Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Galactic-Class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianna Blissex

D
rBonAvq.png

lfOpz86.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide an open market starfighter from Kuat
  • Image Source: THE BOY FRACTAL
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
  • Affiliation:
  • Model: I-89 Galactic-Class Starfighter
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    • Alusteel
    • Durasteel
    • Doonium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 11 Meters
  • Width: 8 Meters
  • Height: 3 Meters
  • Crew: 1
  • Passengers: 1
  • Armament: Average
    • 2 Laser Cannons
    • 2 Light Laser Cannons/Ion Cannons
    • Concussion Missile Launcher
    • Proton Torpedo Launch Bay
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Low: 8
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Starfighter Features
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Integrated Droid Brain Assisted Nav Computer [Astromech Speeds]
STRENGTHS
  • Forward Facing Weapons: Able to converge all firepower on a single point
  • Speed Demon and Elite handling
WEAKNESSES
  • Forward Facing Weapons: Can only fire along a single vector
  • Weak Shields
Napm1sn.png

DESCRIPTION
Developed by the Commission to Defend Kuat, the Galactic-Class starfighter was a quick and maneuverable space superiority fighter. Its two, powerful ion engines provided a favorable thrust to mass ration, allowing it to keep pace with some of the Galaxy's fastest interceptors and maneuver just as well. Originally pushed into service to defend the decaying business assets of Kuat after the Sith and other Imperial groups left the Core Worlds from the pirates and warlords they left behind, the Galactic-Class saw favorable civilian sales as well as star racers or light courier vessels. Cheap and reliable, the Galactic-Class strangely saw a great deal of success. Equipped with four laser cannons a concussion missile launcher and a bay for proton torpedos they could dissuade small capital ships from encroaching on territory but with its lackluster shields and armor the paper-thin fighters crumbled in dogfights for all but the best of pilots. The addition of a hyperdrive in later models expanded its mission profile, however, and its lack of shields and armor became an acceptable drawback for the quick and maneuverable scout fighter as it was able to move independently of a carrier to patrol star systems or deliver important messages. While it lacked the flashy design or the true capacity to be a deadly fighter-bomber like most other fighters on the market, it hit a nice sweet spot on the civilian and private defense markets and danced among the stars in its home of mediocrity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Dianna Blissex You have forward-facing as a strength and a weakness, however; it is negated as a weakness by starfighter's own high maneuverability. You also mention as a strength that it's a speed demon and has elite handling, so. It can turn on a dime and fire in the direction it needs to based on what you've presented me. I'm not going to count that as a weakness for that reason, so I'll leave it to you if you want to replace the weakness or just remove it altogether. Everything else looks fine, good work as always.

Dianna Blissex

D
Fiolette Raaf Just for clarification are you asking that I add another weakness? Though I disagree that either of those cancels out non-movable weapons in a multi-dimensional space in a dogfight, because it means you can't efficiently lead your targets without altering your own course entirely the whole time you're leading.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Dianna Blissex We'll have to agree to disagree, but I'll move this to green for you. I trust your style of RP but be cautious of others utilizing the fighter and possibly abusing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom