Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Starbird Rising | Galactic Alliance

C E L E B R A T E
GADivider-Purple.png
oW5IRg0.png
Outfit: xxx
Hollis was excited. Very excited!​
Up until very recently, she hadn't even known that Jedi dressed up for fancy galas. For some reason, it had never really occurred to her. But it made sense. Everyone needed to celebrate now and then, especially when there was a grand reason to do so.
This was a very grand reason indeed.​
The temple had been restored, and there were members of the Alliance due to be honored for their service. Hollis was looking forward to seeing the newly opened portions of the temple, and the Alliance members that had come to mark the occasion. As if that wasn't reason enough to be excited, Justice Lesan had asked her to attend the gala with him. He'd be here very soon to pick her up, and her heart had been full of flutters all day. She couldn't wait to see him. Hollis checked her hair in the mirror one more time just as he knocked on the door.​
"Coming!" she called as she stepped into her heels, ran to grab her bag, and then went for the door. She took a moment to smooth out her dress before opening the door to greet Justice. Her cheeks were probably already flushed, and there was a wide smile on her face to see him. Of course, she'd seen him quite a lot recently... but this was the first time she'd ever seen him dressed up. Hollis' blush only deepened.​
"Hi," she said, a bit breathless. Hollis stepped through the doorway to join him in the hall. "You look great," she said, and reached out to gently tug the collar of his suit-jacket. "Very handsome."

Last edited:
y0ZHF35.png

Objective: Enjoy the Gala evening
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor
Attire: Necklace and Clothing
div-goldiguess.png
The day had finally arrived for the sacred Jedi temple to reopen, a place that had been pivotal for the Jedi order for many generations. It was not long ago when he was standing in the ruins itself, curious and wondering what it used to look like back in its prime. Now, after the hard work of the Alliance, he'd be able to see it with his very eyes. He was quite excited to see the finished project, one that was sure to give the temple justice and return it to its former glory.

Silas couldn't bare to wait much longer and jogged up the stairs towards the entrance, his eyes sparkling in amazement from how magnificent it looked already. Not focusing on the people right now, his head looked up to stare at the various statues and architecture that surrounded him. He wasn't too sure if they had been entirely remade or reforged from surviving remnants, but they all looked perfect.

Since he wasn't looking in front of him, he didn't see a looming big guy before him. Bumping chest first into his back, Silas snapped his head forwards and looked up to the giant known as Caltin, A Jedi who had recently made himself known in the order "Sorry sir, I wasn't paying attention..." he said calmly to the imposing figure that towered above him. With a small smile, he respectfully bowed his head to the master and looked around at what was going on around them.

"What do you think of the temple? It's fantastic isn't it?" he said proudly, looking back to the master with an expression full of interest "Will you be doing more lessons here if I may ask?"

Awards.png

Objetive: N/A
Attire: X
Equipment: Adjudicator | Wrist Holster (Concealed and Just in case)
Tunes: X
Tags: N/A

IGqn8QU.png

Sitting within his ship Cyran looked rather nervous. Being filled with second thoughts and doubts. “Uh, maybe this was a dumb idea ya know? I shouldn’t even bother and just head back to Hutt Space or Denon. And I ain’t much of a ceremonial guy, this just isn’t my scene.” He said to his astromech companion. Seemingly wanting to turn back now after arriving planetside for the gala.

After wanting to back out R4-P4 began to chastise him. -”Oh give me a break, now you wanna back out? You’ve told me time and time again you wanna do more than just catch fugitives and offer your unique talents to the galaxy in more ways than just catching petty fugitives. If you don’t just bite the bullet and put yourself out there you’re going to continue to regret it as you stand by on the side lines.”- The droid gave a long series of chirps, beeps and whistles to Cyran. Trying to get them to follow through.

Nodding back Cyran replied, “Yeah you’re right. I can’t keep feeling like I’m burying my head in the sand. These are trying times we’re in right now. I gotta help, do anything I can to keep these wars from reaching home.”

Even still Cyran felt like a fish out of water. It seemed like a pretty big event. Not fit for a lowly freelancer like himself. He’d also never seen the jedi temple before. Not before or after I got attacked by the Maw. It was a lot bigger than he originally envisioned. Maybe being an esoteric order tens of thousands of years old meant you needed the space to accomodate all of it.

As he entered the massive complex and got to the gala proper he could feel the positive vibes. Which was a nice change of pace to sooth his own nerves. Especially since Cyran always felt like Coruscant and other city planets, like they all carried a certain gloom to them. When considering all the trauma the galactic capital has suffered throughout history it wasn’t too hard to feel like there’s always a rain cloud overhead.

Cyran was sort of in awe over the scope of the temple. It was an odd feeling for the spacer. Not long before he still held a lifelong disdain for Force Orders like the Jedi. But after recent events with a certain someone it was a little difficult to maintain that distrust and angst. Sure these “hokey religions” were still pretty beyond his understanding but that didn’t mean he had to be bitter his whole life over them. Plus that negativity could be a real mood killer at times, and probably wasn’t good for his skin either. The zeltron was rather doubtful that he’d see anyone that he’d recognize. Maybe tonight was a night to meet new people and make new friends?

[Coruscant, Jedi Temple]
[Revenant Squadron: Leon Gallo Leon Gallo , Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne ]

The dress uniform informed her mind of an odd, very peculiar feeling. Thinking about it now, the suit was almost reminiscent in feeling to the armor she'd worn on Empress Teta. The heavy cobalt overcoat, put in place of a lighter and more comfortable bomber jacket or tunic, seemed to gradually press her to the floor with every passing second, helped in no small part by the silver-lined Captain's epaulets on her shoulders. Despite the lack of helmet to interrupt her breathing or otherwise induce a really lousy headache, the uniform felt so... claustrophobic.

She would've much preferred to don her duty uniform, but Revenant Squadron's commander wasn't necessarily a proponent of sloppy presentation. Qellene wasn't quite in the mood for another one of his scowls.

Anyway, she figured she'd show some respect for the dead, for the officers not so lucky as to find themselves invited to the ceremony. At that thought, the Pamarthen began to frown, staring absent-mindedly at her own gloved hand. She'd known quite a few of Empress Teta's casualties. Captain Alanda Julphi, an old flame from Comet Squadron, had found himself on the receiving end of a pair of drone fighters. One of her former trainees, a Lieutenant Mara Syl, wound up plastered against the hull of a Brotherhood battlecarrier... and so on.

She hadn't seen any of them for years, so reading their names on Starfighter Command's compiled casualty reports didn't quite elicit a reaction she was particularly comfortable with. It wasn't indifference, it wasn't an uncaring mental note, but, she didn't feel devastated.

And, it felt wrong; so, so wrong.

Qellene's thoughts, however clumsily, finally drifted back to reality, to the weakly lit space her colleagues had situated themselves in. She stared fondly at the elegantly decorated pillar in front of her, taking some comfort in the ornate flow of its gilded lines down its surfaced. Her vision drifted, slightly, admiring the amount of colors present among the attendees. Every passing bureaucrat, every passing jedi and civilian was a welcome breath of fresh air. They weren't the forms she was used to seeing in her career, not dressed to kill or to avoid being killed. They dressed to live and to look... nice.

She looked at Mylo, the newly gazetted captain 13 years her junior. He wore his new uniform with an amusing amount of discomfort, and she started to remember just how new he was to military life. Despite his flying experience, despite his time growing up in Revenant Squadron, Thorne still felt so young.

Her thoughts began to sour, again. Why did he have to choose this life? This unending cycle of pain and torment that had consumed so much of her own life. She could have wept at the thought of the friends he would loose as the years passed by, and at the thought of those he'd already lost.

She thought of the people she'd lost, the friends stolen from her by a sadistic, terrible universe. How had she deluded herself into thinking that their deaths meant anything? - that it was necessary to the war effort that the Brotherhood take their lives? Just when she'd began to clam down, Qellene's fists began to tighten. She trembled, furious and so very regretful.

"I hate this sorta thing Qel. Reminds me of when my parents would drag me to dumb events like these to talk to people I didn't know or hated. Plus its real boring.." He said, trying to hide the scowl on his face. "I'm already spotting some of your people Leon."

Thorne's lament, to Qellene's relief, ripped her from the trance quickly enough. She even managed a small chuckle. The kid really did seem like, well, a kid.
"If you can't beat em, join em. I'll be right back you two, I'm going to go get us food and drinks."

And just like that, he was off. Qellene flashed a smile, holding up two thumbs as the kid descended further into the Temple's bustling atmosphere.

All of a sudden, she felt emotional. Happy, uncontrollable tears began to gather at and fall from the bases of her eyes, and she felt herself slumping against the pillar. As soon as the Captain began to really process her changing demeanor, she covered her face with her hands.
"I'm so proud of him..." was all she said before beginning to sob.

In the typical leathers of some members of the New Jedi Order, Corin wandered about the reconstructed ruins of the ancient Jedi Temple. He could recount many times over the years that the silent chambers of a destroyed relic provided the Padawan some amount of comfort; a chance to be free of all the noise that accompanied his life, whether from his own design or the choice of another. To see it shattered, instead filled with life, was the cause of a complicated emotion that Corin had not yet identified in full. If he even wanted to.

Filled with those other than Jedi, even. That was another beast altogether.

But that was the price of these so-called freedoms. The Jedi became intertwined with politics, woven into the fabric of the Galactic Alliance. It was as if there was not one without the other, but either side most likely believed that it could continue to exist with the severed limb that was either the senate or the Jedi Order. In a room surrounded by both familiar and unfamiliar faces alike, the judgemental side to Corin could not help but roll his eyes at all the posturing politicians. Until he strode by in time to hear Iris confess her concerns over her attire, that is.

"You definitely are overdressed though," Corin remarked light-heartedly, smirking smugly all the while. He looked across to Amani with a nod in recognition, "Hey."

For a brief moment, Corin's eyes lingered on Alicio. Though the Padawan refrained from speaking, for now. He heard the rumours, but that was all they were - there was little credibility to them, and neither was it much of his business. But, somehow, Corin found himself expecting more. I could fold him like a chair, Corin idly thought to himself.

"Erh, Corin." He finally remarked, gesturing to himself.

Awards.png
Amani was quick to dismiss the notion, "Nooo, it's great. Just means you might blend in a little more with some of the politicians and socialites for the night." She gestured to draw Iris' attention to some of the other well-dressed folks present. Some of them even other Jedi. "You're rocking it. I love it."

Not long after, Corin made his appearance known with a differing opinion. Done in jest, perhaps, but Amani couldn't help but wonder if it would still be enough to send the now-paranoid Iris over the edge, "Heya," She offered back.

There was a brief pause as they all seemed to take stock of one another, when the latest arrival offered a more proper introduction, "Corin-" Amani repeated, gesturing to the Count, "Alicio Organa. Senator of Alderaan," And significant other, but given their body language that didn't really take a genius to deduce. Then back to the former, "Corin Trenor. Padawan of the New Jedi Order." She smirked faintly, finding some self-amusement in the professionalism with which she addressed them both. "You two enjoying things? I know we're just getting started, but, it's not every day you see stuff like this from the Jedi." Her gaze refocused on both of the padawans in front of her.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris's panic seemed to lessen at both Alicio's and Amani's insistence that she at least looked good. Rocking it, even. Yeah. Yeah! She was rocking it, wasn't she? Iris puffed up her chest a bit to look bigger. Which, well, around anyone else than Amani she'd just look even shorter. Thankfully the two were close enough in height she wasn't looking like a chihuahua trying to be a big dog.

"You definitely are overdressed though,"

And there went the confidence. Whatever puffing up she did quickly deflated. No, Corin was always an ass and that didn't bother her. This was the first time she'd seen him since she was told to never go back to Denon by Valery Noble Valery Noble . As y'know, a vigilante. She kept her gaze away from him, trying not to look his way in the slightest.

"It's um. The first time I've been to a place like this. I went to Master Noble's wedding, but.. Nothing like this. It's intimidating."

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Amani Serys Amani Serys

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Starbird Rising

Objective: Unclear
Equipment: A glass of bubbly
Tags:
Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame | Leon Gallo Leon Gallo | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

div-goldiguess.png

A little bored, he made the executive decision to go and make conversation himself. He peered over at the small group that had huddled around seemingly chatting amicably. Should he go and desecrate their peace? Or keep to himself and spend the rest of the night wallowing in annoyance. The latter option seemed to be the more adventurous one and so he waddled awkwardly over to the group, tugging at his collar, trying to make his dress uniform look like it actually fit him. Emerald eyes studying the people he met in front of him, he halted, managing a tired smile at Iris, the only person he actually recognised there.

Left hand in his pocket, and a glass of an unknown bubbly, azure-coloured liquid in his hand, he arrived there, nodding silently to each and every one of them. The green-skinned, dark-haired woman seemed to be close with the grey-eyed human male, and Mylo assumed they were together. The other two seemed to be friendly, but he wouldn't pass any judgement just yet.

"Hey there, hope I'm not disturbing anything. Captain Mylo Thorne, Revenant Squadron, pleased to meet all of you." He introduced himself, shifting on his feet as he wasn't particularly sure what he should be doing with them, how to stand or how to move. Mylo wondered if some of them were Jedi. It was quite likely that all of them were, they seemed like the type, particularly the one that was dressed in the classic robes that he had seen so many of the force users don over the past couple of years. He saw the utility in them, light-weight, breathable, and pretty inconspicuous. He glanced back at Qellene returning the thumbs up, a partially pained expression on his face.

Inanna stood frozen, her gaze fixed on the couple at the opposite end of the room.

How long has this been going on? she wondered. Surely not while we were… while I was still…?

If you care to know so much, you’ll just have to
ask.

“Well, Ms. Yomin?”

The voice tore her from her thoughts. Next to her a senator from an Alliance world (she’d forgotten which) had been blathering to two other politicians about Force knew what. They might as well have been on another planet for all the attention Inanna was paying them.

I’m sorry,” she said with practiced artificial politeness. “If you’ll excuse me…

She started to walk toward them, then stopped in the middle of the crowd, having second thoughts.

What difference would it make, anyway? It’s not as if we ever had anything to begin with. Right?

No. She needed to know. And perhaps Amani should know as well. Might give her a little extra security.

Or ruin her evening.

So Inanna resumed walking, making her way to the edge of the little group that had formed. Whether he spotted her first, or was too absorbed in conversation with the others, Inanna sought to gain Alicio’s attention. Yet once she caught his eye, her mouth went dry and she couldn’t seem to speak a word. All she could do was stare.

She finally managed to force out a greeting. “Hello, Alicio. I’m glad I found you here. I happened to be in the area, and was going to pay you a visit when I heard you had become a senator, but you were… otherwise occupied.” Her gaze shifted to Amani, then briefly over the other two whose faces were unfamiliar to her before returning to him. “Congratulations, by the way.

AllianceDiscordIcon.png

Banner_1_coruscant.png

S T A R B I R D R I S I N G
Objective: Take a break
Equipment: A plate of snacks
Callsign: Revenant Four
ALLIES:
Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame Leon Gallo Leon Gallo

cj2JhgK.png

Shar was surprised that the dress uniform fit him well. The Gossam idly wondered if he had time to change his rank patch for all his uniforms, but for today, it was sufficient just to keep up with his dress uniform.

He mingled with the crowd, shaking hands and sharing stories. Nothing too inflated, but enough to keep the dignitaries entertained. More importantly,vShar marvelled at the Temple's architecture in between the hob-nobbing; he had been on Teta, but that was hard to compare given the state of occupation and the war. He had thought that was magnificent (compared to the kind of grey industrial corridors he was more familiar with). But here, even Shar could almost see the layers of history on the Temple; different eras and different styles layered on each other in a melded design. He finally managed to make his way to where the other members of Revenant were gathered.

"I hate this sorta thing Qel. Reminds me of when my parents would drag me to dumb events like these to talk to people I didn't know or hated. Plus its real boring.." He said, trying to hide the scowl on his face. "I'm already spotting some of your people Leon."
"Call me crazy, but I like boring sometimes. It's a good change of pace for the squadron."

"If you can't beat em, join em. I'll be right back you two, I'm going to go get us food and drinks." Mylo wandered off, briefly turning back and giving his squadron mates a wish-me-luck sort of look.
Shar was about to stop Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne , as he wanted to ask the newly-promoted Captain if he knew the directions to the promotion ceremony, and also because he already held a platter of finger foods, but he realised it was the kind that humans didn't like to eat. He was stopped even more when he heard Qellene:
"I'm so proud of him..." was all she said before beginning to sob.

Shar tried not to look at Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame as she started to sob. He wasn't really sure what to say. He remembered helping her during the invasion when she broke down for a moment. Shar did not think her lesser for it, but he knew she would not probably appreciate people openly soothing in public, especially at an event like this.

Shar looked and Leon Gallo Leon Gallo and shrugged helplessly.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING

Sergeant (Ret.) Agent ██████ - 'R U S T Y'
GADF Army
Strategic Intelligence Agency
Galactic Alliance Veterans' Information Network

Objective: Mingle
Equipment: Handful of GAVIN pamphlets and flyers, flute of champagne, datapad
Tags: OPEN

GA-Main.png

"Thank you, Senator, and good luck on your campaign!"

Ronval smiled and waved goodbye as a senator and his entourage left the conversation to drift to another group. He looked back at the flyer on-hand; about a dozen left. Good pace.

He was not here solely to advertise GAVIN's newest programmes to the rich and powerful for their support, of course. Ronval had been on the ground, at the front, in the thick of it under the auspices of the SIA. He winced as he massaged his shoulder. The wounds and bruises remained even now, but the biggest wounds were the agents he lost. Stupid. He should have been able to predict the ambushes.

At least Lady Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau made it out safe. And Dyans Keto Dyans Keto was neutralised. And, well, we won.

Ronval shook the gloom from his face. He could not afford to slip up in his cover, even (or especially) here. For all intents and purposes he was just good ol' Mr. Rubat of GAVIN, veteran, entrpreneur and activist, here to keep yammering on about veteran support to whoever would listen, not one of the soldiers deployed behind enemy lines weeks before the battle.

Ronval ambled about, making small talk with dignitaries, until his datapad sounded. He finished his flute of champagne and excused himself.

-

FILEMESSAGEINBOX (2)SETTINGS

VERIFICATION CODE: Jentium Callio-3-2....
Verified

Attached Message:

FORESTER contacts made. Will update in person.

Meet anyone interesting?

Reply:
Not yet.

Send? Y
.... Message Sent.

Trace log purged.

TAGS: OPEN

Last edited:

Kelly T. Perris

K

Banner_1_coruscant.png

STARBIRD RISING

div-green.png

LOCATION: Jedi Temple, Temple District, Coruscant, Core Worlds
OBJECTIVE: Try to Feel Like I Belong Here
EQUIPMENT: A Glass of Bubbly
TAGS: Open | FYI: Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne | Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame | Leon Gallo Leon Gallo | Shar Sieu Shar Sieu

"Els, frak o--" He held his arm away from him as his mother sharply interjected with his full name for what he was about to lob at his older sibling for her cheeky assessment of his dress uniform, his wristcomm crackling and a sigh half-hissing out of him. He glanced up the steps, grimacing, only noticing a couple moments later that his mother was trying to regain his attention. "...Sorry, okay? Just..." his mouth became a firm line, "...I don't feel like I should be here. I haven't even been on any missions yet."

Never mind that it was practically an order to show up. He was slotted into the last spot currently open in Revenant Squadron, in their B-Wing unit, and he was what was known in milspeak as green. Very green. A different kind of green from being Corellian, which he was. Kelly scratched the back of his neck, fingers slipping under the back of his collar, "Sweetheart," he nearly rolled his eyes at the term of endearment from his mother, "You're there to represent your squad, show support, and recognise the accomplishments of others. Not everything about..." He nodded, pushing down exasperation, dropping his hand, "...being a combat pilot is flying. I know," another sigh, "I know."

He knew where he'd rather be. He'd known since he was a little kid.

"But, really, you look great, T. I wish that..." He fought a frown and swallowed the growl that was trying to rise in his throat, knowing full well who Elsabetta was gonna bring up. "...please, Els. Please don't." Another glance up the steps, "I gotta go."

Goodbyes were said, the call was ended, and he began to climb the steps, finding a smile to plaster on his face on the way up. He'd never been inside a Jedi Temple, so that was a plus to this whole thing. He remembered the photos, the coverage of the decimated structure, and he paused on the steps to cast a glance all the way up the height of the temple, trying to recall the historical temples that stood on this spot. Jedi history had been a little outside his interests, but something had pulled his eyes there once. He shook his head free of it, and continued his ascent, soon reaching the top and walking into the main hall.

"Okay, first things first...." he glanced around, picking out the uniforms that resembled his own, on the way to his eyes finding... "...there it is."

He made a line for the tables, intent on making for a glass of the fizzy stuff. That first, conversation second. He wouldn't admit it, but there were nerves.

Last edited by a moderator:

nhY3GI4.gif

ATTIRE: X
OBJECTIVE: Mingle~
TAGS: Open!

Though it was perfectly fine for Jedi to attend events such as these in their robes, Ichika Masudo felt it necessary to show up in something much finer and traditional, as she would do for several ceremonies and holidays at home. It felt right, and looking around the gathering of Jedi, servicepersons, politicians, and so on, and how they dressed, she'd found her feeling on that was not misplaced.

A matching handbag dangled off of her left wrist, and her blades were absent, while she moved around, seeing faces both new to her and familiar, and those she recognised, but couldn't put a name to. She glanced towards the group around Corin Trenor Corin Trenor and Iris Arani Iris Arani , while nibbling through a plate of a small assortment of finger foods in her hands, as Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne joined them. Awkwardness of two kinds, in that group. She smiled and kept circulating slowly around the hall.

There was a sombre feeling behind all of this. For all those honoured, for the Jedi that would call the newly reconstructed temple home, there were those who would never get the chance to see this place, or to see their comrades and friends recognised. Those that had been lost through the war that lead to events such as tonight, and though she didn't know them, she would not let their sacrifices be in vain.

rIIDkbi.png

Be careful what you wish for.
Awards.png

"Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future." - Elie Wiesel

He seemed off in his own little world when Silas bumped into him, that meant that you could mark the day on your calendar as the kid actually knocked the big man a step back. No matter, it was "the sleeping wonder" Silas Westgard. He was a good kid and willing to learn... when awake. His question about the Temple was a good one, it actually gave Caltin pause and made him think about the first day he could remember walking into it. He was still a youngling, but...

The old girl is just as magnificent today as she was when I was a youngling in astrogation class. I still remember those days and our Master always asking "Lost are we? Never, when the stars we have."

The quote was mismatched and not exact, but the point in there and it still brought a smile to his face. He would soon become a Padawan Learner, the Jedi Master he was supposed to be assigned to had found one of his own who was said to be of extreme importance to the Order. Thus Caltin ended up with another, and then another. His time was tumultuous and burdened with inconsistent instruction but it helped shape him and made him better, so he did not complain, heh, though he did at the time.

Makes me think of an old saying that I had heard from a supporter of ours. "There is nothing wrong with the Jedi, which cannot be cured by what is great with the Jedi." In my time, we were put and kept on pedestals, we should not have been, it kept us from developing friendships with others outside the Order which could have proved even more beneficial. That is one thing the Jedi of today have over the Jedi of my time.

He then winked as he saw some pilots getting together, ones that he had been wanting to meet for awhile now.

As for me teaching? I'll teach any who want to learn from me. Now come on. Let's go meet some pilots.

Slipping a hand on the young Padawan's back and giving him a slight nudge to get him to follow, the massive Jedi Master made his way over towards those of Revenant Squadron (who he recognized from their files).

Revenant Squadron, I presume? It's a pleasure to meet heroes of the Alliance.

Oh, he meant every word.

tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame , Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne , Shar Sieu Shar Sieu , Leon Gallo Leon Gallo
resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

While her conversation with Kohlhaase Gotthard continued, Valery picked up on a few things from the corners of her eyes. Her Padawan, Iris Arani Iris Arani , stood with others but looked a little... overdressed. Oops. Valery just smiled in her direction in the most encouraging way she could — the dress was beautiful and looked amazing on her, so she just needed the confidence to own it for the night.

Her gaze then shifted as others joined, and both Judah Lesan Judah Lesan and Zeke Dystra were greeted with a dip of her head. They were off to the bar, so she rolled her eyes and focused on another face that was approaching. The last time she spoke to Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el was at the training area here in the Temple, not too long ago. But the conversation had been very brief, and she wondered how he was doing now that he was an active Padawan in the New Jedi Order.

"Oh you're fine, we were just introducing ourselves," Valery said before she bowed respectfully in return. "I have a moment, so let's talk," she said before looking at the senator with a polite smile, "Please excuse me for a moment, senator." Normally she wouldn't have walked out on a conversation, but Jasper seemed to actually need her for something, whereas the talk with the senator was just about introductions.

With a gentle, comforting hand placed on Jasper's shoulder, she guided him in a direction so they could have some privacy. Once they stood alone, she stopped and turned to face him. "Is something on your mind?" she asked, having picked up on his nervousness a little.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Open

Awards.png

JEDI TEMPLE, CORUSCANT
OUTFIT

Alicio was glad to see Iris relax a little as he and Amani assured her. Today was meant to bring the various moving pieces of the Alliance together. It was hard to do that if one was feeling self-conscious.

Another padawan joined their group, and Alicio canted his head to the side a bit as he heard the name Corin. Amani introduced him, and Alicio smiled amiably. "It's good to meet you, Corin."

Alicio turned his head, noticing the pilot captain join their group, his smile only widening as he shifted his feet to increase the circle's size. "No disturbance at all, Captain." He gestured to himself. "Senator Alicio Organa. Thank you so much for your service." He waited for the others to introduce themselves, taking a glance around the room once more. Revenant Squadron made waves in every battle they participated in. They were as heroic as the Jedi were, but the pilots tended to get less credit for it.

He hoped they would get a bit of the spotlight tonight.

As he searched the room, one face amid the crowd froze him in place. He found himself clinging to Amani a little tighter, feeling a bit of color drain from his face.

But then, resolve. He stood up a bit taller, and put on a brave face, as Inanna Yomin joined their group.

"Good evening, Inanna," he said, trying to project warmth. Things hadn't worked out between them. But that didn't mean he couldn't still care for her. "Thanks. Queen Faith does so much, I'm glad to lighten her load of one more responsibility. And..." Deep breath in.

"I figured it out." What he wanted.

- Corin Trenor Corin Trenor - Amani Serys Amani Serys - Iris Arani Iris Arani - Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne - Inanna Harth Inanna Harth -

Jedi temple, Coruscant
Tags:Open
Why am I even here? Ari thought as she smoothed out her GADF dress uniform and walked into the Gala, one of her old New Alderaanian Security Force pin hanging below one of her rank pins - to remind herself of the second time her homeworld had been lost to an expansionist empire. She already dreaded being expected to show up at these sorts of events but having just returned from the battle at her home... made this one a little harder. Oh, that's right, to keep up the SFC's relations with some of the worst people in the Galaxy... At least our hosts aren't that bad. Ari would never quite understand the intricacies of Jedi thought and philosophy, but at least unlike the Politicians, Flag Officers, and Corpos, their heads seemed to be screwed on mostly straight, and their temple was absolutely striking.

The beauty of the temple itself was overwhelming but the power that reverberated through the walls was deafening to Ari. The odd feelings she would get, glimpses of small imminent happenings, her seemingly inbuilt ability to read others emotions, all of these weird abilities were mangified to the nth by just walking into the building. Even when she was able to calm herself down, using the methods she had so often used to keep herself focused in her X-wing, the calm that overtook her was unlike anything she had ever experienced. It was an odd but extremely peaceful feeling, one, she decided, that she simply had to savor instead of questioning.

Looking around, she turned her focus towards a group of alliance officers that also were adorned with the insignia of the SFC, meaning they also were pilots. Good, some friendly territory. Walking towards them, she rubbed a hand over her Squadron patch to smooth out her sleeve and shoulder, making sure the wrinkles and kinks from the shuttle ride over here weren't too bad. Clearing the lump from her throat, she walked in up a rather measured pace and began to greet them. "Good to seem some friendlies here."

Kyell Laysel

K

Date Tag: Giselle von Ascania Giselle von Ascania
Pls-don't-kill-me Tag: Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

He hadn't felt this nervous in a while.

To most Jedi, the Temple felt like a home, a natural place to be for training, and even when off-duty. Usually, it was the same for him, but after losing his arm on New Aldera and his friendship with Ara falling apart completely, he was a lot more worried and far less interested in surrounding himself with others. He had to work some things out for himself, alone, but when he heard about the opening of this Temple, there was just no way to get out of it.

Master Yenna Yenna had also encouraged him not to grow too reclusive, and with Miri coming along, he felt confident that it could still be a great night. She had chosen to dress up, and so he couldn't rationalize his jacket and jeans... meaning he was in a formal suit as well to make them look like quite the couple. Everything was ready for a great time, but some fear still lingered deeper within his mind.

It was going to be alright, yeah?

<You look beautiful,> Kyell said as they entered the halls, and the light really put her in the spotlight for a moment. His eyes then shifted around, trying to figure out where they could go, and returned to her a moment later. <Drinks first or anybody you'd like to meet?> Dancing was another option for later, but it was more appropriate after the ceremony was handled. It gave him time to mentally prepare himself for it as well because he was a terrible dancer.

Kohlhaase Gotthard

K

"Evening? Would you mind pointing them out to me. I'd love to introduce myself." Kohlhaase said in response looking around with a squint in his eye to look for anyone by that name as Valery Noble Valery Noble dipped her head in response and gave a polite smile towards his aide. Bringing the almost empty glass of wine towards his wrinkled lips before setting it back down. "Please forgive his excellency, he is currently not of sound mental ability." Juun replied in an almost hushed tone towards the jedi after she looked at him to not offend his employer. The Senator's gaze looked around once more as the the jedi said a name that was unfamiliar to him. "The Je'daii are the shield of the alliance after all. I'm certain that Chancellor Dorian Janarus will make a huge difference this time around." He replied with confidence having missed the mark once again on whom was chancellor of the alliance at this time.

"Your excellency, the Current Chancellor is Auteme Denko-Durren as the jedi said." Juun replied towards the senator, trying to input the correct information into him to avoid being embarrassed once again. "Yes I know whom the chancellor is, Chief Aide. Chancellor Leontyne Saresh like I said before towards the jedi." Kohlhaase said with a grumble, fully believing what he said was correct this time. This slight infighting between them was settled when Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el approached the pair and announced his wish to speak with Valery Noble for just a brief moment.

"Certainly, you may speak with her." Kohlhaase said with a smile towards the young lad. "I shall await your return, Senator Noble" he said as she walked away for just a brief moment and guided the young lad away. Although having completely forgotten that Valery Noble was the Sword of the Jedi and not a senator within the senate. "That was a nice conversation with the senator, wouldn't you agree?" He asked towards his aide Delo Juun who was scanning the crowd for just a brief moment. "Yes, Senator. Please have a glass of wine while you are at it." Juun said handing him one to occupy his fragile mental state.

While waiting for the jedi to return, the elderly senator brought the glass up to his lips and drank from it.

F A N C Y
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

“As do you,” Justice said, returning the compliment and offering her the flower.

His eyes could not help but look her over, pausing briefly to realize the see-through hem of her skirt. Hollis was showing much more of her legs than Justice had seen before, and it was enough to almost cause a short circuit in his brain. A small chuckle escaped his lips as he realized he was looking too long. Cheeks turned red as he put his eyes back on Hollis’ gaze and offered his arm.

“Fortunately we live where the gala is being held,” he said, trying to make some kind of recovery, and only then realizing she had taken hold of his collar.

GULP

When the pair was ready, Justice led them to the gala. It was different seeing the temple in this light. Fancy parties were not something he was used to at all. Jedi rarely seemed to have an occasion for it which was why it seemed only natural for Justice to take advantage of the opportunity.

He could hear the murmur of the ongoing conversations between the important politicians and other guests as they walked into the hall. Of course his uncle was over at the bar… and had he shaved? Just pointed it out to Hollis on their way in before taking in the rest of the room around them. It seemed to be something of a time to mingle.

“Do you see anyone you know at all?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom