Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Crossroads Contract

"It's pretty tame actually," Alask said as he showed her past the guarded door, which had more Tier-3 Special Forces, Shock Troops who'd been completely and thoroughly checked for security risks before being brought aboard the vessel, "You're aboard a Prowler-Class Covert Surveillance Cruiser, it had been hovering directly over you for almost six hours. By the standards of our own fleet this ship is fairly small in size, and its hangar is cramped. Fortunately for you, the accommodations are probably the best in the Fleet."

He opened a door into a very military room, but it was most definitely not at all martial and bare-bones. There was a non-networked computer terminal with a desk chair, a private refresher which had its own facilities including a walk-in shower, and a holonet screen on the wall in front of the bed which had a couch at the foot of it along with a small table. In one corner there was a circular table with a small refrigeration unit for drinks and snacks. And in the center was a window with hyperspace flowing by.

"I think you'll find this acceptable for a few days," Alask said as he stepped aside to allow her entry.

Lia Corrin

Chief Executive, Crossroads Defense Industries
Appearing as a hologram on the table in front of the couch Lia Corrin, the person responsible for this whole operation, appeared as a three-foot tall full-color hologram, her hands were behind her back as she wore a business suit, having just gotten into the office. On Crossroads Prime it was merely early morning.

"Dr. Fuamung, I see your retrieval was a success," the blonde-haired woman said and looked to the side at Alask, "That'll be all Lieutenant."

"Ma'am," Alask nodded and stepped out into the hall, letting the door shut tightly behind him.

"I trust that the team that retrieved you wasn't too handsy? They do that sometimes," Lia began.

Lia Corrin

"You can call me Lia, I guess it's true what they say about people like us, the less formal we are the better we are at our jobs. Even when I'm called up occasionally for my reserve training it still feels weird to be called...Major Corrin," Lia shook her head.

Lia Corrin

“Well despite you relative inexperience we are willing to make you quite an offer, you had agreed to work for a contractor who covertly represented Crossroads Defense Industries for a yearly salary of 650,000 credits. Now that you’re here, I am obliged to tell you that this also comes with guarantee of citizenship with all the relevant tax bonuses, but with the stipulation that you are not required to serve the mandatory three years in the military,” Lia explained some of the perks to her.

Lia Corrin

"However, there are caviets of course, you are being paid and granted these compensations for a strategically-important project, the details of which I'm not at liberty to discuss in anything but a secure face-to-face briefing after you have signed a notarized non-disclosure agreement," Lia continued, "You'll be expected to produce results, and to keep the project fully-classified."

Lia Corrin

“You’ll be here in a couple of days,” Lia informed her, “Oh, and be careful around those special forces guys, they may be our best troops, but they’re also precocious womanizers. I trust you’re a smart enough girl to see through their bravado.”

Lia Corrin

Want to go ahead and do a timeskip to the Crossroads System so Liddaat can do biologist things?

"Alright, I'll be looking forward to meeting you in person," Lia nodded to the young girl.

Lia Corrin

The Interloper came out of hyperspace over the moons of Delfino/Crossroads-2 and Pianta/Crossroads-3, two tropical paradise moons whose orbit was linked together, forever spinning around each other as they orbited the gas giant of Crossroads. The twin moons had a constant flow of passenger shuttles and cargo ships going to and fro, with a fleet of Crossroads Republic Fleet warships in orbit, ominously holding firm defensive positions below the reach of the two moons' planetary shield generators. Although upon coming closer to these ships it was obvious why they were on such high alert, the fleet had a holographic logo on the bow and on the starboard and port sides, it was a red cobra, the insignia of Red Force, the opponent of Blue Force, the other side of the Crossroads Republic's military wargames. These ships were in the down-time phase of their wargames.

The cruiser docked at a skyhook linked by an orbital elevator to the moon Pianta, still cloaked. But the small skyhook was among the smaller ones, a privately-owned one whose owner was actually a shell company belonging to Crossroads Defense Industries. This meant that were no unwanted ships there to pose a danger to the cloaked cruiser which docked silently and smoothly. Waiting inside was Lia Corrin, with a pair of bodyguards in civilian clothes standing with her with an assistant being on a communicator, managing her schedule on a tablet. Inside, Alask Terrano knocked on Liddaat's door. His team was behind him, and all ten were in their combat gear, doctrine and orders forcing them to be in their armor with weapons ready. They were Liddaat's guardians, nothing was going to get near her while they were present.

"You up doc? We're here," Alask called through the door comm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom