Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Meetings [CIS Dominion of Tynna | T, 37 ]

i40pPYE.png
Tags: [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"], [member="Cay-Yo"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Iapo Sim"], [member="Valencia Hadley"]
Wearing: Dauntless Commander Dress Uniform
Post #1

It wasn’t like the commander to be late to something like this. But the kraffing driver of the transport had gotten turned around twice on this planet, causing her to have to be walking rapidly toward the meeting chamber, uniform hat in hand as she approached the doors. Weaving her way in and between groups of people probably on the way to their own important meting might not have been the best impression, but the Dauntless Commander wasn’t missing anymore time than she already had.

It took a few more moments of bobbing and weaving, but Luna made it to the doors to the meeting chamber still with a few minutes to spare before being officially late and not fashionably late. Turning to the respresentative standing in the doorway, Luna quickly showed him the credentials required to enter. Upon seeing her slightly anxious state, he gave her an odd glance before waving her inside.

Luna furrowed her brow at this, but there was no time to take thinking about it now. Quickly placing her cap upon her head, the redhead made her way into the meeting chambers, expecting to be greeted by annoyed glances and disapproving looks from her comrades. What she saw, instead, was an empty room, save for a few droids that looked like they were still preparing for the dignitaries to arrive.

Had she missed the entire thing already? No, no that couldn’t be possible. She had arrived late, but not that late! Glancing down at the watch on her wrist, then up at a clock on the wall of the meeting space, only to have it dawn on her way had happened.

She had set her alarm early.

She wasn’t almost an hour late. She was technically right on time. That’s why the guard had given her such an odd look. Which, looking back, would be quite reasonable. Even so, the commander had to keep her obscenities under her breath as she walked back out of the room, now headed toward the welcoming party which should be nearing it’s close. At least she could meet some people there. And maybe by the time she got there her breath would be back to normal as well.

i40pPYE.png

Objective: Meet with the delegates from Tynna for discussions on behalf of the CIS
Tags: [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] | [member="Cay-Yo"] | [member="Derek Dib"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Kaden Drex"] | [member="Iapo Sim"] | [member="Luna Terrik"]

Jepei1u.png

The delegation was growing steadily in number, and it hearted the Viceroy to know that the Vicelord had taken care of securing an adequate security detail. She hadn't met either of the two stoic, armor-clad bodyguards that attended them, but she assumed that one of them must have been Metus' brother, [member="Alkor Centaris"]. It was strange to think of the man she'd come to know as being interested in family, but then again, she'd seen a shift in him since Eshan - and the change hadn't been wholly unwelcome. It seemed that having people close to him had made the Vicelord's outlook a tad... Sunnier, perhaps? Either way, it was good to have a competent security detail, especially if they were here to discuss terms for a new system to join the Confederacy.

Valencia's attention returned down to the Gizka knight as she offered one of her exceptionally kind smiles, the dimples in her cheeks prominent as her pale blue eyes shone with a genuine kindness towards the recent CIS recruit. "I have indeed heard a great deal about you, and I apologize, how rude of me. I'm Valencia Hadley, Viceroy of Manda and special advisor to the Vicelord." Her hand swept to the side as she indicated [member="Darth Metus"] at her side. It seemed that he was concerning himself with the young Viceroy that was stammering a touch through a greeting before them. She turned that smile and those calm eyes of hers to [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] before she spoke once more.

"Good morning, Viceroy Destat is it?" Valencia was a vision of polite and professional, and she did her best not to draw attention to the fact that the woman was struggling to so much as greet the Vicelord. She was an interesting choice for a delegate for these talks, but then again - so were most of those who were gathering.

As everyone began to congregate and mill about, she glanced to the Vicelord for his accent, and upon receiving a slight nod from the Sith, she turned to those who had gathered and spoke a bit louder, hoping her voice would carry to those in their group as well as members like [member="Derek Dib"] who stood a bit away. "It appears that we're nearly all here - shall we head inside and get things started?" She noted that several members of the delegation had yet to reach them, but trusted that they would catch up to their party before they actually sat down to begin the discussions.

Mishel Kryze

M
BLtcKj.png
“In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.” - Yoda
Ammee joined Mishel here at the lake, quietly the Jedi Master placed a small rock upon the sketched out crystal. Mishel felt the woman's aura in the Force before she heard the ever-so-quiet footsteps of the Mirialan. "Focus young padawan, find your introspection let the Force flow through you." Her voice was soft and soothing like that of a warm song that could fill your heart with ease. "Meditate on what you have learned so far, for last we spoke, we touched on fear."

"To let go of what you fear, for if you train yourself to let go of everything you're afraid to lose..."

"If there is no fear, then there is no anger and there is no hatred," Mishel sat with her legs crossed one over the other, tucked in toward her. Knees at a point with either hand resting atop of them. Ammee sat beside the Jedi Padawan as the wind gently scored itself across the Great Lake, ripples rolled out without hesitation rushing up along the shore creating a creamy foam as it did so. The Tynnan sun over them both as the reflection seemed to glitter and as Mishel shut her eyes to focus on what she had learned so far. "I..."

Ammee nodded sagely, "you are unable to let go of your fear?"

"No... I," Mishel opened her eyes and looked down, her shoulders slumped. "I got married."

The Jedi Master's heart dropped not because Mishel had married, no, but rather because this was all too familiar. Ammee had lost her own love so long ago when they were both Jedi Knights having kept their love a secret. Her beloved's fall to the dark side was due to this secrecy, and due to the shame of being unable to take revenge. "So then your fear is losing your spouse."

"Yes."

"I see."

The Jedi Master sat a moment to allow silence to fill the void between them momentarily. When she spoke again she held that same soothing tone, "and you would do anything to ensure your spouse survives, correct?"

Mishel arched a brow, "how is that even a question?"

"Rhetorical." Ammee responded, "then it stands that you have come to know love, compassion - where do you believe this places you now, as a Jedi that is."

"Not sure, to be honest, Master Starchaser has been more about crusades and Mara just keeps me alive half the time," Mishel was honest and the rawness in her voice showed. "But if I lost Shia..." She shut her eyes and squeezed them tight, "I..." Just like that, that darkness was back it roared to life like a fire, a fire that Mishel so desperately wanted to keep extinguished. There is a serenity to accepting that there were things that she could not change and there was courage to change, and the wisdom to know the difference. Fear did not have to be met with fear, fear could be conquered and it could be conquered with hope, compassion and the will to fight through it all. "If I lost Shia, I fear that I would so easily fall back to the dark side, but I know - I know that it doesn't have to be that way. She is not my weakness, and neither is love. It is my strength."

Mishel looked at the Mirialan beside her, hazel-green eyes glistened with the tears that had not fallen. "Death... death is a natural part of life, Shia wouldn't want me to mourn - and-"

Ammee stopped Mishel there with a gesture of her hand, "Yoda's teachings show us that not only is death a natural part of life but that we should rejoice for those around you who transform, are transformed into the Force." That was where Yoda's teachings ended and Ammee's began. "For the Force runs through all things, it is both life and death, light and dark and that in all things balance there should be."

"Your love for Shia, as you say, can be your strength but do not ignore the potential for your attachment and love to also become a weakness."

"That was the folly of my own love, Charlyra..."

Mishel's brows now quirked with curiosity as Ammee offered a small handkerchief and proceeded to tell the story of Charlyra, the Jedi, the Fallen and now the Sith.

BLtSO1.png

Objective: Represent the Confederacy during the Tour
Wearing: This
Tag: [member="Shakti Sweet"] | [member="Ephraim"] | @Igrid L'lerim | [member="Jayce Pryde"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]​

It was a corporate world, from her research. The planet itself has called upon the Confederacy for a meeting as the faction made its way toward its system. Right now, a number of their delegates were meeting with representatives of Tynna while a handful of others had opted to attend their organized tour around the capital. Cora had weighed her options and the number of delegates already signed up to attend the meeting before she had opted to mingle with the locals, to get a feel of the planet and its culture in person, as informative as the collected and prepared information had been, it was never the same as seeing things first hand.

Around her, other Confederates were talking amongst themselves and with their patrons. Cora listened quietly as her emerald green eyes observed and took it all in, before she overheard a small child speak directly to them, asking about some sort of gym. It wasn't an overly curious conversation but it had caught her ears none the less for the briefest of moments.

Cora had been on Ando these past months, leaving her planet when she had been summoned by the faction to meet or if the planet required her to attend meetings with outsiders for various reasons. It was her home, it was where she belonged. She had once been an outsider but after so long, she belonged there despite being nothing like the other patrons of her world. She was at home. And for having come from another world and learned to be one of them, she was in a great many ways capable of representing the world, her world.

Introductionary conversations began to die out as their patrons began to call for their attention, leading them inside. Her attention focused on what they were saying about Tynna.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
BLt5vW.png

System Represented: Castagne
Order Represented: IBI, Castan Executive branch, Bio-research
Ship in orbit: Castan SD-Tecknor
Interacting with: [member="Derek Dib"] ~ [member="Darth Metus"] ~ [member="Valencia Hadley"]

A cold sweat had come over the IBI agent, over the very fact that she were standing now face to face with the very man she had come to question..or were about to inquire somewhat of the Viceroy [member="Derek Dib"].
Yes, it were one of those scenarios of finding oneself in the very presence of one whom you were about to question about...or rather, talk about with a Viceroy.

And it were without say that when another delegate a name which didn't seem to sink in at all, for the universe at this time was nothing but one incoherent hiss as she counted down the grueling seconds she were in the Vicelord's spotlight.
She did however keep her poise and seemed to acknowledge the woman whom had brought about a second or two of relief. If Karlie had comprehended, then she would not only have heard her name were Valencia Hadley, but that she had thought Karlie as a Viceroy. Of course she weren't, but her father [member="Tarssin Destat"] was.

For a moment, she remained there midway from where she had gotten up from her seat to where she had been heading before Metus 's overwhelming presence stopped her.
What were she to do now? Had the sith somehow got wind of her antipathy towards his person as both being of sith and of the recent CIS excursions and conflicts with neighboring factions. Her eyes cautiously looked over to where her destination had been. Now if she continued on, it may give all away, if she hadn't already. Karlie's pulse pounded heavily in her head. For now, she were alone in her discordant over the CIS leadership and direction.

Karlie was very much in line in her thinking to be considered treason.
no...no, she couldn't..mustn't share her discord with anyone...not Derek...not her father...not anyone today. Not this day...

God was she so ever parched.
Thirsty on account of going into a cold sweat, she attempted to wet her lips, but it didn't whatsoever quench the thirst she had just developed.
Still, she were standing there not certain as to what she wanted to do. Her initial intuition that maybe the Viceroy derek was approachable had gone out the window per say. She weren't feeling it. Actually she were petrified at the moment still thinking of striking up a conversation with the Viceroy. If she weren't going to probe the man about his feelings of their Vicelord and the direction their faction were going, then what would she talk to him about?
And then there was the fact, the cold hard fact that Metus himself were here in these proceedings.

It were not the right time. Hell, if anytime were the right time to question the validity of their Vicelord.
Karlie looked over the assembly. they were soon about to get underway and convene. And she were standing there like a ditz.
Taking a deep breath, she turned and made her way back to her seat.

"I wasn't aware your father stepped down, Miss Destat...or should I say Viceroy Destat?" the delegate next to where she were sitting asked.

"Say what?... My father?
N..no, no he hasn't stepped down..no." She looked over to him like what kind of joke are you pulling...really? Where did the man get off asking her that?!

"My err then, Miss Destat. But I couldn't help overhearing Manda's Viceroy address you as such...Viceroy Destat. My mistake no doubt then." he seemed apologetically enough to snap Karlie out of her daze.
Good lord, had she missed that..IN FRONT OF METUS?!

"No, no problem. I had my mind on something else...the meeting...."
She shot her eyes on over to where the Vicelord was at the moment.
"...I must have missed that." She said, spotting the Vicelord going about greeting most of his Viceroyalty. And he had not corrected the Manda representative, the Viceroy whom addressed her as one of their own. What was that viceroy's name again?...
Frak, she had to get her mind back on track...Hadley, Hadley it were. Yes, Viceroy [member="Valencia Hadley"] of system Manda.
She would have to talk with her before the day was out.

"Sigh..." Talk, she were thinking...

Karlie had wanted to talk with Dibs, but the opportunity at the moment had closed up. Had closed up the minute she had found herself being overshadowed by the Vicelord himself. Everything, everyone else around her had been nothing but white noice...hiss...static. And that included Valencia's presence.
Damn...

Ok, so she were here to represent Castagne and what it could bring on the table to benefit not only the two systems, but the CIS as a whole...right. Karlie went over her itinerary to get her mind back at the moment and on track.

She still believed in the CIS, only had stated to question it's leadership. Yes, it bordered on treason. But then again there was no doubt in her mind that he knew where she stood regarding her faith in him. The interrogators had gotten that much out of her during their inquiries. It were the only circumstantial evidence they had as to their theory of her motives. But she were found to have been framed and innocent. Charges were thrown out of court and that included her confessions of questioning the CIS leadership, that of their Vicelord, [member="Darth Metus"] .

Her intentional avoidance in looking over Derek was subliminally obvious after she took her seat again, as her eyes looked about everyone and everything but Derek again...

BLtcKj.png
Wearing: Armor | Leather Pants | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets

Tags: [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Ryndrae Talon"]

x7K6md.png

Normally, Madalena hated being on guard duty. It had always felt to her like a waste of her time and abilities, whether it was guarding people who could mot definitely handle themselves but needed the optics of being important, whether it was guarding places where nothing ever happened, or any other of the wonderful and colorful options that guard duty had.

But not today.

Today, there was a smile on her face and a measure of pride as she put one foot before the other, moving from place to place as per the plan and schedule. Her conversation with Cardinal after the liberation of Eshan was still fresh in her mind, and it sent warm tingly feelings to all her finger tips.

And that, in truth, was why she decided to take this guard shift on. As a Knight Obsidian, Madalena's salary was more than enough for the average person. The fact she was always so busy too meant that she usually had more than enough disposable income for all her crazy wants and needs. But this time... This time she needed just a tad little more.

As such, vacation days were pushed, plans were forming in her head, and her she was, making plans and making a wee bit more money. And as she took a turn around another street corner, there was exactly one hope beating inside of her; that when he saw what she had planned for him, the expression on his face would make it all worth it.

Grey-Cloud.gif
Wearing: XoXoXo
Objective: Meeting of Minds...Maybe.​

Srina arrived late. Not surprising. The duties to both Eshan and her Family left her strained and pressed for time. Nevertheless, she managed to keep to her timetable. It was said that Tynna was one of the most beautiful worlds in the Expansion Region, with lakes, forests, and oceans that could put the loveliness of Naboo to shame. It was only hampered by the chilly climate. The ivory creature had never minded the cold, especially, not while her affinity for it seemed to grow.

Elegance breathed anew with her quiet arrival. There was no fanfare, no statement, and no outward need for her to be noticed. The diminutive woman was wrapped in white shimmersilk that held to her form as if she had been poured into it. A gray cloak, made for mourning, flowed with her like gossamer that had been stolen from the wing of a butterfly. It was a cruel comparison, but in those moments, ever so accurate. If this weren’t a diplomatic venture she would have been flanked by either a pair of Magnaguard, Dauntless, or Knights Obsidian.

The young Exarch wasn’t sure what she would have preferred for company. Warriors, soldiers, or a robot. Her expression was stepped in emptiness, though her eyes, remained alight. Stars lingered there, no matter her detachment, or her sorrow. Echani eyes saw everything, and missed, nothing. It was a blessing and a curse. She saw the light weaponry, hidden, that no one else was intended to see. The defenses. The apprehension.

Yes. Tynna wanted the Confederacy here. They had been the ones to open the doors, though, it did not seem that they fully trusted the Droid Nation yet. It wasn’t surprising, considering, that the Tynnan’s were among the most well-informed species in their sector. It made sense that they wouldn’t put everything on the line until they could be sure that their people were safe during the initial negotiations.

They were looking for a business partner, it seemed, not a handout.

A familiar presence washed over her without care. Warmth. It echoed unbidden through the icy chains that kept her bound to her duties, threatening to melt them, but the Echani stood fast. It did nothing that she did not wish for; as the energy belonged to [member="Darth Metus"]. He was here. She could sense him and others that made her long for a simpler time. The sight of [member="Derek Dib"] reminded her of the Golbah Games. He looked then, as he did now, and just as before…She couldn’t fathom what it was that he was thinking.

There were others still, but as the meeting seemed ready to begin, Srina remained on the edge of the Viceroyalty and Merchants that seemed interested in forming a partnership. Her eyes pulled away from the direction she knew her Master to be in and her footsteps slowed. Did she even need to be here? Wasn’t negotiation of contracts more under the purview of the Minister of Commerce?

The silent woman instead turned toward one of the many windows to observe the frigid world that had invited her nation to parlay. The cold was better. At least, it left her numb. Feeling…

It was overrated.

Karlie Lynn Destat

BLt5vW.png

Interacting with: Open

"Hmm..." Something told her that she knew her...from...someplace...

Unbeknownst to Karlie, some of her memory had been consumed by a psycho vampire, Nine lives during Karlie's ordeal concerning the Melida/Dan incident.
Just tid bits of memories, like sentences omitted from a story seemed to be missing...forgotten. Nine had been careful to take only that which she needed to complete her own jig-saw bio of Karlie. Nine couldn't very well have taken all, otherwise the blond would have had much more difficulty in navigating through her own identity. As such, perhaps just a sample of Karlie's life experienced had become somewhat vague. But not of all aspects mind you. Why Nine Lives hadn't taken more or all remains unclear. But it did leave the blonde with just an intuition that she had seen the silver hair woman before, just couldn't place her.

Well, that's what data pads were for. at least how it seemed to serve Karlie today.
-.. [member="Srina Talon"] , Exarch - ......
-data....data...data....data......

"Oh... that's right...." It were all Karlie knew of the woman, now matching features to the data files.
But not one memory recall of meeting the young Echani on Castagne...
No recall of Srina on the shores of the sea, near Karlie's bungalow...
No recall of the face paintings that Srina were giving the children and not even the one Karlie received herself.
No recall of even meeting her on Melida/Dan even...Damn that psycho vampire Nine!

If Karlie still had those memories, she would have been quite surprised at this moment, as Srina at the time (on Castagne) had not revealed to her whom she were. She were there enjoying painting animal faces on Castan children and CIS guests at the shore celebration.
Nope, Nine lives had inadvertently consumed that...perhaps it were too sweet a morsel for her to pass on... who knows now? Unfortunately, nine had consumed the Melida/Dan interaction for it were only a brief moment and the vampire's interest in it, as it did relate as to why Karlie had found herself in Nine's lair, that brief encounter had inadvertently been consumed. After all, it were just a brief encounter and how were Nine to know until that was it?

Nevertheless, the elegant white flowing shimmersilk gown were hard for Karlie to not take in all in.The intricate handmade stitching and lacework, the flawless form fit it spoke craftsmanship. It were simply beautiful for her not to admire, if not the woman herself in the gown.
"Hmm...well that certainly must of cost a pretty credit..." She mentally commented, before exiting the Exarch's file and getting back to the job at hand.

BLt5vW.png
Tags: [member='Valencia Hadley']

Cay-Yo looked initially surprised that Valencia had heard of him, had he really gotten that much recognition already? It would be safe to say that Cay-Yo was quite thrilled at the big leap from Jen'ari Empire POW to famous Confederate warrior! The Patitite folded his arms over his chest and with a big grin on his small face he announced to his conversational partner "It is nice to meet you, Valencia Hadley."

As Valencia made her recommendation to the rest about starting the talks Cay-Yo agreed eagerly "Oh yes, time for the Bigs to talk." Now finally they would get to reason they were all here! Although out of his element he was confident that he could conquer this battlefield as well! On his long road towards self improvement, power, and creating a new future of the Patitite of Patitite Pattuna perhaps learning how to convince others through words alone would be a helpful addition.

Blueberry flavored Sith
BLtcKj.png
Objective: Explore
Tags: [member="Alden Akaran"]

[SIZE=11pt]Tynna, so that’s what they called this rock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It was a painfully boring rock at that too. It’s wealth dulled her, rich people in general made the Chiss remarkably bored. The quaint and the posh were the murderously dull sort of people.Little they could help, Keva, while painfully quiet and observant was as rowdy as any veteran soldier: she just merely couldn’t express it well.[/SIZE]

The history was utterly fascinating, of course, but it was not Military history. The indoctrinated little Chiss always did find herself utterly engrossed in the military history of governments and planets, how one wages war is truly the gateway to understanding the deepest recesses of the their mind. The kindest very well could waged the most cruel and bloody wars.

[SIZE=11pt]But she had fallen into internal monologue again.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“That will work.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Her Basic always yielded basic responses, for the most part.Her mouth barely seemed to move when she spoke: a trick she had learned from the Commandos. Was helpful for the mighty skill of sneakiness. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Just outside Tynna Central Government Building[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Dwelling on the past/look to the future[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Wearing: [/SIZE]Casual Robes[SIZE=12pt] [Black & Gray in appearance; mourning over the events of Eshan][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Tags: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"][/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]
BlueBell.gif
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt] The times of late had not bid well for the Echani man. Not even the retribution for the wrongs committed against his people and his family had been able to flush the anguish and sorrow that filled him to his core. The pain upon the needless loss of life suffered by his own and inflicted by the warmongering brutality of the brutish Mandalorians still clung heavy in every fiber of the man’s being. It would take so much to recover from the loss of his wife and unborn child at the wrathful hands of such tyranny, but Tynna was perhaps the start of such things. After all, his whole purpose for having even come in to begin with was to seek an escape from that which continue to dredge the painful memories that still hung fresh from just weeks past. In a sense, the pain and sorrow he felt were ripping the man apart, manipulating him into simply a husk of his former self. A fire whose flames had been fanned into a raging inferno by the ire that boiled from within. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]However, what had brought him here, today, sat outside of such simple explanations as escaping the events of the past and canned phrase of “getting over it.” No. Family tired in heavily to today, namely a member he held dearly, yet had not seen since before the Confederacy had forced the Mandalorian repentance for their uncountable sins against Eshan. It was the presence of his niece that seemed to call him to this place today. A girl he’d seen grow unimaginably through the years. From the tiny, fragile infant he’d once hugged to his chest to a beacon that guided and drew others to herself whether or not she saw it herself. Truth be told, it was family, such as [member="Srina Talon"], that held him to the world of the living. That was a fact that could not be denied. And his family with its safety and security was everything to him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He stood outside of what was undoubtably the central government complex of this world, held hanging low. His sorrow over the loss wouldn’t be difficult for a passerby to make out, but he held more than that sorrow within himself. His long, white hair hung low, the long straight lochs flowing past even his shoulders. His darker shades of gray and black that garbed his figure were also a testament to his time of mourning and the fabric had been of the utmost quality. It hugged to his form, yet kept a loose feel to it. It was a formal attire in a sense, but it was an attire he often presented himself with. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Tynna (Planetside)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Explore the ‘other’ parts of the city[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Tags: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][member="Keva"][/SIZE]​
BLtcKj.png
[SIZE=12pt] The Chiss were an interesting people. At least in the eyes of Alden. The were a people of a constitution that welcome the frigidness of an artic glacier, and in his experience even seemed to prefer such landscapes as to those he enjoyed himself. However, he’d always been able to level some kind of rapport among any number of their kind which he’d noticed possessed a particular fondness toward anything military. And he having been a part of the military in some form or fashion through the majority of his adult life, he held certain similarities of interests. Perhaps that is why he had turned toward the only Chiss among the group to suggest they move on from the organized gaggle they were presently in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]With a nod and a smile, he slipped away from the group as it continued onward, deeper into this museum, and he did not. The funny thing in it all was that they barely even begun the guided tour and he’d already driven himself to slink away and take another with him. Perhaps among the various gaggles and cliques, the two of them could find something more interesting to get into. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“The name’s Alden,” he said with a slight bow of his head. “Alden Akaran. Sky Marshall in the CDF Navy.” He finished with yet another bow of the head, yet being sure to use one of his official titles as he knew that the Chiss as a whole, were quite keen to such things. [/SIZE]

Grey-Cloud.gif
Wearing: XoXoXo
Objective: Meeting of Minds...Maybe.​

Mercurial orbs caressed the transparisteel as they watched frail little snowflakes fall. If she could tune out the hustle and bustle of the Viceroyalty behind her it was almost soothing. The hair on the back of her neck began to stand on end, slowly, but surely. Her extra senses told her that someone was watching her. Srina inhaled. She could taste curiosity. Confusion. A dozen different other different emotions plagued the air. Some of them flew over the Exarch’s head—but hostility was not present.

Her shoulders relaxed as the tightness between them faded. She turned her head, slightly, just so that she could see whom stood just out of her field of vision in the reflection. Silver eyes flared with recognition. [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]. How long had it been since she had seen the golden-haired child of Castagne? She remembered the beautiful planet that the young woman hailed from vividly.

Blue skies. Perfect oceans—Wealthy, shiny, happy people.

The memory of using her oft-ignored artistic skills that she acquired from her mother, to paint faces, among a sea of smiling younglings, felt so distant. It was less clear than it used to be. Tainted by the subsequent wars that had followed. She couldn’t smell the ocean anymore. She couldn’t picture the exact shade of the sky. Now, it was just part of the journey.

“Ms. Destat.”

Her gentle tones carried to the ears of her target, swiftly, and with a singular purpose. Srina did not seek to detract from her experience on Tynna but simply wished to greet her. It had been quite some time since they had crossed paths. She realized that Karlie might not know that she was an Exarch, or, that she might not recognize her title—but they at least knew each other’s faces. As Karlie had a tendency to attend official events in the Viceroy of Castagne’s stead it was Srina’s duty to know her name regardless.

She did not know, however, that her memories had been stolen by a psychic vampire.

A new sense crossed through her and her chin rose slightly. She looked passed the reflection in the glass and saw a familiar swath of white hair. At first, her heart swelled, as the image of her father super-imposed itself over the Echani male that stood not far away. One blink told her that it was close. So close, however, not quite. Her mind would brush against his, just as delicately, as the snow did fall. ‘It is cold outside. Come in, Tôrada [Uncle]. The Confederacy does not bite…’

She hadn’t realized that [member="Ryndrae Talon"] had left Eshan at the same time that she finally chose to depart. Despite everything that happened, she still wondered, if he had come to bring her home. The reason that she had left home in the first place no longer existed. The man that had killed her sister-in-law, that had taken her niece, long before the war, had perished along with his entire house courtesy of the debris from a capital ship. For now…

Her responsibilities were split. She would return to Eshan, frequently, but she wouldn’t abandon the duties she had taken on. That wasn’t the Echani way. It wasn’t her way.

‘If I had known you were coming I would have greeted you properly. Forgive me.’

BLtcKj.png
Company Represented: The Corellia Digital Corporation
Order Represented: Knights Obsidian
Gear: Lightsaber | Ring | Obsidian Strike Armor

lIhZpkf.png
[ post theme ]
KO_avatar01.png
The meeting with the Tynnan executives had been very pro forma.

The Tynnans weren't really interested in doing business with the greater cosmos, just yet. Four hundred years of isolation was hard to overcome, even without the proverbial game of thrones going on with galactic powers flaring into existence and then fizzling back out again.

But Sor-Jan had really been interested in doing business with them either.

...well, he was and he wasn't. He'd never turn down an opportunity to increase his quarterly earnings, but the meeting with the Tynnan executives had really just been about putting himself in the right place, at the right time.

The Knights Obsidian had been tracking an illegal slave operation for the better part of the last seven months. Part of the problem with disentangling the criminal organization had been determining just where the money was coming from. Right now, all roads led to Tynna.

And Sor-Jan had managed to slip a slicer chip into the primary server room during the tour. From that entry point into the Tynnan infrastructure, he'd managed to slice his way through several pyrowalls and into one of the national bank's maintenance subroutines. It was slow, meticulous work, but the Knights Obsidian were not known for anything less. And Sor-Jan certainly wasn't about to jeopardize Confederate-Tynnan relations any more than was necessary.

Most of the leads had turned up to be false account numbers, but one had stuck.

A warehouse on the lower east side of Lutris. Near the spaceport, but in an industrial section used primarily by the massive freight handling droids that automated shipping and receiving. So, not a lot of people going in or around that area.

A perfect spot to operate unseen.

...for a time, anyway.

Karlie Lynn Destat

BLt5vW.png

Interacting with: Open

Karlie wondered for a moment as to the young Echani's interest to what she could only observe as a white out. Karlie's eyes hadn't for years seen beyond that of visible light. She had rid of the disease called the force by her own means.
But her eyes could still pickup beyond the spectrum of sight itself...she picked up the minute sadness in her posture, even if it had been a momentary exchange of breath. And from the reflection of [member="Srina Talon"] in the glass from her vantage point, Karlie could see that the young woman were looking beyond the fall of ice crystals called snowflakes.

The familiarity of the woman puzzled her for that brief moment she were granted in observing her, as Srina had her back to her looking out. And no doubt the woman's sight were beyond the reflective surface of the duraglass, while Karlie's focus were on the woman's reflection... of her features, her eyes... sad and distant, like being elsewhere for the moment.

Karlie's eyes dropped to elsewhere, avoiding the all too embarrassing 'caught staring' when the woman withdrew from the windowglass. Karlie assuming she had averted her state were taken back a moment when she were addressed. It were one of cordial an perhaps the woman had done more research than her as to the attendees here.

Blue skies and celestials met for but a second before Karlie returned her greeting. " Lady Talon..." She replied with a slight nod of acknowledgement and a smile.
No...no hint of any ill feelings, that she could pick up. Perhaps the woman had by chance not been informed, nor had interest in Karlie's illegal begotten confessions. Then again, a woman of high position such as Srina simply balked at the evidence that Karlie's counselor [member="Vera Mina"] had not only had thrown out of court, but maybe had stricken it altogether?
Karlie couldn't dare hope for something so absolvable, as what the reports were of what the CIS interrogators had extracted from her. Although most of her ordeal, she somehow couldn't quite remember in full, thinking that she herself had blocked most of the interrogation out, and not had it devoured by [member="Nine Lives"] during her guest stay on Castle Morpheus.

Still, the feeling that she knew this Enchani from somewhere were something she could not place her finger on. But her intuition were telling her that the woman were not unapproachable. Only at this moment, there wasn't anything that Karlie could think of as to her reason to do so. It certainly would make for some awkward moments of silence, despite the familiarity she were feeling. Perhaps some other time.
Karlie once more presented a smile before the woman's attention were drawn again, elsewhere...to another member in the current assembly.
Karlie chose not to have her eyes follow...for she had stared long enough at the woman.

Blueberry flavored Sith
BLtcKj.png
Objective: Have fun, get drunk
Tags: [member="Alden Akaran"]

[SIZE=11pt]Keva fit the bill of the overly militarized Chiss far too well. That had been more or less her lot in life for far too long: serve in the CEDF, succeed in the CEDF, and reap the profits for her family. Of course, she abandoned CEDF for a CDF instead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]That didn’t mean she was a totally loyal and by the books fleshy droid, of course. And she sneaked off with the human without a second thought, giving a mere nod as a response to his smile. She didn’t smile much anymore.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Keva.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She also, was much more keen on short phrases rather than stringing out her poor basic unless her T-series translator was around (though for some reason they called it a “tactical” droid). No show of title or rank in sight, unconventional it seemed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Tynna (Planetside)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Explore the ‘other’ parts of the city[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Tags: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][member="Keva"][/SIZE]
BLtcKj.png

[SIZE=12pt]So, this was different. The Chiss he’d met just now, didn’t seem to be one for the formalities. Good! It would definitely make things simpler overall. If not simply for the ease of conversation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It wasn’t long before they were both out of the museum and making their way into the local town. It was a market district by the looks of things and if it was actually a market district, it hopefully meant that there was food in plentiful supply nearby. Alden hadn’t thought about it previously, but he was quite famished and his stomach echoed the sentiment as it rumbled with ill contempt. Hell…maybe there would be a drink they could claim in the efforts moving forward as well. “I don’t know about you, but I could use a decent meal and drink.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He motioned with an arm as he spoke, hoping she would agree with his suggestion.[/SIZE]

BLtcKj.png
Wearing: Armor | Leather Pants | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Ryndrae Talon"] [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

x7K6md.png

Her path had led her to the government building. Madalena shrugged as she double checked that this was where she was supposed to go. Why she had to get actually inside was beyond her; there were more than enough droids for that, and since there wasn't any actual danger anyone was foreseeing, it seemed more like busywork.

Still, it was part of the job, so the Sithling shrugged and went in. The inside was at least temperature controlled, and soon enough she felt more normal, less hot. There were a bunch of people coming and going, and frankly, she recognized very few of them.

Eventually though, after taking a turn, her eyes fell on three people ([member="Srina Talon"] [member="Ryndrae Talon"] [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]). Only one of them she recognized – the Exarch. The man was a stranger to her, and while the girl who no longer existed would have recognized the blonde, Madalena was not her, and thus had no clue who she was.

Nodding to the group, she leaned against the wall.

Objective: Secure area, routine checks.
Nearby: [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Valencia Hadley"], [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

For Alkor, a precursory look around the room told him there were no obvious assailants. Security measures taken before gaining entry to the area assured him that nothing could have slipped past to make that assessment false, so he let his tension abate slightly. As a Protector of the People, however, he was coming to understand that his duty was constant and he could never fully relax- an unspoken aspect of the position, so to speak. Certain that Isley and his entourage were as safe as Tynna could keep them, the younger brother of House Vi'dreya withdrew to conduct a sweep of the perimeter.

There would be others present, and to ensure their safety as well as a peaceable transition into Confederate life, the Knights Obsidian would collect new data and provide for the common security. There were other CDF elements at the meeting, and they would remain close at hand in the event their intervention became necessary. He excused himself wordlessly and reentered the corridor that led outside. Several others were there, quietly playing the part of important guest- Exarch Talon, for one, and another Knight he had not met yet.

Alkor stepped toward the Echani woman and looked out the window to see if she was looking for anything in particular, or simply bored. He did not presume to initiate conversation, of course. He kept his helmet secure and waited for her to either acknowledge or dismiss him. Both were very real possibilities.

Blueberry flavored Sith
BLtcKj.png
Keva was far from a standard chiss, she forgoed standard naming conventions, abandoned the CEDF, and rarely showed off her fairly meaningless rank: Marshals were everywhere, so it seemed. And she was a fresh Marshal at that, little accomplishments to her name.

[SIZE=11pt]She moved with a remarkable lack of sound, some combat training from fighting the horrors within the Unknown Regions: and a good trick for getting the drop on an enemy to take them out with the benefit of surprise.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But this was no such combat scenario, as much as the Chiss would enjoy to be figuring out the operating of a CIS droid army much more than skulking around some rock, once the pair were out of the musuem she gave the Sky Marshal, or whatever he had called himself a nod.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“That works.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As usual, short responses.[/SIZE]

[member="Alden Akaran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom