Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The battle for the icy holocron | Hoth | Capture the Flag

Intro:

The war has been going on for about two days now Hoth's surface was practically divided into two sections, one for the rebels and one for the imperials. Both factions have set up impromptu bases with medical, food, and drilling supplies in an attempt to find the holocron before the other faction can. It was like a game of capture the flag with only one flag. The soldiers fought in the imaginary "line" that separated the two bases from each other, while each side employed people to try and dig through hoth's cave system to find the artifact. Finding the artifact wasn't even the hard part - It was keeping it. The battle had only lasted so long because each time one side would get the holocron in their possession the other side would find a way to steal it from them, and that cycle continued for a long time. Nearing the three day mark, both faction's major commanders finally decided to send out the big guns. The commanders of each side have called in a wide array of special forces in order to help them turn the tide of battle. Jedi, Sith. Commandos, Mercenaries, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Agents, Droids, the list was infinite. Anyone and anything they could get their hands on were about to arrive.

------

"It could be worth forty thousand credits, or even more if we give it up to the highest bidder," My partner-in-crime's hologram started sizzling out while he laughed.

"Just have the ship ready for when I get back. Don't get too excited about the pay. I'm the one sticking my neck out wondering through an active battlefield for this thing," Aeron snapped back at him.

"Your connection is starting to break up. If you don't hear from me before night time I'm probably dead and you can kiss that holocron goodbye," Aeron told him.

The hologram started fading out as Aeron turned it off. Aeron reached the top of a snowy hill somewhere and he pulled out his binoculars. He could see each faction had their own ship that was about to drop in a rogue's gallery of various force users, commanders, soldiers, and special forces. They must be really desperate at this point. The sounds of war echoed far off into the distance. Blasters firing off against each other. People were being blown to bits. War. War never changes. All of this for a Jedi holocron that supposedly held the secret to a long-forgotten force technique that could supposedly enhance an individual's connection to the force through meditation. Aeron realized this was a good moment for him to make big money. If he got his hands on the holocron before any rebels or imperials could do it he'd be able to sell it to whoever had the most money to offer.

Around day three of the battle, Quill decided he couldn't ignore it anymore. He lived on Hoth for peace and quiet, and now anger and pain disturbed the Force inescapably. A few calls offworld gave him a connection to the call for reinforcements and a sense of the general situation. He bundled up warm - no Jedi robes - and clipped his saber to his survival belt, then took a snowspeeder through the crags toward the fight.

The snowspeeder was a utility vehicle, no weapons, and he was no great pilot anyway. Signaling back and forth with another Jedi in the rebel faction's temporary base, he pulled in behind their lines and got ready to join the fight.

In fairly short order he was scrambling around embattled snow trenches, blue lightsaber flickering on and off at need to keep visibility low. He already had a couple of men's blood on his hands. Not a good day, not by a long shot.

Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh

Off in the distance Aeron took notice of a speeder bike heading towards the rebel base. Afterwards Aeron finally collected enough information about the battle in front of him to continue on with his plan: Disguises. Aeron didn't know where to begin so he made his way to the imperial base, and hid his presence with the distraction of war. All the bloodshed being laid out that day meant a person going missing wasn't unusual, and made it easier for Aeron to quietly take out a common stormtrooper and disguise himself in his outfit. Now, all Aeron had to do was figure out where the holocron was, and who had it currently.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Ravenous

R
"Damned Imp's." Ravenous slumped in his seat the space battle playing out before him rather irritating to the Dark Jedi. "Figures. Some spelunker finds an ancient Jedi Artifact and every nutcase in the galaxy scrabbles to get their meaty little hands on it." The Abysmal pulled into Hoth's orbit, staying just outside the ensuing conflict. The Dreadnought lowered its Heavy guns an umbrella of death and destruction stalling at Ravenous' behest. "Arizelva, analysis." Arizelva scuttled over to Ravenous a datapad in her hands. "The local Imperial and Alliance forces have been locked in a stalemate for almost three rotations now. There are encampments on the surface and both sides have dug-" The Togruta let out a belch, making it apparent she had been drinking again.

"Sorry." She cleared her throat. "Both sides have dug in and neither has gained much ground in the conflict." Ravenous let out a sigh clearly fatigued from the journey. "Alright. I have no love of Jedi so let's attack them first. Once their fleet is gone we'll hold off the Imperials while we descend to the surface and enact the second stage of the plan." Ari folded her arms her face steeped in skepticism. "You don't already have a plan!" Golden eyes gazed at the Togruta sending shivers up her spine. "I ALWAYS have a plan. You just can't see it yet." Ravenous leaned back in his chair his arms cradling his neck. "Launch fighters and two of our transports. Load them with explosives and wait for my signal."

Two squadrons of fighters sped out the hangar bay their formation centered around the two transports under their care."Form up around the transports, don't let anything through!" At breakneck speed, the fighters approached the fleet explosions and smaller dogfights shaking the formation.

Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh Ravenous

A chill ran through Quill, and it had nothing to do with the temperature on Hoth. Someone of serious power had arrived in the system. He found himself looking up - in a spare moment between snow-trench engagements - at the tiny specks of ships far above the clouds. Or, rather, at their weapons fire, which glowed brighter than stray light off distant hullmetal. A Sith Lord, or the equivalent, had come to Hoth.

Quill's pounding heart drove him to hunker down in a half-collapsed trench to catch his breath. He checked over his lightsaber with numb fingers. Though controlling his body temperature was second nature, living here as he did, he had little attention to spare. The battle here and now exemplified all the tenacity of the three-day engagement. And though he was fresh to the fight, he was also getting old.

Whatever was coming felt comparably seasoned, but experience didn't always go hand in hand with the weaknesses of age. Fear stirred in him.

Location | Behind the Third Moon of Hoth
Forces | The Enforcer |
Galactic-Class Starfighter Squadrons [x4] , Eta Angel-class Interceptor Squadrons [x3] , Tau Devastator-class Bomber Squadrons [x3]
Objective | Secure the Artifact
Tags | Ravenous | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik

Hoth. The Site of the pivotal Battle of Hoth in which saw the ancient Galactic Empire smash the Rebel Alliance and force the Rebels into hiding once more with this battle being one of the few decisive victories the Empire won throughout the course of the Galactic Civil War. In addition to being the site of one of the most greatest victories of the Empire , Hoth was home to former First Order Military Installations and was once the site of a skirmish between the OPA and remnants of the First Order.

Now , Hoth was the site of a new battle , this time revolving around a recently discovered Jedi Artifact that many people , Imperial and Rebel alike had sought to get their hands on including Ivan Stadd's associates way back into the Deep Core who through their network of Intelligence Operatives operating in the Outer Rim had been informed of a raging battle that had already began 3 Days prior to Stadd's arrival.

Upon hearing such information , Stadd's associates had hired two mercenaries , one by the name of Kenth Berik and another known as Nichos Velt. Both individuals had previously been hired by Stadd's associates who saw this battle as a perfect opportunity to test their abilities and determine if Kenth Berik and Nichos Velt were worthy of being hired for a larger job in which was crucial to their plans.

Thus with Berik and Velt hired , Task Force Adjudicator was assembled from a vast array of Open-Market Ships , Starfighters and Vehicles with portions of the task force soon being sent to Hoth to carry out their mission : Secure the Artifact and destroy anyone who came in their way. Stadd was at least happy that he had competent men accompanying him as Berik and Velt had been successful in the previous tasks assigned to them by his Associates and Stadd had great confidence in their ability to help him with the mission.

Soon enough , the
Enforcer would jump out of hyperspace arriving at the edge of the Hoth System taking cover near the Third Moon of Hoth far away from the ranging battle in orbit of the Famous Ice Planet , awaiting the arrival of Kenth Berik's Forces in order to begin the deployment of Forces towards the surface and secure the Artifact for Stadd's Associates. If everything went well , then Raptor Initiative could see early action way ahead of schedule. But that all depended on the outcome of this mission...

While undercover as an imperial stormtrooper, Aeron planned to do reconnaissance and locate the whereabouts of the much-sought-after artifact, but all his plans were interrupted when a new enemy joined the battlefield. Unidentified ships hung overhead as Aeron was avoiding detection in the imperial's base. They looked dangerous and ruined any chances for either faction to get any reinforcements - At least not from that deployment.

"Good. Another distraction and less reinforcements to have to trick. The more chaos the better,," Aeron thought to himself and continued, "But bad. Another enemy I'm going to have to avoid. H- Haha... No pressure."

Aeron made his way around the base, and picked out an experienced, but low ranking member of the imperial army and asked him where the artifact was.

"Don't you have your comms hooked up? Why are you asking me?" The stormtrooper gestured to his helmet's earpiece.

Oh cra-

"My comms started to malfunction unexpectedly, so I'd figure I'd just ask you," Aeron was sweating so much he could've been taking a bath in his suit.

"Let me fix i-"

"No. That won't be necessary. Have a good day," Aeron hurried off before his cover was blown. Now, he needed a new plan. Aeron calmly walked around the base and took more surveying of the area. Eventually he found a tent that was filled with wounded soldiers. His stolen helmet was covering it - but a grin that stretched from ear to ear appeared on Aeron's face. Perfect. Aeron nonchalantly waited around for the medics to turn their backs and he snuck up near an unconscious soldier and stole his earpiece from him.

"This is the most disgusting thing ever, but it's worth the money," Aeron braced himself and stuck the earpiece in the ear. Comms were surprisingly quiet, until a rather stern, but charismatic voice boomed over the microphone, "Agent K145 has the artifact. Protect him at all costs!"

Target acquired.

Joseph Torson Joseph Torson | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Ravenous

dRpFnbT.png
Objective: Prepare Adjudicator Fleet

Tags: Ravenous | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson
Naval Force: Renegade , Intractable , Lancet and
Silooth
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Power, Strength, Loyalty."

Kenth stood on the bridge of the Renegade in his clean black uniform with the red sigil of the Adjudicators on the sleeve of his right arm. His forces had been out of action for a while with their last major engagement over Ord Mantell ending in a pyrrhic victory, with his previous flagship, the Judicator far too damaged to be repaired and instead sold for scrap. But now the Adjudicators were back but not operating out of their own vessels. Instead they had been provided four by their employer, a pleasant surprise as he initially planned to move in with his own light fleet of frigates and corvettes.

The officer was lost in thought when an ensign walked up and spoke. "Commodore, we've arrived at the Hoth system. We are currently holding behind its third moon. Ivan Stadd has also arrived aboard his own personal flagship." Kenth turned and nodded. "Very good. We shall await further orders. In the meantime prepare our interdiction fields for operation and contact the other Captains and have them do the same." he said before looking around to the bridge crew. After Ord Mantell He barely had enough men to crew the Renegade so amongst them a few of Stadd's men were present along with the entirety of the Intractable's, Lancet's and Silooth's crews operated by them.

The Ensign spoke up once more "Shall I begin preparing our
security forces for deployment to Hoth?" and the commodore replied by shaking his head. "No. I believe our employer has tasked another with his ground objectives. I believe we are to be a fail safe of sorts. Instead prepare them for boarding action." The ensign nodded before walking away, leaving the man with his thoughts once more. Kenth didn't are much for the Artefact but was instead motivated by the battle. To remind the outer rim a few bands of rogue Imperials wasn't the last of the Empire they would see, even under a mercenary flag.

Last edited:

Ravenous

R
The Force around Ravenous whirled around like the blizzards on the planet below him, tremors shook his thoughts and piqued his attention putting him on higher alert than he already was. The dark figure rose to his feet a distant moon meeting his gaze as multiple objects came into view. More ships? Had to be, the energy radiating from them was new yet stale at the same time. He could sense the intent in their minds and the emotion behind their thoughts. These are determined, intelligent men...and they should not be taken lightly. "Ravenous! We just-" Ravenous dismissed her with a wave of his hand. "I can see that. They don't seem to be engaging but I doubt they're here to go skiing." Ravenous clasped his hands behind his back as a stray laser blast hit the shield.

"Are the drop ships ready?" "Almost. Were still loading up the last of them but we should-" Ravenous headed for the bridge exit effectively ending the conversation. "Get the rest of our forces down there. That Holocron is mine." Ravenous made his way down the bustling hangar, droids, and organics alike scrambling towards their transports. Adjusting his mask Ravenous stepped inside an Exogroth Armored transport, the dropship carrying it taking off almost immediately after. "Dagger Squadron. Status report."

A Squadron Arrowhead fighters closed in on the Rebel fleet their targeting computers lighting up as fighters began to assail them. "Almost there! Fifteen seconds!" Red bolts of energy whizzed by the assault group punching holes in their defense. "Almost there..." The ships got into range of the Rebel fleet the intensity of the enemy fire destroying three fighters. "Alright break off!" The squadron broke off leaving the two transports to continue their attack vector. Opening their bay doors the two ships used their momentum to send a volley of asteroids flying at the enemy filling the space between them and the Abysmal with a field of rock and shrapnel. Returning to base the two transport found themselves under fire causing one of them to be shot down in their retreat.

Ravenous' comm lit up.
"We lost a transport, sir." "That's inconsequential. Tell the fighters to cover our descent. I don't want to lose any dropship on the way down to the surface." Dancing through the field of rocks and laser fire, five dropships sped towards Hoth the automations clamped to their underbellies exposed to enemy fire. "Make sure not to get too close to any of the asteroids. I don't want to get blown to hell before we even reach ground zero."

Ravenous leaned back in his seat the flashing lights before him reminding him of his time as a Sith. He could practically smell the smoke coming from the surface, as well as the death and decay that always followed it. War is simply in his blood, it always has been. Ravenous has come to believe that war is in everything, from the smallest speck of mineral to the deepest hardest stone, war is what ensures survival and survival is the reason he'll win the day...

...and the Holocron.

Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson | Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

The battle near the transports became incredibly intense. Screams could be heard from anywhere on the battlefield. Commanders were scrabbling to get their men back together and organize a retaliation attack. Aeron, still disguised as an imperial stormtrooper, overheard on their comms an order for a special operative to "shut down those fleets." Aeron was puzzled until he saw a group of specially trained stormtroopers with rocket launchers start firing at the attacking fleet near their transports. Three shots were fired and only one shot grazed one of the ships surrounding the imperial transport. I guess the joke about stormtroopers not being able to aim has a little truth to it.

Aeron used the distraction from the invading faction to find his way out of the imperial base and onto the surrounding battlefield that overwhelmed even hardened war veterans. The surface fight was bloody, but not what Aeron came here for. He had to make his way to hoth's cave system in order to get closer to the holocron. This was, of course, assuming the Agent who was holding the holocron earlier was still in the cave system - because otherwise the imperials would've already won.

"Agent K145 was KIA. We let the holocron fall into rebel hands! Get it back!" The imperial officer shouted over the comms.

Ravenous | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Forces | The Enforcer | Galactic-Class Starfighter Squadrons [x4] , Eta Angel-class Interceptor Squadrons [x3] , Tau Devastator-class Bomber Squadrons [x3]
Tags | Ravenous | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Nichos Velt Nichos Velt

"Sir , Kenth Berik and the rest of the Fleet have arrived!" the Captain of the
Enforcer shouted shouted just as 4 Additional Vessels jumped out of hyperspace and joined the Enforcer behind the moon of Hoth. Already the reinforcing Ships had activated their gravity wells ensuring that even that large behemoth could not escape the Hoth System and giving Stadd and his forces more chances to succeed. Now with the arrival of Kenth Berik and the Strengthening of Stadd's Fleet it was now time to go on the offensive.

"Alright" Stadd began. "Relay the following orders to all vessels." he said to the Captain of the Enforcer "I want all our ships to move out from our position behind the Third Moon of Hoth and move into attack position on the largest Ship present [The Abysmal]. Then i want all of our Fighters to be deployed in order to cover the deployment of Nichos Velt's Group towards the surface." Stadd said. The Goal was simple , Destroy enemy Forces Present in orbit and on the surface and Secure the Artifact. With what forces Stadd brought to the fray this should be enough to secure the Artifact and even hunt down whoever found himself in possession of it.

Soon enough , the Captain of the Enforcer , relayed the orders to the rest of the Fleet and the Enforcer soon moved out from it's position behind the Third Moon of Hoth , it's Primary Weapons ready and Shields prepared for any counter-attack. As the Enforcer moved out from it's hiding spot it began heading towards the Abysmal ready to engage the vessel with Fighters being deployed and moving forth to establish a defensive Fighter-Screen infront of the Enforcer to protect it from any potential counter-attack from the enemy Vessel.

As the Stadd's Flagship and Berik's Fleet moved into position , Nichos Velt was given the green light to begin deployment , with a Single
Chi-Class Heavy Dropship protected by a Squadron of Galactic-Class Starfighters heading out from the ventral hangar of the Enforcer and rushing towards the surface to deploy Nichos Velt's Force in order to secure the Artifact. Meanwhile as the Enforcer and the rest of the Fleet zeroed in on the Abysmal , Ivan Stadd send a simple transmission to a nearby Patrol Ship hiding in the Hoth Asteroid Belt : "Spring the Trap." . Whoever was onboard the Abysmal was up for a surprise as Stadd was about to unleash a weapon that had been waiting a long time to be deployed on the battlefield. A Weapon that would end his enemies hopes of even retrieving the Jedi Artifact and secure Stadd's victory in this small incursion.

Aeron had a bad feeling in his chest. He felt as though the worse is yet to come. After hearing the new intel that the holocron was currently residing in rebel hands Aeron quickly made his way past the blaster fire that surrounded the surface trenches and slipped past any stormtroopers without any of them being none the wiser.

Finally. The caves. They were dark, damp, and Aeron could barely see anything. The caves imitated a creepy vibe - A lot different from the tension surrounding the fleets in the sky, and the intensity from the surface battle. Every trooper had a flashlight of some kind, and they moved slowly, with Aeron flying under the radar with his acting skills.

"We've retrieved the holocron once more. Don't let the rebels get it back again!" The officer said over the comms. He sounded like he was getting tired of this. Admittedly, so was Aeron.

Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson | Ravenous | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

dRpFnbT.png
Objective: Prepare Adjudicator Fleet

Silooth
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The communications officer stood up and turned to the Commodore, "Sir, Ivan Stadd has designated us a target, a heavy battlecruiser engaging local Imperial forces." Kenth nodded and spoke. "Helmsmen, full speed ahead." he said and the small fleet emerged from the cover of Hoth's moon. "Gunners, target the vessel with our quad turbolasers and concussion missiles. Have the Intractable, Lancet and Silooth in a wide formation and focus fire." He said and the four ships spread out firing on the Abyssmal.

As the fleet approached Kenth began planning out his next course of action. As far as he was concerned he first needed to create a blockade. As the ships moved closer Kenth spoke once more. "Activate the interdiction field and deploy 2
fighter squadrons and bombers have them target the Abyssmal. We shall hold 1 squadron in reserve." and soon swarms of fighters emerged from the four star destroyers and honed in on the Abyssmal while the four star destroyers activated their gravity wells, trapping the ships fighting in orbit

Kenth stood there and thought to himself as his ships fired off at the Abyssmal. He had followed Stadd's orders but he had something else in mind. "Have the Lancet and her fighters diver course and target the rebel fleet." he said to which the ensign replied. "With all due respect sir our orders are to target the battlecruiser." The commodore turned back to the man "Stadd has brought us here to complete his objective. I am here to also crush anti-imperial sentiment." The ensign nodded and one of the star destroyers diverted fire from the Abyssmal and towards the rebel fleet.

• Four Star Destroyers emerge firing at the Abyssmal
  • All activate their interdiction fields and deploy starfighters
  • Lancer diverted to target the rebel fleet

A dead man's comlink gave Quill an ear to the rebels' situation and priorities. This was all, apparently, about a dangerous holocron. And it was changing hands frequently in pitched battle, in the caves and tunnels adjacent to the trench system.

Braving the wind, Quill clambered over a snowdrift and up the wall of a collapsed trench. One of the cave entrances gaped open nearby. Deep inside, blasterfire flashed red. Quill powered up his lightsaber and headed in. He didn't like to travel with an active saber, but this time attracting attention could only help dishearten the Imperials and encourage their opponents. Even if he never got a hand on the holocron, his presence alone might help.

As a plus-one of sorts, he reached deep into the Force and employed a rare, unusual technique: Suerton probability manipulation. Good luck clung to him, and hopefully to the rebel side as well, at least here in the caves.

Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh

"A jedi has been spotted in the caves! Be wary and show them what we're capable of!" The officer diverged over the comms.

"A jedi? Really? We're dead meat," One of the imperials near my squadron spoke out. His callsign was K890, but his buddies kept referring to him as, "Edge."

"What's the hold up on those reinforcements? They got a Jedi and I still haven't seen any special forces down here like command promised us," K231 spoke out, projecting the question to anyone who could hear him - Which was everyone since the entrance to the cave was relatively far from the enemies.

"The reinforcements were killed on their way here. We have an enemy ship that blasted the shipment out of the sky. Their not with the Alliance though, maybe some mercenaries the alliance hired for back up?" K543 replied, and another butted in,

"The Alliance partnering up with mercenaries? In your dreams."

Aeron stayed silent and hoped that he'd hear something actually important from these no aim slackers during their walk through the caves.

"I've heard some rumors floating around that the same people who attacked our reinforcements also attacked the rebels' reinforcement dropship too. Who even has the firepower for that besides us?" Edge told the rest of the soldiers, and then looked over to Aeron and said,

"What do you think Brainiac? you're always coming up with theories"

"Oh no. Stay calm," Aeron thought to himself. With his gun raised Aeron fatally shot K543, and before they could react fast enough he injured K231 and took him out of the fight. The blaster fire lit up the cave for a few seconds at a time. It was like a epileptic nightmare. Aeron flipped the flashlight on his gun off and activated one of his special gadgets - A stealth field generator, or SFG for short. It wasn't a cheap SFG either. Aeron had to pull off an entire heist with a ragtag group in order to afford it. Unless Aeron was breathing down your neck you wouldn't be able to see him. While Edge fired off into the void, and started frantically looking around for Aeron it was already too late. Aeron had got behind Edge and placed a perfect blaster bolt right behind his helmet. Edge fell to the ground, and Aeron went over to K231 and put him out of his misery. Aeron continued forward through the cave system, where farther down he could hear blaster fire and the typical screams of war that usually accompany them. As Aeron got slightly closer to the skirmish he noticed a very slight but unforgettable glow. A jedi. Aeron's first instinct was too immediately open up his comlink and demand backup at his location, while running away. The imperials had terrible aim but they were plentiful in numbers and disciplined at the least. Backup was going to appear any moment. The perfect distraction to allow him to slip by with his SFG, though it needed to recharge after he just used it.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Ravenous | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson

Ravenous

R
Hovering over a thin layer of ice the trio of transports dropped the Exogorth Assualt Transports straight onto the ice causing it to shatter and break submerging the vehicles inside a frozen lake. It wasn't long before the convoy started tunneling through the ice causing a loud shuddering sound at their approach. "Sir. The map 0f the battlefield is ready." Switching on the holoprojector a map of the icy landscape sputtered to life showing a general makeup of the caverns and ruins the two sides were battling in. "Good. Relay this to the other transports: Tunnel under the battlefield, disrupt the ice enough to where it collapses, and destroys the battlefield in the process. Once the two sides are unable to reach each other we can focus on whoever has the Holocron. I will personally track down and destroy the carrier once they are revealed."

Immediately the three Exogorth's started burrowing under the battlefield, slithering like worms in the dirt. "Estimated five minutes before the ice gives." The internal comm blared to life as the Abysmal patched through to the convoy. "Five enemy contacts are advancing on The Abysmal!" "Figured it was only a matter of time until they showed their hand..." The golden glow in the man's eye intensified as he slammed his fist on the console. "Bring the ship around! Raise shields and activate the Gravity Generator! Do whatever you need to in order to destroy that fleet! Just keep them from the surface and we should be fine." "Four minutes left sir..."

Meanwhile, a massive space battle is underway...

Like ants in a colony, The Abysmal's bridge saw its technicians and gunnery crews scramble for their posts as a volley of enemy fire came flying at the vessel. With the Immolation Shield raised any shots that hit the shield burned out on contact effectively conserving shield integrity and protecting the Abysmal from enemy fire and missiles.
"Alright! We're safe for now but that shield isn't gonna hold forever!" Arizelva pointed towards the gunnery captain. "Get the Solar Cannon ready! I wanna melt those destroyers into slag!" Immediately the solar cannon began taking on sunlight its beam capable of punching through shields and sawing through hull. "Return fire to the destroyers and activate the gravity generator! Once the enemy fighters are in range increase the repulsive force to keep them out!" Arizelva is no Ravenous, but her adaptability is certainly on the same level as his. In fact, it's one of the reasons Ravenous even chose to let her live after she tried to kill him.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page I think I should mention that fighters cannot go through the Gravity Generator without being crushed or the shield without being burned to a crisp. Also in case, it wasn't clear the solar cannon can't one-shot shields or anything like that.

Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Forces | The Enforcer | Galactic-Class Starfighter Squadrons [x4] , Eta Angel-class Interceptor Squadrons [x3] , Tau Devastator-class Bomber Squadrons [x3]
Tags | Ravenous | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Nichos Velt Nichos Velt

As the Enforcer moved in to engage , Kenth Berik fired the first shot as his Cruisers and Escort Ships began targeting the enemy Battlecruiser. However as Berik's Forces hammered the enemy Fleet , the Mercenary diverted a portion of his forces to combat the Rebel Naval Forces also present in orbit. The Captain of the Enforcer quickly took notice of that and informed the Colonel of the new update. "Uh sir , Commodore Berik has just diverted one of his Frigates to pursue the Rebel Forces. Orders?"

Colonel Stadd looked at the development. Berik's Frigate had indeed broken off from the main attack and began engaging rebel forces but for what Stadd knew that action did not compromise his current objective , so he decided that he would let the Commodore be. "Ignore that. The Commodore's actions does not fully compromise our mission since it's a simple Frigate being diverted and plus this action could clear out additional forces making our mission even easier so i wouldn't worry that much about the Commodore's Actions" Stadd replied.

"In the meantime" Stadd continued. "Are we in firing range of the enemy Battleship?" Stadd asked. "Yes sir we are in range and our gunners are simply awaiting your orders to open fire." the Captain said in response. "Good. begin targeting the enemy battecruiser. I want that ship..." , suddenly , Ivan Stadd's order was cut off as the enemy's Special Weapon opened fire on the Enforcer , hitting the front of the vessel hard and nearly throwing the Colonel off balance. "What was that?" Colonel Stadd asked in a surprised tone.

One of the bridge officers was quick to reply. "Sir we've been hit by the Special Weapon from the enemy Battlecruiser. Seems to be some sort of Solar Canon. It's already slowly wearing down our front shields and inflicting minor damage to the hull." Stadd smiled. His opponents weapon's layout was impressive but not enough to defeat the Enforcer . "Well then. Seems like our little friend here has big guns. Let's show him that our guns are bigger. Fire both Proton Beam Canons and our Shield Leech Canons." Stadd ordered.

Soon enough all batteries of the Enforcer went live and the Proton Beam Canons and the Shield Leech Canon fired on the enemy Battlecruiser. While the Immolation Shield of the Abysmal would hold off against the Proton Beam Canons for a while , the Shield Leech Canons would begin slowly draining the shield power of the Large Battlecruiser and utilize that drained power to power-up the Enforcer's own Shields. In a few minutes , the Abysmal would have no shields and the Proton Beam Canons along with the Main Batteries of the Enforcer would do the rest of the job.

As the Battle progressed however , within the Hoth Asteroid Belt , 14
mysterious Fighters made their approach towards the current battle in orbit of Hoth. Their Shield X Protocols and Stygium Cloaking Devices were activated allowing them to move through the asteroid field without being detected and survive collisions with both asteroids and each other. These 14 Fighters were speeding towards the battlefield and once unleashed would be nearly unstoppable. It was now a matter of time before they would rain death and destruction upon the unsuspecting ships above Hoth.

dRpFnbT.png
Objective: Attack the Abyssmal and Destroy the Rebel Fleet

Silooth

As the first few volleys were exchanged the bridge jumped to life as ensigns and ratings rushed around in the gunnery pits and communication terminals ensuring the fleet remained on target. An ensign rushed to Kenth's side and spoke. "Sir. The enemy have raised an experimental shield and are engaging us with heavy weapons. Initial scans show it is solar based." Kenth stood there, taking in the information. "Our starfighters cannot engage either. The gravity well is forcing them to steer clear and thermal readings show the shield is radiating temperatures high enough to melt them to ash."

The commodore stood there, rethinking his strategy. It was clear this was no ordinary battlecruiser, either constructed or heavily modified. He would have to focus what resources he had on the Abyssmal. "Continue focusing fire on that ship. It's shields can't hold forever. Once they go down have our gunners target the source of the gravity well so our starfighters may engage." he said while watching the Abyssmal in action through the Star Destroyer's viewport. "In the meantime pull our bombers back and have our starfighters engage the rebels. No use in having them sit around aimlessly." the ensign nodded and scurried off to the gunner pit then to the starfighter command, ensuring Berik's orders were relayed. Soon the full might of the 3 Veles-class star destroyers opened up as turbolasers, ion cannons and concussion missile launchers all fired on the Abyssmal.

Kenth suddenly made an about turn and made his way straight towards the communications officer. "Sub-lieutenant, open a communication channel to the Lancet." the junior officer nodded and immediately opened the channel. A hologram of a bearded human officer appeared. "Captain Junto. I see you've taken the relaxation of the grooming standard to heart." the man let out a small grin and replied. "Yes Commodore, I always felt a beard would suit me more." The commodore let out a small chuckle, akin to a light cough. "Well this is no social call. Give me an update on the rebels." The grin was soon wiped off the mans face as the topic returned to the battle. "Of course. My destroyer is holding well against the rebels, their cruisers and frigates are no match for our might. Starfighter strength however is down to 89%." Kenth nodded as he spoke. "Well fret not, I am sending 6 squadrons to you while I deal with our advesaries experimental technology. I would like most of them back once this battlecruiser's shields do go down." Captain Junto saluted and replied. "Of course sir. I shall use them wisely."

• 3 star destroyers focus fire with all weapons on the shields of the Abyssmal.
  • Gunners prepare to lock targets with the gravity well generators once the shield goes down.
  • Starfighters redirected to help the lanet engage the rebel fleet.

Ravenous Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh

Even with warm gloves, Quill's fingers were getting a little stiff and numb. He'd let his tapas lapse. Deep in the tunnels, he fumbled and dropped his lightsaber. The scarred old weapon rolled behind some storage containers. He called for it through the Force, but it rattled and snagged on something.

Grumpiness threatened his calm. He shuffled behind the crates and started fishing for the errant lightsaber.

And then froze as a squad of stormtroopers rushed past without noticing him at all.

What were the odds?

He took a few minutes to warm up and get a sense of the holocron. It felt nearby, thattaway. He went thattaway.

As a group of imperials flew by to "assist" Aeron in dealing with the rebels, Aeron hung back and watched the carnage unfold.

He decided he'd take care of whoever was left. The sound of blasterfire boomed throughout the small section of cave the two factions occupied, but eventually the noise subsided, and the only ones left standing were two rebels.

Piece of cake.

Aeron had popped out of cover with his blaster shotgun ready and took out the two rebels with great ease. Aeron walked over to the Rebel's corpse's and dislodged one of the rebel's comlinks and took it for himself so he could use it.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Ravenous | Kenth Berik Kenth Berik | Joseph Torson Joseph Torson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom