Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Testing the Gateway

In Umbris Potestas Est
“Being a Sith isn’t about enslaving worlds and yoking them to your tyranny.” Vanessa said. “And you can deny it all you want, but your people are going to need their spiritual needs fulfilled. There is no reason for you not to pursue such, Ingrid. As they say, great men and women do not seek power. They have it thrust upon them.” Perhaps her inspiration would do something but Vanessa had no idea.

“This portal, based on all historical accounts, takes those who travel through it to a dark and desolate world inhabited only by the Wizards themselves. A world within the Dark Illathurion - a world within Otherspace. This is a step to the acquisition of something Carnifex would find most beneficial.” She paused, thinking for a moment about the Sunstar. “Do not alter the stone. It was bad enough putting it together from shards at the site of Griagh’s bones. And it may yet be useful to not just you, but us as well.” Vanessa had heard the stone potentially wielded the power to open a gateway to the Prime Universe when handled by a god. Perhaps it would be true.

She raised an eyebrow at the other question, a look of genuine surprise on her face. “Then I was nothing more than a pawn in her schemes, or else my leading you to this moment is to say the leads incredibly coincidental. Yet you proved stronger than she did and now you wield her power while she is nothing but a collection of memories, her servants cowering at your feet.” It was a good feeling for the subordination of monstrosities at the hands of a deity.

At the query of sleep, Vanessa gave a thoughtful look, fingers coming to her chin. “I’m not sure if you need It, per se. however in mimicry of my mortal habits, I have found it possible to close my eyes, fall into a sleep, and dream. It enlightens me more as to the memories of Ooradryl and his spawn.” A memory would flare up in Ingrid’s mind - of the Queen of the Night Spirit herself tearing apart one of Ooradryl’s long-dead children, her servants devouring his remains.

Her last query also made Vanessa think, but not for long. “If they exist in the material plane, I truthfully don’t see why not.” She said. “You should be able to summon them as needed. The portal to the Otherworld will remain open indefinitely allowing their free transit here, and from here, elsewhere to wherever you need them.”

Vanessa came over and placed a hand on Ingrid’s shoulder. “I know you don’t trust me. I know you think this was a deliberate course of action. I assure you that it was not and I am here to help you however I can with regards to the new state you exist in. Do you believe me?”

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
un9m0l1.png
Equipment: 2x Striith vibrosword | Brynja Mk. I Military Coat | Gildenweave Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | Empyrean gland | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet | Healing amulet
Tag: Onrai Onrai
dRUm20K.png

If Vanessa had known what burden Tacitus had left on Ingrid, what the woman had to do, she probably would never have brought her here. Spiritual guidance; yes, as Lord Commander, that was her job. But how could she have done that if she were no longer human, she had become a Force Entity? This was all in opposition to the need to destroy the Force itself. It was all very unpleasant.

She didn't answer that, but the next part was interesting, didn’t know so much about their Otherworld yet, so that was useful information. She had just remembered that if it could really open a portal to that dimension, it would be a great gift for AMCO AMCO , as the Sith Lord is interested in different dimensions, especially Netherworld. But maybe the Sith Lod would like this too, when Vanessa stated that Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex was also involved.

The woman had never met the Sith Emperor in person, she only felt his presence several times, but she didn't want any clashes with the man. Ingrid finally managed to settle relations between the two Empires, she didn’t want any problems. She hovered Sunstar back at the woman with telekinetics. The red-haired woman didn't want to endanger Adrian by handing the Sith Lord the stone or artefact. As for her own part, she didn’t want these creatures to stay there in their Otherworld anyway, so that was no problem.

”Take it to your Emperor. I don’t need it, tell him I’m sending it with the utmost respect. A gift from one ally to another.”

With regard to sleep and things related to it, such as eating and drinking, Ingrid also seemed to have to figure out for herself whether she needed such things or not. From the other woman's words, she felt that it could probably be with food as well as with sleep. She will experience it. The following information and passage was again interesting because they said she should be able to summon such beings without any help. As for the memories.

Although she had no experience with Night Spirit yet, only with the woman's former lieutenant. She had nightmares there for a week or two until she learned to exclude these memories, after which she could only achieve them through meditation and recall. Ingrid didn’t really mind because they had been locked up in her mind until then and they didn’t hurt or harm her.

She shuddered as Vanessa put her hand on her shoulder, too immersed in her own thoughts. Thee Overlord didn't like anyone touching her without her permission. That's why she stepped away, shaking Vanessa’s hand off her shoulder. She then turned to face the other woman. Trust, one of the hardest things in her life. There were very few people she could trust who she could actually trust. And the woman hadn't given a reason for Ingrid to trust her in the slightest.

”You’re right, I don’t trust you, but there are only a handful of people I can trust. And no, I can't believe you either. One day maybe yes, but it’s not that day yet.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
In Umbris Potestas Est
As Ingrid returned the Sunstar to Vanessa, the Sith Lord gave a look of surprise, yet internally felt a bit of relief. If the Sunstar was in fact capable of the tremendous feat that was opening a portal, then it would be the perfect tool for use by Vanessa in discerning whether or not it would be possible to turn other alternative portals into gates leading to the Prime Universe. Additionally, with the Sunstar removed from the altar, the gate to the Otherworld would remain open, giving Ingrid and the Enternal Empire access to a portion of the void of Otherspace and the forbidden ruins or eldritch horrors that lurked within. “This will be most useful in fulfilling the task I was given. Thank you.” Vanessa said to Ingrid.

To the woman’s final comments, she sighed. “Paranoid to the end, even when you have the power of a god. Wise, given what comes to those who become too trusting for their own good.” Vanessa frowned, memories recollected now of the times she had trusted others only to find herself backstabbed and otherwise brought to ruin. The Sunstar was soon pocketed into her robes as she sighed. “I believe there is not much else to do here, admittedly. The gate on Endor is still functional and may prove useful should the gates in Sith Space fail to provide a pathway to the Prime Universe. The Night Spirit is no more, her followers have been subjugated your whims and cannot harm those outside your commands... but most importantly, you have a new world to discover and exploit.” She said, smiling.

Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
un9m0l1.png
Equipment: 2x Striith vibrosword | Brynja Mk. I Military Coat | Gildenweave Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | Empyrean gland | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet | Healing amulet
dRUm20K.png

”Is there anything else that can be solved to close this gateway? I mean, not permanently just in a way that can be opened and closed with some ritual when needed? For now, it would be better if this thing remained a secret, and an open gateway doesn’t help. If this is not possible, close it forever.”

Ingrid wasn’t really familiar with this yet, so she left that question and operation to Vanessa instead. And the artefact might be really better if she didn't have it. There will be no temptation to give it to AMCO AMCO , who may be in danger because of the Emperor's involvement, and she really didn't want that. The Overlord was still looking at the gate, not even looking at Vanessa when she answered her.

”If I wasn’t paranoid, I wouldn’t be alive anymore.”

She didn’t go into the details, but it also contributed to the fact that the woman was an agent and a spy, and with an occupation like that, who didn’t have one was really no longer alive. The kind of paranoia that wasn’t excessive, like Adrian’s was considered healthy by the woman. She thought the other woman's assessment of the situation was rather strange. From Ingrid’s perspective, discovering what was on the other side of the gate was somehow one of the last points on the “note” of importance. For her, the Eternal Empire and its affairs continued to be paramount.

”Well, can you solve what I asked to close the gateway in a way?”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

In Umbris Potestas Est
“You could order a facility be built around the portal in order to control and restrict entry. That seems like the simplest solution all things considered, and in theory requires no ritual.” She said. “The only other way to control the portal would be to use the Sunstar, which is how the portal was opened and closed in the first place.” She replied. “And you just gave me it back. There’s no way to close the portal forever - all you’d have to do is remake the Sunstar from the remains of its prior existence.” She said.

A pause came to her mind. “Short of me closing it with the Sunstar prior to leaving, there is nothing that comes to mind.”Vanessa answered. “You could attempt to somehow shield it using whatever powers the Night Spirit has given you, though have no idea as to how such is the case.”

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

”No place can be found more desolate than this planet. I didn’t want to waste my resources or my assets on the Ewoks or the Endor, not even the Eternal Empire’s.” She also said this coldly and militarily.

The Overlord left the Ewok hunt to the Vexillium, who just wanted to get involved in such a restaurant chain. Sometimes she didn’t understand the Vex’s directors. The planet was in their territory, but they had nothing to do with it. As far as she knew, there had to be a secret rebel base somewhere, as it used to be when the rebels defeated the Galactic Empire here. This happened very, very long ago, but history has loved to repeat itself. However, the red-haired woman did not want to let that happen.

Listening to what Vanessa said, she would have to figure something out of the memories of the Night Spirit and possibly make something for herself. But in the meantime, it really would be the best way if this gate wasn’t open. She wasn't worried about the planet, she was worried about what the next consequences might be. First the disappearance of the Emperor, now this.

”In that case, close it, and then hopefully stay that way long enough. Until then, I will reallocate resources here to build a base around it. Then, if its reopen by itself or in some other way, it will be under control.”

Unfortunately, she could not do more than that in this situation, at most enough to issue building orders. She glanced at Vanessa and nodded to the woman to do the job she was asked to do, if they were done with that, they really had no more things on the planet after that, at least for a while. And she will send the Devil’s Claws here to take care of this task. They understood this best in the Empire. And of course, as soon as she can, she'll talk to AMCO AMCO about it as well.

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Then let me handle it." If Ingrid didn't want to waste time on developing Endor, Vanessa would gladly do so. And with possession of the Sunstar, she would be able to open and close the portal as was needed. It would make sure that this most important location remained accessible while preventing Ingrid from having to do much of anything. "I will build the facility to study the portal in question and further examine what lies beyond within the bubbling void of Otherspace."

Vanessa gave a sigh - the Wizards of the Night Spirit were already loose from the world. She placed the reforged Sunstar into the altar and rotated it as she needed to, effectually ensuring that the portal closed before their eyes and access to the world that lay beyond was once more restricted to them both. "The key to opening and closing the portal lies in the Sunstar. Once the facility is built around the portal, I will reopen it and we can begin the process of studying the Otherworld where the Wizards have been constrained for all these millennia." Such a thought, of seeing a world within the experimental dimension that was Dark Illathurion, tantalized the goddess to no end and made her desire to further know that which existed in the dimension.

There were always more things to learn about, and more ways to warp and wield influence over the fabric of reality itself.

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

”It is not necessary, I will solve it, I think I also know who I will entrust with this task. I have the proper acquaintance for this within the Eternal Empire.”

The Devil’s Claws were perfect for this task as she knew them, the woman made sure they would be interested in it all. As the Emperor’s absence grew longer and longer, it was time to talk to them anyway. They may have been loyal to the Emperor, there was no problem with that, but it was time to help the woman. Anyway, they were working in exactly the area that Ingrid is learning the most at the moment.

The other issue was that she could not talk about them to anyone, as they were members of the Wardens of the Shroud, a group that did not officially exist, yet had a huge influence in the Empire because they were responsible for training the Force Users. But this was an Imperial internal affair here even if the Sith Empire wanted something later, it required negotiation and a treaty.

Watching as the woman closed the portal, there was no need to deal with it for a while now, she turned to the creatures that were still here and apparently waiting for her command. The Overlord instructed them telepathically that they could free do what they wanted, but whoever sees someone as a symbol like what she wears is an ally and should not be hurt. The creatures spread apart after this. As the portal closed, she looked at Vanessa.

”Thank you, we're really done here for now. The creatures were given the command. The securing of the area and the construction will also start soon.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom