, if there is anything more you want from me, anything at all, you only need to ask."

"This year's batch of Fiora Vinters are delicious." she added directly to Marcella raising her glass.

but not every devil is worthy of a demon, nor worthy of the title devil

This wasn't in reference to herself of course, she felt she was worthy of the title...though the green devil didn't have the same ring so maybe not. Kardeks smolder was met with her own accompanied by a grin before she chuckled and lifted her glass to sip some of her wine before setting it down and reaching for the voidstone ring on her finger

don't move then~ and don't mind the heat at all

Once the ring was removed she immediately was hot, however the heat eased down and out across the room as she let a breath out to relax, raising a finger she lit the tip on fire and moved it to the tip of the cigar and lit it carefult before she moved to put her ring on and the rooms temp would once more return to normal

and there we go and not a single hair harmed!

She gave a smirk, watching the plates of food come around as she caught the attention of a server with a plate of food she wanted

that seafood platter please

She stated as the water sat it down, she tipped him a chit and looked to the food with a pleased nod
Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

Objective: Attend a party
Tags: Thayne Tameron Thayne Tameron | Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Xiann Sivron | Harvey Denson Harvey Denson | Finnegan DeWitt Finnegan DeWitt | Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva
| Ragos Terrek | Nalah Tezan | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Kera | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel
Engaging: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Diocletian had been chatting up a barmaid, well, the attempts were made. It started with a few chat-up lines he got from an 800-year-old dating guidebook, which earned him a few contemptuous glares from the barmaids. He was drunk, drunk and cheerful so he wasn't too concerned by it and let the matter drop.

Which may ruin the dinner if he did not seat himself back down and stop being a nuisance, he had used the wrong fork twice in a row, which is a terrible table-related blunder, well it's getting too fancy, he thought as he avoided the seafood and the pork and instead went for the savoury platters. Food is, after all, there to be eaten.

Despite the food, Diocletian had wanted to see Ivory, to talk with her about his big plans and to hand over the very belated gift that he picked out for her. He forgot about it when he disengaged from the winter celebrations and left. He wasn't feeling the spirit at all.

Getting up again to edge towards Ivory to hand her the gift, and quickly arrange a small quick meeting to discuss his great new expansion idea. He had failed to hand the intel over twice which wasn't a good look for him professionally.

<"Ms Stroud, I forgot to give you this last year. I have intel that can benefit the family."> He says to Ivory handing the highly elegant perfume to her.

Jimmy stood in the staff room sullenly refusing to do his job. He had been yelled at, had food thrown at him, and the goons making a mess in one of the bathrooms. Jimmy's nerves were frayed and he needed a 6 week's vacation from seeing the crazy Ubese every time an event was going on.

Last edited:

Nalah Tezan

N
Outfit: Here
Goal: Network, meet The Family, Dance with Mairead Again

"Then by all means, lets take our seats." Nalah gestured to three open chairs at the large dinner table for herself, Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva and Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred .

She was interested to meet other people who were more involved with Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus family than herself, not just to develop connections and puzzle out the larger operation, but to meet people. Friends were nice to have in this line of work, and if nothing else, Nalah was a people person, and these looked like interesting people. As the waiter came around, she placed an order for a bloody-rare steak and a glass of the establishment's finest, as much as she enjoyed fine dining some primal, animal-brained part of her psyche enjoyed a meal best when she could taste the blood on it.

"Now," She began, turning to Jai with a smile. "I believe you mentioned something about the shipping business? Am I in the company of a fellow captain?"

Lliara Daeva

Pharmaceuticals (Save|Kill)

Lliara smiled over at Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred . "Shipping? Intriguing. If you encounter any legal entanglements, I do know a few people around the galaxy." It came with her need to smuggle materials in or out of places, naturally. Little of what she did was strictly speaking legal. You couldn't use hallucination-inducing drugs every time.

They settled in together, comfortably awaiting the arrive of a delicious meal. The Mirialan looked over at Nalah Tezan with a small smile. Fellow Captain? Then she was one, after all. Another person that might benefit from a mutual business arrangement some where along the lines?

"It's always a wise choice to invest in trustworthy shipping companies." Lliara would leave Jai to introduce himself and his aspirations, if he chose, to the woman. "You never know when or where you'll need their timely services." So she'd just politely invite interest in a potential customer's interest, if it tickled their fancy to pursue further.

Reveries, Epica

“Really?”
Head tilts in a curious manner. “That’s funny. I think I’m quite the opposite. The sound of the wind is comfort enough.” Accompanied by another small, thoughful hum.

He was naturally a paranoid individual with his varied professions. Crowds, noises, anything could set the proverbial alarm bells in his mind. As much as he could enjoy good company from time to time, he was used to the quiet, sandy dunes of Tatooine. Away from bustling crowds and tall, sky-scraping buildings. The only reason he spent so much time on Coruscant was because it was where the Star Lounge was.

“I agree with you on the attention part, though. I dislike all the publicity around the core. Too many prying eyes, nosy and invasive folk that would get on my nerves if I spent more time than I had to.” Hand waves in a dismissive fashion towards the idea of the planets.

Likewise, infamy was not his goal. Not anymore, at least. A Bounty Hunter needs discretion for the best results; and being known across the holo-net as an infamous one was not a good way of doing that. Especially if you’re saving for retirement plans afterwards.

“Do you travel a lot? Any sights you think you would love to see again? I don’t much get the chance to, but I think there’s wonderful things out there I’ve not seen yet.”

Thayne Tameron Thayne Tameron , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha , Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva

"I have recently begun using [IMG alt="Nalah Tezan"]https://www.starwarsrp.net/data/avatars/s/31/31686.jpg?1672159853[/IMG] Nalah Tezan hers in a similar capacity, but it's not my place to give too many details."
Jai gave an understanding nod. He knew good and well it was sometimes better to not know in this business, and he definitely trusted Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus not to get into too much trouble. He'd then turn to Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva , smiling and nodding.
"Shipping? Intriguing. If you encounter any legal entanglements, I do know a few people around the galaxy."
"Good to know. And you need anything more dangerous moved I'm looking at something that should be able to handle it." Technically he already had the something, but it was just getting things completely set up. Either way he smiled a bit as he sat down, waiting to the food to arrive before. He then looked over at Nalah Tezan as she asked a question.
"Now," She began, turning to Jai with a smile. "I believe you mentioned something about the shipping business? Am I in the company of a fellow captain?"

"It's always a wise choice to invest in trustworthy shipping companies." Lliara would leave Jai to introduce himself and his aspirations, if he chose, to the woman. "You never know when or where you'll need their timely services."
Jai chuckled a bit, wondering how to answer the question. Technically, if he was a captain at most he trusted the crew run the ship well. Really gave destinations, intel, and missions. Occasionally flew Cloud Breaker too. He weighed it in his mind before answering.

"Somewhat depends on what you see as a captain. Trust my ship's crew to keep he running, but I usually give the call on when... duties arise. But I know a lot about the old shipping lanes not a lot of folks use, and how to find people I can trust." He give a slight look over to a few folks there that knew. Honestly most people he'd met that were here now. But, still got the point across with how comfortable he felt here.

Business, Espionage & Faith

M A R C E L L A⠀ F I O R A

'Careless Love'

One solitary voice appeared from behind Marcy', a voice she recognised as Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , peering behind she'd offer a smile; "Ta' Jai," though another voice appeared to chime-in soon after~ one of their latest additions she believed to be Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva , "Mm," she'd note in response~ not much could be said for words spoken true. She'd also catch the eye of Samuel Exel Samuel Exel as he passed, offering a nod in greeting.

Marcy's distant gaze was interrupted once more by the arrival of Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , though this time the distraction was met with a glass of wine~ a warm reminder of the quality of current company. "
Ta'," she received the glass, returning a warm smile to her Capodecina, the very person who'd been instrumental in running her regime over the past few months; "Mm.." she understood what those eyes meant, "I'm fine~ just.. reminiscing about the past year.. so much change in such little time.."

She grasped at her glass, taking a sip as she peered into Mai's eyes- convinced that she'd understand what she meant for time had changed everybody in different ways, Mai' included. It was unusual for Marcy' to discuss such trivialities, but in such good company how could she refuse a moment of recollection.

"
How's about you?- This might be one of your finest gathering's yet!"

"All work & no play, my dear, makes one old before their time."

Following the departure of Mairéad, another approached~ this time it was the boss with yet more wine, much to Marcy’s pleasure. As the pair leant on the railing overlooking the city, Marcy’ took a deep breath before nodding towards the Ashlan Cathedral to illustrate her response; “When I step into that building, there's a side to me that simply goes unseen- a more calm & collected person, a side of me that our Family doesn’t get to see..

As she sipped from her glass, her train of thought continued, “
rest will come soon enough~ there’s too much still left to do,” she sighed slightly, out of restless contentment, “for now, that part of me will stay unseen-” Marcy’ concluded, swiftly changing the subject, “how’s your evening going? You’re certainly dressed for the occasion,” she grinned, aware of the fact she was underdressed.

The Donna followed Marcella’s gaze, looking out over the city lights to settle on the tall spires & eclectic architecture of the Ashlan Cathedral in the distance. She took a sip from her own glass, quirking her head to one side curiously… Behind them, the sounds of laughter & conversation continued, unabated. With a glance down at herself, Ivory recognized she’d certainly dressed for the occasion. The sudden change of subject went almost unnoticed - but The Donna was not so easily distracted. With a smile, she leaned against the alabaster railing - glancing downward at the city street below them. “Celebrations are a time for rest & reflection. You & I both know, these little get-togethers are more for the troops than for us.

Another glance, but this time, her tone changed - turning more direct than conversational:

Out of everyone here, you’re the only one choosing to enjoy your own company. You’re overworked, Marcella darling… everyone can see it. Most of all, me.

A smirk appeared on Marcy’s face at her failed attempt to change the subject, peering behind her at the now gathering crowd and then back to Ivory, “I’m aware~ soon enough I’ll be in a position to take a proper rest once our plans for Castello Matrisca go ahead, for now I’ll enjoy the view while it lasts,” Marcy’ retorted, deflecting Ivory’s point. At this point, Marcy’ began to itch for a cigarra- taking out her cigarra tin she moved to take an Ivory cigarra out but not before her fingers ran over the Ebony & Ruby cigarras in contemplation of her current situation.

Managed to speak to Mai’ yet?” questioned Marcy, sliding her cigarra tin along the ledge towards the boss.

The Donna reached out, accepting the tin - retrieving a smoke from the small box before producing her own lighter from a pocket of her coat. A tiny, brilliant azure-blue flame erupted from the small device, which she used to first light her cigarra then offer to the woman beside her. Ivory took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the sweet, herbal smoke then exhaling. “Only briefly. She’s doing a good job, managing the crowd. You taught her well.

Another sip from her glass. “You’re taking a vacation. I’ll make arrangements to handle Castello Matrisca.” Her tone, while polite, was also firm - indicating there would be no argument.

Marcy’ displayed nothing but stone cold silence, accompanied by a solitary gaze into Ivory’s eyes, a slight hint of annoyance formed on her face. Castello Matrisica was one of Marcy’s main focuses and she had spent many late nights in preparation for the reconstruction of the building and its vineyard~ a primary business venture of Marcy as a subdivision of Fiora Vintner’s. No words would’ve been of use as Ivory’s word was final- though her expressions told a story regardless.

The Donna merely smiled, reaching out and patting Marcella on the arm. "One week. One week to sort out the moving parts, then I'll handle the rest personally. You'll thank me afterward." Then, she clinked her glass against Marcella's - eliciting a single clear musical note. Without another word Ivory turned - leaving Marcella alone & returning to the party.

JP with Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

As her session of contemplation came to a conclusion following a rather frustrating conversation with the boss, Marcy' made a return to the party~ taking her seat at the primary table with both wine glass and cigarra in-hand to listen in to the conversations, should any be going on around her.

@everyone

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
The man raised an eyebrow, presenting the cigarra for Star's finger to ignite. The shift in room temperature was noticeable, and Kardek wondered what it would look like to see the Emerald Dragon fully engaged in her powers.

He took a drag from the freshly-lit cigarra, offering a playful wink to Star. The stream escaped his nostrils as he turned and nodded respectfully to the woman.

"I will never need to carry a lighter with me ever again." He teased.

He eyed the seafood platter that was set in front of her, catching site of some delicious looking morsels.

"My dear Caporegime, might I interest you in a selection of my exquisite steak in trade for a sample of your salmon?" Kardek had already cut off a piece of his perfectly seared medium rare steak, placing it elegantly in his mouth and savoring the morsel, making sure to exaggerate every nuance so as to hopefully make the trade irresistible to the woman.

It was about this moment that Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora joined the table, causing a quick glance from Kardek, who seemed to grow much more reserved almost immediately. Their last conversation had not gone well, and he felt an incredible amount of tension between them.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

long as your near me~ don't expect that often I risk burning things and I'd hate to start a fire...unless I have already

His wink would be returned by her as she smirked. His reaction was one she had seen before but it still amused her to no end to see such a reaction, glancing over at his steak she watched him play up the little trade he wanted to do making her eyes roll at the exaggerated expressions he made about the steak before she chuckled

oh well if it's so good you must rave about it I do not see why not kardek~ take what you want and give a equal share back~

It was about that moment Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora sat down that kardek grew...reserved? The tension that settled in made her old instincts act up ad she reached for her side where a saber or blaster should be but she didn't have one so her hand returned to the table but she remained on guard as she moved that hand to kardeks hand and gave a squeeze to mainly remind herself this place was a place of friends and allies

Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

HkfIepX.png

Thayne smiled, but there was sadness in his eyes. Of all the exotic worlds and strange places he’d seen, only one really called him back. It was just… entirely too difficult to consider returning.

He turned to Samuel, forcing the bittersweet memories down.

“Dromund Kaas.”

The old Sith world was the beginning, the end, and everything in between. Thayne was born there, raised by a loving family and good friends. Promised protection and support from the Alliance. From the Jedi.

And when they betrayed his people, Dromund Kaas was where Thayne died.

Whatever… this was, it wasn’t him, and he hated it. Another sip of wine, a pop of his neck, and he seemed to be better.

“I hear Crait is an interesting world. I’ve never been, but the striking salt flats must be pretty impressive.”

Back to small talk. Keep the walls up. No one gets in …

… and no one gets out.

Tags: Samuel Exel Samuel Exel ; OPEN

Untitled344_20230118082003.png

Nfg578H.png
“Teamwork makes the dream work, as they say.”

Hmpf. Harvey took a sip of his drink, mind flashing once again to his partner back on Coruscant. Lim Caliber Lim Caliber was probably ankles-deep in some cesspool Underworld mess, peeling fingerings off a dead fool’s corpse in hopes of catching a break.

Another sip of whiskey.

‘Breaks are for drinking,’ Harvey surmised, peering at the nearly finished glass. He cut his eyes to the crowd, a forlorn smile on his lips. Partners, Families… it was all a load of banthachit anyway. The detective knocked back the last of the alcohol, wiped his mouth with his sleeve, and offered the men beside him a nod.

“That’s enough for me, gentlemen,” he said with a groan.

“Look me up if you need a friend on Coruscant.” He offered a hand to Finnegan DeWitt Finnegan DeWitt , then to Kera.

“Welcome to the Family, boys.”

FINAL POST

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom