Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bastatha Affair

Sand. Sun.
[member="Arekk"]​

"NO you don't, I need you in prime condition" It did bother her still that he was injured because of her. There were many things she could not control actions of others was one of them. She also knew that sometimes in their line of work a bit of violence was bound to happen. They would live with it and move on to the next thing.

She had been caught! She gave him a guilty smile. "I was going to wait for you. I still need run through the refresher myself but the water is so....oh feth enticing. alluring." She looked from him to the water, "You know I've found that memories surrounding water are always the most vivid."

She smoothed the sand with her barefoot, "I can look at a holo of a body of water and remember everything about that day. I don't know why." There was no sadness within her right now only joy and peace. "I'll get the first aid kit we'll take a look at your wound before we go off half bent on indulging in sand and sun."

In truth she wondered if their blessing of the bed activities had opened the wound. It might be best to let it get some air but the kolto should have done a lot of the healing. She wandered back rummaged through a closet, then stepped into the refresher for a few minutes. Once done she then turned back up on the porch. "Let's make sure you are ok."

She tapped his arm, "Ok big guy sit down for a minute." She could still see tiny drops of water on his hair.

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
"A beautiful day in paradise."
// w. [member="Leilani Paaie"]

"I don't blame you if you wanted to come here, Leilani. It's magical." He said while using his hand to cover his face from the sun, grinning. "That's a good way to put things, though. I like that!"

Eventually, Ar'ekk sat down on the porch and dug his feet in the sand as he waited for the Zeltron girl to return with the first aid kit. Toying around with the soft sand with his toes and resting his hands on both sides of the wooden porch, the man removed his t-shirt and allowed Leilani to inspect his healing wound.

It looked much better than it did the first time as the kolto had already done its magic though during their little activity the stitches had removed themselves a little and blood started to drip down his shoulder ever so lightly.

"You did a great job with this, by the way. Barel felt anything."

The sound of the sea in the background made him feel sleepy and lightheaded, almost wanting to sleep all day and do nothing.

[member="Arekk"]​

It didn't take long to look over the wound, "it's doing nicely course..it will leave you another interesting scar to tell stories about" She smiled as she made sure there were no signs of infection. It was a bit ugly in its present state of presentation, red angry, black but not signs of infection. She nodded her head agreeing with herself.

She looked at him as he patiently waited for her to finish playing doctor, "So you're saying you aren't in any pain." She could hear the waves behind her lapping against the sand, "How do you feel about letting it get some sun. It will help with healing." It would help to dry it out and aid with healing. Least every injury she had did better in the sun.

Leilani put her hand just below the wound no creepers good.

"How about we walk some." She knew they could nap whenever they felt like it, and the trip did leave a touch of travel lag but to not take in a bit of the beach seemed a crime.

Arekk

UVHCJnw.png
// w. [member="Leilani Paaie"]

"Another one for the collection."

This wasn't the first time Ar'ekk was injured and it certainly wouldn't be the last, over the years he had lost count of how many wounds and scars he received during drunk bar fights or participating in high-scale conflicts for his clients. Everything in his line of work putting under extreme duress and dangerous situations so getting scarred was just a small part of it and he thoroughly enjoyed it either way.

"No pain, nope. I feel absolutely fine, almost as if I could take a Krayt Dragon by myself."

He hadn't lost his sense of humour either which was really great news to hear, at least for Leilani's enjoyement. His toes emerged from being buried in the sand and playfully rested on the Zeltron girl's thighs for a moment before eventually resting on the wooden stairs that lead up back to the beach house, eyes quizzically falling on Leilani and nodding at her question.

"I'd definitely love to take a walk, it's still early in the day. We can be lazy after, huh?"

Take in the sights along the shore, enjoy the cold water touching their soles and the warm sun over their shoulders. Just great.

UVHCJnw.png
Walking hand in hand​
Sand between our toes
[member="Arekk"]​
The sounds of the beach and a life filled with ease was the backdrop for the two lovers. That metal tinkle of the windchime in time with the lapping of the waves a reminder of what they were here for.

Leilani couldn't help but smile at the man before her. They had come far fast and nothing so far stood in their way to do anything else they desired. It was an odd sensation in many ways for the Zeltron. She well she was being herself no one was looking preparing to judge her. Plus she had to let go of the expectations she had on herself.

"A collection that perhaps you will expand upon one night when we sit by the fire." She had seen the fire pit and already dreamed of what it would be like to sit there at night with the ocean at their feet and a sea of stars over their heads. Yes even in her head it sounded wonderful.

"Krayt Dragon whoa there now big guy only if I get to help do you get to wrestle one." Yes she would why not.

She closed the box shoved it to the side, "Well then let's walk." She was ready she held out her hand for him to take, "the sand between your toes, the wind to rustle your hair, and the sun to bind it all together." Then she remembered, "OH...I have to get something" She moved up the step, "Wait here, don't leave...ok..."

She ran into the house in the closet she had seen it when she opened the door, a wide brimmed hat to keep out the sun as she walked back to Arekk she put it on. She stood in the door leaned against the jamb put the hat on putting one hand behind her head, lifting her knee slightly, "What do you think...am I ready for my close up?" She smiled waiting a few minutes broke her pose laughed and walked towards Arekk, now they could leave.

Arekk

https://soundcloud.com/crammed-discs/bebel-gilberto-samba-da-bencao​
w. [member="Leilani Paaie"]

"That means you'll burn me? Wow, you're bad!"

Obviously, he was teasing Leilani and his heartfelt laugh just showed how genuine that was. It had been a while since Ar'ekk was able to kick off his shoes and enjoy a sunny day on the beach side specially when you realize most of his days were always under the heavy downpour and grey skies of Ethos City. That type of weather tends to get boring after a while and his embrace of the current summer temperature was more than welcome.

"You look beautiful."

She really did in his eyes. Though the hat was a little too big for his taste and that made him feel the urge to take her hat and put it on his head in a jokingly manner, Ar'ekk eventually gave up on that thought, imagine if he told Leilani otherwise. He'd be in some neck deep chit if that even escaped his mouth even though he didn't really feel like it was that way, she looked as beautiful as the ocean.

"Lead the way, your Highness." He said in jest while interlocking fingers with the Zeltron's, standing up and brushing some sand from his shorts. "Let's see what we can find."

UVHCJnw.png
Glee Anselm - Home of Sun and Sun
[member="Arekk"]​
"I am so bad, you just don't know" she quipped back at him with a devilish little smile. she batted her lashes just a few times for effect. She headed towards him, "I wouldn't want you to burn" her tone was a bit sarcastic she was teasing him. She liked teasing him and she believed he liked it to there was always a spark in his gaze when she did.

"Thank you" she replied gratefully to his compliment which made her feel warmer no matter how many times he said it always made her blush. Her cheeks turned deeper pink. She shook her head slightly as her mind wandered. Then.

She tilted her head and sighed, "Here" She took her hat off and put it on his head, "Well now isn't that a lovely topping" She laughed.

"goes with your complexion and you won't burn" She nodded. Tugging him forward by his hand. A sparkle of mischief to match the reflection of the sun on the water. Tiny white prisms of light appeared across the surface. The water was still gently lapping setting the tone for their walk.

She held his hand lacing her fingers between his. He was the very image of a beach bum right now well really all he needed was a pole and a net. She took the first step her foot sinking into the sand within moments it was covered. Her foot burned slightly from the heat but it strangely felt good. How odd it felt if she stood still too long would she sink completely below the sand?

For some reason she smiled.

Arekk

"I make this look good, you know? Take a glance!"

If looking like a complete moron with Leilani's hat on was his own version of being pretty then things had really taken a twisted turn, sort of speak. Laughing out loud, Ar'ekk removed the hat from his head and gave it back to the Zeltron girl as they resumed their walk along the shoreline, feet touching the wet sand and the cold water also doing its very own thing, making the man himself shiver for a second.

"What if I burn, though?"

The weather didn't help his case either, it was too hot to even wear a t-shirt which is why he decided to remove it and walk along without it. This was the beach side anyways and using less layers of clothes were a welcome thing in his eyes, it wasn't like either of them would get judged, right?

"Can always jump into the water."

You and me in Paradise
[member="Arekk"]​

"You do make it look good" she tried hard not to laugh but it was too hard not. He looked, "you look good enough to kiss" She leaned over and kissed him softly with a promise of more later.

"I promise if you burn I'll work some magic on it" She would aloe vera, lotion with kolto in it there were ways to treat his delicate skin if it were to burn. Him looking like a shiny red lobster would not be all that funny. It would be painful. hmm no not gonna happen.

"Or I could help you into the water, ya know a small shove..." she pushed his arm not quite as hard as she could, "maybe topple you over..." That you're in trouble look came into her eyes and not that she was in trouble that HE was in trouble. His little remark about jumping in she was taking it a bit further. She knew he wasn't a wuss and that that little salt into the wound would not be welcome.

But.

She'd help him out if he was burning she didn't wish pain on him in any way. She squeezed his hand gently.

"Ar'ekk dear...can I ask a question" What better time than walking on the beach quietly.

Arekk

"Shoot."

The sunlight warmth the back of his head pretty well and getting used to this sudden weather change proved to be difficult after years under one single type of forecast which was rain in all sorts of ways. Up, down, sideways, thunderstorms, etcetera.

He sought the moment to go back to the beach house and just plop down on the couch and relax, sleep a little then roam around the place trying to check every single part of it.

"I'll take you up on that but not yet! I'm too tired after the trip to go for a swim. We can come back down later."

Not a wuss definitely but even a man like him needed to have a break even if just for an hour or two, recharging batteries you can call it.

"What's your question?"

[member="Arekk"]

She recharged faster must be her metabolism. Not that she was ready for bedroom activities but here outside she wanted sand and sun.

But. He was injured and she just offered to push him into the water.

He might need a nap.

"Arekk. Back at Aruti place. You talked about a regret. What did you mean?" She turned them to head back their walk had taken them a small distance. She had waited to ask her question. She hoped this place would ease his thoughts.

There was the hammock. The couch. The chaise chair. All great places to rest. While sounds of the surf lulled them into a sense of safety. Ease.

Arekk

"I... I-..."

Leilani's question caught him off guard, his demeanor changing to a much more reserved and opaque compared to the joyful one that had been flourishing ever since they touched the ground on this dream island.

Going as far as releasing his grip from the Zeltron girl's hand albeit gently, Ar'ekk walked over to where the shoreline was and looked back at her with a stranged look that just screamed "I don't wanna talk about it".

"It's too difficult for me to talk about it. And if I did reveal it to you then everything between us could change in a radical way. Back to square one almost."

And he wasn't kidding about that at all, he was capable of taking the ship and going right there and then if that's what was needed to be done. It wasn't pretty but he held some secrets that would change Leilani's entire opinion about him. Would she really want to know that? Curiosity was deeper and she was really interested.

"Do you really want to know?"

[member="Arekk"]

She had caught him off guard damn her zeltron curiosity. But it was too late to take the words back they were out. No sooner had they left her lips when he let her hand go stepping away. At the same time she saw it that pain in his eyes the same one she had seen on Lithios when he had said those words I made that mistake once and I regretted it. I won't make the same error again and then he ended Aruti's life.

What pain showed in those eyes for as much as he could radiate joy he could radiate pain on levels that would rip the zeltron to pieces. Dark sad emotions hit her hard as he looked at her so much rode on this moment she could feel it.

What words he would put with it she didn't know but the pain that she felt in spades.

She tilted her head just watching him her dark eyes taking in his movements, or lack of. Here's the thing though if you're going to be someone's lover you accepted them with all their ups and downs. You didn't just hang around for the good things.

She walked over to him taking his hand back into hers. She beat back reflecting his emotions to him it would only make matters worse. "I'm not going anywhere. No matter what." She wanted him to be assured that whatever it was she was standing her ground.

She had a choice, "I want to know everything about you. I don't meant to cause you pain" She began to recognize that whatever this pain came from it had a hand in reshaping him. "In this place that's ours there's no judgement" She meant it. Whatever it was between them there was one thing that would always be there, acceptance, at least on her part.

She wasn't fool enough to think that there weren't skeletons in each of their closets. She stroked the back of his hand lightly just as a comforting touch. No everyone had them, even her. But not like this.

"I care Arekk." She didn't use the word love she wasn't there yet but caring, connection, longing these she had in triplicate. "I wouldn't just run off with a stranger after 24 hours if I didn't feel something." She reached up with another hand to put to his cheek her fingers gently caressing his face. Her gaze meeting his. Her acceptance and caring reflected in hers, his uncertainty in his.

"I want to know but if you aren't ready then we have this conversation when you are ready, not when I am ready. Cause.I'm always ready to talk with you." The only way she was going somewhere was if he sent her away. Looking at his face that thought might be crossing his mind.

Arekk

"We can't be together because I can't love you, Leilani."

That would've stung the Zeltron girl like a thousand needles pricking her body or a dagger to her back in betrayal because that's what he felt and felt unable to do anything about it. Ar'ekk had been suffering from this for a year and a half now and was trying to pick up the small pieces of his past by just being a lonewolf though he really did enjoy being with Leilani.

Unfortunately, not everything had a happy ending in life.

"My wife. She was murdered back on Lithios by former lieutenants of the organization I used to run in Nar Shaddaa as retaliation for destroying what I've built. They took her life and kidnapped our daughter. I can't let go of that."

That was the truth cold and simply put, being on this sanctuary with Leilani was nothing but a mere oasis in the desert as he tried to keep his mind away from that thought that ate his mind over and over every night, the same nightmare waking him up in cold sweat during his sleep and that kept him with insomnia. It was hard to live like this and he didn't want to hurt the Zeltron with that, even if she wanted to stay.

"I'm sorry it took me this long to tell you this. It... can't happen."

She held his hand tighter, "I didn't ask you to love me. We aren't there Arekk we only know the outlines of each other's forms, and what it makes to see the other blush."

She sighed she wasn't sure about the emotions that she felt at the moment. But she recognized deep pain it was stabbing her the problem was it wasn't her pain it was his. She felt it as if it were her own it took all she could to stand still and take it. She couldn't imagine what it was like for him.

Death of a beloved spouse would take the heart of anyone. It often took years to get over such a loss add in that she was murdered and that would just about solidify an eternal heartbreak.

"I can be port in the storm Arekk, I'll never be her and I would never seek to actively replace her. But I offer some solace in the storms." Probably some of the hardest words spoken by any woman or zeltron. Romantic heart aside there was the compassion that ability to reflect emotions that made them so tangible she could reach out and pluck them from the air.

Why would she do this? Feth if she really knew except that the look of anguish on his face when he spoke. That would move anyone.

"I can help you look for your child. There are places maybe I can go and talk where you can't." A child how lost she must feel how alone. There were other questions popping in her mind but at the moment she felt the only thing Arekk needed was to know he wasn't alone in his pain.

She expected no long term commitments she hadn't coming into this. And now it was turning into something else.

"What do you say to that?" She wanted a drink, she had a feeling they could both use one.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

"Everyone changes."

"I know we are not there yet but that's where it might be going. We've done things people do when they're falling for each other."

Reluctancy to keep going, that's what is eating Ar'ekk alive in that instant. It would feel like betraying Leilani and crushing his heart in a thousand pieces and living on a lie while smiling on the surface was the most awful thing he could do to someone that had opened her heart and mind to him in the most unselfish of ways. She didn't deserve that from him, specially being stabbed like the way he was doing right now with his words.

"No, no... It's futile." He shook his head with that eyes-closed-give-up-that-idea type of look in his face, sighing. "It won't work."

A year and a half was already too late for having hope but as long as he didn't see Atefeh she'd continue to be alive. But if he was going to seek revenge and find his child then it would have to be alone. Dragging anyone else to his personal fight would just cause more harm than intended and he didn't want Leilani to suffer just as he has been suffering for the past two years.

"Let's go home, I gotta think."

She could put her finger on it and know what it was, he felt responsible for all of it that had happened to his wife and daughter. She couldn't fix that with a band-aide or a week in bed turning the sheets.

If he became nothing more than her friend at this moment she would still offer him the same thing again.

"Don't be afraid to show me how you are feeling. If you're falling apart I'm here. Whatever happens. You shouldn't be alone in this." She couldn't utter the words you aren't at fault she already knew he wouldn't accept that.

"You don't know what will work or won't, I don't remember your resume containing the words 'can see the future'" He was a man and that came with all the shortcomings, successes, and emotions of anyone else.

She had a feeling he hadn't told very many people this. She had a feeling part of what was driving him was the loss of hope.

"Ok let's go home. No rash decisions though. We talk it through. Partners whether by choice, or contract, or mutual need. I won't allow you to scrape me off your shoe Arekk. I'm not the usual zeltron." She half smiled, she did not let go of his hand.

He needed to know to feel connection to the world around him. If she was it...she'd live with it, especially if it kept him alive.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

"Everyone changes."

"Thank you, really. That means a lot to me."

Her positive vibes and attitude were appreciated tenfold by the man who seemed to be broken in little pieces, trying to figure out what was going to happen next. Maybe things could turn the other way and it wouldn't work between the two or maybe that'd change in the near future. Nobody knew, not Ar'ekk or Leilani for that matter. He just wanted to forget but it was difficult.

Too unbearable at times.

"I know you are not." A weak smile surfaced once again before it evaporated as smoke in the wind, becoming one with it. "Come on."

Keeping his fingers intertwined with the Zeltron's, both walked back home in complete silence and stopped at the porch. The man sat down on a small wooden chair nearby and grabbed a clean towel left at the porch, cleaning the sand ingrained to his soles and stuck between his toes before eventually entering the beach house. Plopping on the nearest couch, Ar'ekk just sat there in silence looking at complete nothingness while Leilani did her thing.

Troubling indeed.

[member="Arekk"]​
Silence she had lived in silence a long time. She watched him as he went through his thinking process. She brushed her feet clean then headed inside straight to the cabinet where the alcohol was.

Grabbing up two glasses and a bottle she poured them both two fingers and set a glass near where he could get it. She sat down next to him saying nothing. She was going to do something she had left behind a long time ago. Something that she would like to forget but couldn't.

She stared at the floor and began to think. It may not be raining outside but the was a darkness inside.

His wife is killed, his child taken by those wanting revenge.

If it is me what are my reasons. The wife is precious, was precious killing her gives me the satisfaction of knowing I hurt him by taking away what he loved. Just as I loved that operation on Nar Shadaa.

Why do I take the child? The child is small, weak of no value in its current form. No..so I must take the child and make it into what I want. What I want is to hurt him. So I turn the child into everything he hates. First I change her name, not fully though her real name becomes her middle name, her first name something odd foreign that means something...like....revenge. yes. If I'm out to hurt him more. I hide the child.

I convince the child she has no other than me. I make her mine.

But where do I take the child? I can look like anyone leaving Lithios there are more humans than anything else. But what purpose does that serve. None. It is more painful to keep the child there under his nose where he looks but doesn't see.

Leilani lifted the glass and took a sip. Without thinking she reached over and put her hand on Arekk's arm. The dark thoughts she's thinking are troubling but she knows this is one possible route. She laid her head on his shoulder she needed the contact. The dark thoughts turned in her mind.

She then realizes that the killers wanted him incapacitated taking them both does that, from the looks of him they were right. That's why the child is on Lithios because it will hurt him more to learn she is there when the time is right, and that for all his resources he couldn't find her. It makes sense but it is just Leilani's thoughts about it, she could be far off base or on mark.

Except for now. Leilani had resources and she was one step away from the whole thing. This whole thing about the killing his wife taking his childthough Leilani sick inside. Senseless for no other reason than a choice. Choices. Everyone made choices. About 30 minutes had passed but now she had an idea. Of why.

"Let me help dear." A soft whisper, "we can do it."

Arekk

"Everyone changes."

"It's too late."

Leilani was only trying to help and he understood that completely, appreciating the fact she was taking this so seriously and with the courtesy one could ever hope to give to someone in such a dire situation. His hand reached out to grab hers to give it a gentle squeeze before going for the glass with alcohol, swirling from it and letting the sour taste travel through his esophagus and touching all the way down until he felt fuzzy in the guts.

Even if they were to search for his daughter they would get caught in a trap with bigger fish, people that didn't play by any rules. Lithios was dangerous and sticking their heads into something like that was a certified death sentence. Leilani would not become another statistic.

"I'm aware you want to help me but I'm asking you not to." His eyes searched for hers briefly as she rested her head on his shoulders, heavening a small sigh. "Please."

Going as far to even pull this sort of rushed plan would mean putting a lot of strength and desire into such but Ar'ekk felt beaten and unwilling to do it, even for the love he had for his missing piece of sky. It had been too long, probably disappeared into the mist and could be anywhere on the galaxy.

"Can we change the subject?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom