Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Astronomical Location Name: K-20
  • Classification: Gas Giant
  • Rotational Period: ~11 Hours
  • Orbital Period: 456 Days
  • Size: Massive
  • Affiliation: Crossroads Republic Armed Forces
  • Population: Sparse
  • Demographics: ~25,000,000 (Almost all of them are workers and the families of tibanna gas miners and live on sky cities, copies of Cloud City on Bespin)
    • 85% Human (Predominantly descended from Hosnian, Corellian, Caridan, and Alderaanian colonists)
    • 10% Ugnaught
    • 5% Others
  • Accessibility: Easy to arrive here, its moons are trade hubs, like Terminus itself.
  • Description: A green giant, with white and lighter green wisps across the ever-tumultuous surface. It has three massive storms on it that have been raging ever since colonists first arrived in the system. From the interior of the planet, in the inhabitable zone where cloud cities and tibanna gas mine platforms and refinery platforms are located, the atmosphere appears similar to the upper atmosphere of Bespin except for at dawn and dusk when it takes on more a turquoise color. It has a remarkably thick layer of tibanna gas, which is mined by a company with a total monopoly on the resource. In orbit the planet as large and spectacular rings of ice and rocks providing a truly awe-inspiring view. The planet is also in a completely opposite orbit as Terminus and being just a bit closer to the star. This means the two worlds never intersect, and are rarely in sight of each other. It possesses 34 moons, all but three being uninhabitable without a manmade facility.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Sky Cities: These numbered cloud cities are built almost identically to Cloud City, with only some changes to the high-rise buildings and some internal components which are somewhat superior due to comprehensive refits to insure their safety. These cities were built in the same time period as Cloud City, and are over a thousand years old but due to the immense wealth of the company that owns and maintains them there are almost no original parts to them except for sections of internal bracing which have been reinforced over the centuries.
  • Tibanna Gas Mines: These tibanna gas mine assemblies are massive, and appear almost like that of a swarm of jellyfish floating amongst the clouds. There are a great many of these, and come complete with the mining platforms themselves, storage platforms, and refineries.
  • Triplet Storms: These storms are so powerful that only star destroyer-sized warships can withstand their violent winds. They're so powerful that they have perpetual weather satellites monitoring them and making sure that they do not come close to the cities or the mines.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Crossroads was the hub for Hosnian entrepreneurs who sought to exploit the untouched tibanna gas reserves of the gas giant, and was the subject of a short corporate shooting war between several Hosnian and Corellian investors before their respective homeworlds stepped in and the Jedi Order mediated a compromise. However, the gas giant's moons became the primary focus of attention for new colonists.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776

Everything here looks good. Just one quick thing for me. Could you please link the Ugnaught species in your demographics for those who may be unfamiliar with them.

Tag me where you're ready for me to look at this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom