Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWRP Economy

I'm thinking about providing a credits/points system to SWRP, one that wouldn't be regulated heavily and would probably only affect bounties and Factory items.

You could give transfer credits to other members, or invest them in a bank. There'd be a new leaderboard.

You would earn these credits by posting in the roleplay forums. OOC posts would not count.

Lemme get some opinions.

stunned-hockey-gif.gif

If it was set up to include just the RP sections, then yes. If it's possible to randomize the amount given per post? Even better still. I'd like an unregulated way to monitor wealth. My only crux would be: what about company owners, especially the top tiers, who'd be substantially more well off than your every day person? ~ I suppose that's where the unregulated part might really come into play.

Lady Kyros said:
If it was set up to include just the RP sections, then yes. If it's possible to randomize the amount given per post? Even better still. I'd like an unregulated way to monitor wealth. My only crux would be: what about company owners, especially the top tiers, who'd be substantially more well off than your every day person? ~ I suppose that's where the unregulated part might really come into play.
When the hypothetical economy starts, everyone would be on the same level. Company owners would have a lot of stock already set to sale, though.

I don't hope this was inspiried by my question I made in my introduction post! D:

Now, I know that I'm a new member and often our opinions shouldn't really be shared as we still are getting to know how the server works. But I've played on another roleplay server for over two years and saw how initiatives, otherwise cool, matching the style of this, gradually changed the way of the server to become a more elite striving place.

If you put this in place you should keep in mind that some people will start to compete over these things. And people will also start to question what they can buy and what they can't buy.

All in all it will add realism. But it will decrease roleplay originality, creativity and also roleplay freedom.

It's not good, it's not bad. But it questions the values this server provides and stands for.

Same with random pirating activities. Yes Aedan has "Given" it up openly but there is always the chance he will break out an alias or something to do his dirty work to get him credits. I have always liked that Idea.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I mean, that -is- the point about being owner of a top-tier company, ain't it? Being better off than your average Joe? Wealth ain't unlimited, some people have to have less so some people have more.

Jen said:
I don't hope this was inspiried by my question I made in my introduction post! D:

Now, I know that I'm a new member and often our opinions shouldn't really be shared as we still are getting to know how the server works. But I've played on another roleplay server for over two years and saw how initiatives, otherwise cool, matching the style of this, gradually changed the way of the server to become a more elite striving place.

If you put this in place you should keep in mind that some people will start to compete over these things. And people will also start to question what they can buy and what they can't buy.

All in all it will add realism. But it will decrease roleplay originality, creativity and possibly also freedom.

It's not good, it's not bad. But it questions the values this server provides and stands for.
This is mostly understood, but SWRP already revels in competition via the map game.

However, I strongly doubt credits will hinder creativity. Capitalism certainly didn't kill America.

But as with all things, if it doesn't work, I'll take it out back and shoot it.

Something people can do right now is make submissions for the currency of their faction (or just page, but apparently a Factory submission is the go to way to make something permanent). Such a submission can describe whether or not a Faction accepts currency from another faction. Thus, it already creates instances where someone that's rich in the Republic can't buy things with Republic Standard Credits in a place such as the Black Sun.

Another option is for Factions to create tiered list of popular professions on their site. For the Republic, an example would be a Jedi earning nothing, while Junior Politicians might make enough to have a decent living but can't really go about bribing people or buying luxury vehicles, while a Senior Politician is rolling in the equivalent of 6 figures and more for Star Wars. These tier lists can be applied to other factions to describe the differences in the quality of life of a Novice Bounty Hunter and a Veteran Bounty Hunter with the determining factor in what makes one a Veteran Bounty Hunter being how many bounties one has done.

Screw Yoda's little saying: trying is the best course of action for most things. I think it will give a new layer of fun for those who enjoy the competitive side of site-numbers, such as posts/likes etc. And it won't really hinder those who don't enjoy it. I've been at a site almost as large as this which ran on the same system, and it worked well. Basically equated to work for what you want, gave people a set goal in mind. Thus I like it.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I love the idea but it kinda clashes with major corporations, and government factions, doesn't it? They'd have theoretical billions in some instances.

Edit: Never mind, missed that this was already asked.

Daella Apparine said:
Something people can do right now is make submissions for the currency of their faction (or just page, but apparently a Factory submission is the go to way to make something permanent). Such a submission can describe whether or not a Faction accepts currency from another faction. Thus, it already creates instances where someone that's rich in the Republic can't buy things with Republic Standard Credits in a place such as the Black Sun.

Another option is for Factions to create tiered list of popular professions on their site. For the Republic, an example would be a Jedi earning nothing, while Junior Politicians might make enough to have a decent living but can't really go about bribing people or buying luxury vehicles, while a Senior Politician is rolling in the equivalent of 6 figures and more for Star Wars. These tier lists can be applied to other factions to describe the differences in the quality of life of a Novice Bounty Hunter and a Veteran Bounty Hunter with the determining factor in what makes one a Veteran Bounty Hunter being how many bounties one has done.
I'm talking about introducing a new mod, not creating rule sets for currencies. That's too hard to keep track of. : http://emoneycodes.com/forums/index.php?app=ibEconomy

Tefka said:
I'm talking about introducing a new mod, not creating rule sets for currencies. That's too hard to keep track of. : http://emoneycodes.c...p?app=ibEconomy
I assumed you were, just giving ideas for what Factions can do now if they wanted to create an "economy."

Nyxie

【夢狐】
As long as we, as company and corporation owners can set the prices we want to retail this for, can set discount options for things such as the SSBE and have individually regulated starting stock options, I fully support a Money Mod! I've used them in the past for a Gundam site back in the day and they fill the desired role nicely in most aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom