Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bastatha Affair

It wasn't difficult to get someone to come to Zeltros it was after all a vacation destination that offered everything one could imagine. A competitive environment full of people who wanted nothing more than to make a visitor happy, all they could eat and drink until contentment. That is if one was looking for relaxation.

Leilani had recently come across some information on Obroa-Skai library after receiving a visit from a stranger in the antiques store. He had been kind enough to leave a card she had been curious enough to check into this book, this paper book that held a ledger. While the book was very interesting she did not get to touch it, lift the pages, or anything with it except admire it behind the glass.

It was the reference material that took her to the name Rinnrivin Di and the history of his crime cartel on Bastatha. She knew there was more information and likely it was on Bastatha. But she needed something, a skill she did not possess, she needed someone who could slice through security systems, and layers of technology.

First she wanted the book from Obrao Skai and second the records. All of them what she hoped it would lead to was the funds were left behind, even though a number of the funds had been taken, she knew like any good criminal, agent whatever...there's always second and third accounts. She wanted them.

She listed for a slicer on the dark web and gave a password , "Do you carry anything about Amaxine Warriors?" She would reply, "I have something from Sibensko"

Now she'd wait and see what the price was and who if anyone messaged back.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
THE DARK NET
Encrypted Computer Terminal

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Leilani Paaie"]

Employment offers were abundant on the DarkNet. Slicers, contract killers, etcetera. You'd never fail to find someone at least reliable if you knew where to search and who to contact. Of course, there were those that preferred easy and fast cash so they'd rip you off as soon as the mark made a transfer to an off-shore account of their choice leaving you creditless.

Ar'ekk was a serious professional and his reputation preceded him.

Under the pseudonym of ICEBRK, he'd surf the DarkNet boards and check private messages for any future employment opportunity until a notification popped up. Whoever this person was, he or she had a clever way of saying things without being that explicit.

He replied from an encrypted terminal, seemingly interested.

Querying server. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Connection established with ENCRYPTED. Type your message_

> Only Aurei. Fifty now, fifty on delivery. Serious offer, no funny games. Interested?

[member="Arekk"]

A few offers came in quickly as if they were vultures circling the web waiting for the offers to roll in. She wasn't sure about them their responses seemed inexperienced. There were a number of people looking for a quick buck overselling themselves and giving away their inexperience.

Finally though an offer came, it was direct, and to the point. Thank goodness.

Experience floated off the response.

A touch of mystery, good no dead give a ways.

She nodded, first come first serve.

//Offer accepted, provide details.//

She'd give the good faith payment it was worth it if what she thought was in the records existed. The slicer would send information where the first part of the payment could be sent. She also needed to send a few more messages to let him know what exactly she wanted.

Now to plan a small trip.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

THE DARK NET

"A quick response, great."

He said rather loud, talking to himself as he typed the next message for the person on the other side. Terms were agreed and now the hardest part would come: Getting paid without leaving a trail that could get sniffed by law enforcement.

That meant transfering all cash to multiple dummy accounts that offered instant cashout without having to do anything else but sign-up with a fake name and other mundane details.

. . .
. . .
. . .

> Make a transfer to the following accounts: KR9837, ZX2945, RP2987. Divide the pay in low quantities to avoid being flagged by the system. We'll have to meet face to face to discuss details.

Ar'ekk was, of course, on Lithios. They could either meet up there or somewhere she wanted, preferably on the planet he resided within as it was more of a neutral ground to meet up. Both would be safe there, considering it was a territory he knew by the palm of his hand.

[member="Arekk"]

Ah yes, she looked at the screen. She knew very well nothing over increments of 5000 otherwise the banks would be alerted and wonder where all the cash was coming from. She began setting up the transfers, it was risk she knew it it always was. You don't know the person on the otherwise but she knew that they needed reputation one way to get it do the job and don't be a thief on the fees.

She nodded, and then set the timer as well.

//Transactions set as requested.//

She leaned forward and tapped the screen it was an odd ritual she had since everything was so...technical any more so little done in person. Just as she thought about that the rest of the message came into view.

Meeting place.

//I travel a lot, name the destination//

It gave her opportunity to bring along protection and to travel for her antique business. Depending on where he wanted to meet she might find something of value to sell to someone. There was a big market for first order uniforms, sith memorabilia and ancient imperial items. Why folks had a fascination for the time she wasn't sure but she'd sell them a bottle of Palpatine hair tonic if they wanted it for a good price.

Arekk

THE DARK NET

A small beep on his datapad alerted him three times of the multiple credit transfers made by the client being successfully approved by the system, quick check of a balance would only reaffirm what he was seeing. Good, that was out of the way.

Next up? Setting up the meeting on a ground that he knew and was utterly safe for them to speak freely. Somewhere where it was impossible to be traced, overheard and where you'd least expect a reunion of this kind to take place.

. . .
. . .
. . .

> I'm sending you the coordinates now. Do not share these details with anyone. Once you're there, head to the Xar'kel Resort (South of Ethos City Downtown) and meet me at the spa, by the hot tubs. Look for someone with a scar on their right eye. Look casual.
. . .
. . .
. . .

Connection lost.

That was better than meeting on the street where common criminals or corrupt law enforcement officials could eavesdrop on their chat and make the entire mission enter a dangerous game. You don't want Lithios as a whole to get involved in your business, that's for sure, organized crime operated differently here.

A spa, how nice.. look casual. She tilted her head that was a bit difficult for the Zeltron she was of an average height of course and her hair could pass for human but now as for casual. She was pink she sometimes stood out in a crowd and in a spa.

She scratched her head a bit laughing to herself should be interesting. Ok...

//hot tubs. casual. got it.// end transmission

She rose up stretching her arms in catlike fashion rolling her shoulders, "time to pack" She would pack light buy if she needed cause she was still thinking about casual. She could pull casual off.

She walked into the outer room of her shop, "I'm taking a trip you can't come you get to watch the shop" The two zeltrons turned looking at their employer they were sweet Leilani liked them but in truth they were only good for parties and eye candy to distract people. She needed someone who could keep their eyes on the mission. In this case herself.

They pair didn't blink really they nodded and smiled she had a feeling they were on spice right now she could feel the pheromones taste them upon her tongue, "why don't you too go have a party" they nodded like bobbles and headed out the door. Good thing there wasn't much happening, maybe she should just close the store.

Yeah, better idea.

In an hour she changed and packed summoning the hammer head shaped ship named the LL Dream she knew that sooner or later she would have to make the final payment on it. She wanted to make sure the future would be bright. She headed to relax at the Xar'Kel resort. Might as well have some fun while conducting business.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS
Xar'Kel Resort, Ethos City

Two days later.

Truth be told, this meeting did not make him nervous at all. Whoever was on the other end seemed vastly different to the people he usually dealt with when sealing business deals on the DarkNet. The way they typed and responded made him think of multiple scenarios, most of them being ones were he always saw a positive end to things. A tingling in his head told him to trust whatever's to come, that everything was alright.

Grabbing his leather jacket, Ar'ekk stepped out of his apartment and got into his NX-249 Airspeeder so he could drive to the resort. The meeting would take place in less than thirty minutes and as smart as anyone would be, he'd get there first. Welcomed by a lady at the desk and leaving fake credentials to gain access to the hot tubs, massive tempered pool and the locker rooms where he'd change into nothing but a towel wrapped around his lower torso.

Dipping his bare feet into one of the tubs and with two glasses of fine booze on a tray next to it, Ar'ekk waited for the client to get there. His scar was visible on the right side of his face, going vertically from his eye. There wasn't any damage to his actual sight or eyeball, so Leilani wouldn't get scared or anything. It was just a scar.

The waiting seemed eternal.

Hours after her arrival -

It was quite a lovely resort she registered under her own name made a few appointments locally and prepared for her first meeting of the day. The most important one the others were window dressing meant to detour anyone's attention should they look.

The Spa was beautifully designed rich colors, shiny metals all to invoke thoughts of warmth and comfort. It was meant to keep patrons inside spending credits. The attendants offered her a white fluffy robe and a towel.

An appreciative smile from the young woman handing her the robe of her suit confirmed to Leilana that she had chosen wisely. The suit clung to her like a second skin with a deep plunging neckline to the naval. It flattered her small waist and curvy hips add in the extra fact of her being a zeltron, with medium pink skin, toned muscle structure and dark black blue shoulder length hair. She fit into the crowds easily.

She nodded to the attendant then started the slow walk back towards the hot tubs as she casually began looking for someone with a scar not a scary scar just a simple scar. Almost all the way back sitting alone sat such a person. Leilana pushed aside the flowing white curtains meant to be an illusion of privacy.
She stepped to the side of the hot tub, "Mind if I join you?" She didn't really wait for the yes zeltrons had an ability that made just about everyone like them. She was counting on that being her way in. She stepped out of the robe laid it carefully aside with the towel.

The water was a welcome, it was hot with pools of swirling eddies to ease the muscles a welcome change. With little effort she slid in water it rose swiftly up to her waist. She leaned back resting her arms on the edge with a warm smile her dark eyes settled upon [member="Arekk"] she took a deep breath, "Morning I'm Leilana an antique collector are you interested in antiques sir?"

Arekk

LITHIOS

The champagne had a sweet and delicate taste as expected from a renowned place such as this resort, only those with money and status were able to afford the commodities it offered such as hot tubs, massages, saunas and the like. Water touched his soft skin as it reached the middle part of his torso, his back covered in battle scars.

Ar'ekk was a walking museum, sort of speak, and for Leilani to find him wouldn't be so difficult.

A pink skinned woman joined him in the hot tub, dipping all the way down with him while his eyes appreciated what they were seeing. A beautiful figure for a Zeltron but he knew her kind were undeniably handsome and Leilani wasn't the exception to that.

He wondered if she had suffered any ill-charged comments from the Lithios citizens considering they weren't fond of aliens and/or individuals who didn't look like humans or near humans.

"Ar'ekk. Maybe I am, for the right Auri."

Lithios - Ethos City
Endless Rain

tumblr_nqfdwtHnCZ1uum06fo1_500.gif
She tilted her head again he wasn't what she expected but then what had she expected. He set up a meeting on a planet that prized itself on what it could produce artificially technology, it offered the minerals of its world to those who would buy them. It needed other things that were short in supply perhaps even unsustainable like food yes Lithios had a need and so did its inhabitants. The man across from her if he was from here it would help her try to understand him.

Outside the endless rain would take away the cheer of anyone but this spa was not about cheer it was about connection. Not just the type she was making she had a sneaking suspicion that this place drew in many of the elite from across the galaxy, and of Lithios deals were in continual motion. A deal could be made at anytime for a price, even the kids outside made deals. Trade you this can of peaches for a can of apples she had heard them talking. Lithios could offer just the right kind of diversion that was needed.

Her mind had wandered too far. Leilani came back to look at @Arekk

The comments that might have greeted her at one time were silenced by a payment. She did not share the small mindedness of those that did not hesitate to spat out words against her or others that were unwelcome here. Lithios though like anywhere else silence could be bought.

"I think it is safe to say that you and I are here for the same purpose - would you agree?" Face to face they could read each other tell where the lie was if it existed. What she wanted would seem trivial perhaps even misguided but it was her money to spend and she strongly felt that the rewards would be worth it.

She pointed to the other glass of champagne, "mind if I have that?" It wouldn't have much affect on her but she would certainly enjoy the taste of it.

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Of course. Let's talk about what we came here for."

Finally face-to-face, indeed. He preferred it this way rather than sharing something on the Darknet because you'd never know who was watching or in this case... reading. A one on one basis would function perfectly not only for their safety but to ensure the mission's success. She had paid good money for his skills and endangering himself or the target in mind would not only be reckless but stupid.

"Sure thing."

Pouring fine champagne on Leilani's glass and giving it to her, Ar'ekk locked glances with the Zeltron girl for a moment before looking away. He hid the upper part of his torso under the water as he did not want to feel the coldness of the surface as it made him shiver. In regards to what he was expecting... The man did not make any assumptions.

A client is a client, regardless of looks or wits. Credits spoke for themselves and that's the only thing he cared about. Maybe not the only thing but one gets the idea.

"So... Talk to me."

Identification complete. She nodded, "to business then"

Leilani took a sip from the glass the liquid popped and fizzed against her tongue it made her smile. She liked good champagne and this hit the palate tickling her senses. Then she looked [member="Arekk"] in the eye and began the story and what she needed from him.

Now how much of the story to tell, "There's a rare book on Obroa-Skai under an electronic lock. I'd like the lock opened so that I may obtain the book. The book contains a ledger. The ledger contains the account number of an old cartel run by Rinnrivin Di. We know from republic resources that they drained most of his accounts but there are hints that there were others that he held under another name. Once I have the name from the ledger I'd like you to run the name through the galactic banking system and tell me if they still exist, and if there's been activity. If no activity I'd like you to drain them to my account."

This would give her the funds to set up her network and start her own little cartel. Yes she was a Zeltron with all the needs of one but she was also of a business mind and liked being comfortable.

She took another sip she said nothing waiting for him to digest everything she said. She left out the story of the man in the cloak visiting the shop or her own visit to Obroa-Skai.

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Do you have any more information about this electronic lock? I've dealt with countless ones that weren't exactly state of the art but still good locks. If we find ourselves with something that's really upgraded, you'd need patience as I do my work."

Ensuring that the job was professional and quick was key for Ar'ekk, never doing something without a pre-plan when going to a mission. Always knowing the specifics beforehand were part of his routine as he'd go on his head about the different ways he could unlock security systems with different methods such as brute-force, computer spikes and more.

"Doing the rest shouldn't be too difficult, if we manage to open this lock."

The rest of the details were meaningless to him and he made sure of that through a series of gestures and comments when the Zeltron woman spoke, not in the arrogant way but in a manner that'd make things efficient. He was respectful when dealing with clients too, part of the whole professionalism aspect of a netrunner such as Ar'ekk.

Lifting his feet and letting the water drip from his toes as he scratched the back of his leg, he'd give Leilani a small glance and a smirk. She was an intelligent woman, straight to business unlike the rest of the people that he had to deal with. Of course, he had some clients that were top notch but some of them could really be a pain in the ass.

"Do we expect anyone else looking for this thing?"

It had taken a lot of patience to get information on the locks and phrasing questions just the right way. However a few drinks to the right person, add in a few pheromones and eventually what she needed to know came spilling out.

Did she have anymore information on the lock, "What I've learned is during the day it rotates from being on display to being taken into a special container to protect it from the light. The doors leading into the viewing room are equipped with magna-locks. The curator on request will take the book out for inspection. I have an appointment with him 5 days from now. It will give me an opportunity to look at the book, I was thinking you could come and do a surveillance of the room to ensure I haven't missed something."

She had taken a quick look but she did not have a practiced eye to catch all the details, and getting what details she had had proven a task. Droids were programmed to be very cautious. "There is a droid also outside the viewing room. It looks like a normal droid but looks can be deceiving." It could somewhere in its body she could picture it having a weapon of some kind.

She emptied the glass and sat it back to the try having moved a bit closer to [member="Arekk"] she smiled and then moved back.

She couldn't help some things but she tried desperately to control herself. She needed his talents.

Now as to his other question anyone else looking for it. "There is some competition but they believe I am obtaining the book for them. Which I will probably in the end give it to them but not until I've looked at it" She didn't want to be too cagey about her motives honesty would go further than denial. She might bend the truth some but she didn't think it necessary to outright lie.

She did wish he hadn't asked that particular question.

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Magna-locks? It's a tight security measure but unbreakable at an extent. I'm going to need direct access to the wall panel so I can disable the security system. I'll come with to check it out, including the droid. If it's there, then it's for a reason."

The information was undeniably helpful but sadly wasn't enough to warrant a precise measuring, having to be actually there on the physical location would give him much more details about the security measures put in place to protect this book. It wouldn't be a very easy job to pull off, specially when they'd have to stay away from the eyes of any guards or cameras.

"Spare me the details, I don't need them. Just wanted to know if we'd have company, others might have the same as idea as you to get this book. That way I can bring heavy weaponry."

Part of his job meant that competition would get in the way and things would turn nasty in exchange. Blown off limbs and lifeless bodies left behind were just part of the line of work he was involved deeply, as a former war veteran Ar'ekk was very proficient with weapons and the training as a Jedi Knight (long, long ago) would come in handy during combat.

He wasn't phased when Leilani reached forward and scooted closer to him, giving her a sly smirk combined with a wink while drinking champagne.

"Now... how about enjoying where we are?"

She had to admit that this was a very smooth business deal he had questions she gave answers. The way all business should go no fuss no muss just business. That's what she wanted to clean lines no hang ups and everyone got paid.

She did give a bit too many details some liked having them some didn't clearly [member="Arekk"] didn't need those type of details. He had them now so however he used them was up to him.

"Yes Magna locks it seemed excessive but then I was reminded that the entire section where this one book is holds many books that they are protecting. Clearly they place a high value on them." She had been amazed by it truly a magna lock on the door.

"I have thought about some of it. The curator will take the book out of the display case which means no sensor alarms for that. The droid must be the back-up surely I'm not the first one to ask to see a book. The droid must be there to stop anyone from leaving with a book or to engage the door lock." Her voice wandered off as she thought about it. Why she hadn't thought of that before. Slowly her focus returned to the present.

When she had placed the glass back she thought she had slipped back far enough to give them a little distance so when he asked about enjoying where they were she was slightly surprised but the thought did entertain her. It had been some time since she took time out for enjoyment. She was a contradiction of her own species she enjoyed the pleasures of life but seemed to rarely find the time to indulge.

Times like this prompted her to envy Lorica and Phee they indulged at every opportunity, spice, alcohol, competition, eating, and of course the sex. When they dragged themselves into the shop each morning she wondered how they had survived the night. They'd repeat everything they did leaving out no details but leaving Leilani to think that she was incomplete as a Zeltron.

Guided by the thoughts and musings about Phee and Lorica she decided she would take the plunge.

"One more point of business then we can go about enjoying what is here." She smiled, "Transportation do you wish to travel with me or on your own?" There were a few collaborators in her past they couldn't afford to move about on their own and needed a ship. She was ensuring that he had a ride whichever way he chose.

Arekk

LITHIOS

"I have my own transportation, don't worry about it. I'm a professional."

With that out of the way and the last point of business cleared out, Ar'ekk simply wanted to relax. To have a clear mind prior to pulling off an important job was key to the success of any mission, enjoying himself in any way possible would not only help him calm his senses but to make sure he's not stressed by the time the important day comes.

"How are you liking Lithios so far? Besides, you know, the champagne and sitting in a hot tub with only a towel wrapped around your body."

He was clearly oozing with confidence that evening, something that was contrary to the old personality he once had. Hiding beneath a mask to conceal a much uglier scar that thanks to synthflesh disappeared almost in its entirety, only leaving the one going across his right eye like a lightning bolt.

"You've got a place to stay, I assume?"

[member="Arekk"]

She nodded to his answer on the transport another check in his favor he didn't mooch rides. Last one she transported had made many assumptions and she had come close to sending him out the airlock. They parted company shortly afterwards and while she had sworn she wouldn't take another necessity dictated she ask.

And then it seemed the weight of the conversation lifted Leilani leaned against the ceramic tiles letting her head drop back to rest upon the edge and slowly allow her body to submerge up to the shoulders beneath the warm waters. It was a giant bath and all she really needed were some bubbles to make it complete. She smiled as she let go of the tension she had brought with her into the room.

When he asked about how she liked Lithios she laughed, "aside from the endless rain this is actually pretty close to heaven for me." How could she explain it, "zeltrons have reputation as you are likely aware. Sometimes you just want to escape that reputation and just be." She shrugged her shoulders not sure that he would understand but maybe there was that off chance he would.

"Champagne is great" She looked up to where she placed her glass, "it's like drinking candy with bubbles tickles your tongue and gives you that bit of rush." She was rambling slightly but perhaps he'd forgive her for that. For now. "As for the towel I've worn less with more people." She closed her eyes, 'no it wasn't an orgy" she wouldn't wait for that question. "it was mud wrestling"

She shook her head and laughed again remembering that night. Good for your skin they said. They forgot to mention the black eye she could get or the bruises she definitely got. But in the end it had been a fun night.

"You assume correctly, a nice room overlooking downtown Ethos city." She wasn't sure really how nice it was but it provided a bed, a window, and moniker of comfort that she desired. She then looked over at him, "Am I allowed to ask a personal question?"

Arekk

LITHIOS

Having his own means of transportation would only equal to a much more comfortable experience when out in the field. His own rules to his vessel, not having to worry about depending on a foreign ship that might work or not during times of extreme urgency.

Sure, the Ebon Hawk was a milennia old ship that predated to the days of Darth Revan during the Old Republic but after so long it continued to be a reliable ship thanks to regular upkeep.

"I remember one person said that all Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them."

The first point outlined made sense with her commentary about the mud fight, although he would not lie that the thought about Leilani in minor cloths was certainly amusing despite her trying not to make it seem so. He simply let out a friendly laugh, gripping his champagne glass and tilting his head sideways while the rest of his body submerged in the warm water.

"Definitely. Ask me anything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom