Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bastatha Affair

"The one person who said that they are not wrong. Zeltrons can almost visualize romance, emotions feel it run through our veins and reflect all the good emotions back on others make them feel good, but we also like a good fight, a good race something that inspires the blood to run and the adrenaline pump it's euphoric. Surely there is something among your own people that promote these same emotions." She smiled at him she spoke a truth no need to lie or color it something it wasn't.

Zeltrons also could feel the emotions of others it was what made them so good at entertainment the ability to know whether someone was happy or not. They all inherently stayed away from emotions that ran darker. She wasn't sure still that she fit into this mold. She smiled easy enough. She let emotions touch her maybe she did and just didn't realize it. Eh she wouldn't dwell on it.

"My question is how did you get your scar?" She loved good stories and she imagined that there was a good one behind his scar.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
LITHIOS
Xar'Kel Resort, Ethos City

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Leilani Paaie"]

She made a very good point about Zeltrons. Whatever he said, he heard it from someone else and definitely did not mean any harm whatsoever regarding her kind. Ar'ekk wasn't one to be against a certain species or the way someone looked, it didn't matter to him.

About her question? If she was expecting a fun story behind the scar that was prominent on the right side of his face, she'd be disappointed. Sure, he would tell her the whole ordeal but it wasn't like she imagined it to be. No bar fight, no job gone wrong. Just something else much bigger.

"A souvenir from the war. I fought in Malachor V, a thermal detonator exploded right next to me. You can assume the rest, I suppose."

Leilani was lucky that he decided to use synthflesh to conceal the awful scarring that such occurance had left permanently on him. A half burned face was behind the magic of this "make-up" thing, only the vertical scar remained after applying such. It was magical, it helped him to stop remembering.

What he said made her pause and just look at him. She felt sympathy for certain she nodded though to his answer. The answer told her something about him. A man who had gone to war for someone or a cause, lived through it so he had survival instincts and warrior skills, and bore a reminder of what war could do.

She wished she had a table to lean upon just then so she drew her knees up rested her arms upon the top then put her chin to her hands. "War it leaves a mark sometimes you can see it and sometimes it is well hidden. I am sad that you were injured I'm not a fan of war." For a moment her gaze drifted away from him down to the still waters around them. "War tends to take more than it gives" she whispered her parents both taken by war.

She could not compare her hurt to his injury both were personal but she would try to commiserate with him instead.

"I can assume a lot." she flicked a bit of water his way to remove the seriousness of the conversation to something else.

She smiled that was the zeltron in her acting up make him smile if she could.

"I imagine your profession takes you to many places. What made you become..." she thought for words, "ahh electronically gifted?" She wondered was it necessity, or did he fall into it. Certainly no one grows up going I'm going to be slicer.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

He didn't seek a single bit of empathy about his story given that it was a closed chapter already. It took some time to wrap up, put in a box and throw away to never ever be discussed again unless asked about it in a genuine manner. Leilani had the best intentions, of course, and he obligued in the friendliest of way to tell his story.

"Wars do leave their mark. How you learn to live with them is the key question to everything."

Ar'ekk placed his champagne glass next to the Zeltron girl to scoot closer and turn around, revealing the scars that covered the entirety of his back. Gun shot wounds and those of shrapnel from an exploding thermal detonator, not too ugly given that synthflesh had done its job but still... The marks would stay with him forever.

He smiled at her question regarding his current line of work. Being gifted in computers and everything related to slicing was more than a job, it was art. One could control so much with the pressing of a few buttons but it took time and willingness to learn every intricate of what he did.

"I grew up in Coruscant's underworld and worked in an electronics shop where clients brought a bunch of old computer terminals. I learned to repair them, get them functioning again and made several tests. Took it on myself to learn for years and here I am."

She considered his words normally she was not so philosophical about such things but was it the key to everything? Perhaps she pondered it is like all things live a life, actually LIVE life not just have life and taking whatever happens and using it not allowing it to defeat you. She smiled yes this she understood.

"Live life no matter what" as she spoke [member="Arekk"] began to move as he moved closer and then turned around she could the patterns of scars upon his back.

He was not merely reciting words to her as some do to appear enlightened he spoke from experience. She reached out placing the pads of her fingers upon his skin the dips and ripples of flesh that had been ravaged by different weapons.

Her forefinger lightly traced the circles, a gunshot had entered his body leaving behind this scar. Slowly her fingertips drifted over to a pattern that she didn't recognize. "I don't recognize this scarring it's as if a thousand tiny knives had shredded your skin" then she realized, "ohhh some type of explosive device"

She could not help herself as her fingers played across his skin she was after all a sensual creature. He answered her question about his beginnings, "Coruscant a planet where such talents would be highly demanded." Her fingers were gliding along his spine unsure of what she felt a mix of pity and admiration.

He was a survivor.

"Such terrible violence and yet it does not define you or how you live life." Her voice was soft conversations such as this were not always meant for everyone though it was likely everyone here had seen him before. Perhaps even knew his story.

She felt she needed to give something in return but what? She had no scars that she had earned in combat, she had some Nubian black pearls from a lover, rainbow gems from someone who wanted to impress her but these were all things. Things were just well things.

"I have nothing to offer that is equal to what you shared with me in revealing these scars. I cannot imagine how you endured the pain associated with such damage." Her fingers stopped at the water's edge, "I was raised for one purpose." She smiled, "To not be the typical zeltron." She committed the patterns of his scars to her memory.

She sat quietly, "I don't like neon, I prefer black. I am driven by my own ambitions while dealing with preconceived ideas." She left off the part about feeling like an alien on Zeltros. That how Phee with all her stories made her feel for lack of a better term like an oddball. Somethings were too personal.

But listening to Arekk she could see some hope to help alleviate some of her own anxiety. After all she was sitting in a hot tub, drinking champagne, preparing to obtain something that would provide information for one of her goals, with a man who so far was talkative enough and interesting enough to not make her yawn. While at home they lingered over drinks, spice, fights everything that comfort could buy but were they living? Or just alive?

Arekk

LITHIOS

A shiver would run down his spine as she trailed her finger along his scarred back, tracing the healed up gunshot wounds. Ar'ekk agreed with her opinion to simply live life no matter the hardship or how awful your path had gotten. Living was tough in that instant but he was strong and willingful to get out the slump he found himself into.

"Live life no matter what."

Ar'ekk placed his champagne glass next to the Zeltron girl to scoot closer and turn around, revealing the scars that covered the entirety of his back. Gun shot wounds and those of shrapnel from an exploding thermal detonator, not too ugly given that synthflesh had done its job but still... The marks would stay with him forever.

Telling her story was good enough for him, not expecting anything exchange to even things out in one way or the other. Just opening each other and building up the trust to tell personal and meaningful details of their lives was more than enough in that instant. He enjoyed the soft touch of her fingertips against his back, like an artist surveying their canvas with a brush.

"You're alright, don't give it another thought."

A smile surfaced on his face before he submerged torso deep into the water as he wiggled his toes, tilting his head backwards and relaxing. They were sharing champagne, a hot tub and intimate details. Might as well take advantage of that, right?

She couldn't help but to take pleasure in watching him as he wiggled his toes he seemed most at home in the water. She tilted her head from what she could see he possessed an excellent form. A form that on Zeltros would be covered in oil and pampered till he told them stop. For a moment she caught her breath, she had to stop that train of thought her zeltron was peeking out again.

This was business right now and she needed to be the not your average zeltron rather than the typical one that the tourists came to Zeltros to be around. She needed to be the business woman.

"So when you are not working what do you like to do, if it's not considered too much of a personal question. You seem quite at home in water." Some polite conversation to build those lines of trust were easy for her.

She leaned back on the wall stretching her legs out and wiggling her own polished and well-manicured toes, "refill?" she reached and poured another glass for herself. She could handle a lot of alcohol so the taste when so pleasant was easily repeatable. She could out drink him.

She knew one thing she would need to leave soon or she might forget about her purpose and be a typical zeltron. She did have a few other meetings to attend. One regarding an imperial staff weapon quite old.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

In a city like this, with the opportunity to afford evenings like the one right now, you couldn't really say no to a day of pure leisure. Sure, Ar'ekk was really pushing the limit with combining pleasure and business and that made it really difficult to focus.

Details were agreed to and most things were out of the way already, the mission wouldn't be ready until a few days passed.

"It's a nice way of putting things, considering I live under water most of the time. I'm a simple man, to be honest, so I like to spend my time either at home or just enjoying the little pleasures of Lithios. Nothing eccentric."

Truth be told, he was more than aware that Leilani was a Zeltron and that their kind found it irresistible to hold off any of the most devious thoughts that surf their mind. Ar'ekk played with that, at times without intention, and he seemed to enjoy it a little.

It didn't hurt nobody if nothing happened, right?

"Please."

"Yes how do you tolerate all this rain, doesn't it seep into your thoughts and being? I mean if I lived somewhere where the forecast was drizzle, downpour, or deluge with little to no chance of sun I'd likely be stir crazy or have a room full of sun lamps." She would she knew it she didn't mind the dark for some things it served a purpose but light and sun were needed for her.

She filled his glass and handed it back to him, "If we aren't careful we will need another bottle, or to take this conversation some place else." Had she just said that? She had. She had time...or she knew how to make up for a broken engagement. She filled her glass and lifted it, "here's to the simple life"

She tipped her glass slightly towards his and then took a sip, "I don't know that I am simple. I enjoy room service, but I also like food from the diner. You know" She leaned forward some, "the kind of place that makes tubers with cheese, with a side of bantha brown gravy, and every time you come in they got pie...a really good piece of pie." Her eyes sparkled at the thought, "I'm a sucker for pie. ever have any?"

She imagined he did but again she didn't want to assume.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"I have been here for a year already. It's difficult to adapt at first but then you just get used to it as the days go by, specially when you spend most of your time outside like me. It helps me focus hearing the rain drops hitting the roof my airspeeder when I'm parked somewhere. Soothing."

He reached for his glass and thanked Leilani with a brief nod and a warm smile, one of many exchanged during their meeting. His eyes gleamed like a full moon on a cloudless sky, somewhat awestruck by the Zeltron woman. Of course, her kind were considered one if not the most beautiful species in the galaxy and a human like him couldn't help but fall for her enchantment.

"I don't have another bottle here but there's a few back at my place, if that's what you crave."

Yeah. They both said that and meant it one way or the other, it was great to have fun with such expressions. Lifting his glass and toasting with Leilani, Ar'ekk proceeded to sip before toasting.

"To the simple life."

Spreading his arms wide and tilting his head backwards to look at the ceiling, he proceeded to comment on the woman's personal interests.

"Room service? It's a great luxury. Diners are something else, specially when they serve you these massive hamburgers with cheese and steak that will clog your arteries as soon as you take a bite. It makes my mouth drool to even think about it! Also... no, not really. Not that I remember."

Rain on a rooftop she had to think about that when was the last time she had been quiet enough to listen to rain? Even now here she was absorbed by thoughts and actions and took no time to listen. She looked up at the ceiling again.

She would entertain these thoughts for a few moments, "OHhh bantha burger medium done covered in cheese with those ummm onions....SO good!" Her voice rose an octave as she talked about the burger. She smiled broadly the reminder of just how good it was, "the meat so juice it runs down your arm as you try to eat it. Its....heaven...actually to have something so good tantalize your taste buds and make you drool at the thought." Maybe she was hungry? She had eaten so maybe it was just the talk of food that was waking her stomachs up.

"Pie...different varieties of fruit. Pie warm from the over with cold ice cream its this great contrast. But the pie has to be fresh otherwise its just...not the same" It wasn't the same it was dull, and lack luster. Thats why when you found good pie you ate dessert before dinner, or lunch. Yes all this talk..

"You might think me a bit naive, but..can you hear the rain on the roof at your place? I've never really stopped to listen.Plus another bottle would be welcome." They could finish this one first. She was beginning to realize something that perhaps just maybe there were something she needed to take time to do.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"All this food talk made me hungry, not gonna lie. Specially when you mention my favorite thing to eat and add some delicious things into the mix, you're evil. "

A laugh escaped from him rather fast, stomach grumbling as he did so. His fingertips and toes were already wrinkled due to the prolongued time spent on the water and he already felt good enough to leave the resort with Leilani. Destination? Unknown.

"You can but that's not the best part, you can see Ethos City's skyline from my apartment. It's great."

The first bottle of champagne was already empty and so were their glasses, having drank everything in under ten to fifteen minutes without realizing. That's one way to do it, considering you were already relaxed in the process and had lost track of time after the third glass traveling down your throat.

"Shall we go?"

"Evil? I'm wounded" she put her hand over her heart then the back of her other hand to her head and made little noises, 'oh oh" she frowned all while looking down at the water. Unable to hold that look for very long she broke into a broad smile and looked up, "Well I'm over it. But I can't say that I won't find other ways to be evil." Who knew.

"My stomach is awake as well, should we go find some burgers on the way do a drive by and pick them up?" She winked at him delighted that she could make him laugh. They both looked a bit like prunes a testament to how much time they had spent in the water. She was warm but no where near intoxicated her metabolism could be credited with that.

She finished the remains in her glass, "Yes I'm ready to go." She turned to slide up onto the edge of the hot tub when she could afford it she would like to have one. Great for conversation and relaxation.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Just teasing you, sweetheart."

Everyone was in great spirit that evening, specially after a well deserved relaxed hour and a half in a hot tub by sharing champagne. Soon enough they'd find themselves in the cold streets of Ethos City with the rain pouring over their heads strongly and finding themselves walking among the sea of people that went about their lives without looking back.

"We can hit a couple of food stalls nearby, luckily for us the market's more active during the night than the day."

Wet noodles, hamburgers, pies, cakes, you name it. Any type of food or beverage was available at any time you wanted and whenever you wanted it by simply walking up to the thousand of food stalls spread throughout Lithios. Food from all sides of the galaxy, a menu so big to pick out from you'd spend an entire life trying to pick a single option.

Heading for the dressers and putting his clothes back on, including his iconic black leather jacket, Ar'ekk waited for Leilani at the front desk where the exit was located.

"As am I..it my attempt at sarcasm. I guess I didn't pull it off huh" A little disappointed but determined that she would at some point pull that type of levity off. Leilani could feel the texture of the mosaic tiles on the floor as they moved. A simple sensation really but yet it seem to tickle her feet. She just couldn't help but to keep smiling. It was so easy right now to do everything was going so well.

For a moment she thought about people who might be outside in the City that didn't like off-worlders, or non humans not that she was afraid of them. Just that she had a hard time handling those kind of emotions and she yet could truly understand what made others feel that way. It was her experience that people hated what they feared so could they fear what they didn't understand? She wished she could explain it to them. That wasn't her task tonight.

"Food stalls sound great, variety...spice of life. I'll meet you out front in a few minutes...or more like ten. Ya know how girls are about their hair and things" She smiled and headed off to find her clothing. She did warn him about her love of the color black so when she stepped out more like 20 minutes later he should not be too surprised by her outfit. with a jacket that went to the waist. Her hair was brushed out the wrinkles had started to face.

"Ok lead on.." She was ready to eat. At that very moment her stomach rumbled.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"You actually nailed it!"

Lithios was a strange and unique city for first time visitors. But when you spend a considerate amount of time here? You tend to understand their points about being against off-worlders, most of them brought more problems than solutions. That was a tremendous blow to any sort of proposition to accept alien spieces inside the city or anywhere close to other people because they were seen as plagues that brought crime and despair instead of being positive additions to society.

Leilani looked like a human in people's eyes despite her different skin colour, so it didn't matter much at the end. Random comments from mentally-ill people would probably catch the girl's eyes but as anyone with a mature mindset, you wouldn't give it too much attention at all.

"Go ahead, take your time."

Ar'ekk walked outside to find himself among the rain as it fell on his clothing, making him instantly wish to head back inside and enjoy the hot tubs a little longer. A cigarette found his way to his mouth, exhaling smoke out of his nostrils as he ignited the end of it with a lighter. He wasn't an avid smoker by any means but it provided him warmth and calmed his nerves in days like these. Anyone could be nervous after meeting a gorgeous Zeltron girl in minor clothing, enjoying a friendly chatter with champagne and eventually asking her to come to your place later.

She wasn't kidding when she said black was her favorite color. It was a beautiful outfit and Ar'ekk made sure to compliment it as much as he could within the limits of acceptable.

"You look stunning."

[member="Arekk"]

The compliment was unexpected she smiled and smoothed her clothing, "thank you, its one of my favorites" It was it covered everything but it fit comfortable showing her long legs and shape. She liked looking good and his compliment confirmed she did.

"You're familiar with this place so lead the way." It was still dreary out here the water fell softly it didn't however wash away anything that was out there. The dampness hung over the city like the wet blanket it was. She could feel some of the emotions of others standing there. They were..accepting..and not of her but it seemed they accepted who they were, what they were, and maybe their circumstances. It seemed they needed something.

Chills ran down her spine moving on down her legs till the sensation stopped just above her ankles. She didn't know what it was or why.

"Where do we stop first?" She wanted to shake that sensation and couldn't but she couldn't say what it was either.

She looked over to Arekk his emotions felt hidden...or was it nerves? How to make him relax...should she make him relax? Any of the funny lines she had didn't seem appropriate...you know things like I don't bite unless you ask.....or...well that one was definitely not appropriate. So she'd stick with finding food.

Arekk

LITHIOS

"You are welcome."

Being washed over by the rain had become a common sensation to go through for Ar'ekk, specially when you've spent more than a year living in a place like this. He'd never change what Lithios had to offer for anything else in this galaxy, no matter how vast and big it could be. People continued to stare them but kept up their pace, chin upwards but still judgy as ever.

He sensed Leilani's nervousness as they were shot daggers and inquired further on the matter, trying to ease her up with a simple change of topic for their conversation.

"We can stop at Jovim's, we can grab some takeaway and eat them home. It looks like the storm will get worse tonight and staying outside is as good as begging to get shot."

Despite the relaxed stay at the hot tub mixed with the champagne, Ar'ekk felt extremely sore in his upper body. Something was troubling him too, gnawings his thoughts and making him think of different things that were really uninteresting. Anything the Zeltron girl could say would turn the tide on his current emotional state.

"Come on, we're not far."

"I can appreciate the" she looked around, "prospect of eating in" she smiled even though the emotions coming at her were varied. She assumed [member="Arekk"] could handle himself and any blow back that would come from her presence.

His own demeanor seemed to have altered slightly so...what could she say to lighten his mood, a forbidden remark that shouldn't be said between two people having just met and spent over an hour floating in hot water drinking champagne. She wanted to make him smile or laugh again. Leilani stepped closer to Arekk and began to whisper.

"Some of them are staring. I think I know a way to help them relax some.." She smiled again, always smile when you're not sure it makes people wonder what you are up to. So she did...but now also out here as in the spa the pheromones rolled of Leilani. Some of them wouldn't be able to help themselves they...have to play nice.

Faces would soften only as they passed she looked back and yes the hard stares had dropped away.

She then put her hand on Arekk's sleeve and decided to go with the over the line comment that she felt he would appreciate, "You seem concerned about something. If you are concerned that I might bite you...I can promise I won't...unless you ask" She tilted her head and waited to see if he would smile she hoped he would..not that she wanted to over whelm him with pheromones but she did like his mood when he laughed. She noticed then that his body was moving stiffly, "are you hurt?"

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Bite me, huh? You're very straightforward. I like that."

His mood changed drastically, going from the rather disturbed man to the one that had been laughing and oozed confidence back at the resort. That's all he needed, a small motivation to keep going and give him some serenity as they walked under a heavy storm.

The streets were littered with empty bottles and papers that flew away thanks to the wind, stalls offering all sorts of beverages and food for them to pick from. Ar'ekk and Leilani would've stopped by Jovim's Shop, where the best Bantha grill steak mixed with wet noodles were sold in Ethos City.

"Two boxes to go, Jovim. Please."

Thanks to the Zeltron girl's somewhat trick she had managed to deviate the judging glares and comments away from them and now they were able to walk through the narrow streets without having to worry. His apartment was just around the corner so it wouldn't take much to get there.

Paying the shopkeeper behind the stall and grabbing both plastic bags from the counter, Ar'ekk led Leilani to the entrance of his apartment complex and the turbolift that'd take them directly to his door.

"Alright, home sweet home. Make yourself comfortable and don't mind the mess."

Before entering completely, Ar'ekk kicked off his wet boots and left them by the entrance with his coat (and Leilani's) hanging behind the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom