Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The battle for the icy holocron | Hoth | Capture the Flag

Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh

Five minutes' walk by faith put Quill exactly where he needed to be: in a cave with a few bodies and a Twi'lek who might or might not own the stormtrooper armor he was wearing. Quill kept his saber lit.

The holocron was in a dead man's grasp, between the two of them. Quill licked his lips nervously.

"You here for this too? I'll pay you for your half a claim if you are."

Aeron wasn't happy with splitting the cut, but Aeron also wasn't happy with getting cut into a million pieces with a lightsaber, either. Since his SFG was on cooldown he didn''t really have much of a choice.

"Looks like you caught me red handed. You got yourself a deal. I'll make sure you get your half if we both make it out of here alive."

Aeron walked over to the dead body that held the holocron in it's hand, and lazily picked it up. Aeron motioned for Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill to follow him as he headed back the way he came from.

"My half? No, no-" Deactivating his saber, Quill hurried to keep pace with the much younger Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh . "I want the holocron. If selling it's your goal, I'll give you the full value of it and take it, free and clear. You've got a buyer ready and willing, right here. Name a price."

Surprised for a moment, Aeron turned back to the hurrying old man, Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill and paused for a second.

"Really, Well in that case, I want the retail value of this holocron - which sits at an astounding 500,000 credits. If you got cash like that than it's a deal."

Quill flinched.

"Not on hand - BUT."

He paused there in the snowy tunnel until it became clear that Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh was only stopping for a second before hurrying along. Quill worked to keep pace.

"-I can arrange it. I'm a Jedi, and I know a lot of Jedi with serious resources. I've got no doubt I could get you your money given enough time - no, wait, wait. I've got a ship, a beautiful one, worth around that much. Heavily modified Gallofree light freighter, all kinds of bells and whistles, parked about half an hour's walk from here or five minutes by speeder bike. It's my home, and it's yours for the holocron."

"A Gallofree huh? Ok. it's a deal."

Aeron never thought he'd get his hands on a Gallofree before. He was excited to see the beauty this old Jedi was harboring.

"So... uhhh.... Let's get out of here. I'll hand over the holocron once I see this ship of yours - Just so I know you aren't trying to con me. I know the Jedi are all about peace and whatever but I don't trust anyone easily."

Aeron began to walk a few steps, and paused,

"Wait, actually, You should probably lead us out of here, shouldn't you? We're heading to your ship afterall."

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | CT-3425 CT-3425

Quill rubbed his face. He'd miss that ship.

"Why do they want it?" He looked at the newly arrived clone CT-3425 CT-3425 , who didn't seem inclined to violence at the moment. "My guess is they're doing it to make some Sith happy. Whatever information is inside, it probably only had value to someone like that or someone like me. Come on - the ship's this way."

***​

With his Force-enhanced luck to guide them, the ship wasn't far. He'd parked his beloved Visitor right where he said. After going aboard briefly to gather a few personal items, he handed the registration and access keys to Aeron Dosh Aeron Dosh

"May she serve you well for a long time," he said, and held out his hand to accept the holocron in trade.

Cradling the holocron like a pre-term infant, Quill peered down into the crystalline matrices. So this was what had cost so many lives - and his beloved ship to boot. It could be anything in there. Sith makeup tips, for all he knew. It felt significant, but that was probably just confirmation bias talking.

He gave the departing ship a wave and a sigh, and headed home to the hermitage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom