Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWTOR

The best graphics it can offer look crappy. It's a never ending grind. I once decided NOT to grind through every possible mission for extra levels so that I could move on with the story. Now, it's difficult and annoying to do the only missions available and I can't go back and do the untouched ones I left far behind because they have little to no XP gains. The in-game cut-scenes are SO BAD. I even said to myself, "That battle cruiser deserved to get destroyed. That was terrible placement." (Trooper story line) There are so many details that make me groan and I really wish they had made a KOTOR 3, not this...thing....it...."game".....

[member="Avadreia Lacroix"]

It's not a grind if you vary what you're doing. I never do only missions because that's boring. If you're looking for other ways to get experience then there's flashpoints, pvp and starfighter missions.

And the grind ends when you hit the level cap. Nowadays I spend most of my time just decorating my stronghold with cool decorations.

skin, bone, and arrogance
We're redefining the definition of "cool" I see... his stronghold is basically Blanche Devereaux's bedroom:

Screen+shot+2013-09-03+at+6.50.44+PM.png

Only without the amazing women.

[member="Avadreia Lacroix"]

shaddup you. :p

My stronghold is totally the place to be. Fully functional Imperial command center on the top floors, and a cantina and game room on the ground level.

Party on the bottom, business on the top, baby.

Macharius Solaire

M
Alright. Finally going try the game. Once its downloaded. I've brushed it off for other MMO's in the past but its high time I tried it!

Went back to this as FTP for the first time in a year. Took me almost 2 days to download the 20GB of files necessary.
Things have changed, but things remain the same.

TOR is a strange beast. It wants to have its Bioware cake, and eat the MMO goodies too. Honestly, the only reason this was made into an MMO is because a straight RPG game of this size could never be made as it wouldn’t be profitable enough. However, the result of this is that many people wanting a Single Player RPG were annoyed by the MMO elements whilst others who wanted a more traditional MMO were hampered by the story elements and lack of MMO specific content.

As a game it’s fun, but the expansions released for it haven’t been able to recreate the variety of the original campaign because of the cost overheads. It also hasn’t been able to keep the MMO crowd engaged with good end-game content.

I am tempted to level up another character, but I’d only do so if there was a double xp week to do it in.

Until fall you can play the class quests only and level your characters. As long as you are a sub the xp hammers in and its only the class story that needs attention.

It ends when you hit level 55 though.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

You need to subscribe. From there is automatic. I am not sure but I think the multiplier is somwhere around x12 xp.
Its more then enough to level.
The quick travles cooldownnis set to zero as well just so one doesnt have to run all over the same spots again.

It can be turned off if one doesnt want it.

Oh wow...I resubbed and you really can just do the class missions. It's incredible actually.

In less than 2 hours I finished Nar Shaddaa, did Tatooine and was part way through Alderaan.

Incredible, it's like having cheat mode on. Add in the 25% XP boost and you're flying.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

From my understanding it's one of those perks that subscribers get now. I don't know how long it will last, but one can hope. I still have a couple of classes that aren't maxed out yet, and 12X exp means you can run a planet in less than an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom