Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOA The End of Kiff (Kinda) (Sorta) (Maybe) (For A While At Least)

Hello Chaos.

It has been a wild 5 years of writing for me since I joined the board in 2019, and I've loved every minute of it. It's kinda of crazy to look back and see how far I've come and how far I still can go, but I really have enjoyed my time in the Chaos community. On Tuesday I start a two-year mission for my church; I'll be living in Argentina, speaking Spanish, and most relevant to Chaos, will have very restricted internet which means no Star Wars Roleplay for the next two years. This is effectively a goodbye for a while, though hopefully not forever.

BEFORE I get into goodbyes, some house-keeping business:

• All Roble Manufacturing tech in the Roble Manufacturing HoloNet Storefront marketplace is now effectively open-market. If I can't retroactively change that, then this post serves as permission for anyone who wants to use the tech listed in the marketplace thread.
  • All Quartermaster submissions in the Ji'yr Market marketplace are open for use by all Mandalorians and the Mandalorian Enclave faction. This post serves as permission for Mandalorian and Faction characters.
  • For my characters that are not dead and might be relevant to some writers here (you know who you are), Avelion and the rest of the Enclave staff have my permission to write my chars as NPCs if needs be (Avelion will have a subaccount for this purpose). If you need to reach out to me for whatever reason, ask one of them and you'll be able to reach me through them (though I will only be able to reply to anything weekly).
Now for some goodbyes:
  • To the Board: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. I'm not even sure what that last half of the quote means tbh.
  • To the CIS crew ( Darth Metus Darth Metus Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Srina Talon Srina Talon John Locke John Locke Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol and else) I know our relationship has been up and down, on no small count of my own shenanigans, but CIS was a good time. It ended, like all things, but I really grew as a writer there and it was the springboard for my own endeavors on the board. I love and appreciate y'all and hope you all are doing well.
  • TO MY MANDOS OF THE ENCLAVE: Y'all are some top-notch writers. It's been cool to see some of y'all grow ( Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla went from going to college to sending her own kids ic to college) and to meet some of you who are new to the enclave crew (shout-out to Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr , best son a Dragr could ask for, and Yael Kandar Yael Kandar who makes Romul's crusading heart happy). You guys have the potential to be the next big thing on the board and give some more golden age spotlight to DA MANDOS, and I know y'all will make me proud. It's cool to see what was originally a passion project of mine evolve to the point where it is outlasting and growing beyond its creator. Can't wait to hear all of your stories and accomplishments.
  • To the Enclave staff (former and present, including Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida Shai Maji Shai Maji Volo Dragr Volo Dragr Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Elijah Brockway Elijah Brockway ): Thank you for all the hard work you have done. Sometimes for putting up with me, sometimes for carrying the load when I was tapped out, and just for being a team. Listen to Ave and remember, if you think you had it bad from her, I had worse.
  • Lastly, to Avelion Avelion : Thank you for being the board mom and having my back always. You've been the backbone and solid ground to my more crazy antics and I'm confident placing the Enclave in your hands (was it ever really not?) Don't miss me too much.
So anyways; HASTA LEUGO, see y'all in two. It's been fun, and hopefully, I'll come back, so this won't be the very last you'll hear from the Kiffer.

Last edited:
eyyy! it’s only been a short time since I got to know you, and we might haven’t got the chance to write together directly, but I can confidently say that it’s been awesome while it lasts, and that you’ve been helping me to grow as a writer. whether it is through reading Romul’s crusading antics, Siv’s melee shenanigans, Tytos’ wise words, casual discord brainstorming, to your reviews and suggestions on my subs. Gonna miss having you around Kiff! Godspeed on your journey spreading the words of Manda God, enjoy Argentina, and see you in two years!

Thanks for everything, man. From conversations about Factory when I was first starting out two years ago to brainstorming codex subs for Kestri to building Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr and making him my favorite character to play, despite having made him on a whim in like the seconds.
I've enjoyed your goofiness and level-headedness. Thanks for being you. It's such a bittersweet moment, but I'm glad it's not the end. I look forward to writing with you again in two years. I'm optimistic I'll still be here and that Chaos will still be here. And maybe I'll even have matured as a writer (one can dream lol).
Hopefully Siv and Sahan can thread together again some day.
Salud, mi amigo.

Smeagol is free
Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

I'm not gonna say too much here but....I told you not to make me cry yet ffs. So Ima just let Mushu do the talking for me.

mulan-disney.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom