Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Starbird Rising | Galactic Alliance

"I hope to," he said in response to Inanna's first question, not quite able to comprehend what she was implying.

But then, Alicio offered the olive branch. And it was ripped from his grasp and used to slap him across the face.

While Amani blushed dark, the Count drained white, his face suddenly deathly pale. So stunned was he by Inanna's barely concealed rage, the ability to produce words left him. He could only stand there, his eyes wide in shock and embarrassment. He couldn't fight his date as she pulled him and Inanna away from Iris Arani Iris Arani , Corin Trenor Corin Trenor , and Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne , only managing a quick bow, and an "I'm sorry," as he left them, and entered the sidebar at the edge of the festivities.

As Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce 's wonderful speech began elsewhere, Alicio's attention was focused inward, acknowledging the sudden indignant emotions that were piling up now that the shock was ebbing, and trying to let them pass by.

Don't lash out. You'll only regret it later. Take ownership.

Alicio paused in thought, before speaking. "Okay. Inanna, I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that I led you on when I shouldn't have. I'm sorry we..." He peeked at Amani. He wasn't going to sugarcoat anything, or try to save face. Honesty. "I'm sorry that I kissed you before I was ready."

He wanted to say more. He wanted to add that but, to defend himself. But he wouldn't. Because he knew it wouldn't help. Alicio didn't want to hurt Inanna any more than he already had. But neither would he apologize for dating Amani.

- Inanna Harth Inanna Harth - Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Inanna allowed herself to be corralled away from the others. She was trembling faintly both from anxiety and anger, though she endeavored to hide it by pretending to adjust her long black gloves.

“You wanna do this in a way that’s a little less degrading to us all?”

Degrading?” Inanna echoed, giving the satiny fabric one final tug. “I hope you’re not another charity case he feels sorry for. Now that would be degrading.

Finally, the slack-jawed Alicio managed to speak a few words in his defense. Inanna listened, then shook her head and sighed.

No more apologies, Alicio. You already said you were sorry that night in Sanctuary City, right before you said you weren’t sure yet whether you wanted me or not.” She gestured to Amani. “It looks like you’ve been stringing us both along until the moment came when you decided you’d better cut one of us off to save face.

“You didn’t know I would be here tonight, did you?
If I hadn’t, how long would you have let me go on hoping?

Her voice had risen to an almost fever pitch, the pain coming through more than the accusation in her tone. She grimaced, taking a moment to at least recover some poise.

“At this point all I care about is peace of mind. For all of us. Amani, myself—and any other women who might come out of the woodwork, for that matter. Pick one and make your decision known to all.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"... I think they were a thing. Alicio and that lady." The only reason she guessed that? Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan had a similar color. Iris watched for a moment, flashing Alicio a worried smile. He was.. In for something. What? The teenager wasn't sure. She barely understood her friendships with people.

"I really don't do good with.. Drama, y'know?" She shrugged her shoulders. At least she wasn't as focused on the issue of being one of the most overdressed Jedi here. Her gaze shifted around, scanning through the colors, the crowd. Ah, too many people, too many colors. "What do you think of it?"

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne

Kyell Laysel

K

Date Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
Pls-don't-kill-me Tag: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

He almost seemed to be in a rush while he pulled Miri along to the dancefloor. Every part of him wanted to escape another painful or awkward confrontation, but fate had other plans for him tonight. A single moment of distraction, as he looked around, resulted in him colliding with the one woman he had been trying to avoid. Much like Ara, Kyell's eyes widened for a moment, and he stood completely frozen.

Was she going to get angry? Hit him? ....shoot him?

"Nope, not doing it. Kark you and goodbye!"

He frowned at her words and barely responded to the empty glass being shoved into his chest. It fell, and if it wasn't for Miri paying attention, it would have shattered right by his feet. For several more seconds after this little incident, he stood completely frozen and just tried to figure out what to even do or say. But a voice drew him out of his own mind.

"I was going to ask you what was wrong, but I think I have my answer. Care to elaborate?"

<That's uh... Ara,> he said as he slowly turned to Miri, <She's the first I was ever able to telepathically talk to, and became my first friend. We got really close, and she wanted to be more...> he paused, deciding it was best to be honest <At the time, I wanted to as well, but before the relationship could grow, I met you. When I finally recovered from New Aldera and told her, she was upset, understandably so... and got angry. She shot me with a low-powered weapon, and we haven't talked since.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Walking up to the bar, Kai took notice of Kara Jade Kara Jade seated nearby. <Oh. Hey, Kara.>

The bartender gave him a funny look, but Kai slid him an ID. The man looked it over and seemed satisfied. Evidently the boy was no longer getting into trouble with obviously fake IDs.

Now he had a convincing fake ID.

<How's it going?> he asked, taking a sip of something that might've been alcoholic, or might not have been. It was hard to tell, seeing as he'd given the order without speaking. Making small talk with someone he sorta knew was better than staring over his shoulder at Iris and Corin. <This is weird but, I didn't know you were a Padawan, and I was kinda surprised when I saw you in training. You don't really seem like a Jedi. Uh, I mean...>

He trailed off awkwardly, burying himself in his drink.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

The young Anzat settled into the crowd.

A watcher. Observer. Surveying this new generation of Jedi even as he found himself reminiscing over the Jedi he had known, so many years ago.

The large frame of Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor cast an unmistakable figure, seemingly in conversation with a young man. A Jedi? He assumed, but to be honest, Sor-Jan would have been hard pressed to recognize him as such if that was the case. The wearing of Jedi attire. The custom of the padawan braid. Even these Jedi, many of them came to the Jedi as young adults, not as children ready to be molded.

It was so very different from the Jedi Order that Sor-Jan knew.

So eerily familiar.

So oddly different. Alien. That was part of what had pushed him away. He'd never felt at home, on Coruscant or on Kashyyyk. Well, especially not on Kashyyyk, but even on Voss when the Silver Temple had been located there, it had been the same.

These Jedi not only formed attachments, there were whole family dynasties of Jedi now, such as with the Heavenshields. Such a thing would have been criminal.

Master Vanagor knew that. He had lived it just as Dilandau had. And, it was no small blessing to the Anzat that someone else still lived in this galaxy who remembered the Twi'lek healer.

So why did Caltin seem so well adjusted to this new reality? This new way of conducting Jedi business?

He didn't know. Perhaps Sor-Jan was merely too inflexible. Too intractable to understand how the Jedi had evolved across endless centuries and conflict. All he knew was it seemed the large Jedi had settled in well with these new Jedi, and he took that as a blessing. For both Caltin and for the Jedi would benefit from someone with the experience that had been the Old Republic.

The vision of a united galaxy, where all stars burned as one.

Given the state of the galaxy today, even if Sor-Jan lived for a thousand years more, he didn't expect to experience anything like that again.

But now he was brooding.

The senator for Corellia made his appearance, as Sor-Jan had hoped he might. Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce took the stage, the politician du jour it seemed, settling now into his role as Vice-Chancellor of the Alliance.

A great day for Corellia, to be certain. A new day dawned over the Five Brothers. And, with luck, Pryce's position would help to avert any sudden financial policy changes the new chancellor might be itching to introduce.

What followed was what he had anticipated. A speech. Awards. Accolades.

These ancient steps had seen more than their portion of such things.

Last edited:

Tags: Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne
Finishing her conversation with one group of fellow pilots, Ari wandered around, popping in and out of conversations as she tried to find some other group that might actually be interesting to conversate with, and interested in conversating with here - that's when she noticed a widening group of pilots with a somewhat familiar insignia - one she had to have seen bef- That's it. Those X-wings that helped me fighting back home. Trying to remember their position callsigns, she started recalling their squadron name before trying to remember who was that had helped her - 4, she decided, and it looked he he was the kid that just got a nice promotion and some new pips on his uniform. Might as well congratulated the kid, give him a pat on the back for the assist.

Walking up to Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne , Ari gave her uniform another once-over and adjusted the new medal she'd received for her actions over Empress Teta and her homeworld. It was going to take some getting used to - it'd been half a decade since she'd received any kind of decoration and even that was just for her certification as a flight lead and future commander, she'd never thought she'd be flying for such an expansive military as the GADF. Taking a deep breath to refocus her mind on the task at hand, she focused on her fellow pilot as she approached him, trying to read his emotions.

"Congratulations on your promotion, and thanks for your help over my homeworld," Ari panicked for a split second when she realized he hadn't caught his name or rank during the ceremonies, though she quickly decided merely to use his callsign, "Revenant Four - I'm sorry, I don't remember catching your actual name while we were flying together."

Be careful what you wish for.
v8kgyOp7GaBlK6R-2efKLlBhf34qYDJpOAxKlOxnKgFEXv6TRP3tMdyCD9_z_CmTnrXcJawFLVeYKjgvjJhlEPRgma7Uk_mArrEtBn4v-46x5kLp3Eel8Qq7DBeKQoZSzx4v0NBjpJrH7uMUC8Et8No

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.”

It was something that an old Kiffu Jedi he once met had told him. This Jedi Knight was always at odds with the Council because of his lackadaisical outlook. It did not affect him much when he first heard the words, but the day he had run into Chrysa Vanagor Chrysa Vanagor again on Corellia it all made sense. Caltin was one who looked at attachments much the same way “Complicated”.

The thing is though, there were Jedi who married in his time, Jedi who sired children. Even Council members… the Nautolan and the Twi’Lek… they were in a seriously passionate relationship. There was even one of the wisest members of the Council who was in love with a Mandalorian of all people.

“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.”

Make no mistake, the big man was very much “old school” in many of his beliefs, but sometimes you have to understand “today” to remind the people of “yesterday.” Speaking of “yesterday”, the little Anzat was nearby and looked to be having an issue.

How are you doing, old man?

tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha
resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Oh. She thought...

Oh no.

Alicio finally understood what was happening. The full scope of Inanna's pain. The realization didn't come with any comfort, but very much the opposite. This time, he couldn't keep the surprise and anger and shame from his words. Just a little, eeking through his embattled calm.

"We haven't talked since Amani and I started dating, Inanna." He seemed to be fighting to stay put, and not take a defensive step back from both women. "I wasn't hiding anything. From either of you. Not intentionally."

"Our date ended poorly. I hurt you. You hurt me a little, too."
No. Stop, Alicio. This is not a pity party. "B-because I hurt you. And after... our meeting with Rianna, I thought you were avoiding me. I thought we were done."

"If you need a rejection, here it is."
He could hold back his impulse no longer, putting himself on the literal backfoot as he shifted a boot behind him. "But this? Embarrassing Amani? Was not the way to get it."

He felt another stab of biting, burning anger, which he swallowed down.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Inanna Harth Inanna Harth -

Tags: Open

Faith stood on the step looking up at the temple her heart hurt looking at it. She wondered when would that gentle ache of grief go away, every time she looked at the Jedi Temple she thought of her family of her brothers mostly. Their lives and what they stood for she missed them.

She took another few steps looking to her left to admire the structure. "Faith" The soft whisper from behind Becca keeping her on track.

"
I'm fine, just looking what do you think Becca, is it a tribute to those that seek to give their lives in defense of the light?"

Becca shrugged, "I know only Rianna as Jedi if I judge by her, she'd think it was...compensating I think"

Faith laughed, "OH you think so huh. Oh I don't know that I agree you want something of importance to stand out, to drawn attention."

"Yeah well attention gets buildings blown up and made into little pieces" Becca kept moving up the steps.

Faith nodded, "possibly, such a cynic you are"

Becca shrugged, "only today, maybe tomorrow. Are we going to go see Rekha?"

Faith could not help but laugh harder, "Wanting a drink already. Becca let's admire the temple wish everyone well. I hear Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce is inside making a grand speech. Let's go catch the last of it shall we"

Faith nodded to those close to her and walked into the temple. There was something about a temple it sometime felt cold and unapproachable. She hoped she was wrong today.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png

Huh.

The Padawan narrowed his brow as uncertain creases formed across it, with eyes to match that settled over Iris afterwards. "Drama?" He let the word sit stale in the air, allowed it to stir as if it was more than what she asked, but in truth it came as a result of his own confusion at it. Disbelief rushed across his face with that of a soft smile, "Did you ask me what I think of drama, like as a concept?"

He stifled a chuckle.

"Unless, by that you mean..." Corin waved across towards the senator and his mistress, as it were, all with a moment of silence as it to wait for confirmation. "If noodle boy wants to cheat," he started dismissively, "Then that's his funeral."

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png

"Oh." He shamelessly remarked.

It remained foreign, the whole idea; to see, to hear, to be, and fail to understand. Corin never once asked Iris as to what it was that ensured she failed to understand such concepts, and neither did the Padawan wish to. Undoubtedly a difficult conversation, the sort that Corin and his abrasive tendencies shine the most in. Hardly the time, nor the place.

"I mean," Corin entered an effort to find the best words, "It's... best to avoid it. It's not worth the time or the effort, especially that kind of drama." He said with a nod aimed towards the two. Relationships were a mess, the kind that embellished your worst self and amplify it to a ridiculous extent. On Denon, Corin had seen it countless times, on the faces of strangers and those once close to him alike.

"Just another headache."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris nodded. Slowly. The only experience she had with relationships at a level more than friends was.. Went terribly. Absolutely terribly. The only good thing about it was she didn't loose her friend when all was said and done. Not something she was looking to mess with again. Especially if this was the kind of drama that could come with it.

"Yeah. Headache for sure. .. Amani is really happy, though. From what I've seen and what she told me. Guess it's worth the headache for some people?" A genuine question. Grant it, Corin probably wasn't the best person to ask, but she wasn't about to go up and ask Amani if she thought it was worth it with everything actually happening now.

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

With her face red and all of those emotions resurfacing, Ara reached the bar and gave a slap on the counter to get the bartender's attention."Yo, hit me. Like, strongest you got." She ordered with a huff as she looked back to the two. From where she stood, she could see the two of them.

She hated it all.

She hated how the girl looked, how Kyell was dressed and pressed just for her, how good they looked together. But what she hated the most was the doubt in herself. Was it fair to be angry at her? Did Miri even know about her? Or was it all Kyell? The thoughts merely piled onto the already rising tension. When she finally got her glass, she knocked back the drink and tapped the glass twice against the counter. "Keep 'em coming buddy, I'm gonna need it." She glared at him with a look that could kill, making sure he understood.

Perhaps a talk with that Miri could clear things up... although walking back over to them was a bit of a tall order for the Zabrak. "Where the hell is Iris?" She grumbled to herself with a look around her. She was going to need a periscope to actually see anything in this crowd around the place.

Kyell Laysel Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png

Not the one to ask, at all.

"Eh, maybe." Corin waved off his own answer, "If that's what you want, sure. I think we're a little too occupied for all that drama, or at least should be if we want to make the difference we promise to people. I am, but..." He tilted his head for all of a second, "I have other duties elsewhere."

Too many Jedi became side tracked. Burdened with responsibilities that were not their own, or their own personal desires. He often pondered if war with the Sith or the Imperials could ever come to a favourable end while the Jedi elected to throw celebrations rather than insert much needed strike teams. Then again, Corin's definition of 'favourable end' likely differed from most Jedi.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh, right. Duties. Denon.

Iris's frown returned in full force. She didn't say anything, not for a little while as she tried to think of what she could say. Should say. She didn't like this, feeling like she betrayed someone. Did she? Her choices were never be a Jedi again and stay or leave and continue her training and maybe come back to help in a different way. No, beating around the bush would just make more issues, right?

"Master Valery found me on Denon. She won't let me continue what I was doing there, or she'll remove me from the Order. .. She only knows about me."

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING
Iris Arani Iris Arani

cj2JhgK.png

Cast into a sudden silence.

Corin wished to believe Iris. He wished that it was true, that someone else made the decision for her - Iris had been under threat of termination from the Jedi Order, rather than a decision to shirk those newfound duties she swore to. But the deceitful found it difficult to trust, to see lies where there were none because it was in the exact location Corin himself would have thrown one, should he wish to tell a lie of this.

His hands settled onto his waist with a sigh, then one found his jaw and slid around it.

"It's fine," he said, saddened. "I get it. Not your fault."

She wouldn't lie. Right?

"I'll, uhm..."

I'll do what I do.

"It'll be alright."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I hate it. It's not alright. It's not okay. I'm supposed to be a Jedi to help people, but I can't help people as a Jedi. Master says there are things I can do as a Jedi. That using a mask is wrong. .. And I hate that she's right. That the mask just means no one can be held accountable. It's wrong, right? I-" She took a breath. Closed her eyes. No, this wasn't Corin's problem.

".. She says she'll show me how I can help as a Jedi. .. I really hope I can. I really hope it does help. I don't want to leave the Jedi."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Gala
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Others...

"Just focus on talking..." Jasper muttered.

He began to look around the Gala, trying to see who he knew. Most people were already engaged in conversations of their own. Iris Arani Iris Arani was talking with Corin Trenor Corin Trenor , someone he was still nervous about introducing himself to formally. He had seen Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , but he went off with Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . Arlo Renard Arlo Renard was at the bar, seemingly just starting a conversation. Maybe he could throw himself in without being awkward? He didn't consider it for very long. It just didn't seem feasible. He couldn't talk to Master Noble the entire time. She probably had people to talk to at the Gala given her position. Maybe he'd head over to the bar, see if he could find someone who wasn't locked in conversation.

"Th-thanks," Jasper finally continued. "I really needed the advice. I figure you have other people you need to speak to, so I'll get out of your hair."

With a respectful half-bow, he bid the Jedi Master farewell, making his way over to the bar. He was a bartender in his spare time. Maybe he'd take a quick peak at their operation. Jasper sat down a few seats to the left of Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan , tapping to get the attention of the bartender.

"Corellian whiskey with a few shots of dragonjuice," Jasper said as the man came over to take his order. "On rocks if you can, thanks."

Jasper glanced over at the Zabrak. He was pretty sure she had been at the sparring event, but didn't get the chance to interact with her. She was drinking a lot, like more than you would expect at a public gala, especially in the Jedi Temple. Judging by the look on her face, it wasn't recitational either. Master Noble said he should focus on talking. He might as well meet some new people.

"Y-you were at the sparring thing, right?" Jasper asked.

Hopefully he hadn't caught her at a bad time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom