Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprise!

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

"When my parents got married. They did it in a quiet ceremony. Almost like they were hiding it. Probably one of the reasons they didn't work out." He leans back in his chair. "I am glad that the order has changed. I couldn't live like a monk. I don't have that kind of discipline" he says with a wink.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"There is nothing wrong with a private and quiet ceremony. It would be more intimate without so many eyes on you. I don't think that their ceremony was the reason they didn't work. There are probably reasons you don't even realize."

Leori chuckled. "It's not about living like a monk. It's about prioritizing. I have always put healing first. The Order, second. Everything else hasn't been a priority. Now, I think that's beginning to change, because I am tired."

"Probably..I was so young when they divorced." He nods. "Prioritizing is good. Why are tired? Are you wanting more out of life? Maybe children." He knew that women start talking about their clock ticking."

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"I am tired because I have spent years traveling the galaxy to heal the citizens. And I think I am wanting more out of life. I don't know about children though. I hadn't really thought about it. But I do want to relax more often."

Leori hadn't realized until just then that it had been twenty years since she'd been intimate with anyone. And now that he mentioned it, she was doing the math. If she wanted a child, or two, or few, she would have to get on that very soon. Well, she had something new to meditate on.

"I'm willing to bet that you have forgetten how to relax. You have been so busy taking care of everyone else that you forgot about yourself." Hawk knew how to have fun. Too much fun. Sometimes he would get into trouble. He was willing to show her how to have fun again.

"Good. I'm willing to help you rediscover fun. Ready for more dance or would you prefer a stroll through the park." The park Hawk was talking about was between the Temple and the Senate. It wasn't very large but it had beautiful water fountains. It was a nice place to reflected.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Leori looked as though she was considering it. But she already had made up her mind. "Dance."

The park was somewhere she would normally go. The idea of the evening was to do something different. The Jedi Master got up from the table and headed off toward the dance floor once more. She needed a distraction from her thoughts.

"Dance it is." He stood up and followed her to the dance floor. The music was loud and fast. He dances along with her. He couldn't help but admire her curve as she moved. "What else do you like to do? Do you like plays, movies, or mini golf?"

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed a couple of bounty hunters enter the place. He hoped that they weren't looking for him. Like most smugglers, sometimes runs don't go as plan.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

She was at the point where she had to yell. "I like holo films. I haven't been to a play in a long time." Mini golf? What was that?

Her gaze followed his as he watched a couple of beings entered the establishment. And she turned back to Hawk. "Are those friends of yours?"

Hawk could barely hear Leori over the music. He move closer to whisper in her ear. "Not friends but I know of them. They are bounty hunters. We should leave." He didn't want her to have to deal with them.

It was too late. They were approached. "Hey bird man. Who the pretty girl?" Says a large man with a snake tat on his arm. Hawk slide an arm around Leori waist.

"Hi Snake." He says with a fake smile.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Leori furrowed her brow when he told her their profession. The Jedi Master would have to deal with them. She could already feel it. First, feel them out.

"The pretty girl is Jedi Master Leori Sheltrak. And you must be...Snake. Tell me, is there something that we can do for you?"

Snake leers at Leori. His eyes traces every curve. "Bird man, has an appointment that he needs to keep with an old friend." The other man circle around so that he was behind Hawk and Leori.

Hawk frowns. "I settle that already." Snakes chuckles. "The old man doesn't think so. Let's play nice and pretty Leori doesn't get hurt. It time to go Bird." Snake knew Hawk name. He just like to annoy people.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Leori was not pleased to hear that this particular encounter was about money. Time to end the conversation. The Jedi Master used the Force to grip Snake by the neck and lift him off the ground. Just to intimidate him, she spoke to him in his mind.

~You will leave now and tell your employer to check his records again. The debt has been settled.~

"Do we have an accord?" Leori asked Snake.

While Leori was dealing with Snake, Hawk sense that the man behind them was about to shoot. Hawk ignites his blade and spins around slicing the blaster nozzle off. "Your a Jedi?!" He exclaim. The old man hadn't told them that.

Snake was taken by surprised when Leori force grip by the neck and lifted him up. His hands go to his neck. He was able to breath. He was just panicking. Now he heard a voice in his head. Frakking Jedi.

"Yes." He says his voice a bit strained.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Leori smiled. "Excellent." She set Snake back down on the floor. "Now take your associates and yourself out of here."

When they left, she frowned a little at Hawk. "I think there were other ways to deal with the weapon than drawing another in front of so many by standers. A Force pull would have done just fine."

But that was the end of that. She was not his master after all. Back to dancing.

The men glared a Hawk and Leori as they leave the bar. They will deal with Solo later.

Hawk raises an eyebrow at Leori at her comment as switches off the saber and slips it back in his jacket pocket. "Probably a force pull would have been better if he wasn't about to shoot. The saber was there to deflect it." He say explaining his action. "Did you have to grip him by the neck? To a lot of people that look like a force choke." He says quietly to her as they begin to dance.

He knew that he shouldn't question a Master about how they do thing. "Everyone response differently in crisis"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"But consider where the bolt would have been deflected to." She gestured to the room full of people. "I gripped him by the neck to keep his hands busy. It is a panic response to try and free yourself when you're grabbed at the throat. It kept him from reaching for a blaster. He was not hurt nor did I choke him. If I was choking him, his face would have showed more than surprise."

Leori was back to dancing with him. "It is true that everyone responds differently. But, you need to be smart. The Jedi are supposed to protect the people. Putting them in danger does not fall in that category. No one was hurt, so no harm done. It was merely a suggestion to be more mindful of your surroundings."

"All right, you do have a point. I should be more aware of my surrounding. My plan was to deflect it back at him. It is possible my aim could have been off and someone innocent could have gotten hurt." He knew when to admit he was wrong.

Hawk sighs. "The sad thing is I know it isn't over. The old man will just send better bounty hunters next time. I swear I don't owe him anything. It just a misunderstanding." He felt he should try and explain to Leori what was going on now that she was involved.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Leori nodded in agreement. "Do you want to pay him a visit to clear things up?" She tilted her head slightly so that she'd be able to hear his response over the music. She was still dancing, with renewed energy from both the meal and their encounter just moments before. Good thing she didn't have any trouble sleeping, otherwise she might be up for days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom