Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish [SO/GA] Caldera Crisis

Elon
Skies above the capital city
Darth Caedes Darth Caedes Elmindra Xitaar Elmindra Xitaar Darth Nwul Darth Nwul Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Circle back over the landing site." Kyraj instructed the the pilot as he strapped on his rocket pack.

<Permission granted. As soon as you have touched down, come to me and remain close. We are to engage the Sword and Shield as a united front. Now is the time to show me what you have learned.>
He grinned eagerly as his master's voice came over the comms. He jogged to the back of the ship where the bay doors were still open before calling back to the pilot.
"Deal with those x-wings then find someplace in the city set down. Send me the location when you do, and make sure my ship still flies when we're done or you and I will spend a lot of time together contemplating your mistakes."

Then he jumped. The wind rushing past and pulling at his silk clothing. He took a moment to mark the location of his master. Sensing her presence down in the city and then adjusted his body to angle towards her landing site. In a matter of moments he saw them as the ground came rushing up to meet him. Two Jedi surrounded by the soldiers he'd dropped on them. Three sith approaching from the wrecked shuttle. He fired up his rocket pack and slowed his descent, landing a bit heavily on the platform behind his master. He shrugged off the pack and ignited his sabers, falling in line with Wake behind the two senior sith.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

She didn't like this.

Aliris reached a hand out, pulling on the matter that formed into the metal she'd used before. Well, what the First had used before. It paled in comparison, her control over it. She barely made the vague shape of a knife, but at least it was a weapon. Braze was here, somewhere. She could sense that much. And the fact that she could sense him meant he at least was alive. Which probably meant this wasn't someone who'd like Sith.

Especially with the fighting still going on. She couldn't stay hidden away, not here. But she couldn't ignore Braze. Torn between two paths she decided a compromise. She slipped from the room, trying to stay quiet, and made her way to there she could feel Braze. They needed to leave here. Both of them.

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru
alexboarder.png

paladad_of_light_an_opulent_scifi_fantasy_interior_bedroom_on_a_55cb04ca-f97f-450c-88cb-7727660680b3.png
As Aliris stepped out into the corridor, her gaze was naturally drawn to the slightly ajar door opposite her room. She could feel that Braze was beyond this small obstacle. As Aliris crossed the threshold in search of her quarry, she found herself stepping into another opulent space, adorned with a different style of decor. Crystal wall sconces cast a soft, ethereal glow, illuminating the room with a gentle radiance. The walls were adorned with intricate artwork depicting distant galaxies, the beauties of foreign nature scenes, and celestial wonders, all a calming backdrop to the vast bookshelves that lined one side, filled with volumes of knowledge and tales waiting to be explored.

The centerpiece of the room was a grand bed, plush and inviting, where Braze lay, his form peaceful in slumber. His wounds appeared healed, or bandaged, evidence of the care he had received. Resting on the nightstand beside the bed were their lightsabers- it would seem they were left next to the one whom they were found with. The room exuded a sense of tranquility, as if time itself had slowed to allow for rest and healing. Through the wide orb-shaped space view-ports, the starry expanse outside added to the night-time serenity, casting a gentle blue hue throughout the room.

Seeing the snowy-haired, war-torn, Braze rest peacefully held stark contrast between the horrors of the battlefield and the serene haven they now found themselves, yet it brought with it the echo of a glimmer of hope. In this moment, they were safe, sheltered from the chaos that raged beyond these walls.

There was no semblance of guards or sentries, or military men. The liminal space was oddly empty and silent- so much so it was almost deafening.

As Aliris's gaze turned towards the plush bed, Braze was there resting in a state of peaceful repose, His features appeared serene, the tension that had once etched his face now softened in slumber. The appearance of exhaustion was faintly visible, a testament to the effort fought with, and the energy expended. It was evident that he had faced his own trials, and the toll it had taken on him was not to be underestimated.

Her would-be companion, and oddly enough, protector- the very same annoyance that seemed to call out to her, and pester her to be better than what she was, lay near motionless in a vulnerable state. It was the perfect moment to extinguish him and the breath he drew. There were no witnesses, there was no one to stop her, and she had a selection of weapons at her disposal.

With Braze's presence and signature unguarded Aliris could notice the threaded connection between herself and him. It was a faint little thing, presently but it was much more tangible. In his unconscious state, it became more noticeable how it seemingly was reaching out grasping for security as what was closest. In this moment that was Aliris.

They remained presently undisturbed by anyone else in an eerie manner. Perhaps under such duress of war one would certainly question the validity of reality or the state of one's own cognizance.

The Ashlans were equally shocked and horrified by the sight of the female Pylantian entering through the window, though their fear was somewhat tempered by the knowledge that this was a Jedi Master coming to help them.

With the Sith troops having run away, it seemed they were now safe. “Leave now,” she ordered them regardless, unwilling to gamble with their lives. The Sith ignited his lightsaber behind them; the audible sound spurred the Ashlans into action. They too fled the scene.

She turned her full focus upon the Sith. He was white-haired, with an eyepatch over his left eye. She could sense his youth, his anger, and his weakness in the Force. Were he not standing there with his blade activated and murder in his eye, she might have offered him a chance to surrender. But he was clearly spoiling for a fight.

Kass struck first, seizing a chair with telekinesis and hurling it at him. Her two green lightsabers burst to life, slashing at his head and torso in quick succession. Each move was intended to overwhelm him and end the duel quickly.

370d9lz.png

Any other time, and she would've killed him.

He was a Jedi, constantly in her way, cost her her revenge, and was a general nuisance. And yet, she was already thinking back to Wake. To what had happened just earlier before they made it here, safe. He could've left her, and.. They didn't need to be full of hate, right? She muttered in annoyance before reaching out to tug the lightsaber she'd made back to her hand and hooked it on her waste. Then reached out to poke Braze's cheek.

"Hey. Stop sleeping. We need to leave."

Braze Braze

Tags: Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

The Jedi emerged, appearance as monstrous as ever. Halkin struggled to tell exactly what parts of her anatomy would be used to strike, though he noted the abundance of eyes that spotted her writhing form. He presumed they provided her with good vision, though they also gave him many clear soft targets.

The Jedi advanced, beginning her attack as she did. First she struck with a chair that she hurled from within the building. Halkin saw the large object and swatted at it with his lightsaber, cutting it in half. With his weapon down by his left hip, he ducking his head to shrug off the separate pieces as they skipped off his shoulders. In the instant that Halkin dropped his gaze, he discovered exactly what the Jedi would attack him with. Two hiss-snaps as twin green blades spat fire through the air. He threw his shoulders down to duck under the high strike, a movement so sharp it almost looked like a hard flinch. At the same time, he braced his grip on his saber by his hip, bringing the blade up vertically to block the impact of the swing aimed at his torso.

The force of the blow bent his wrists back towards his chest, bringing the red blade dangerously close to his shoulder and face. He stumbled, off balance, and had to take three full steps back to catch himself. The Jedi was strong, that much was clear. The young apprentice he'd fought on Dromund Kaas possessed but a fraction of the green slime's power. Halkin gripped his blade tight and raised it high over his head to deliver a powerful, but telegraphed, overhead strike. If he responded with equal power and fury, perhaps he would overcome this foe too.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze stirred slightly as Ali's voice reached his consciousness. His eyelids fluttered open, revealing drowsy, yet alert eyes. He blinked a few times, adjusting to the soft glow of the room before focusing on Ali's face. A small, weak smile tugged at the corners of his lips, appreciating her persistence even in the midst of exhaustion.

As Ali reached out to poke Braze's cheek, she sensed a subtle shift in his demeanor. The mental shields that had momentarily waned during his slumber seemed to fortify once again, making it harder to perceive the ethereal thread that connected them through the Force. It was as if a veil had descended, guarding his thoughts and emotions.

"Mmm, hey there, Goldy-Locks..."
he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of weariness. "You're right, we should get going. Can't stay here forever." With a groggy stretch, Braze sat up on the edge of the bed, his muscles protesting the sudden movement after a deep slumber. He glanced at Ali, his gaze filled with a mix of concern and an odd sense of tenderness. " Ya' know, not that I'm complaining or anything, but have you ever considered eating more salads?" He asked more or less hinting at the fact that she was a 'heavy' burden to carry.

Braze gingerly attempted to rise from the plush bed, his muscles aching and protesting against his will. Each movement sent waves of pain coursing through his weary body, a reminder of the grueling battle and desperate escape they had endured.

As he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, his limbs trembled, threatening to give way beneath him. Beads of perspiration formed on his forehead, evidence of the physical toll his body had endured. With sheer willpower, he planted his feet on the ground, only to find them unsteady and uncooperative. "How did we even get here?" He asked not seemingly knowing where they were himself.

It was as if his body had reached its limits, unwilling to obey the commands of his weary mind. He winced as pain radiated through his limbs. Though his body screamed in protest, Braze refused to let it hinder his progress. He drew briefly on the force yet again to stabilize his own physical state, defying the exhaustion that threatened to consume him.

Braze's gaze lingered on Ali for a moment, his mind conjuring up vivid memories of her possessed self. The sheer power and darkness that emanated from her during that time sent shivers down his spine. He took a deep breath, mustering the courage to address his concerns.

"Aliris,
" he began tentatively, his voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and apprehension. "Are you... yourself? I mean, I know you saved us back there, and I'm grateful for that. But what happened... when you were possessed, it was... terrifying."

His words hung in the air, a vulnerable admission of his fears and uncertainty. He observed Ali, searching her eyes for any signs of the darkness that had consumed her before. Despite the room's serenity, he couldn't help but wonder if it was merely a temporary reprieve from the storm that raged within her. Despite the abject terror, he felt for the being that had possessed Ali, he was still here, and still by her side. He wasn't abandoning her.

"I want to trust that you're back to being yourself," Braze continued his voice a blend of hope and caution. "But I need to know. Are you truly in control? Can I trust you, Aliris?" His tone carried a mix of vulnerability and a longing for reassurance, his eyes filled with a flicker of fear, verging on terror, and a glimmer of hope.

He reached for his lightsaber, fastening it securely to his belt, ready for whatever lay ahead. "And if we do leave where will we go?"

370d9lz.png

And just like that she was wishing she'd just stabbed him rather than having woken him up. Goldy-Locks. Salad. Those two words echoed in her head as she continued to debate with herself the value of not stabbing versus stabbing. But the mention of her being herself was.. She frowned. And nodded. Right. The sudden chill of remembering what happened had her terrified. Still terrified her.

She hugged herself for a brief moment, then shot up and stood. No, they needed to get out. She couldn't let her emotions take over again and blind her to the reality of the situation. "I'm me. I'm.. I'm me." Her voice broke for a moment, but she did at least keep it from cracking any further.

"I'm going back to the Sith. .. Come with me."

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze listened intently to Ali's words, his expression softening with understanding. He could feel the conflict within himself, torn between the desire to protect her and the uncertainty of the path she was suggesting. The sight of her embracing herself stirred a deep empathy within him, a reminder of the vulnerability and isolation she must have felt. He understood the turmoil she was going through, and he couldn't help but be drawn to her moment of vulnerability. Without hesitation, he gently embraced Aliris, his touch offering comfort and understanding.

As he continued to rub her shoulders in a soothing motion, Braze spoke in a soft, earnest tone. "I believe in you, Aliris," he began, his voice laced with sincerity. "I've witnessed the strength within you, the real you, and your own strength... and I've witnessed the potential for real goodness that resides deep within your heart. I want to be your friend, and support you, and I want to protect you from any more harm."

His voice grew more serious, his brows furrowing with concern. "However, I must walk a different path," Braze admitted, his grip on her shoulders tightening slightly. "The path of the dark side... it's like poison. It may offer power and fleeting satisfaction, but it corrupts the spirit and consumes the soul. It leads to sorrow... pain... I don't want that. I don't want to be held to someone else's demands."

He paused and eased back to look her directly in the eyes, his soft somber jade green orbs searching her eyes for understanding. "I choose a different path, one that embraces happiness, freedom, and serenity. One that has room for hope, redemption, and the possibility of healing. I don't care if people think it's wrong. I want to make my own way, and be free to live my life the way I see fit. I can't see how you can be truly free if you walk the path to the dark side... It's like chaining yourself to a fate worse than death! What kind of legacy is that to leave behind?"

Braze's gaze was filled with a mix of determination and concern. "I care about you, Aliris... and I want to protect you... How.. how can I do that if you so willingly choose to poison yourself?" Braze asked genuinely seeking an answer to that question as if urging her in some small hope she would start to see that what he was saying was true.

Unlike Aliris, Braze was very openly emotional in many aspects, unforgiving and open about his feelings and he felt them in a palpable intensity that was almost tangible in his presence.

As he spoke these words, Braze's embrace tightened, as if silently conveying his unwavering support and determination to protect her.

370d9lz.png

He didn't understand.

Aliris stood rigid in his embrace, her expression just as still. She listened. She watched him. Everything he said was what she had honestly expected. The Sith, the Dark, the Ashlan's had long filled her mind with the idea that it was all negativity, evil, and wrong. But just like them, Braze was wrong. Darth Nwul Darth Nwul had shown her just how wrong those thoughts were.

"I don't see how you're free being a Jedi."

She stepped back, her eyes scanning his. Searching for something. Doubt, mostly. If he was intent on his path, she'd have to figure out a different way to convince him. Before she was blinded by her rage, before he denied her her just vengeance, she thought about bringing him to her side. To the Sith. And now, more than ever, that's what she wanted to do. They didn't have to be all dark and brooding.

"You're lying to yourself if you think you're free. It's not all pain and misery. It's everything. Feeling everything. I won't be made to lie to myself. I won't pretend I don't get angry or I don't feel emotion." Aliris looked around the ship, the room they were in. Looked for her way out. There was still fighting to be done, Ashlan's to kill. To get her revenge on.

"You don't understand what it's like. I won't be able to convince you. Not yet. But I will. Just don't stop me, okay?"

Braze Braze

Elom
Mountain ranges
Seela Leini Seela Leini Niynx Ioune Niynx Ioune

Lao-ta wove her way around the peaks. In and out of valleys but it quickly became apparent that her opponent was not going to play that game. She felt them pursuing from a higher altitude and keeping in line with her. She needed a role reversal and quick

Suddenly her danger sense alerted her with a tingle in the back of her mind. Her thoughts came clear and fast. Roll 90 degrees! Climb and turn! Continue the roll! She reacted almost as she had the thoughts, accelerating into a high g barrel roll a split second before a pair of purple beams lanced past her. She didn't know what that was but it wasn't something she wanted to get hit with. At the peak of the roll she new she would be out of the pursuer's line of sight and she toggled the sensor jammer again, leaving it on this time. As she cleared the roll she accelerated again into a spiraling climb hoping to regain some altitude and power while the other pilot scrambled to keep up. She hoped it would buy her time at least and hopefully even enough power to retake the advantage.

As she climbed and searched with her senses to feel the enemy pilot's reaction she was suddenly overcome by an icy chill. Something was horribly wrong. Not here. Not with her fight. Something was wrong with her padawan. He was in terrible danger and she was miles away. He was supposed to be in the capitol helping with the evacuation. She needed to end this fast and find her way back to him. With a new sense of resolve she focused again on her opponent.

He aimed and squeezed the trigger. The singular void bullet shot, but in the space between squeezing the trigger and the bullet finding its mark a body was ripped from the craft to take the hit instead. That was some fast reaction time and use of the Force. Too fast. Then the thermal silhouette bloomed as it flew at him. Dominik dropped to his hands beneath the lip and got splattered with human debris. He was fast too.

But Carnifex's reaction time... It also meant that he sensed the intention even through the amulet's powers, or through everything going on he heard the trigger depress. Carnifex was better than he had thought. Too good. Carnifex would kill him in a straight confrontation if he made even one mistake.

Dominik weighed his options, to stay and fight to help get the Padawan out, or run.

"Clever tactics and clever gear won't avail you, assassin. The Mandalorians learned that when I reduced their people to a mere footnote."

Ego. True mark of Sith. The Mandalorian were still around, still fighting for their land and their culture. Carnifex had done terrible things to them sure, but he was inflating himself.
"You will cease and desist at once, Lord Emperor—!" commanded Niynx from atop the palace stairway.

That was... the voice of a child? Dominik peaked over the edge of the building to see the young boy descend the steps. He couldn't have been more than 15, this Padawan was standing up to Carnifex? Well shoot, he couldn't be shown up by a kid. He reloaded Equalizer, the shell flying with a ding! when the action broke, and reholstered it.
"What more can death gain you now?" He called down to the Sith below him."Step away from the Jedi and let us be civil. Your point is made. The Sith are recognized and the Ashlans lay broken at your feet— but you are not in so powerful a position as you think. You presence here on Elom is hardly uncontested. Come, let us bring about this transition you seek away from such violence..."
"One might be led to believe that the younger generations have been taught to not approach me, or has my son grown lax in his rightful fear?"
Again, Ego. And then he took his cloak off. Only his saber and armor. Dominik's heart soared when he didn't spot Derriphan. His armor could work then, at least a little.
"Together or alone, it makes no difference. It will all end the same."
"Confronting fear is the destiny of every Jedi," Niynx reminded himself, whispering as if to ward off evil."And I am equal to the task."
Whether this kid was stupid or brave, the outcome would decide. But hell if Dominik wasn't going to leave him alone, him and Padawan Holt, to face down Darth Carnifex alone. Besides, he had fought beside two padawans before against Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall , and won. He could do it again. Maybe they could at least escape. He'd need his ship... He quickly called it back, but it'd take some time to arrive. With now two padawans and Carnifex's reaction time, Dominik couldn't continue firing from his position, they took too long to reach him. He needed to get closer.
tTthrRRUUuumm
The tone of the padawan's lightsaber would be accented by a well-maintained mechanical click-clack of the Cross Cryo Projector getting ready and powering up.

Now his GH05-T droids had descended and made a triangle around the whole area, using their scanning and recon technology to see everything on this battlefield and upload the data to Dominik's Eye. He'd be able to see any tricks being pulled as long as they were up.

"All end the same? I think you're getting a little old, Carni. Time to retire." Attack the Ego, find an opening.

He let out a blast from the Cryo gun before leaping off the building, his left arm once again attaching to the stone of the roof and this time pulled, slowing Dominik's descent to the ground. The shot was slower than a bullet or a blaster bolt, but it was something he had to react to or be frozen, he had to put his attention on it. Once he reached the ground and took a few more steps he fired again at the massive man.

"Get a hold of yourselves! Stay close, don't hesitate and watch each other's backs. I'll harass and soften them up while you cut them down or use your force powers to do it."
Get a hold of himself? A spike of frustration lanced through him. He was hardly ready for this! He was able to take one out before, but so many at once, so much wrong, like fingernails on a chalkboard or a cheesegrater on his brain, it was hard to focus, to act. But the woman providing some kind of plan was better than nothing. Then the woman went and did some really cool stuff with her guns.

Two charged, one at Loomi and another at himself. Loomi seemed to calm herself, and did something with The Force that he hadn't ever seen before. She... pulled a thread out from the beast's head? He saw it like a tangible string reach her hand and at her command, yanked the whole beast towards her. He didn't see what happened next because his own beast got in his face.

On reflex and with a startled shout he leapt back from snapping jaws, twisting in the air before landing on his feet, stumbled, and regained his footing. Training with Amani had brought back his natural acrobatic instincts, a long-since atrophied skill, to the forefront. He wasn't very strong yet physically but he was fast.

The thing continued charging, snapping its maw of blades as Mago continued to backstep. He swung his saber in defense, scoring some searing gouges in its snout and mouth, but only enough to keep it back so Mago could retreat some more. He was continually on the backstep, unable to regain any foward momentum.

And his sight was too focused on the seeder-sized monster trying to eat him, he didn't notice the block of rubble at his heel. The skin of his heel tore as he fell backwards, smacking his head on something else hard and sharp.

Mago had fallen backwards, hitting his head on a sharp looking stone. Loomi's stomach began to turn. The sithspawn was right over him. She had no time to think. Her sword reformed as she sprung into action, leaping across the icy battlefield towards the creature. One clean swing was all it took to cleave it's head off. As the husk of the creature fell and began to deteriorate, the Godoan spun to assess the young Miraluka, sheathing her familiar.

"A-are you..." Loomi began, but her voice began to trail off. "Are... you..."

Her head was thundering now, swirling with different intrusive feelings. Fear. Terror. Dread. Something dark and unnatural sent trembles down her scarred body. Braze Braze ... Loomi had a splitting headache, her balance wavering as shadows began to move around her. Silhouettes with gnashing teeth and brandished clubs, eagerly waiting to strike her. Take her legs. Take her eyes. Then came a sharp pain in her gut, almost as if her skin was trying to twist in on itself. As she went to clutch her stomach, Loomi's hand encountered a damp sensation. As she lifted her hand up, she found it to be coated in blood.

A puncture wound. She hadn't escaped her challenge unscathed. The adrenaline of the moment had kept her from realizing that one of the sithspawn's dagger-like claw which was now imbedded in her side.

"M-Mago," she attempted to continue, her lower lip trembling. "A-are you... okay? I... I think I'm injured."

He wouldn't get a chance to respond, if he could or otherwise. Loomi had collapsed, falling onto her back and scattering dust from the frigid ground.

objective_2.png

(PvE) Objective II — Refugee Crisis

Tag: Loomi Loomi Mago Leomax Mago Leomax

The last remaining and now blinded Sithspawn snarled in terror and fury as it rolled in the ground. Not wanting to waste more rounds on it she put down her rifle and drew her Beskad(beskar-made blade) and leaped forward via jetpack. She slammed into the wounded monster and impaled the sword through the top of its head, piercing the brain. With a final pained breath the beast went limp, never to wake again.

Sighing Minerva with some struggle pulled her sword and wiped some of the blood. Only then she looked and saw the Jedi padawans on the ground. Gasping, she ran over to them. Cursing in her adopted tongue Minerva pulled some first aid, starting with Mago then Loomi. The bandages were on but they needed more professional assistance she could give.

Especially Mago, his wound was deep.

It was then Sergeant Gakot called in.

"LT we wiped out those sleemos but we lost Hin, Yane and Cyel in the process. Odan took shrapnel to the left thigh Stitches doing what he could for him."

"Copy. The two padawans are critically injured too. Regroup and get them and Odan to the nearest evacuation zone, the medics or Jedi healers will handle the rest."

She watched over the pair while waiting. They were young and not exactly prepared for battle but they nonetheless were brave. The dead monsters rotting away gave further proof of it as well.

"Thank you, Jedi." She whispered, doubting that they could hear her.

Years ago Minerva never thought she would be expressing gratitude to members of an ancient order that her adopted people often warred against. Yet it is true and the Mandalorian wasn't ashamed to admit it to herself.

Wasn't long before the surviving members of Strike Force Talon arrived. Two of them each took a Jedi in their arms and flew over to the evacuation zone and Odan accompanied by their chief medic. With that done Minerva directed her platoon to set up behind some rocks in ambush positions as they waited for the other members to return once they dropped off the wounded. The Talons’ fight was only beginning.

Last edited:
MOSHED-2023-6-25-19-46-55.jpg

Objective 1: Don't Die
Outfit: Jedi Robes/Attire
Equipment: Blaster & Vibroknife
Tags: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Niynx Ioune Niynx Ioune
…You have got to be kidding me.

She hadn’t recognised his voice, it was only when Katherine had stepped out of the ship and turned to face him, that she recognized who she was standing before. Amongst all the books and holo-records she had read, the conflict between Jedi and Sith had been a prominent one. And within those historical records, the name ‘Kaine Zambrano’ was one that was repeated frequently, especially during the era of the last Sith Empire.

And here she was, standing before the Dark Lord who she had almost just crashed into. Despite it though, it appeared the towering man seemed almost…amused by her appearance?

"The wayward project, found once more. The All-Mother seeks all of her flock who have been lost. To return you to her side will bring her much joy."

Project? The All-Mother? What was he talking about?

Katherine’s thoughts didn’t go far before a searing pain paralyzed her. As though someone had taken a forge-heated poker and stabbed it into her mind. The young Padawan crumbled to her knees, hands clutching at her head as let out an agonising scream of pain.

Memories flashed through her mind, ones similar to those Kahlil had brought to the surface when they had first met. Of being forcefully pulled away from a building set aflame, the screams of her family buried within. Being strapped down onto something, surrounded by sterile walls and blinding lights. People surrounding her, poke and prodding her body as it was being experimented on.

And the voices, two or three of them that she could never quite place. But now one was clear as day, like a wave of clarity had washed over her. The Dark Lord before her had been present during that time.

Katherine was lost in her mind, oblivious to everything and anything that was going on in the real world. She was frozen on the ground, unmoving as Carnifex slowly approached her. Fortunately, he hadn’t gotten too close by the time the unknown ship arrived above and fired upon the Sith. Even with the impact of the bolts striking the ground, Katherine didn’t even flinch. Dust and small bits of debris fell upon her, and yet she still did not move.

It wasn’t until she felt a presence through the Force reaching out to her, that Katherine finally stirred. The feeling of safety and warmth reminded her of the Nobles, and it was what ultimately snapped her back to reality. Dust had settled around her, obfuscating her vision of where Carnifex was. But while she couldn’t physically see him, she could damn well feel his dark ominous presence in the Force.

The redhead Padawan stumbled to her feet, not missing a beat as she ran the opposite direction, away from the Dark Lord and up the stairs to where Niynx was standing. In that moment it didn’t even register in her mind that the Jedi was a fellow Padawan, and a younger one at that.

CS3FUG8.png

"Ah, the sleeper awakens."

The Dark Lord cast a sparing glance to the young Jedi as she writhed in agony as memories long buried tore themselves free, rising to the surface in a tidal wave of horror. But He didn't have long to contemplate her current state, as the Jedi up on the stairs activated their lightsaber in preparation for what could very well be their final stand. The Dark Lord refocused on him, taking several steps forward in their direction.

Many shadows were cast about the courtyard from the crackling flames, and the fallen ships, and the broken structures. Even the Dark Lord's shadow seemed to elongate far beyond the constrains of it's natural boundaries, becoming warped and distinct from the shape it was supposedly mirroring. Observant eyes would catch the presence of two eyes set into the shadow's face, and a widening mirthful smile that stretched from ear to ear. The shadow slipped into another cast by flame and metal, and disappeared; leaving the Dark Lord entirely bereft of His own shadow.

The assailant upon the building struck again, but this time with a new tactic. A cryo-bolt, slower than a blaster or slug, lanced out towards the Dark Lord. He could see it moving through the air, tracked it as it approached, and with lackadaisical effort allowed it to struck His left forearm. He actually raised His arm so that it would strike Him there, disregarding the potential danger it posed at all. Then the man fired again after leaping from the building, and this time the Dark Lord moved His right forearm into the path of the blast.

Darth Carnifex seemed to regard both of His from limbs curiously, almost smiling. Then He looked His adversary square in the eye as gouts of blue flame, much like the ones He'd harnessed before, sprung from beneath the frozen flesh and metal. The fire raced up both of His arms until they were entirely coated in them, yet they did not burn the Dark Lord, nor did they expel any thermal energy at all. They burned coldly, but they still unfroze His arms within moments. After a moment, the flames receded until they resided only in the palms of His hands.

Without warning, the Dark Lord clapped both of His hands together and unleashed a concentrated torrent of blue flame towards the two Jedi at the palace steps. He'd noticed that the other had recovered and moved to stand beside the other, bringing them both into one place where the Dark Lord could strike at them simultaneously. As for the other, the Dark Lord did not forget. Those same eyes and smile appeared in the shadows at the assailant's back, suddenly manifesting into a vaguely feminine shadow-form that sprung up from the darkness with arms sharpened into razor-points. With the speed of a shadow, the being attempted to skewer them through the back.

kuat2senate.png

Location: Senate Rotunda, Coruscant | Soundtrack: The Normandy

div-orange.png

Kel knew better than most what could happen if another Sith threat were allowed to fester as it had done in the past. He knew what it took to stop them. His eyes were fixed on Queen Kalantha Kalantha as she shared the plight of her people, a bold move that would surely see other allied worlds in the Mid-Rim appearing before the Senate.

He held a deep gratitude for Naboo. It was in Theed that the Alliance met with the other major powers of the galaxy to discuss the Maw’s intented destruction of Tython. The Ashlans, Eternals, and Mandalorians all together, under one banner, to defeat their common enemy.

That’s what it took.

Kel cleared his throat, moving forward again into the conversation.

Unity,” he said sternly, “is the only way for us to overcome the Sith threat. Serving not only ourselves, but our brothers, sisters, and fellow beings of the galaxy. It is our duty to do whatever it takes to protect our people.”

His eyes drifted to Annasari Annasari as he spoke.

“We must move as one if we are to defeat our enemies. And we need a strong military presence to see that defeat to its end. The people of Abregado-rae will do what it must to support this Alliance, and to end this war before it begins.”

“But I also implore you to seek strength not only within, but beyond the body of the Alliance. The Rinward Trade League acts as a buffer between us and the Sith, and once the Caldera is secure, we will find ourselves heavily vested in their ability to stem the tide.”

He thought of Mya Jesel Mya Jesel and Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro . His sabbatical in the Outer Rim was brief, but afforded him much experience and many strong connections.

“We can bolster our defenses with more than credits,” he suggested, “just by capitalizing on the bonds of liberty that connect us to the Trade League.”

“I believe my time served in the Outer Rim would give us an edge in forging a treaty with the League. If it pleases the Senate, I can make preparations to litigate with their Council and come to terms on a unified front.”

A burst of pain and the hot sensation of blood on the back of his head was all he felt for a moment as the beast closed on him. He didn't have eyes to shut, no chance to look away from the horror.

Then its head was cut clean off, Loomi coming to his rescue. She saved his life. He laid there panting for a moment as she started to ask how he was. "I'm fine, just a bad cut-" He winced at the pain and his head spun, but refocused his sight at his surroundings and Loomi.

And her Aura shifted. Like it was being tangled with someone else's. And she was stabbed in her side by one of the claws.
"M-Mago," she attempted to continue, her lower lip trembling. "A-are you... okay? I... I think I'm injured."

He wouldn't get a chance to respond, if he could or otherwise. Loomi had collapsed, falling onto her back and scattering dust from the frigid ground.

"Loomi!" He cried and lurched forward, catching her before she hit the ground too hard. "Oh this is... this is all my fault. No no no!" He had read a bit about SIthspawn before, but each one was made differently. Was this one's claws poisoned? Affected her ability to use the Force? Or were they just claws?! He didn't know, couldn't know. But the claw needed to be disconnected. His saber cut cleanly through the claw, leaving some sticking out but severed from the rest of the body.

Minerva came over with some bandages and Mago refused. "Help her first!"

He used his sight to look into Loomi's body to the claw, seeing exactly where it had punctured her. Master Amani was a fantastic healer, but they had only just begun their lessons into that side of the Force before all this happened. Should he take it out? That would leave a gaping wound, but he could close it with his saber. Or he could leave it in and keep her from bleeding out. What to do, what to do!

It wasn't long before those soldiers showed up to help, carrying both him and Loomi to the medics. He was focused on her the entire time, seeing if the wound was getting any worse. "Careful with her!" He shouted at one of the Mando's carrying her.

The Sith cut through the thrown chair, evaded the strike to his head, and narrowly parried the blow to his torso. But Kass’ attack didn’t stop there. She controlled her two lightsabers with deftness and skill, slashing at him from various angles, punctuating her merciless assault with sudden sharp thrusts of a blade to key vulnerable points of his body. The Jedi Master was fast and surprisingly aggressive, determined to keep the young Sith on his toes.

She was not playing with him. Though the Ashlans were no longer in immediate danger, in this young man she saw what was likely dozens of lives already lost, and hundreds, thousands, perhaps even millions more at stake. If she could defang this cobra now, he would not be able to harm anyone else.

As he raised his blade over his head, she saw exactly what he was going to do. Before he could land the powerful strike, she delivered a blast of telekinetic energy straight to his core, which was left exposed as he lifted his arms. It was certainly enough to knock the wind out of him and shove his body backwards, if not throw him across the battlefield and break a few bones in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom