Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Testing the Gateway

Vanessa had a new outlook on life now that she was empowered by the energy of the dead gods she and her fellow Sith had managed to slay in otherspace. It had changed her, but for now she chose to still be garbed in the masque of her former self, the guise she once possessed as a mortal. Now it was time to further her search on the Emperor's behalf - such was the reason she was here in the nebulous place that was the Eternal Empire, on the world of Endor. It was time to see whether or not the theories were true.

The remains of the Sunstar and Shadowstone were still located on the world of Endor. Vanessa recalled the stories of the Sunstar being once used as a means to open up a rift, a dimensional gate to another plane: a plane she now understood was that of the Dark Illathurion, what mortals referred to as otherspace. The playground and laboratory of the precursor gods, it was there that the servants of the Night Spirit, the goddess known as Tharagorrogaraht had been imprisoned by the Ewoks, a place they were still imprisoned. And a place where they would remain no longer.

First, however, was the awakening. Vanessa had asked for Ingrid to join her as they traveled through the forest of Endor, searching for a landmark, something special that related to the rationale Vanessa had to exist on this world. It was only with this sort of power she sought out that she would be able to determine such.

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
un9m0l1.png
Equipment: 2x Striith vibrosword | Brynja Mk. I Military Coat | Gildenweave Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | Empyrean gland | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet | Healing amulet
Tag: Onrai Onrai
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid really didn't like this thing. She was there in Otherspace and helped Vanessa and the others defeat that entity. And now, for a similar reason, the woman approached the Overlord that there was another similar entity on the Endor moon. Did Tacitus know about this? If so, why did the Emperor let such a dangerous thing be here? She still didn’t trust Vanessa, though she almost barely trusted anyone, so it wasn’t surprising.

”Now that we’re here on Endor, I want to clarify things. If we find that entity, we leave it alone and figure out how to destroy it. I will no longer be involved in your games, Lady Vantai. The only reason I am here is that this may be a threat to the Eternal Empire, and it is my duty as an Overlord to protect the Empire. I hope you have no objection to these either.”

If she had had the time and opportunity, she would have called here one of the two Sith she trusted. The other not just because the man was a soldier rather than a sorcerer. She thought of Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano . The one she would have liked to have seen on her side now is AMCO AMCO . At the moment, she would not have seen the man as her lover or fiancé, but as a help, a counsellor. It was an Eternal Empire affair, in such a matter the relationship was secondary, she would have needed a consultant.

She also watched the Forest through her eyes and through the Force, but so far found nothing. She knew it would be a lot easier for Vanessa, especially in her current form. She, as far as she could see from the clues and tracing, in a place that even the animals avoided, but she felt nothing else. She only saw this from the tracing, not through the Force. Still, she had a very bad feeling.

”I think we are approaching, there are no more animals in this area. Do you know what exactly we are looking for?”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
For the time being, Vanessa said nothing, but in response to the statements of Ingrid regarding the destruction of the entity in question that dwelled on sensor, Vanessa smiled, her lips pursing as they traveled towards the large tree that grew from the depths of the boulders in question. Her divinity was not something to be used lightly, but Vanessa also did not like to be intimidated. Though her relationship with Ingrid had grown warmer since their initial meeting, she still regarded the woman with suspicion that would hopefully be diminished soon.

“We will deal with the entity. All you must do is touch the tree and war with the entity locked away inside it. Overcome it with your will and any threat Gorog may hold will be neutralized. If we truly wish to be through, however, we are going to have to acquire the remains of the Sunstar and use it.” She replied, a smile on her face as she stepped towards the tree. “There. The broken Night Spirit was bound and incarnated herself as Morag, the Tulga Witch, who menaced the Ewoks for years. Upon her death, what remained of her grew into this tree, which has been waiting, feeding off the life of the local world.”

Vanessa motioned for Ingrid to step towards the tree. “I’ve had my fill of gods for the rest of eternity. Go forth and conquer that which perverts your domain.” She would watch at a distance, eager to see what happened when Ingrid touched the tree.

@Ingrid L’lerim

Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
un9m0l1.png
Equipment: 2x Striith vibrosword | Brynja Mk. I Military Coat | Gildenweave Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | Empyrean gland | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet | Healing amulet
dRUm20K.png

Not particularly was the woman liking the way Vanessa reacted. However, they very much seemed to have arrived in the area where they had to go. Here, Ingrid already felt something in the Force, or rather felt nothing and that was very strange. She saw rocks, stones and a huge tree. As a matter of fact, Ingrid always looked at everyone suspiciously, this is what her life depended on most of the time.

As they arrived at the tree, she looked around the area, but not much was here. It was really just them in this place, and even she felt she should run away from here. The Overlord didn't know if it was some kind of defense mechanism here, or just her instincts told her, but the point was, it wasn't pleasant to be here. She really needed Adrian as a consultant, the man was much more familiar with things like that than she was. And she couldn't turn to anyone else on such an issue anyway, at most to her aunt.

Luckily, she controlled her emotions well enough, otherwise she would have laughed into Vanessa's face. So only for a moment did Ingrid's questioning gaze and the fact that she raised her eyebrows. She couldn't decide for a second whether the other woman was serious or just having fun. The red-haired woman decided to believe Vanessa was serious. Once she did this to the Force Entity on Trenwyth, for a lifetime it was enough to have a mental duel with someone who wanted to possess her body.

”I’m not asking if you’re having fun because I know you don’t. However, my answer is no. Like I said, I don't take part in your games. Obviously this place is a threat, so either you destroy it, or I call AMCO AMCO here and I'll do it all with his help.”

She didn't move after the gesture, just stared at her harshly. She did this once, inexperienced, now the knowledge of that entity belonged to that woman, but here on Endor, it was a deity. She had no idea if she could win or not, and she didn’t want to know the consequences of what that might mean. She didn’t care about the power of the being, not really cared what was on the other side, in the other dimension.

”No, we're leaving. If there will be enough help on how to destroy it, we will come back.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
Vanessa crossed her arms. “Let me see if I can understand this correctly. Instead of dealing with the threat now, which I truthfully believe you can do, you desire to walk away. I have no problem with us destroying the Night Spirit, but you need to be the one to do it as this is your territory.” She said agitatedly. Without notice, the tree began to shift - the sense of one of Gorog’s siblings being in the area had stirred the long-dormant wraith of the Night Spirit into action. Suddenly a voice spoke to both of them, a voice that was neither Vanessa’s nor Ingrid’s.

A fine vessel, forged to hold my essence with the peons I have long lacked. You have done well, my servant.

Vanessa immediately tensed up as she looked at the tree, the tip of the branch nearest the duo cracking before falling off. A black ichor, not too dissimilar to that found on parts of of Vanessa’s new form, spewed from the tip, seemingly guided by an unnatural force towards Ingrid. Vanessa leapt in front, attempting to guard her erstwhile ally, only to find that the ichor in question was of a different mind, the stream splitting into numerous smaller streams that traveled around Vanessa and to Ingrid. As the ichor continued to rush to the Overlord, the tree’s leaves would wither and the tree would seem to grow less and less alive. The voice would once more be heard, only by Ingrid, as it was within her now, struggling to take control.

Surrender yourself to me and become the vessel for the goddess of this world.

Vanessa, unsure what else to do as the stream of ichor stopped coming from the now-lifeless tree, reached over and clasped the hands of Ingrid, offering the woman her power to fight back against the weakened deity.

You must fight, Ingrid! You will be lost forever to me, to your people, and to Adrian if you give in.

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

”You understand perfectly, my goal is to destroy this entity, but so far I have participated in a mental duel a total of once. I wouldn’t call that one occasion a huge experience. I like to prepare for a fight. And now I'm calling Adrian.”

She actually had several mental fights, but she fought them out of sheer willpower and as an exercise against her aunt. In fact, it was a practice to feel anytime someone was trying to get into her mind and defend herself against it. Trenwyth was completely different. She reached for her OmniLink, which was on her arm under her jacket and sleeves, when Ingrid suddenly sensed something in the Force. Something very, very familiar feeling, it was just a little different and much stronger.

”We have to get out of here now!”

Ingrid didn’t have time to explain how she felt this power on Trenwyth, it was the feeling she felt near the Force Entity, and the same feeling she felt at Bursoll II when they fought the Melding Plague. The Night Spirit belonged to the same race, or maybe it's lieutenants were the ones in those two places. It was then that she heard the voice, in addition to feeling something through the Force, she already knew that the Night Spirit, or Night Queen, was the mistress of someone who wanted to possess her body on Trenwyth.

She watched the branch break, then the ichor began to flow towards her, the red-haired woman instinctively stepping out of its way, but it just came after her. She saw the tree die completely and the ichor is everywhere, finally reaching her skin she can avoid it, through which it was absorbed almost immediately. She heard the woman's voice in her mind, the Overlord screaming in thought, through the Force-bond AMCO AMCO , but she doubted she would reach the Sith Lord, he was too far away, and the bond between the two of them was still young and weak.

~ ADRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! ~

The next moment, as last time, she was surrounded by complete darkness, sensing nothing from the outside world but infinite darkness. Eventually a female ghost figure appeared in front of the Overlord. She wasn't in a pink dress now, but she still found out who she was, thanks to those memories. She didn't know if Vanessa was trying something in the real world or not, but she didn't feel anything out of it. She felt that the other was strong, much stronger than the previous one.

”You seem strong, stubborn, and one who doesn’t know defeat and fights to the end. I already understand why my lieutenant marked you before his final destruction. It will be a pleasure to destroy you and absorb your soul so that I can possess your body.”

”You have to defeat me first, I won’t give up easily.” she said with firm conviction.

And Tharagorrogaraht didn't wait any longer, but immediately swung towards Ingrid with her clawed hands…

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
Vanessa turned swiftly after the ichor that was the essence of the Night Spirit had absorbed itself into Ingrid’s body. The woman stood static, stiff as a board with eyes open. One eye was conventional, still resembling the Ingrid she had flown to Endor with, but the other was completely black. There was not even a pupil or any distinction between parts of the eye: it was black, all light absorbed within it and not even a reflection visible.

Vanessa clasped the shoulders of Ingrid as she started into the Overlord’s blank eyes. There was neither the mind of a god nor the mind of a mortal within them - nothing controlled her body right now, a sign to the Sith Lord turned deity that a fight was going on within the woman’s psyche. Closing her eyes, Vanessa attempted to once more speak to Ingrid within the woman’s psyche.

Ingrid, I am here, but the Night Spirit is as powerful as I am. I cannot pierce her barrier to help you. But draw upon my power... Conquer this spawn of El’Shuddem and show it who rules your eternal Empire.

Hopefully Ingrid would take her offer of assistance.

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid tried to dodge, but her opponent had a speed she had never seen before. She didn't have a chance to dodge, so far she was able to dodge all her opponents, easily, but she didn't have the opportunity to move here. Night Spirit made a deep cut all over her upper body, from her right clavicle to her left hip. Since this was not the reality the dress was not torn, the wound did not bleed, but it was still very painful.

The red-haired woman fell to her knees; in reality, what she did not perceive, blood began to drip from her nose. Although she now felt that her body had been injured, in reality her brain was hit by a mental attack. And her opponent was there again and attacked again. She was now expecting speed, so she could partially dodge, but now it was as if her opponent was a little slower. The third attack didn’t arrive, at least not in physical form, but Ingrid saw the Night Spirit execute Tubrok Ragal and AMCO AMCO . That is, it wasn’t really that, but a vision that it would happen if the Night Queen won.

The red-haired woman already knew what she would feel if she lost them, but there was something different here than during the previous duel. This time she attacked, with the vibroswords. Her opponent did not move away from the attack, so Ingrid stabbed her in the abdomen. And the next moment, she and the woman fell to their knees. It felt like she was attacking herself. The woman attacked with new images that were Ingrid's deepest memories, so she shattered them with a few thoughts, such a threat had no effect on her, as her opponent realized.

”What the hell are you?!”

She couldn't answer that question, but she already knew what the other was thinking. If the woman sees into her memories, her thoughts, then Ingrid should be able to do the same. She tried. The woman immediately felt that their consciousness was really connected. It felt like the spell what Tacitus's sorcerers had made years before they had died in, but it awoke Ingrid's Force Sensitivity when that spell hit her by accident. That ritual. Suddenly she was overwhelmed by the woman’s memories, her knowledge, no “touch” was needed here and the other was an open book to the Overlord.

She searched purposefully in memories, in knowledge, and found how to have a mental duel properly. It was then that total darkness began to change and was replaced by a snowy, rocky landscape that was already much more homey to Ingrid.

”What did you do, mortal?!”

”You have betrayed yourself, thanks to you I already know how to shape the rules the way I want. We are already equal.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
Unsure of what else there really was to do, Ingrid having apparently rejected her offer of assistance in sharing her power to destroy the Night Spirit, Vanessa chose to simply stand there and take care of Ingrid’s body. Artificing a handkerchief in one of her hands, she quickly moved to clean the blood coming from Ingrid’s nostrils, it disappearing with each retraction of the handkerchief from the Overlord’s face.

“Damn it, Ingrid, I’m here to help.”

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

Background music:
Elena Siegman - Abracadavre

Knowing how to beat the Night Queen wasn’t the same as going fast. Their consciousnesses were still connected, so they saw each other's memories and abilities. That is, in fact, the two were slowly one. As for consciousness and memories. Luckily, Ingrid soon realized what the woman's goal was, specifically she wanted to melt Ingrid into herself, because otherwise she might not have been able to win.

Because they also harmed each other, they stopped simulating “physical” fighting, opting for a less spectacular fighting style instead. They both sat meditating on a frosty rock, trying to fight the other. As the minutes passed and the hours passed, because in reality a good four or five hours had passed, Ingrid felt it change. Not mentally, for some reason she was able to sense that she was changing physically in reality.

Until now, she was mostly defensive, trying to protect and defend herself, in the beginning she tried to use the tactics that AMCO AMCO would have suggested to her, run. At least she would have thought so, i.e. tried to convert herself, but failed, the Night Spirit was much better at it. So all that was left was to defend, resist and bite back with her teeth and nails. But less and less she managed to keep her opponent away from her.

In reality, Ingrid began to lose her physical shape more and more, her body became completely black in more and more places, star-like, something that smoke demons are capable of. Her open blue eyes turned bright blue, but she still couldn’t perceive anything from the outside world. That world just didn’t exist for her, just her mind. Her mind persisted, but her body had already been shaped into her own form by the Night Spirit. However, somewhat even she could not cope with the genetic anomaly.

Because of the long hours, she was getting tired, but not only because of the defense, she managed to gather the knowledge of the "goddess" for herself, to research in it, without noticing what Ingrid was doing. However, the red-haired woman could not find what she was looking for. That is, yes, but it was very risky, most likely she would die into it and lose herself for the rest of her life. And then she remembered what she should do.

”I love you both! I'm so sorry Adrian, Tubrok, but I have to try it. If I fail, I'll die, but I want to let you know, I love you both, more than anything else. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...” she whispered.

She whispered in her mind at once, but also in reality, as even a tear dripped down her face. She could still feel the pain for a moment, not because she might die, but because she was becoming. The red-haired woman looked at the Night Spirit resolutely, then swept all the disturbing thoughts and emotions that existed from her mind. Her opponent fell backwards, Ingrid didn't feel anything, even Vanessa out there could feel that this time Ingrid wasn't in perfect control of her emotions now, but all of hers were gone. Her body had changed back to its own, the darkness and shadows had disappeared.

She got up mechanically from her place, the connection between her and the Night Spirit did not break, but this time i.e. a condition in which Ingrid was in pain for the other but not for herself. Because the woman was in her own mind, which was now even faster and more efficient, the Night Spirit attacked in vain at full speed, seeming slow to Ingrid. With a mechanized, infinitely cold, precise, and calculating motion, she reached out and grabbed her throat.

”What the hell are you?!” she asked in panic.

She saw and felt the fear and dread of the Night Spirit, her opponent already knew what the Overlord was up to. Ingrid didn't answer, but instead pulled the other to herself and kissed her. It wasn’t a real kiss, of course, just a symbolism, symbolizing that the Overlord forced the Night Spirit to fully unite their minds. When that happened out there in reality, Ingrid’s body had now completely transformed into the Force Entity’s form that the Night Spirit wanted. But Tharagorrogaraht wasn't in control anymore.

Ingrid heard her scream, felt the resistance she had shown in the past few hours, but did not let her opponent flee. The scene changed, they were in the dark again, but this time it was Ingrid in the form of Force Entity and the Night Spirit in some humanoid she once could have been. The Overlord took back her own original form with a thought in her mind, but she was surrounded on all sides by shadows and darkness, coming out of it. She still didn't feel anything, knowing that the longer she stayed like this, the harder it would be for her to return.

”How?! How were you able to do that?!” she asked.

”I just did what you wanted against me.” she said, the next moment she began to feel again. ”And this because you wanted to hurt those I love!”

Clawed hands and tentacles formed from the shadows, which simultaneously slammed in the direction of the Night Spirit. The claws bit into the woman's body and tore it to pieces in a matter of moments, the entity once known as the Night Spirit or Night Queen was no more. The “dream image” broke at this moment, with a huge Dark Side eruption in the Force that could be felt by everyone on the planet who had a connection to the Force. Ingrid was again in the shape of the Force Entity, in this shape she fell to her knees; now in the night because she saw the darkness first instead of the day before.

She gasped frequently, then all the ichors of the former Night Spirit left her body after vomiting. For the time being, she was shaking her whole body, she was both familiar and unfamiliar to her, trying to restrain herself from sobbing loudly, for now she could hardly believe she was alive and managed to defeat the other. She was alone again in her consciousness, now she could feel the Force-bond, she was not alone, she was herself, at least mentally, because she did not yet know how much she had changed physically…

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
Unable to assist over the hours that Ingrid had spent battling with the wraith of the Night Spirit, Vanessa had chosen to spend the necessary time to prepare for the ritual to return the servants of the Night Spirit to the material plane. She had traveled to the site of Griagh’s death, finding the glittering amber and magenta shards of the Sunstar-Shadowstone and collecting every last piece, sifting through the sands for even dust particles as they were cumulatively gathered. A crucible had been formed and the shards placed within, melded together under immense heat and pressure to reform the ancient Endorian relic. The reforged crystal was in Vanessa’s hands now as Ingrid’s conquest of the Night Spirit had finally concluded itself, the Empress of the Eternal Empire having truly ascended to the godhood which she had deserved.

Vanessa looked at Ingrid’s new form with a mixture of happiness and dread. She was pleased, certainly, that now the power of the Night Spirit was freed from the Tree of Morag, but the dread came from her biggest worries: who was in control? The burst of Dark Side energy had knocked her to the ground as she had reached the altar where the ritual to access the portal had to occur deep in the forests of Endor, Vanessa swiftly pocketing the Sunstar as she prepared to confront whatever this new creature was.

“Ingrid? Is that you?”

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

Vanessa's voice was the first thing she heard. In any other case, she would have said immediately that yes, she is, but that was not the case now. Now it took a little longer to find out than she thought. Although she was alone in her head, that is, she felt this, she was not so sure she would say it. She began to concentrate, searching her own mind to find the truth, to find something left of the Night Spirit. Even after about a minute of searching, she came to the conclusion that she was alone.

The question of her physical condition was already completely different, and yet much simpler. Ingrid knew it was different now than it was. If she hadn’t seen before how Vanessa had become who she is now, she might have been in complete despair, but she didn’t so much. Of course, she wanted to get back her own shape and look, which she knew from the memories of the Night Spirit that she was capable of all this. And she had a practice in it thanks to the gift she had received from AMCO AMCO earlier.

But now she hasn't tried it yet. She felt that she had a much closer connection with the Force than ever before, but also that her physical changes and shape-shifting, for example, did not stem from the Force but were completely independent of it, just like what she already had. She immersed herself in these thoughts, then realized that Vanessa had asked something.

”Mentally definitely me, but physically? I'm not entirely sure. I feel like I have become different, that I have changed…”

In the Night Spirit form, at least her voice was the same as the original, it was the second reassuring thing today, after she was alone in her mind as well.

”What happened to me?”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Vanessa paused, fingering the Sunstar in her robes as she came close to the shadowy fork of Ingrid. “As you probably have seen from when we slayed the gods in Dark Illathurion, your body looks the way it does now because you have slain and absorbed the power of the Night Spirit as your own. You have transcended your mortal boundaries, Ingrid, and like myself, you now wield the power of a god.”

A god. It was the only thing Vanessa could describe it as. She was amazed by the fact that in a way relative to the pantheon that she had been attempting to create, now there were in fact two gods - the mother goddess herself, Onrai, and a new Night Queen now lived. Vanessa smiled as the recollection of this once more struck her - but business here was not yet complete. Vanessa had the reforged Sunstar and needed to use it - without it, things would not be so ergonomic.

“There is still one other thing we need to do, Ingrid.” She motioned to the stone altar a mere few meters away from them in this clearing. “We must take the Sunstar, which I reforged in the hours of your slumber, and use it to open the interdimensional gate leading to the home of the Wizards of the Night Spirit, that they may come to this world and serve you in your new form.”

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

Her people used to be superstitious and religious, and today there were those who believed in such things. Here she did not mean the entire Eternal Empire, but those who belonged to the Three Clans or descended from the Nelvaan. Ingrid, on the other hand, was more enlightened. Tubrok loved to believe in the gods, and Ingrid accepted their existence, but not as gods. Only persons with great power. Yes, she remembered exactly what had happened there, not so long ago, but she hadn't thought of Vanessa as a god.

"There are no gods, at most Force Users with great power." she said in a cold voice.

That is why she did not think of herself as going beyond mortality. To tell the truth, she hasn’t felt more, just the physical changes, no more power, or something like that. Whatever she was, it was certainly not a deity. And if she became a Force Entity, it would be very uncomfortable, awkward and embarrassing. For she was now Lord Commander, she had to work to destroy the Force. It’s not like she wants to do it until she has proof that no one is dying because of it. She disagreed with the other Warden. So this condition was very unpleasant. However, it turned out from Vanessa's words that she had planned this.

"Yes, we have one more thing to reverse this! I don’t need servants, I just want to be myself, again!"

She realized something about her words, she controlled her emotions just as she used to. No matter how much she wanted to shout this, to say angrily, she failed. Just the usual military, cold voice. Ingrid desired no power or servants. If this cannot be reversed, how will she tell Tubrok and AMCO AMCO ? They will both scold her, quite rightly. The Overlord looked at the altar for a moment, then at Vanessa again and got up from the ground. The movement was the same as before.

"So how do you reverse this? I do not accept that it is impossible."

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

“You might want to tell the Emperor of the Sith Empire that.” Vanessa knew that Kaine was not a god, but the vast majority of the Empire had deified him into a living god, an entity who lorded over the Empire with an ever-present and all-knowing dust. Of course in Kaine’s case that was enabled through his many servants and his prodigious Force ability, but still - the religious believed him a deity and such was what he was to them.

“A god does not need the Force to be all-powerful.” She said. “And that you most certainly are - that and very beautiful as well.” She responded as Ingrid realized that this was to a degree a plan of Vanessa. Vanessa had hoped Ingrid would amalgamate the power of the Night Spirit into her own, however she did not expect Gorog to seek to overwhelm Ingrid, shocked in question and disappointed at her ability to help the woman vanquish the cthonic goddess. “We need to complete the ritual. As for becoming yourself again, do as I have done: close your eyes and focus on you, on that lovely redheaded form that tantalizes Lord Prospero ever more.” In response to Ingrid’s final question, she sat the Sunstar down on the altar before looking back at the Eternal Empress.

“Ascension to godhood happens only one way. You do not lose it once you have it.” She said, slowly turning the Sunstar counterclockwise.

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

”I'll do it anytime you want. I didn’t consider my own emperor to be a god either, even though many soldiers treat him that way. Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex may be one of the most powerful living Sith who can move into a new body at any time, but that doesn’t make him a god, just a very strong Force User!”

She may pay for it with her life, but if necessary, she will tell the Sith Emperor. The fact that she did not consider the man a god did not mean that she did not acknowledge the man’s power, or even honour him. But from that she did not yet consider him a god, nor did she consider herself. She put her hands on her hips, tilting her head slightly to the side as Vanessa spoke. She shook her head at the end. They had a very different idea of the concept of divinity.

Ingrid was regularly called a goddess by Tubrok for her performance and talent in bed, but it was just a compliment and kindness in love, and she didn’t like the nickname either. To tell the truth, she had no idea what she looked like in this figure, she didn’t see the Night Spirit in its true form, only in that half skeleton, half spirit shape, and then something humanoid. Dark shadows and smoke swirled around Ingrid, who finally sighed indulgently, especially when Vanessa uttered the word “tantalizes”.

”My personality is what tantalizes Darth Prospero ever more, not my red hair. And I know exactly how the shape-shifting works, but I didn’t mean that.”

She really knew, since she had shape-shifting abilities before, thanks to AMCO AMCO , but she didn't mean it that way. She became different, she felt different and the simple shape-shifting would not help. The man voluntarily became a sithspawn, her lover changed voluntarily, Ingrid had no choice, if she didn’t, she would die. And the simple shape-shifting didn't help. Still, she began to concentrate, at least she knew how to do it. The shadows receded first, then her skin faded to pale white, her eyes took back the blue colour, and finally her hair turned red again.

”I don't know the word impossible. I always get what I want, I’m going to change myself back, if it takes decades or centuries, then so much time. Provided I can live that much time.”

Ingrid really hoped that Adrian, or her own aunt, would be able to help her with that…

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

“It’s not worth the time. I remember when he was just an avaricious young Sith. He is not a god - if he was, the empire we had twenty-odd years ago would not have been destroyed by the ineptitude of a feral Graug.” She answered. “He is in fact exactly what you described. We, on the other hand, are something much more. Parlor tricks of switching bodies are... rather simple compared to the feats we can perform. We have the ability to create entire races of beings, sentient and non-sentient. We can alter worlds, possibly even make them as well. I haven’t tried anything yet that’s too exaggerated.” She replied.

As she watched Ingrid’s features slowly return to what they were before, she finished turning the Sunstar, gazing as the ripple between realities began to be torn asunder. “You are a god. You can live forever and have power beyond any mortal alive. It is impossible for yoI. However, and I can tell you believe I orchestrated this - I had nothing to do with it. I even attempted to take the Night Spirit into myself and fight her. But she went for you because she believed you were weak and an easy enough vessel to make her own. That you proved Her wrong is a good thing.”She said, smiling. “But for now, I think it’s time you take a look at your new servants.” Vanessa pointed to the portal, now properly torn asunder as beings of unnatural shape and form, with rounded floating bodies laden with strips of their tattered garments ringing massive maws and many pernicious appendages.

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

She knew what the Night Spirit was capable of, but she was far from sure that she could do more than the Sith Emperor. No, since she knew almost nothing of what she had taken from Night Spirit. As for the physical qualities, Adrian had pretty much them as well. Regeneration, shape-shifting, superhuman properties like speed, strength (if she want), reflexes. Oh! And a longer life. All this without the Force. But she continued to stubbornly insist that these would not make her a god.

”In this, I think it is a pity to argue or continue to force. We both think completely differently about what makes someone a god.”

“To create entire races of beings, sentient and non-sentient.” A clever and talented alchemist and sorcerer were also able to do that – just like Adrian –, so she was still pretty sceptical about the whole thing. Stubbornness could actually have been her second name, so it’s unlikely that her thinking about it will change. One thing is for sure, he's not going to try that. Still, she didn’t need power, she was never corrupted by the desire for power.

”Immortality is very relative. The fact that one cannot die in old age is not equal to actual immortality. It doesn't exist.”

Stubborn, to infinity. She shook her head at the conclusion, she was really weaker than Vanessa, but that wasn't the reason.

”Not because of that, I’ve met her lieutenants twice before. With one on Orellon II, it caused the Melding Plague, with the other with Trenwyth, who wanted to possess my body there, from whom I stole countless knowledge. It marked me before its death. That's why she wanted me as a new host. And I don't need servants or servants.”

She felt like she was talking in vain because Vanessa wasn't listening to her anyway. They looked different than the ones she met, they were much more humanoids. According to them, there were others who served the Night Spirit. However, these creatures looked ridiculous. So she tried what Vanessa told her so she could create other species. She didn’t really want to create a new race, just change their look. Somehow she knew what to do and the helpless purple-yellow-looking creatures, while concentrating and casting spells for several minutes, now took on a much scarier and more terrifying appearance.

”It’s better already, but I still don’t need them, I can’t take them home.”
8FlitQY.png

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

“It is.” Vanessa replied, sighing as she watched more of the Wizards of the Night Spirit come from the portal, transmogrified into their new forms. “And I don’t like arguing with you, truthfully. As is you now have godly power, a race of servants, and one thing most important above all: that.” Vanessa pointed to the portal. “You have an interdimensional gateway that allows for direct transportation between our current plane of existence and Otherspace. This is going to be very beneficial as a step towards accessing the Prime Universe, the World Between Worlds.” Vanessa smiled - the question in particular appeared to simply be how precisely the gate was created or could be created, and whether or not it was possible to alter the dimension such a gateway was connected to.

“True immortality is achievable, and in a fashion what we both have now, Ingrid.” She said. “I haven’t even known you for a year yet - I had no idea that you had already crossed paths with the servants of Gorog before. Still, she will never bother you, and her servants now serve you.” Vanessa pondered for a moment as to what exactly could be done with the Wizards now that they were free. “Simply leave them to add to the population of Endor. They will help scare the Ewoks and Duloks, keep both races in line. Additionally you now have access to the portal in question, meaning you have a pathway to Otherspace and to a world which can be exploited and changed to your benefit - I know not what resources exist on the Wizards’ planet. And of course this.” Vanessa grasped the Sunstar, offering it to Ingrid.

“I’m not sure what else this does aside from control the Crystal, truthfully. I know it holds a great deal of power within it. Perhaps it may be useful as a lightsaber crystal, or perhaps a talisman.” She said, pausing for a bit. It was just so special and quite frankly felt so good that the pantheon she had been slowly but surely seeking to craft was coming together. She found herself smiling as the understanding of the situation began to reveal itself. “Regardless, there is so much to do. So much untapped as there has been in the past.”

un9m0l1.png
dRUm20K.png

”From the fact that I have power and these would follow me because of the Night Spirit, I will not be a god. But I think now you can see why there would be no Sith out of me. I know others would burn worlds for the power I got and I don’t want to. Not even as a Dark Side Force user.”

She repeatedly wondered if this was why Tacitus had chosen her because she never wanted power. Ingrid saw it as possible after contrasting with the Emperor in this. She looked through the creatures, which now no longer had a childish but more frightening appearance. She had no idea what to do with them unless she used them to track down the rebels here. Another issue, however, preoccupied her more.

”To which part of Otherspace does the gateway open? Based on our previous stay, that place didn’t seem like such a small pocket dimension.”

She shook her head, not believing in it that there was actual immortality. Somewhere in her mind was the knowledge of how to jump to another body, but she could practically not carry it out. Rather, she'll entrust herself to Adrian to examine the man and then believe what her fiancé is saying. She shook her head again for the next.

”I didn't know either until she told and showed me. At both sites, only Holocron or relic fragments have survived. It was not possible to find out who it belonged to. I had no idea who they were tied to, until my “duel”.”

Yet she even gave them to AMCO AMCO in the greatest secret, because the war began shortly after the events of Orellon II. Luckily, she didn’t have to give up the samples from Trenwyth and was able to easily take them to her lover. If she had known it had anything to do with this place, she certainly wouldn’t have come. She nodded, yes, it really is easiest to let them go here again, at least she didn’t have to sacrifice her soldiers in this place. She didn’t want to end up like the Galactic Empire.

”The fact that I don’t feel her right now doesn’t necessarily make it sure she won’t “harass” me. Her memories, her being are here in me. I will surely have dreams and nightmares with her for a while, just like I had with her lieutenant. Do I need sleep at all?”

Ingrid also asked this almost completely emotionlessly. She had no idea if she needed to or not. She didn’t tell Vanessa how to defeat the Night Spirit, that she almost paid for it with herself and became completely emotionless. She took over Sunstar and watched for a few moments.

”Do I feel well from Night Spirit’s knowledge that summoning these creatures is also when the gate isn’t just open, like summoning a Smoke Demon with magic, or some creature from Netherworld?”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom