Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bastatha Affair

How I love the rain
[member="Arekk"]

Keep a sharp eye in her line of work and his that was a true statement. Leilani had worked as an operative for the First Order she thought it would be an easy job but it had led to more chaos in her life than she had bargained for.

She got out.

Then there was that Jedi and his father. More chaos. More of being not herself. She was herself now, she was what she was comfortable being. All this thinking about the past hung on her heart heavy. She squeezed Arekk's hand again a reminder that for the last 12 hours he had accepted her.

Something she couldn't thank him enough for.

"Zeltros might give you a headache dear Arekk. But I would like for you to see it at least once." The pheromones weren't always kind to newcomers. "Yes time with you in the sun on the beach. It sounds like the things dreams are made of" The last beach she had been on was when the ship crashed. She wouldn't think about that now.

"So. You think I could be safe here on Lithios. If that is the case, I have a wager." She smiled here would come that zeltron personality again. "I scouted this path the day I arrived before our meeting I know what turns to take to get to our destination."

She had walked it making sure she knew the way not wanting to get lost in an unfamiliar place. She had not counted on having a guide.

"I'll race you there. Winner gets an IOU of choice. When I say IOU something like I OU dinner, I OU a massage, I OU answers to 10 questions..." She smiled brightly. As much as she wanted nothing more than to walk hand in hand with him to their destination she wanted to have to have some fun too.

"Now you do know these paths better than I do, and might even know a quicker way I would ask for a bit of a head start. Think of the prize...an I OU of your choice granted on vacation which" She winked at him, "I am really looking forward to spending time with you"

She smiled and waited to see his response. He might think she was being a bit childish, that was ok. Remember they were living life every day to the fullest no matter what. To her that meant making sure there was some silliness, some intimacy, some seriousness, but that she would make him smile as much as she could.

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
"The chance to begin again."
// w. [member="Leilani Paaie"]

"That's exactly what I mean. A headache, though? Much better than Lithios, tell you that much. It can't be so bad!"

He knew that much, that's for sure. Spending time on a sunny beach with the waves clashing against the shore line, a drink of the finest liquor in his left hand and to his right a beautiful girl such as Leilani as the best company someone could ever ask for. Even thinking of the possibility in the future of that truly happening made him shiver of excitedness, eager for that moment to arrive right away.

Soon, though. Soon.

"Safe? In a sense, yeah. That's if you don't get yourself entangled in funny business, which is the trademark of Ethos City." He smiled back to her again, clearly amused about the answer given. "Race me? The prize sounds even better, I know the entire city like the palm of my hand."

Ar'ekk could think of so many things when she asked, broadening the widest of grins as he did so. It wasn't a childish thing to say by any mean let alone do, though the narrow alleyways and packed streets would make running a little difficult which is why he mastered the art of doing parkour. Imagine escaling, jumping, vaulting over massive buildings and roofs just to get to your destination.

Perfect.

"Maybe you've got better IOU's than I do, huh?" He winked with a double enténdre. "Come on, I'll give you a one minute head start."

And they are off!
[member="Arekk"]

He was such a good sport about it all he was willing to say he'd go almost anywhere what an open mind! How refreshing from the rigid minds of others she had encountered. It pleased her soul to know ends. Nothing could compare to the happiness she felt in being around him, in his willingness experience and try what she suggested. She wanted to hold onto this feeling for as long as she could whether it was fleeting or more. Carpe Diem!

"Oh and yes I know you do, know this city so well...I am clearly at a bit of a disadvantage, But hopefully long legs and desire will be enough of an edge.." She smiled at him brightly how pleasing he was to her eyes. He was agreeing to the wager, woohoo!!! Her heart beat a bit faster as the excitement built up, the adrenaline was ready to burst!!

"AH!" She laughed outloud he was giving her a minute...she gave him a quick peck to the check, "you're a doll love" Then she took off she remembered take the first right, the second left and run straight until she hit the wall then she'd be there.

She didn't dare look back to see if he was following simply because she knew she'd fall on her face to do so, and in front of her people were in constant motion. Children scurrying about, vendors moving boxes, the narrowness of the alleys and then there were the customers.

She danced between two vendors who threw her a why in such a rush glance. If they only knew! An IOU could be more precious than coaxium.

She had no idea that he would be jumping across the roofs certainly a cleaner less traveled route.

Arekk

"You too, sweetheart. Alright, go! I'll see you there in a bit."

He laughed as the rain splashed heavily on and around them, winning wasn't his idea here. The fact that he had the opportunity to take in the Ethos City sights through parkour was a very desirable thing to do that he hadn't had the chance to do before was exciting, adrenaline rushing too. No matter how fast he got to their agreed destination, Leilani would get there first because that's what he wanted.

Letting her win? Nah. More like taking his time to enjoy a very different activity such as parkouring through the streets and alleyways as the rain fell on his face, enjoying the neon-infested and packed Ethos City in a very peculiar form.

Ar'ekk eventually escaped from the Zeltron girl's sight as he escaled a wall like your average storytale-esque character with his hands and feet, reaching the highest part of a concrete building and running from rooftops and going forward in a high pace. His eyes kept on Leilani, making sure she wouldn't run into any trouble during their little race.

This was fun.

Winning isn't everything
[member="Arekk"]

Leilani slowed down a bit to get through a small wall of people working their way to jobs and breakfast. They cast glances her way looking her over but none said anything they just moved on. The rain drops came in a slow and steady shower. Any other place and this would be welcome here on Lithios it was just another day.

She wondered where was Arekk she had a moment to breath she turned to look. She scanned quickly but there was no sign of him. Just as she suspected he had taken a different path. She expected him to win because of his familiarity with the city. Lost in thought she didn't see the three foot obstacle she was coming up on fast. Leilani tripped and found herself on her knees staring into the bright blue eyes of a little girl with a sweet little face. "Hi" her small voice which she would have missed standing above her. Leilani laughed, "Hi you ok?"

Blue eyes smiled as she bobbed her head yes. The rain had matted the blonde curls to her brow and temple instinctively Leilani reached over and pushed the hair from the girls brow. "I need to watch where I'm going better." The girl just smiled, from behind Leilani a woman's voice rang out, "Tabitha!" The girl looked at Leilani again and moved off, "bye" Leilani wiggled her
fingers bye.

Leilani's stood up watching the girl rejoin her mother. A simple nod exchanged between the two women.

She then thought of Arekk and this little race. Not everyone could do what they were doing. Not everyone had the means. It was a reminder to her of what was important.

She wanted him to win. Yes as a zeltron she should have wanted to win herself that competitive Zeltron nature but she wasn't the average zeltron. It was truly better to give than to receive her abrupt stop to the knees a reminder of who and what she was.

She wanted to give him something whether it be something as simple as a massage, moonlight walks, just some silence to enjoy the sounds of an easier life or toast for breakfast. In truth she didn't need an IOU to do any of that she could just do it. Give without expectation.

The crowd began to thin and Leilani took the left and now headed straight towards the office building where the meeting would take place. She of course had no idea that Arekk was watching from above or that he wanted her to win.

She began jogging again she didn't want to arrive too quickly she wanted to see him coming. She could see the building ahead looming up. The meeting was on the 4th floor.

Arekk

"Hey, hey. That was quick, huh?"

Ar'ekk surfaced from behind a pillar at the entrance of the building, surprising Leilani as he stumbled against him. Laughing as he did so, the man had clearly changed his mind midway through their little race and decided to take advantage of his knowledge of Ethos City and get there first in a timely fashion, sealing the victory for him right there and then.

Truth be told, it was kinda nice to have the control over the IOU's they had agreed as a prize but at the end it only mattered to be with the Zeltron girl. Minds focused on the business at hand now, doors to the building opening up for them with the turbolift at the end of the corridor. The security guard, a rather elderly man, was sleeping on the job while a holoflick ran in the background.

"Quite the place."

Something reeked awful but he couldn't pinpoint what.

Into the darkness we walk together
[member="Arekk"]

She couldn't be more pleased that he won. If she was wearing some silly grin he was polite enough not to make a mention of it. "You win, so think about what IOU I should write."

She looked up at the building it just seemed ominous. There were windows that reflected a warm yellow light indicating that there were inhabitants. She nodded thinking again fourth floor. Commission. Obroa-Skai. She wondered should she put that appointment off for a week or so? It couldn't hurt right? She would have to see how this meeting went. A lot was riding on it.

As they walked into the hall it felt odd. The sleeping guard stretched at the sound of their boots on the fall. "Evening folks" Laugh lines and crows feet added years to his age. The old holo playing told Leilani the guard was old the show was called Transport 54 Where are you?

"Good Evening" Leilani greeted him, "We have an appointment with Mr. Seymour Aruti."

The old man looked down, "Ms. Paaie, but no mention of a companion." His voice cracked slightly as he spoke. Leilani smiled looking back at Arekk she hoped he would understand the diversion she was going to try to create. She sighed heavily, "Well I don't usually mention" she was going to say the help but quickly changed it to, "body guards when I make appointment."

The Guard shook his head, "Mam." Leilani stepped closer, "He's just making sure that no harm comes to me. If Mr. Aruti would rather cancel I understand. Perhaps you should call him." She smiled. Always smile makes them wonder what you are up go.

"Mam if Mr. Aruti doesn't want your companion there your companion will know it. I'll let them know you're on your way up."

Something was really weird about all of this it felt weird. She looked back to Arekk what did his senses tell him that knack he had they discussed earlier for feeling folks out.

The turbolift doors opened.

"thank you." She took a breath and headed inside.

Arekk

"I can stay outside, if you want. Not truly smart to make this guy you're meeting more anxious than he already is."

Something started tingling as they entered the turbolift and ascended to their destined floor, his leather boots padding across the wooden floor and looking around what seemed to be the waiting area for Mr. Aruti's office. The design was extravagant for someone in this side of town, probably someone related to a corporation like Makarasa or Killitech. The air was clogging with cigarra smoke that came from the man's private room through an open window above the door, muffled voices could be heard behind the door.

Considering that nobody else was in sight, Ar'ekk walked to one of the chairs and plopped down carelessly as he looked around aimlessly until he landed eyes on Leilani and finally shrugged. His K-16 blaster pistol stirred nervously underneath this leather jacket, trigger finger pleading for some exercise if the situation turned that way, optical eyes already scanning for the nearest exit and assessing the building overall thanks to highly advanced cybernetics installed on his body.

"You go, I will wait here."

Better than making your contact angry, he'd do better out here to keep an eye out on the Zeltron girl.

I fear no evil for thou art with me
[member="Arekk"]

"You are right" She hadn't expected this much security really her name on a list and the apprehension about her having a little security with her. In truth though he was only expecting her and Arekk was a welcome addition in her eyes. Aruti would just have to deal with it.

She nodded and went to the door taking a deep breath she placed her hand upon it and it slid open. She looked back at Arekk smiled and then headed in the doors slid shut. The next room was more like an office.

The floors had a high shine; all the walls were covered with dark paint. Aruti seemed to have a relationship with shadows that made Leilani uncomfortable. She took a few more steps standing behind a large desk covered in monitors stood a middle aged man, steel grey eyes, well built; his dark hair had strands of gray, no wrinkles to suggest his age. He was immaculate in a light gray shimmersilk suit.

"Mr. Aruti pleasure to meet you I’m here about the imperial staff." She wanted to get down to business.

"Yes Ms. Paaie. It's a pleasure to meet you after all the talking we’ve done”

Leilani nodded, “The buyer is quite anxious to obtain the artifact. I’m here to inspect its authenticity.”

Mr. Aruti nodded, “Of course. I suspect you have doubts of its age.

“Yes sir a weapon of this age with the associated history is quite value to someone interested in that period of time.” She studied everything she could about the period and the weapon before this meeting. She was ready to inspect it

“Of course” he said his voice was even no hint of sarcasm or concern. So far he exhibited none of the characteristics she had witnessed in someone lying.

“Is the artifact here?”

Mr. Aruti tilted his head, “Strange how fast you made friends after your arrival. The man accompanying you for instance.” He was watching her with his steel gray eyes.

Leilani felt a twist in her stomach, “I have all kinds of connections that I am sure you are unaware of, if we could please get down to business I have other matters to attend to.”

He just stood there watching her. She looked around but did not see it. Surely it was something that would have stood out. So he either had it hidden, or it wasn't here.

This was beginning to feel all wrong. It was quite possible he had been watching her since her arrival on Lithios. Why? To verify who she was, her history, and was she trustworthy.

“Mr. Aruti I’m not comfortable with this, present the artifact or our meeting is over.”

She should have given Arekk a time frame for her to come out. Otherwise...how would he know if there was trouble. Feth.

Arekk

"Dreams have a nasty habit of turning ugly when you are not looking."

The eerie silence of the waiting hall once Leilani entered the office was uneasing, his fingers flicking through the datapad's holoscreen as he checked out the hottest HoloNet news. Murders, gangs killing each other for a piece of territory on south Ethos City, police investigating some mysterious disappeareances, the usual thing. Most of the news weren't uplifting sort of speak and that made Ar'ekk a little more anxious so he set aside the datapad and focused on the shut door.

His optical scanner could not penetrate the thick concrete walls to see beyond Mr. Aruti's office which meant Leilani was on her own inside though if something bad would happen, he'd be able to sense it thanks to the Force. So far, everything seemed quiet and collected but he could detect some sort of anxiety emanating from Aruti himself like if he had some sort of hidden agenda.

"I'm endangering the mission, I shouldn't have come." The man uttered to himself, scratching his chin while heavily pondering. From the corner of his eye, two fully armed security guards walked up to the hall and stood there with eyes shooting daggers at Ar'ekk as if he had the plague. Something was truly wrong here.

Time couldn't pass anymore quicker, see Leilani with the artifact on her hands instead of having to fight their way out of here.

[member="Arekk"]

"Mr. Aruti " her impatience was beginning to show as she stared at the man before her. In one swift movement he pulled a blaster and set it on the desk. Leiliani's heart jumped as she started to pull her voice together he spoke.

"DL 44 blaster. Do you like it?"

Trying to keep her composure she stepped forward, "It's old they make a more reliable blaster today" She looked to see if it was on.

He smiled, "Maybe this one has some history that would interest you"

She looked up, "only proof of ownership or special unique qualities would make it valuable."

Hmm the only sound in the room.

He reached over and pressed a button. On the wall to her left a panel opened to reveal the imperial weapon. It was displayed in such a manner that it looked more like a shrine than art. Without thinking she moved towards it. "It's the right size. Color. " She looked to see if there were scratches. A few. "Can I see the model number?"

Lost in her task she didn't watch the man behind her. His voice behind her came in reverent whispers, "There are those that would return to that time. It would have worked if he hadn't gotten greedy." He was only a few steps behind where she stood.

"He was a tyrant and murdered thousands in the name of his empire." Leilani turned now facing him his face was contorting through emotions that she felt reaching out to her.

"Your opinion." He whispered.

It hit her hate. A dark overwhelming emotion.

"I think I'd like to leave now."

The blaster was in his hand. " What history no longer interest you? Or are you only interested in your version of history?"

"I'm leaving. I'll tell my buyer you changed your mind" Leilani headed towards the door. A shot slammed into the wall to her right.

"We aren't finished."

"Yes we are." It took everything she had not to turn around she reached for the door. Please please Arekk be right there a low growl of anger from behind her.

If he kills me it's been a great day and she hoped Arekk ended him where he stood. If he didn't it was time to start carrying weapons again.

Arekk

Both armed guards stood on their same position until their weapons were drawn out aimed at Ar'ekk, opening immediate fire as the man evaded their blaster shots with inhumane reactions. A hand-to-hand struggle began the slicer and the guards donning heavy armor and modified DLT-19 blasters, punches and leg kicks going back and forth between the two, his focus also making sure that Leilani was still alive inside the office.

The first guard was punched in the throat and subsequently had his skull crushed thanks to Ar'ekk's cybernetic arm that gave him an above average strength than your usual person while the remaining foe's throat was slit with a secret blade hidden inside the very same arm, upgrades thanks to Ethos City's best ripperdoc. He ran up the door in extreme hurry and tried to pry the door open, only to finding it locked behind multiple layers of security.

"Feth. I didn't even bring my tools." Eyes seized the door up and down as he rapidly came up with ideas, the concrete walls were not that thin and though he hated the idea due to past occurences, it was his best shot at rescuing Leilani from a certain death. "Here I go."

Taking two steps back and running at full speed toward the concrete wall that separated Aruti's office with the waiting hall, Ar'ekk penetrated it without too much effort (let alone any injury whatsoever) to make his way into the office and rescue the Zeltron girl from harm's way. As soon as Aruti saw the man "enter" the office in this very particular manner, the DL-44 blaster fired upon him and hit the man straight on his left shoulder blade that wasn't cybernetically enhanced.

"Argh!" He growled in pain, holding the side that was badly hurt yet not enough to put him down permanently. Say what you want about him but he really was a tough fething guy.

Despite getting shot at, that didn't stop Ar'ekk from grabbing Aruti by the throat with his robotic hand and pierce his soul right through his eyes, diverting that look at Leilani for a second in a "What do you want me to do" way.

Play the judge, decide the man's fate. They could take the imperial weapon and go or do that but leave nobody behind.

It would bite them back, however, not killing Aruti...

[member="Arekk"]

Everything was moving quickly one action leading into another. She waited for the kill shot mentally cursing her lack of fore thought.

She had not expected Arekk to come through the wall. Her head turned sharply. Holy feth. Aruti was still shooting the shot meant for her hit Arekk. Now she was mad, "what the feth!" Her shrill voice filling the air.

Seemed the pussy cat she was with earlier was left at the door and the tiger was in the room. Wow. She had no words. She felt grateful though. Extremely. By the goddess she needed to keep him around.

Moving back to Aruti. First thoughts were kill him. The emotional response. Not the think it through thought.

If Aruti was using the staff as bait he deserved to lose it. If he was going to shoot people for a difference of opinion he deserved a punishment.

She walked over to stand by Arekk that look what to do. He should die. She looked over to the staff.

She reached for the blaster looking at Arekk then to Aruti. She hated to do it. But too much blood had been spilled by it anyhow. She wouldn't add to it. She would deprive him.

Sge lifted the blaster and shot the staff. The shrine.

Aruti might come after them. Or just her. She was giving him his chance. If he didn't take it their next meeting would end much differently.

"Let's leave. He's not worth all this effort "

Aruti struggled unable to speak but his eyes told a story. How he looked at her. What she was taking from him.

It wasn't over.

Maybe he would change his mind.

Arekk

Aruti and his goons would never back down. That's not how things go on Lithios, someone had to put a swift end to this man's "reign" in th artifact business with his menacing actions and deceiving words when conducting businesss with other collectors like Leilani. He wouldn't let him do that anymore.

"If we let him escape, he'll come back after us. You. Me. I made that mistake once and I regretted it." A certain glean in his eyes showed Leilani deeper into the hurtful secret that Ar'ekk had kept away from her as she inquired about his own personal life, spilling some of the truth to Leilani as he continued to hold Aruti by the throat with his cybernetic hand. "I won't make the same error again, that's a promise I made and don't plan to break ever."

With that out of the way plus the Zeltron girl securing the artifact she had been looking for so long, Ar'ekk crushed Aruti's throat in a single motion and let the man's lifeless body drop on his leather seat while walking away like nothing. Taking someone else's life was like an ordinary thing for him though he didn't want to give off that vibe to his companion given that he was ready to give up the life in some manner to enjoy the little things like their vacations.

They couldn't come sooner.

"Grab your stuff, let's go home." His injured shoulder was bleeding but not profusely enough to guarantee his death though it'd definitely will need some patching up when they got home. "Before more arrive. There's not much I can do with one arm, good thing I've got bandages in the apartment."

The NX-249 Airspeeder awaited for them outside Mr. Aruti's office as they left behind a destroyed interior, some dead bodies and with their pockets full in a figurated way. The ECPD would put this under the rug and classify the investigation as a gang-related affair because that was always the way things went on Ethos City, so having to worry about any retaliation against them was useless. They were in the clear.

Once inside the vehicle and already pulling away from the area, Ar'ekk set the coordinates to his apartment's docking bay and let the speeder drive itself automatically given that his arm continued to hurt and bleed.

Five minutes into the journey and they arrived home finally, door opening immediately after a short person scanner by the apartment's security system. Nothing like being home...

Take me home
[member="Arekk"]
He was right and she knew it with every fiber of her being. '"I made that mistake once and I regretted it" That discussion they were going to have over coffee might happen a bit sooner then either wanted. It was written in his eyes all of it the pain of the regret running so deep it couldn't be missed at this moment in time. She nodded to the silent agreement of what must happen here.

The bones made little noise as Arekk ended Aruti's life. There wouldn't be anyone coming after them unless someone figured it out but that would take time. As Arekk had explained somethings on Lithios just melted away under the rain never to be found this could be one of those things. She moved over to the shrine destroyed by the blaster she reached up and pulled the staff from it's resting place. She looked at it and felt a twinge in her stomach. She couldn't wait to turn it over.

"Good things I know a little bit about bandages" The speeder must have a beck and call on it for they had walked to their location. Handy thing especially since they wanted away from here quickly.

They were back at Arekk's place in no time, he had called it home. it felt like home. She looked over leaving the staff standing up in a corner she headed off to find the first aide kit. She looked through the bath to find the box that everyone seemed to keep on hand.

She hadn't said much since they left, she hadn't been sure what to say. "Sit down, let's get you taken care of." She placed everything she though she would need on the counter. "Want some stimcaf?" She pulled off her jacket and tossed it towards the couch, "got to get your shirt off love so I can clean the wound" At the very least. Would he cooperate or would he balk?

Arekk

He'd cooperate, of course, so he sat down on the edge of his bed and waited for Leilani to get back with the first-aid kit that contained everything she would need to patch him up properly. The jacket and his shirt was lost as soon as he plopped down, leaving his upper torso undiscovered for her to appreciate and also to assess how bad the injury really was. It didn't look deadly, that's for sure, but the bleeding was profuse and the wound could get infected if not treated immediately.

"No, babe, I'm good. Just do your thing, I'll be a good boy." A painful chuckle found its way through this serious situation, always cracking jokes in the hardest of times. Guess that was that kept Ar'ekk alive so far. Who knows. "We'll have to ditch Lithios for a while, good opportunity to speed up our vacations at the beach. I've got my eyes on this secluded beachside porch, the price's really affordable too. Good enough for you and me to enjoy alone."

Lay low, get out of the hotspot known as Ethos City was the smartest thing to do until everything calmed itself down as it always did. Going somewhere else and avoid being on the spotlight was the smartest thing they could do in that instant, packing up and leaving first thing in the morning would certainly give them the advantage that they needed. Regardless, it was more important to focus on the present and make sure that his wound was treated right away.

"You have done this before, right?"

Watch the sunrise on a tropic isle
Just remember darling all the while
You belong to me
________​
[member="Arekk"]​
He was being good complacent even as he told her to do her thing. She nodded and smiled at him, 'Yes we need out of here for a bit, you ok with doing that? Cause...seems I've brought you more trouble than good right now." She had the saline bottle in her hand as she washed the wound carefully, dabbing away the blood. She'd have to get that in control and quick.

It wasn't her first blaster wound, and most likely it wasn't going to be the last. This was a hazard of the job she knew it in her mind but her emotional state wasn't happy about it at all. She worked to ensure the blood ran clean before she pulled out the kolto swabs.

"You and me on a beach...no salt water for a bit though. So we'll have to stick to..other things to do. Walks, dinner, hikes, whatever we can find. then we'll swim, dive, para sail, jet pack, whatever you want." She wanted to do it all the thought of all the exercise, new things were setting her heart to beat quicker. BUT it was the thoughts of just them alone that picked her spirits up, made her smile, and made her heart flutter with impatience.

"Yes..unfortunately I've done it before. So you're in good hands...unless...well my memory fails" She smiled again they needed to put it behind them. Don't dwell move forward. She would ask him about the regrets now...later. First the wound, second leave Lithios..third stimcaf and talk.

She dabbed the swabs around the edges of the wound. She picked up a dish put it under his arm, "Don't move" She then took the small green bottle and poured it into the wound. The kolto bubbled as it began to work on the wound. Leilani knew she'd have to get rid of the dead skin each day as it healed but right now the bleeding needed to stop.

She waited to the last little river ran down his arm to remove the dish, then she got the biggest bandage to put over it. "We'll need to change it again and watch for more bleeding but for now I think the kolto will take care of it. Healing around the wound, the blaster shot cauterizes a lot of the blood vessels on impact." She stood there before him.

NO shirt. Wounded. Still in his eyes something lingered. She tilted her head, then leaned forward to kiss his forehead. "Thank you for saving my life. I mean you came right through the wall...wow." He had literally..

Arekk

"You and me. That's all we need."

"Of course I am, it's all I want right now too. Just you and me at the beach, spending our time together alone." Little whimps of pain escaped every now and then as Leilani cleaned up his wound, rubbing the saline solution on the place where he got shot. A short smile surfaced on his face, acknowleding the fact he was on board with her idea. "Sounds like my perfect type of vacation if you ask me. So many things to do that I just cannot wait to get actually there, I'll make sure to purchase that island porch right away after we are done with this."

Ar'ekk closed his eyes almost instantly like some sort of reflex as Leilani planted her soft lips against his forehead, letting out a relieving sigh as if a ton of pressure was just lifted off his shoulders. The imaginary thoughts of a dream-like home by the beach while the ocean calmly reached the shore to their island porch just gave him the chills, anticipating the moment with extreme excitement. Another warm smile found its way for the Zeltron girl, his hands reaching out to stroke hers in a loving and appreciative manner.

"No need to thank me, I would've done this with my eyes closed if I had to. And yeah, pretty impressive right?"

He laughed like there was no tomorrow, spirit lifted up already after getting bandaged. Next move was to purchase the property, pack up their belongings and leave whenever they felt ready, probably not right there and then given that it was already midnight and the rain outside became uglier by the minute. Not smart just yet.

Patience was key.

You and me against the world
[member="Arekk"]​
"It was impressive, very...its' like kark me he came through the wall..." She laughed taking note of the little whimpers of pain as she dabbed here and there. She tried to be gentler but with something like this it just wasn't going to happen. She looked into his eyes, "there are only a few times I want your eyes to close...when you sleep, when ecstasy overtakes you, and when you crash through walls." She winked at him then.

He had a gentle soul it came out more and more which pleased her greatly. The sound of laughter filled the apartment she couldn't help but laugh with him they were planning to drop off the grid for a bit. No one would find them they would just have each other.

"I'll keep you busy dear. I can't wait to put my toes in the sand and maybe...we should catch dinner..." She smiled big, "spear fishing...that's a plan and so many things we will do." She was excited her mind raced with ideas of things they could do of what they would do.

She let go of her apprehension just as he reached out and stroked her hands all the nerves bounced around inside. She raised an eyebrow as a chill raced down her spine. By the goddess that felt good.

She would need to do some talking to the staff at the store, and she needed to send...her ship back to Zeltros. "I need to send my ship back to Zeltros to make it look like I left someone can track it. I have a plan for making that happen..a diversion. As for clothes.." She looked down at her clothes, "While it's my favorite outfit we'll have to stop along the way so I can buy a few things." That then left open the question, "How will we travel?"

She would also take that time to send the artifact to Conyer. He should be quite pleased by it all. The commission would then be deposited to her account.

"Once the ship departs, I'll be ready."

Arekk

"You and me. That's all we need."

"Fun fact. I didn't even shut my eyes when I went through that concrete wall, though I'm starting to feel it on my shoulder."

Her laugh was met with an even louder and contagious one, a roar of good spirit flooded the apartment as they began to feel a little less nervous and much more hopeful of what the present and the future had in store for them. A rather long vacation planned, the staff already in their possession and only worrying about small details left to take care of before eventually departing, a day or two would give them the upper hand.

Ar'ekk closed his eyes almost instantly like some sort of reflex as Leilani planted her soft lips against his forehead, letting out a relieving sigh as if a ton of pressure was just lifted off his shoulders. The imaginary thoughts of a dream-like home by the beach while the ocean calmly reached the shore to their island porch just gave him the chills, anticipating the moment with extreme excitement. Another warm smile found its way for the Zeltron girl, his hands reaching out to stroke hers in a loving and appreciative manner.

"Don't worry about our means of travel. I've got a ship nearby that has seen so much action that we'll always be safe. It's our ticket out of here, even if it's temporarily."

The preoccupation for the artifact was positively met by him, acknowleding her plans with a firm nod. Standing up after being bandaged, Ar'ekk walked over to the fridge as he knocked his boots and socks off, grabbing two cold light soda bottles from within and uncapping them immediately. Padding through the ceramic floor barefoot, he handed one bottle to Leilani.

His computer booted up almost instantly, brining up on the big screen the Holonet and surfing through the properties advertisement until he stumbled upon the beach house they have been wanting to purchase. One click away and it was theirs.

"Don't worry about clothes. You can order some right away and they will have it here in ten minutes, even if it's midnight. Take my seat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom