Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Starbird Rising | Galactic Alliance

(Page claim ftw)

After her talk with Iris Arani Iris Arani Ara was feeling a lot better. The whole debacle had given her a wealth of experience, helped her to truly understand the Jedi code. Emotion, yet peace. She was hurt, she felt betrayed and distraught... but she could get over it. All it took was time and acceptance. Wounds would heal, all she had to do was keep working on herself and move on. And it had been working wonders. She was back in action, training and working on her connection with the Force, playing guitar and sacrificing podracing time for time in the archives... though she did sneak a book about podracing in when she got the time.

Another part of getting better was not hiding in her room all the time, going out and spending time with people. And with Iris apparently wearing a dress, she needed to be at the party to see that spectacle. As she emerged from her room, she studied her own choice of outfit. Jeans, boots, rock T-shirt, and her old gang jacket. Her lightsaber was tucked neatly inside her leather jacket along with her datapad. With a satisfied nod and a smile, Ara Sheridan marched on. "Haters gonna hate..." She muttered to herself.

Upon reaching the party, she blinked at the amount of people there. Iris wasn't kidding when she said it was a massive event. Easing into the flow of the crowd, Ara weaved through to get to the bar... or drinks table... she needed to find a source of liquid courage as soon as possible if she was going to survive a party like this. "Yo, anybody seen Iris around?" She asked a nearby group, only to receive a shake of their heads. "Crap." She muttered, continuing on until she found the bar.

"Yo, got any beer?" She asked, receiving another shake of their head. With a groan she studied the options. "What's that? Cider? Yeah gimme that." Finally with a drink in hand, Ara continued on to find her friend as she sipped at her drink.

Kyell Laysel Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Gala
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kohlhaase Gotthard, Others…

Jasper was relieved to hear that Master Noble was willing to talk, as well as that the old Senator didn’t mind. He also called her Senator Noble for some reason, but Jasper simply assumed it was an elaborate joke and didn’t think much more of it. As they left the strange old senator, Jasper scratched the back of his head nervously.

“Master Noble,” he began, “I don’t feel so good about all of this… I’ve never been to anything this big in my life. B-but I’m sure you have, so I was hoping maybe you could give me some advice?”

Jasper paused for a moment. He should’ve thought that one out more, but at least he had managed to say what he was thinking. That was a definite improvement.

“I don’t know if I’m cut out for all of this,” Jasper admitted, “But I gotta try, right?”

C E L E B R A T E
GADivider-Purple.png
oW5IRg0.png
Outfit: xxx
Hollis blushed, too. She took the flower and held it to her nose for a moment, taking in the wonderfully sweet fragance. Carefully she placed blossom behind her ear, where it would sit among her brunette locks – like she'd planned for it all along.

There were butterflies in her stomach, but she wasn't nervous. Not exactly. It was more excitement and anticipation and being there with someone she really, really liked. She cast a sidelong glance at Justice and smiled as they started off to the gala.

"The temple looks amazing," she commented as they went.

It really did. Hollis hadn't seen the 'old' temple, but the renovations had been done very well. Seeing it lit up was nice, and seeing all of the people was even nicer. At first, it was basically a sea of faces, but Justice soon pointed out his Uncle Judah at the bar. Hollis chuckled and squinted at the clean-shaven face, very different from the one she'd met before. "He looks nice," she said, nodding.

Then, Justice asked if she knew anyone here. "Let's see," she said, and bit her lower lip a little as she searched the crowd. "Oh! There's Kyell!" she said, and aimed an enthusiastic wave in Kyell Laysel 's direction. "I don't know the woman he's with though, but she's... lovely." They looked nice together, Hollis thought with a smile. "Kyell helped me when I first arrived here."

And there was Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , too. Hollis also waved, but she didn't really expect him to see... not with the crowd around him. "I met him before, too," Hollis said, motioning towards the Senator. "At a tea festival..." She let out a bit of an embarrassed chuckle. "I had, uh, fallen out of a tree...but that's a story for another time."

Banner_1_coruscant.png

GAPostBreaker.png
Coruscant had been Dracken's home for several years now as Senator for Corellia. It was a role that he'd once thought himself well and poorly equipped for but here he stood, half a decade later as Vice-Chancellor. It still didn't feel right somehow. He couldn't tell if it was the Force or just his ego that tugged at him to be among the stars. Less and less time was spent with the men of the Kyprin Renegades as they patrolled Alliance space looking for Maw incursions and dangerous smugglers. It seemed that his time as an Admiral and as a General really were over. He sighed and fixed his collar. The Jedi had allowed the Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor space to prepare for the event. Just outside, two senate guards and a Halcyon commando stood guard as his staff bustled around like a swarm of wasp-worms.

h0sP3LL.gif

He rubbed his chin, shaved and smooth for the first time in a long time. He forgot who had convinced him to shave for the holo-cameras, but one thing was for sure- he was growing the beard back. His door dinged and a tall Quarth woman stepped through the sliding doors. In her heels, she stood about an inch taller than himself. Her pale green skin had taken a darker shade since the last time he saw her and the black of her hair strands saw more than a touch of grey. Their eyes met and the woman's lips curled into a smile, her arms open wide.

"Vice-Chancellor Starseeker," Dracken said with surprise and embraced the older woman. "What are you doing here?" Her arms wrapped around Pryce for a moment before she stepped away from the hug and placed a hand on his pauldroned shoulder.

"I thought it would be very nice to see what the architects had done to restore the Temple and since I was sent an invitation to the festivities I thought I would part some wisdom onto the next Vice-Chancellor." She took a seat in one of the chairs by the window overlooking the Temple District. Even outside there were vibrant colors and an air of celebration. Coruscant was truly happy to have the Jedi back home.

"Diktat Yularen regrets that he could not make it himself," she started, "But he is very busy with his own election coming up as I'm sure you now well understand." Pryce chuckled and took a seat. Lisza Starseeker, first Vice-Chacnellor of the Galactic Alliance and a fellow Corellian, she had sacrificed much to put Corellia in the position it was now demanding its independence from a crumbling Republic, keeping the people hopeful under a Sith Occupation, and driving the Confederation to become a part of something greater. Though she had zero military experience she was an inspirational leader to Pryce, though they talked infrequently.

"The Alliance is not always a pretty picture to look at," she said, her eyes becoming somber and distant, "As the Vice-Chancellor you will have the opportunity to see much of the ugliness of our nation. But you will also be in the most powerful position to do good and make change for the better." Pryce settled into his seat some more.

"Those ugly people can be dangerous though. And so my advice to you would be to be an irritation. Be an irritation and there is a good chance they'll miss what you're really doing." She smiled and the door dinged again before Pryce could ask any questions and this time a small Pantoran woman entered holding a datapad.

"Oh- I'm sorry Madam Vice-Chancellor, I didn't-"

"Don't worry your pretty little head, I was just leaving to return to the drinks. I heard they have Port In a Storm on hand. I don't know what sort of functions the new Chancellor is starting with this but I can't let the chance slip by. Pamarthe has been rather dangerous of late and I fear I'll never get another chance." She stood, her long legs unfolding like some giant walker droid. Before she left the room she turned.

"Remember what I said tonight, Vice-Chancellor." And she was gone. The Pantoran looked from the door to Dracken and hurried over.

"Vice-Chancellor, your speech notes." He nodded.

"Thank you Patrona. How much time do I have?"

"About ten minutes. Then they'll be calling for attention."

Those ten minutes passed quickly. He could hear the first few notes of the Alliance anthem being played as he was ushered through the halls of the Jedi Temple. The light was what hit him first, then the number of people, and finally the number of Jedi. It brought a smile to his face to see this many Jedi back on Coruscant. He wondered how their numbers had grown but for now he stepped up to the podium as the attentions of the guests wandered towards him, the anthem blaring from the live orchestra.

"Thank you all for coming here tonight," Dracken started. "I am so glad that tonight will be the first night I meet some of you. When I was in the military serving the Alliance as an Admiral during the Sith-Imperial Civil War, most of the time I was meeting someone new it was because something had gone wrong somewhere on the Frontlines. Early in my career as a senator it was because something had gone wrong in the office. And when I met my beautiful wife, it was beneath the burning shipyards of Fondor." He paused. "So I haven't had the luxury of meeting many great people under circumstances as joyous as this."

"The re-opening of the Coruscant Jedi Temple is a symbol, not unlike the lightsabers so many of our guests carry into danger. It is a beacon of light that shines through the darkness of the Galaxy and lets the people know they are protected. But very much again like the lightsabers our Guardians, it cannot shine without its Kyber heart. You,"
he said, opening his arms and gesturing to the crowd of Jedi, "Are that Kyber heart and without you the building was simply a piece of history. Now once again it lets our enemies know that the Sentinels of the Galaxy cannot be cowed. It tells the people that should they need, Councilors can be trusted advisors. And most of all, it is a home for a new generation of Jedi to grow and flourish."

"The Alliance faces many enemies. Jedha. Xa Fel. Empress Teta."

"Even here at Coruscant, the Brotherhood of the Maw left a trail of carnage through the Core as they drove toward their ultimate objectives - the Jedi homeworld of Tython. The marauders assailed the holy world from orbit and on the surface, conducting a dark ritual to remake the galaxy in the image of the Sith’ari, Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis . The surface of Tython was scarred by falling shads from the Ashla moon, Darkside seismic activity and a rend in reality.

Yet the tide turned in favor of the Light. Tython - foreseen by Darth Solipsis as a Shatterpoint to finally bring down to forces of light - has become a Balance Point, an opportunity for a united galaxy to push back against the Darkness of the Brotherhood and avenge the fallen.

Balance is returning to the Force. And we will not stop until the scars the Maw have left us are healed. "

"Today though, I have," he checked the list, "Quite a few awards for the brave sentient beings who fought to protect Light and Life at the Battle of Tython." He cleared his throat and began to rattle off awards and promotions.

By order of Central Command, the following Galactic Alliance Defence Force personnel are promoted effective immediately:

The Medal of Freedom is awarded directly by the Chancellor of the Alliance to those individuals who have made great sacrifices for the Alliance. The individuals who bear this distinction have given their greatest efforts to advance the ideals of the Alliance and ensure freedom.
jbBC7D.jpg

The Skywalker Order of Merit is awarded to those who have shown extraordinary acts of valor in the field of battle. Named for Luke Skywalker, who helped save the galaxy from the more dire moments of despair, and Leia Organa Skywalker who distinguished herself as a heroic leader of the fight against the Brotherhood of The Maw.
jbBnJF.jpg

The Golden Starbird was one of the first great distinctions awarded by the Alliance to individuals who have performed heroic service in the battle against the darkness. This medal is named for the seal of the Alliance which represents the ideals of the faction.
jbBX5P.jpg

The Signet of Fidelity is awarded to those allied forces who have served valiantly in defense of the ideal of the Alliance. These individuals prove that even the greatest of differences can be overcome by a common commitment.
Signet_of_Fidelity.JPG

And last, but certainly not least, the Star of Coruscant is a special distinction and one of the highest honors of the Alliance, given to a member of the faction who paid the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our people.
jbB6Ad.jpg

Last edited:
<Huh?>

Miri, not one for large gatherings, was distracted by the sheer amount of guests in attendance. The halls of the Temple were jam-packed with people, the majority of them total strangers to her.

<Oh.> She glanced down at her dress as if she had forgotten what it looked like. It was a purple velvet gown with gold embroidery. Probably a little too dressy for the gala, but it was one of the few that she had, so she tended to wear it to all formal occasions. <Well, thank you.>

Turning to Kyell, she admired the sight of him in a formal suit for the tenth time that night. <You look rather dashing yourself.>

She smiled at his question, her gaze growing mischievous. <Do they serve alcohol at the Jedi Temple, or will it just be soft drinks that look like champagne and such?> Despite her teasing, she’d actually prefer the latter. She was a lightweight and would get tipsy after only one drink.

<I don’t think I know anybody here, so I suppose you’ll have to introduce me.> Or maybe not, since he couldn’t speak. Between Kyell’s muteness and Miri’s shyness, the pair were likely doomed to be wallflowers. But that was fine by her. She was in good company.

Kai was going to show up just long enough to receive his second Golden Starbird, then head to bed. But given the level of noise in the Temple and the size of the party, it looked like he wouldn't be getting any shut eye even if he did leave early.

So he wandered around, his new medal in his hand, not really sure what to do with himself. There were a lot of people he didn't know, and a lot of people he did know, but the ones he knew all seemed preoccupied. Kai didn't know how to mingle, so he just stood there in the formal robes an old friend had woven for him, feeling like an idiot.

That is, until he spotted Iris and Corin. They were standing together, talking in a friendly way. Kai's eyes narrowed, and he was about to walk over there... but he couldn't get his feet to move. He imagined the look of disappointment on Iris' face if he antagonized Corin again, how it would spoil things. After all, if they were enjoying themselves, who was he to interrupt them?

Staring down at the Starbird, then back up at the two of them, he sighed. Maybe he'd sneak a drink, then spend the night in his ship. At least it would be quiet there.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Objective: Celebrate & Mingle
Outfit: X
Tags: Open to Interact​

Last time Kara took part in a party like this, she had a partner in crime and they were seeking out targets to swindle. It was easy enough to dress the part, imitate an invitation and get inside. From there it became a matter of finding the right targets, then let the sweet and honeyed words flow.

That already felt like a lifetime ago. Now she was here in an official capacity, as a Jedi of all things. If someone had told her this would be her future, she would’ve laughed and told them to kark off. But as her luck would have it, here she was. On the complete opposite side to where she was mere months ago.

Soon as she had arrived at the rebuilt Temple, Kara had made a beeline for the bar. It was a familiar spot for her, no matter the venue or occasion. Although, she hoped there would be no repeats of the last time she was at a bar. Though the irony did amuse the blonde, given it was the reason she wound up getting the attention of the New Jedi Order.

Waving the bartender over, Kara ordered her drink and settled against the bar’s countertop. She looked around at those gathered, the impressive large crowd that had formed. A mix of civilians, government officials, politicians, Jedi, etcetera. Kara might not have been a part of the Order for too long, but she knew this moment was important for them, and the Galactic Alliance as a whole.

The reconstructed Temple was a sign of the New Jedi Order’s commitment, that no matter how many times their enemies might knock them down, they’ll always rise back up. It had been a trying time for both the Order and the Alliance, the ground beneath them shaky, manipulated by forces they were obscured to until it was too late.

But as history would have it, strife and desperate times often brought people together, under the banner of unity.

Two older gentlemen approached the bar, Judah Lesan Judah Lesan and Zeke Dystra, the latter following shortly after. The first man was someone who had clearly just shaved, and seemed like he’d rather not be here right now. The second was a soldier, Kara could see that right away in how he walked. But she didn’t recognize either…although the former did have an odd familiarity to him. Something about his face reminded her of someone…

Kara looked away as the two men struck up a conversation, instead she opted to see if she could identify anyone in the crowd.

Valery Noble Valery Noble was easy enough to spot, and there seemed to be a rather frantic brunette talking to at present. And if what she had learned was true, said young woman was none other than the artistic troublemaker Iris Arani Iris Arani .

The only other person she really recognized was Justice Lesan Justice Lesan , catching sight of him as he entered, with a young woman at his side. Ahh, so that must be Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn then.

Her name might’ve popped up once or twice during her first run in with Justice on the Prosperity. Sprinkled amongst conversations about the Bogan Archive, Jedi knowledge, and what could be still out in the galaxy lost and undiscovered.

Kara’s sightseeing was interrupted by Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce taking to the stage. The main event as it were, as the Vice-Chancellor spoke of recent events, and presented medals to those who had fought valiantly in the name of the Galactic Alliance. She clapped where appropriate, watching as the recipients received their medals. She even spotted another familiar face in Arlo Renard Arlo Renard .

Banner_1_coruscant.png

ECLIPSE
JEDI TEMPLE | CORUSCANT
TAG: Open | Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan | @the rest of y'all(too many tags - I'm lazy)

zheadiv.png

banner.png

MY COUNTRY

It was bittersweet.

Taking back Empress Teta. It was good to give the planet its freedom again. But the war in itself was weighing down hard on her. But at least the opening of the new Temple was a symbol of hope.

A spark of light in a very dark time.

Zhea stood in the vast, crowded area, a glass of sparkling water in hand as she watched the senators, Padawans, Masters and military personnel mingle, though she sensed some tension from the younger ones in the room.

But a hush fell over the crowd as the new Vice-chancellor gave long-winded speech of the victories and awards of engagements. On one side, she could understand the need to do it. On the other, it didn't sit right with the Jedi Knight that awards were given for violence. But she knew where the Maw was concerned, there was no other way to reason. It was a Catch 22.

It was good to recognise those that have fought in an engagement against the Maw, but what of those that have fallen? All those number infinities that have given their lives to protect a place or planet? All those bodies that could not be returned. What of them?

Quietly, she raised her glass slightly to those unnamables.

It was only when the applause died down and people went back to chatting, that she sensed someone that was agitated below the surface flitting about. Aqua eyes scanned the room until they fell on a Zabrak Padawan she had seen around at times, at the drinks table. Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan if she remembered right.
This should be interesting, she thought.

It was worth watching to see what happened at least.

Kyell Laysel

K

Date Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
Pls-don't-kill-me Tag: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

<You look rather dashing yourself.>

He smirked and began to look around for where they could get something to drink. The bar was quickly spotted, and with all these non-Jedi being here, it was only logical to assume there would be plenty of alcoholic drinks as well. <I'm sure they have everything, but take it easy... or I'll have to carry you back home by the end of the night,> he teased back.

Kyell then offered his arm for her to take, and slowly walked through the hall, allowing him to get an idea of who was present. Only when Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce addressed everybody for the awards and promotions, he'd pause to listen.

<I'm afraid I don't know a lot of people here eith- Oh hey, that's Hollis.> He looked in Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn 's direction and caught her waving, so he waved in return and smiled. <I met her shortly before the journey to Odryn and helped her out a little because she was new to the Temple,> Kyell clarified.

His eyes then continued to scan the rest of the room, his body language calm... until he spotted someone. All of a sudden, she could feel him tense up, and his eyes widened briefly as they noticed Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan up ahead. She hadn't spotted him, and perhaps it was for the best she wouldn't. The last time they saw each other, Ara shot him six times with a low power setting.

<Maybe we should dance? We'll get drinks and meet people later...> An unusual request, given the fact he was never much into dancing.

Ara was looking all over the place for her friend, though she had to turn back when her drink ran out. It was an odd drink, too. It didn't taste like cider, way more bitter and fizzy, though the long and elegant glass was growing on her so she didn't complain. It was alcohol, that was all that mattered.

She halted when the Alliance anthem started to play, turning to look at the guy making his speech. She couldn't remember who he was, though she had seen him around in articles and stuff. With respect she listened to him as she idly sipped at her super fizzy drink. When Master Valery's name was announced, she brought two fingers two her mouth and let loose with a celebratory whistle before she continued on with her search.

It felt like she was hacking her way through a jungle of tall people as she squeezed and scooted past everyone around her. She had to duck out of the way to dodge a waiter, masterfully placing her empty glass on the tray while grabbing a full one. It made her wonder what kind of food there was around the place. But as she spun back around, she crashed into a very well-dressed man and his date for the evening. "Ah kriff, sorry I didn't-" When she looked up, her heart ran cold as her eyes went wide. She didn't move a muscle for a good second or two as she stared up at Kyell. Only when her gaze shifted to his date, did a scowl come forth.

"Nope!" She threw her head back and emptied the terrible drink down her throat. "Nope, not doing it. Kark you and goodbye!" She grumbled as she shoved her glass against him and stomped past the two of them, fuming and cursing all the way as she went to get another drink.

She was going to need something a lot stronger than super funky cider.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok Kyell Laysel

The forced warmth from Alicio hit her like smoke from a burned dinner, with all the disappointment incurred. Inanna stood very still, wishing she hadn't walked over here. She could feel people staring. Or maybe they weren’t staring, and she was just imagining things. After all, the problems of two little people didn’t matter to the majority of the galaxy, let alone the guests at the gala.

But Alicio wasn’t so little anymore. He was a senator.

With all the extra responsibilities of being a senator, will you still have time for your refugee relief work?” she asked.

Then he made a vague statement. No doubt he was trying to be tactful, but it only seemed to annoy Inanna. This was a conversation probably better had in private, but that seemed an impossibility now. He no longer had time for her.

I see,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest. “In that case, I’m happy for you both. And don’t worry, I have no hard feelings whatsoever—I could never be with a man who only agreed to go on a date with me out of pity.” The words were out of her mouth before she could think twice, and now that she was on a roll, there was no stopping her. “There’s just one thing I’m left wondering about, if you wouldn’t mind satisfying my curiosity. The timing is rather close, you must admit. So… did you set us in competition against each other, like betting on racing horses?

<Well, maybe I like being carried around.>

She glanced over in the direction Kyell indicated, toward Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn , and joined Kyell in waving to her. But soon afterwards, he grew noticeably tense and suddenly suggested they dance rather than drink.

Miri knew something was up, but she let him pull her toward the dancefloor. She was hoping for an explanation once they were—

Someone bumped into them. Miri turned and found herself face to face with a young Zabrak woman, casually dressed in jeans, jacket, and t-shirt. She started to apologize, then her eyes widened once she saw who they were, before her expression quickly turned sour. An utterly confused Miri could only stare as the woman exclaimed something, downed the contents of her drink, then thrust the empty glass at Kyell’s chest.

She caught the cup before it could fall to the floor, then turned to Kyell with a raised eyebrow.

I was going to ask you what was wrong, but I think I have my answer. Care to elaborate?

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh a lot of people came.

Iris blinked in surprise, glancing through the group. Most were familiar, oddly enough. Or maybe that wasn't so odd? Were they just gravitating to the people they knew? That was fine, at first. Such a flurry of colors around was already too much for her to piece through and figure out if there were anyone else she knew. At least until a different color came in. Hurt. Anger.

The Padawan blinked in a stunned silence as she listened to the strange woman speak. To Amani. Alicio.

She just glanced to the two, too bewildered to even know how to react.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

The last time Gabe had seen this many people in the Jedi Temple had been at the Life Day celebration the year the Temple was destroyed. Back then Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor was playing the role of babysitter. Now? He didn't know where she was but he had a pretty good idea. Shoulder deep in one of the open bars with the other soldiers or older guests. He didn't see his mother or sister arrive but he'd had a brief chat with his father before the new Vice-Chancellor had been shuffled away by Senate guards who didn't realize Gabe was his son.

Wandering the crowd after the first speech he snagged a meiloorun from one of the trays and munched idly as he made his way to one of the upper levels to people watch. The crowd was so thick with sentients that it was difficult to get through the crowd without bumping into a few people.

"Sorry. Excuse me. Pardon," The apologies came in a stream as he ducked and bowed at every new senator or military officer he bumped into. When he finally fought through the throng of dignitaries and the stairs were in sight something caught his eye moving back towards the crowd. Curious he turned and-

Something tugged in his chest. He felt his eyes widen in surprise as his legs started moving. Soon he was walking beside her. She was a few inches taller than him, likely because of the Atrisian-style flip-flop things she was wearing. Her white hair was set up in a bun which looked about as traditional Atrisian as the rest of her outfit. The one thing, besides her vibrant pink skin, that set her apart from other Atrisian dignitaries he'd seen was the silvery tube of metal at her hip.

"Where'd an Atrisian princess get a lightsaber?" His eyes exploded as soon as he realized what he'd said. What he had meant to say was, "Where did an Atrisian dignitary get a lightsaber. He wanted to melt away into Coronet Bay.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Jedi Temple, Corsucant
Attending GA Galla with Revenant Squadron
Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne | Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame | Leon Gallo Leon Gallo | Shar Sieu Shar Sieu | Kelly T. Perris | Open

STARBIRD RISING

div-orange.png

Addison arrived at the Gala just when Vice Chancellor Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce was finishing his speech and announcing awards.

Gah... I'm late again! the young Porte admonished herself as she stepped off the turbolift and strolled into the event room of the newly reconstructed Jedi temple, which was hosting the Galactic Alliance Gala and Awards Ceremony.

This was twice now in a short space of time Addison had been tardy to an important event. What was up with this?! Time management was never a problem before. Maybe the delusions of grandeur were mucking with the Jedi-turned starfighter pilot's inner workings now that she was part of an elite squadron for the GADF. Who knew, but it bothered her nonetheless. Anyhoo, at least she had made it to the gathering!

Addison clapped appropriately for those that were honored, then the dark-haired beauty made her way over to where several of Revenant Squadron were standing dressed like them in her formal military uniform. The newly minted flight officer's tunic though only had the basic designations on it unlike most of theirs - just her name, rank, and squadron pin without any mission ribbons as she hadn't earned any yet. The padawan did have her lightsaber attached to the left side of the uniform belt marking her as both a pilot and Jedi.

Walking up to the group of pilots, the brunette flashed a friendly smile at her squadmates, whom several she had not actually been officially introduced to yet. The squadron had been on downtime ever since their last mission... Hence why they were receiving a replacement pilot - humbling, to say the least for the rookie on many levels.

"Hello... I'm Addison Porte. Your new Revenant Eight."

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:
"It's um. The first time I've been to a place like this. I went to Master Noble's wedding, but.. Nothing like this. It's intimidating."

“Don’t stress over it. Nobody’s expecting anything from you tonight.” Amani affirmed. All they had to do was be a little social, and not make complete fools of themselves. Which she was assuming would not be a problem for Iris. Knock on wood, though…

Not long after a pilot joined their growing circle with an introduction. Alicio had taken the words right out of Amani’s mouth so she simply offered a slight dip forward in acknowledgment, “Amani Serys. Jedi. Nice to meet you.”

And THEN, one final face filled out their ranks. She looked up curiously as Alicio seemed to to tighten his grip, then followed the Senator’s gaze to find Inanna Yomin. As he stood a little taller, Amani had the opposite reaction, seemingly getting smaller as the woman approached. Whatever came of the two of them wasn't exactly something they bothered to discuss. Clearly it just hadn’t worked out, considering he and Amani were now seeing each other.

But the awkwardness was tangible. And she couldn’t help but feel some sympathy for the Shi'ido. Amani had no shame about being with Alicio, but Inanna seemed a good woman who deserves a bit better than she gets. It was just a messy circumstance all around, “...Inanna…” She tried to offer
a faint smile, but pursed her lips partway through. Yeah, awkward. But maybe they could resolve this professionally, maturely, in a way that didn’t embarrass them all in front of a crowd.

I see,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest. “In that case, I’m happy for you both. And don’t worry, I have no hard feelings whatsoever—I could never be with a man who only agreed to go on a date with me out of pity.” The words were out of her mouth before she could think twice, and now that she was on a roll, there was no stopping her. “There’s just one thing I’m left wondering about, if you wouldn’t mind satisfying my curiosity. The timing is rather close, you must admit. So… did you set us in competition against each other, like betting on racing horses?

Amani’s jaw went slack. Her face flushed the darkest green it had ever been. And if she had the power to turn to dust on command, she would have. So it was gonna be like that. “Inanna!” The Jedi huffed, then pushed herself and Alicio out of the circle. “You all enjoy yourselves,” She offered, desperately trying to end on a more positive note with the unfortunate souls that had been thrown into the middle of their holodrama romance. Then, she suddenly pulled Inanna out of the circle as well, forcing the three of them to congregate on the outskirts of the party.

Oh yes, they were going to talk about it. Away from the others, “You wanna do this in a way that’s a little less degrading to us all?”

Last edited:

After moving somewhere a little quieter, Valery focused all of her attention on Jasper and listened to him explain what he was feeling so nervous about. It gave her the impression he had some form of social anxiety, and in a crowded place like this with many unknown faces, she understood it could be quite overwhelming.

"I don't know if I'm cut out for all of this," Jasper admitted, "But I gotta try, right?"

"Confronting fears or things you struggle with can be good, but don't push yourself too much," Valery said with a nod before she looked around. "If all of this is really overwhelming, maybe focus on breaking it down into small parts. Get a drink, find a familiar face and focus on your conversation with them, just like you are focusing on ours now. The rest doesn't matter." It was a common method for people with anxieties to feel more relaxed, so perhaps it could work.

"And remember, you're surrounded by allies here; friends. Be yourself and everything will be alright." Her eyes then turned away for a moment as Dracken took the stage and began to go over awards and promotions from the defense of Tython. It brought a brief smile to her lips, but it also reminded her that she had something important to handle soon.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Open

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

M I N G L E
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Zeke Dystra | Open​
The room became full. It seemed Judah had been more on time than he wished to be, but still got his nod from Valery Noble Valery Noble . He did not pause long enough to see her reaction, but he could guess what some of the more reasonable outcomes. Her eyes likely rolled at the sight of him at the bar rather than actually socializing. Fortunately for her, someone was already approaching him at the bar, and Judah would be forced to talk to someone after all.​
"Jedi, but mostly because one of them didn't think I would show."
He turned and looked at the man and offered a hand.​
"Judah Lesan. I take you're not into parties."
His eyes moved to the platform as several announcements were made, most of the names Judah did not know, some made him scoff and choke on his drink. Sure, they had changed. Some of the names getting awards were the ones Judah dared to call hypocrites. Judah finished the rest of his drink and looked back at his glass.​
"Maybe you're here because it's a necessary evil?"

Is this what amounted to drama or thrill in the lives of the senators, the Padawan absent-mindedly mused as a set of focused eyes flickered back and forth between those that traded words; calm, yet filled with venom and bile. Ensnared in the sudden melodrama of a holoseries made manifest, Corin opted to raise a palm in order to conceal the lower-half of his face that betrayed him with the reveal of a foul sense of amusement. It creased at the corner of his mouth and faintly into his eyes, but it was undoubtedly nonsensical to shield them as well.

He subtly leaned across to Iris, his voice no more than a whisper. "So who's she, and why does Amani seem to know her?"

Awkward. For all of them. He was never too sure if it was worse for Alicio or Amani, in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom