Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Tef's gone. You're now the Owner of Chaos. Besides firing all of Staff, what's your first moves?

1. Take a consensus on whether or not to allow canon character pics as playbys and avatars (I personally never liked it, but understand those who do. not just clone, Death, Dark, and Stormtroopers, but like Luke Skywalker)

source.gif

it seems exaggerated to me. one of the things I wouldn't change is the name. The galaxy with all the pirates, bloodthirsty xenophobes, mad scientists etc is in the CHAOS -

Again it was just a bad attempt at Humor not to be taken seriously. I will give you all my one true answer to this scenario and there is the only one.

1. I would step down and hand the reigns to someone else. I have been on staff on almost every major star wars board that has existed up to this point (exception being Chaos).

I do no envy anyone on staff it is a difficult job and at times very stressful. You cant ever please everyone. A portion of the people will be mad or disgruntled with what you are doing at any given moment.

Basically the job sucks especially when just like everyone else you want to create and write but you have to deal with all this extra crap that sucks the life and creativity right out of you sometimes.

Institute a limit on the number of children one can have... Looking at you Darth Metus Darth Metus and Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Now for serious answers:

• Throw out the entire invasion system as is and re-write it from the ground up
  • Throw out size limitations for civilian stations (So we can sub our own Kuat)
  • Keep mechs banned, but loosen the restriction somewhat.
  • Make a giant spider mech walker to make John Locke John Locke cry <3
  • Institute anime playby month, if you don't change your avi to an anime avi, i get to pick what your avi is and you don't get to complain.
  • Delete the suggestion forum
  • A mandate that you must spay and neuter your lupines. Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner
That's all I have for now.

Institute a limit on the number of children one can have... Looking at you Darth Metus Darth Metus and Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Now for serious answers:

• Throw out the entire invasion system as is and re-write it from the ground up
  • Throw out size limitations for civilian stations (So we can sub our own Kuat)
  • Keep mechs banned, but loosen the restriction somewhat.
  • Make a giant spider mech walker to make John Locke John Locke cry <3
  • Institute anime playby month, if you don't change your avi to an anime avi, i get to pick what your avi is and you don't get to complain.
  • Delete the suggestion forum
  • A mandate that you must spay and neuter your lupines. Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner
That's all I have for now.

YOU COPIED ME!!!

(Jk loved it made me lol )

Throw out size limitations for civilian stations (So we can sub our own Kuat)

You know you can do that already that, eh?

Kuat's Drive Yards is an orbital array comprised of over ~15 or so individual stations. If you wanted to make your own version of KDY with a carbon-copied submission with a list of specialty components, just make a bunch of smaller stations and jam them together in a single Shipyard/Space Station submission via the Codex.

Easy peasy.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
I would have an event for the sole purpose of blowing mandalore to bits so we can all stop fighting over a blasted rock...

Then I'd take a long look at the suggestions forum to see what the community wants, Cherry pick the hell out of it and than act accordingly.

Have a large statue made in my honor.

Ban even replicas of canon items because fighting over copies of the darksaber is dum(Yes I'm still making my darksaber sub until someone actually does this, Sue me.)

Ban a small list of people that I don't like.

Recruit more staff(I kinda don't want to fire the existing staff but it's in the title so)

Make it a rule that your div must be legible...

Look into ways of dealing with metagaming :]

Probably make a lot of changes to the map game and invading a whole.

Die of an anxiety attack.

Come back from the dead to choose an heir.

Sweet release.

Profit.

You know you can do that already that, eh?

Kuat's Drive Yards is an orbital array comprised of over ~15 or so individual stations. If you wanted to make your own version of KDY with a carbon-copied submission with a list of specialty components, just make a bunch of smaller stations and jam them together in a single Shipyard/Space Station submission via the Codex.

Easy peasy.

Yes, it can be done that way but my point was let us just sub an orbital ring. Less work for everybody. No need for judges to approve 15 different stations etc.

That's also implying that someone wanted to make 15 different stations, which would be a considerable amount of work. That being said, you can take a shortcut and not sub 15 different stations, as each one doesn't need a list of branded component submission(s) from some company to be accepted by the Judges. That shortcut is basically linking the generic space stations from Wookieepedia and giving them a line of flavour text to give them purpose.

Again, easy peasy.

But, what gets me is that people think that these galactic wonders need to be made in the factory - when the avenue for their creation already exists in the Codex. They're magnificent lore-heavy wonders that should be given the respect they deserve, rather than being some copy-pasted list of fanon branded components, that's no different from their canon counterparts, all made to serve someone's over-inflated ego.

___​

With that said, if I was owner, I'd kibosh any civilian stations over conventional canon limitations. They're nothing more than a vanity project anyway, so might as well make the best of what you've got.

[ You need to have a SWRP : CHAOS GOLDtm ($49.99) ACCOUNT or SWRP : CHAOS PREMIUMtm ($5 per month) subscription to read this post ]

[ To reply please complete short survey or watch 30 second ad to proceed ]
For what it's worth, I would:
1. Monetize factory
2. Monetize codex
3. Monetize subaccounts
4. Retire wealthy

Based.

Okay, I change my answer: Lock all but the most basic of flairs behind bitcoin-only loot boxes, and ban anime playbys.

1. Map wipe! Map wipe! Map wipe!
2. Ban coding and weird text colors, it hurts my eyes and looks like crap on mobile.
3. Actually, let's create a mobile app for Chaos while we're at it.
4. Use my new position to make blog posts about topics unrelated to Star Wars or roleplaying and force everyone to read them no matter how long they are.
5. Die without a will, resulting in chaos on Chaos.

And of course, ban anime avatars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom