Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SJO] Crystal Hunt

Pash Tafo

P
The pungent glands the Wookiee displayed were unpleasant but a boon to the party, giving them a huge advantage moving through the Kinrath hives. His assumption would be that the glands would be deployed and applied once they landed near the hive, and outside the confines of the ship.

The impetuous Zabrak padawan felt otherwise, and seized a set of the glands. "Zavii, wait!" Pash exclaimed, trying to stop her before from squirting the sweat over her head. He failed, and It filled the lounge with its stench as it rolled down her body. Pash began to laugh. Others took up glands as well, Asaraa poking one of them and spraying herself with the insectoid sweat too.

Pash watched as one of the glands 'floated' towards Viri, behind her, and it too blew open, against the back of the Shistavanen. In the confines of the ship, the stench grew stronger, the air refreshers straining to filter it out.

The Matukai looked over at Jyoti with a smirk. "Smells like a kinrath frat party." He joked before reaching into the Wookiee's crate and took a gland for himself, placing it gently in a pocket of his field pack.

[member="Zavii"] | [member="Viri Monn"] | [member="Kiran Arlos"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Viathae Qarmast"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

He had almost, ALMOST retorted "It smells akin to thy mother" toward [member="Pash Tafo"] when he'd spoken, but decided to hold his tongue. While he was joking, he didn't know if it would be received well. Regardless, he could tell that the rest of the group was having just as much of a problem with this repungant smell as he was, and not many of them had thought to take measures to counter it. Well, Jyoti had gotten on him for being introverted today, so it seemed that perhaps he needed to change that... And do his job in the process.

"Alright folks, impromptu lesson time. If you already know this power and haven't used it because you just like the smell, you're free to ignore this rambling old man and he won't judge you for your... Tastes" the 28 year old Jedi Master would remark, half-jokingly as he would step forward before turning toward the rest of the group. He seemed to be most confident when he was giving a lesson, or was in the midst of combat. It was a change that Jyoti would likely notice immediately in contrast to his quietness earlier.

"It's clear to me that this smell is probably going to be a distraction if we encounter battle. Since we can't have that, I'm going to give you a free lesson. This is a pretty basic power, but you would be surprised how many Jedi don't know it" Josh would admit, shrugging his shoulders as he would then begin to give the lesson. His eyes moved first to [member="Jyoti Nooran"] for some sort of permission before he would look around at the folks around him. From Padawans [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Zavii"], [member="Tanaski Yumi"], [member="Kiran Arlos"], [member="Jerit Kolomor"] and others, to Knights and other ranks such as Miss Helmet [member="Viathae Qarmast"] and then back to [member="Pash Tafo"] who's mother he'd almost cracked wise about. Once he was sure everyone was accounted for, he would begin.

"Force Breath, it's usually for repealing toxins in the air from getting into your system. It basically creates a miniature, invisible forcefield around your head that contains air that is breathable for you, and keeps anything else out. So in a lame man's terms... Good air in, bad air out. While this is meant for toxins, it'll be just as good against... Aromas like this one that could be distracting in a fight.

So follow my lead. Relax, reach out. Clear your head, feel the Force within you and outside of you, and reach out. Take it, take it's hand like it's a friend offering aid, and shape it. Mould it to a small field around you. Not too big, not too small, just enough. The reason you want it to be just fitting enough is making it too big will take more energy, which isn't good if you want to prolong it."

Josh would turn the power off, before immediately activating it again, letting them sense through the Force what he was doing as an example. "The air it calls in is the kind that your body is most used to being around. You could call it like using the excess that sticks to you. So you can use it even while at that moment being exposed to air-based toxins or something that is distracting to your senses.

Just remember, this takes a measure of energy to hold. I would turn it off the moment the toxins or distraction is gone. Though with further practice, the amount of energy required can be minimized to almost nothing. Moreso as you figure out the proper size that works with your body."

((Sorry about the delay in posting. Invasions have been a time sink, but I should be posting more regularly now.))

After the crate was opened, and its contents shared, Jyoti and the rest of the party was treated to an...experience.

Being closest to the craft, she felt like she was hit with a big wall of stink, especially as one of the sweat glands was passed onto her. Her nose wrinkled. It was like holding a sack of rotten eggs in her hands.

The entire room erupted in a myriad of reactions (and near gagging) to the sweat sacks. Meanwhile, the Echani noticed a distinct rumble from Qushk. He was laughing.

She looked back over at him with a raised eyebrow. Could have warned us.

Josh tried to be helpful in showing them all a quick technique to combat the stink, but nothing was getting the stench of their skin and clothes besides a proper scrubbing back at the Rest.

"Ah...do you have anything else to share?" she asked Qushk.

The wookie continued to chuckle, shaking his head.

<There's nothing more to show you before we get there> he spoke in Shyriiwook. <The purpose of passing out the Kinrath sacks now was to get you past the shock of the smell and get you acclimated to it before we hit the cave. It only gets worse once we're inside with thousands of them running around in confined tunnels.>

"Right..." she replied, then turned to address everyone else. "Alright, it looks like we're done for now. Um, keep careful watch over your sacks, as unplesant as they are to hold and wear. We'll need them once we get into the cave."

That said, she wasn't taking the thing into the cockpit with her. She plopped it back into the crate and motioned for Jerit and Qushk to do the same before joining her.

Back up front, she grumbled a bit as she worked the controls.

"You know...I'm starting to develop some new theories on why Jedi switched to using kyber crystals..."

Her comment elicited more laughter from Qushk.

The freighter slowly lifted from the ground, then shot off into the gray sky toward the coordinates provided by their wookie guide.

ZXDmlmR.png

Another 15 minutes, and they would be there in a remote part of Kashyyyk dominated by large canopies and fog. Flying by the Force and instruments, she slowly guided the Tumbleweed through a clearing she spotted.

"Alright, we've arrived," she announced on the intercomm. "Qushk tells me the Kinrath den is about a half a klick south of our current position, so we'll need to do a little hiking. Stay on your guard, Kinrath aren't the only things out here."

Katarn, gnasp, gorryl slugs, and a wide assortment of other predators that could snatch up witless traveler in an instant. One could never rest on their laurels when on Kashyyyk. Days like these, she wished the Silver Order had chosen a more gentle planet for their new base of operations.

She gathered her things, then returned to the lounge for her sweat gland. After some time to acclimate, the gland didn't assault her senses so much as before. It still a rancid lump of poodoo, but one she could better contend with now.

"Okay, I'll take the lead with Qushk. DragonsFlame on our rear. Everyone stay close."

She finally opened the ramp, and stepped outside for the misty jungles outside. A few steps to clear the ship, then she paused, expanding her senses to get a lay of land. They had certainly been noticed, feeling hungry eyes now fixed on their position.

Sorry friends, but Echani isn't on the menu.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Pash Tafo"] [member="Kiran Arlos"] [member="Viathae Qarmast"] [member="Viri Monn"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Zavii"] [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
As Jerit smelled the gland more and more, he could not bare the odor any longer and went back to the cockpit to follow Jyoti and the Wookie Guide. Jerit sat in the co pilot seat and flew with Jyoti until they reached their destination. It was rather a sight not for the sensitive as what Jerit saw was rather horrific between two predators of the forest. Let's just say one doesn't have a lot of limbs...

"Oh Ashla... All of this for a crystal. I don't even know to call this worth it or not." He said under his breath. He looked down to the controls so he did not have to see anymore until they reached the surface.

The boy helped power down the ship and was the last to board the ramp and leave the tumbleweed. He cuddled inside of his cloak and made sure the seat gland he was handed would hide his scent. He didn't want to be something's dinner after this trip. Plus, he planned to give a visit to a place which etched a lifelong scar into his mind and soul. If he obtained his crystal, Jerit will have a chance to confront his past once more and take a step closer to peace.

He heard howls and screams alike which made Jerit jump slightly. He would have to be strong with getting this crystal. He thought about the new lightsaber and it made him confident.

Those monsters aren't getting their hands on my crystal that for sure.

He looked around to everybody and now waited to embark on the journey ahead.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Pash Tafo"] | [member="Kiran Arlos"] | [member="Viathae Qarmast"] | [member="Viri Monn"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Zavii"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]​

"Rrriiight... whatever 'dat is," the young Zabrak said after [member="Pash Tafo"]'s comment, having never hears of a 'frat' before. Her attention was captured when the taller, blonder man started talking about a Force technique and she listened right up until he started describing a bubble. She already knew how to shield herself, and she also knew that she didn't yet have the level of control to maintain an airtight barrier for more than a few seconds, no matter how small. That was something to be practiced later. Besides, her body was made from tougher stuff, being Zabraki. She could certainly handle a noxious atmosphere for longer than the rest of them could, save the Mandalorian with her armor and perhaps the large creature called Viri. She still wasn't quite sure what it's species was... or it's sex, if such a thing mattered.

She was a little confused when Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"] and the Wookiee Qushk went into the cockpit, but when they started to fly again, she looked at [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] with a little confusion. "I t'ought we was already close... oh well. What were you saying? Oh, rright, about your krysstal?" Zavii cleared her throat and reverted to her Coruscanti accent. "What do you plan to do with it? You already have a lightsaber, right?"

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai elbowed Tana in the ribs once again at his little stunt, though understood that if anyone was unwilling to be covered in the slimy goop it was the wolf, their sense of smell probably being leagues more sensitive then her own, combined with their fur coat and general behavior. That still did not make it right though, 'if she tries to eat you I am not going to defend you brother', hopefully that would not happen but Tana had to learn action has consequences.

With there little sibling squabble over the two turned attention to [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], the Jedi master binging up a good point about breath control, a skill she had yet to learn properly but ultimately needed to at some point, not time like now with an almost unbearable stench wafting through the air. "Brother give it a try if the smell bothers you as well", taking in a deep breath, using her knowledge about force shielding and other power Sukai began to clear the smell from her body, allowing for more focused attention on the mission at hand.

Another short trip to their destination, everyone by now hopefully smothered in the smelly goop. Sukai being more up front with the leading members as they stalked the jungles once more, this area being much more densely packed with foliage then their last stop, herself sensing the beady eyes of the local wild life upon them. The Jins blue gaze peering into the foggy underbrush, a stern and look on her face as the trudged through the marshy wet lands, 'Those critters best be careful, other wise it will be them on the dinner plate... I wonder in the misses wolf is still hungry'?

[member="Zavii"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Pash Tafo"]

She was looking at the ones who were there, allowing the force to focus as she reached inward. Inhaling deeply the force into her lungs and holding it when she worked to control the air in her lungs and make it last. She didn't have to inhale if she could hodl her breath for several hours after all as she focused. The thigh pack of equipment but leaving most of it there when she moved her ears to listen for any of the creatures. Her head turning to look at the two a brother and sister pair that seemed different from the others, their scent was off when she walked over to look down at them but didn't try to look scary more she was trying to seem friendly which was kind fo difficult. "Hello."

Reach out to the force, wrapping it around yourself, but not a big bubble, just one big enough to cover her mouth and nose, to provide her with a protection against the smell that seemed to pervade the entire ship. "You know, you're gonna need to completely refit the ship after this just to get rid of that smell." The Padawan settled back in her seat as the engines came back to life, lifting the shuttle off the ground again as she suddenly sat bolt upright, "wait...this is the Grandmaster's ship we're spraying with Kinrath pheromones isn't it?" Blue eyes glanced guiltily around before she shrugged, that was perhaps something that they should have thought of before, but no use worrying about it now.

Settled back she glanced over at her friend, "My Crystal? Well, you know you can never have too many lightsabers, but honestly, this one doesn't really feel mine. I mean I built it but it uses an artificial crystal instead of a natural one. THere's still that odd feeling in the back of my head when I use it, it's probably all psychological more than anything."

[member="Viri Monn"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Pash Tafo"]

Pash Tafo

P
Once the initial shock of the Kinrath sweat had settled in, the Echani Jedi lead Jerit and the Wookiee guide to the cockpit and their journey continued. Pash chuckled to himself a time or two, laughing at all of their reactions to the unexpected nasal assault. He even though the saw a twinkle in the eye of the Master DragonsFlame that suggested a response to the Matukai Adept's comment. It was well know the Jedi Guardian's sharp wit.

Josh took the opportunity to give a quick lesson to the padawans and aprentices in a Force remedy to the insectoid stench. Pash observed, but would be unable to employ the Force in the manner Josh taught. Pash's connection to the Force was not as strong as the Jedi's. But his Matukai training allowed him to channel the Force powerfully within his own body. And, taking heed from the Jedi master, Pash turned his focus within, using the Force to mute the noxious odor. It was not like a one-time purge of a toxin, and would require some measure of constant attention to maintain.

Eventually, Pash became more accustomed to the stink, and could release his focus on suppressing it. Just in time for the Tumbleweed to land at their destination. An excitement trilled in his chest. Pash did not join the expedition to find crystals, he personally had no need of one. He sought the adventure and the chance to work with other Silvers. Shouldering his pack, the Kinrath sweat gland still nestled in an outside pouch, Pash joined the others descending the ramp and stepping into the misty forest. The team assembled behind Jyoti and the Wookiee, Josh guarding the rear. The Matukai reached to unsheath his weapon, the long haft of the wan-shen snapping instantly to full length.
TeALlAz.jpg

[member="Viri Monn"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Zavii"] | [member="Viathae Qarmast"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Zavii's eyes rolled in a mischievously nonchalant way when Asaraa realized who's ship they had soiled with the pungent pheromones. "Yeeaaaah, but I'm sure she'll get over it before anyone looses too much blood." She grinned at the Togruta as she settled into another chair not far away. The smell was pretty strong, but it'd clear out eventually, probably. Besides, Grandmaster Kitra was one of the most patient people she knew. Certainly more so than herself.

She listened to the Asaraa's explanation of her lightsaber crystal and nodded emphatically. "Yeah I know exactly what you mean. If it doesn't quite fit it can be super distracting. That's the main reason i built my saber as soon as i could. The training saber just didn't feel right but as soon as i fired this one up," she patted the hilt on her right hip, "my rhythm got so much better and everything felt a lot easier after that."

The Zabrak could tell that the others had wasted little time in making their little air bubbles but she still didn't feel the need to do so herself. Besides, in not doing so she'd conserve energy for whatever excitement lay waiting for them in the hive.

After just a few minutes, during which Zavii tried to introduce Asaraa to a musical band called Beskar'ade ("Never mind the violent lyrics, these instruments are fantastic!") They all heard Master Nooran over the intercom announcing their arrival and the usual cautions about Kashyyyk's myriad dangers, blah blah blah. She hopped out of her seat and practically skipped down the ramp into the underbrush with the others. The wind tickled her still-damp skin and played at her robes lightly, sharpening her senses as she listened to the jungle's feral, discordant song. There were definitely plenty of predators around, but she didn't detect anything crazy like a tarrentatek or a reek, so she wasn't especially worried.

"Five-hundred meters to our shiny new crystals. Let's get this party started," she said to the group as a whole with a toothy grin and an audible effort to retain her proper Coruscanti enunciation for the time being.

Viathae Qarmast

Mandalorian Exile Jedi of Clan Qarmast
Ka'ra haar...

She was quite lucky that she didn't had to stick around stick aroudn the bantha pits smelling of a wookie for that long. Luckily, this trip was shorter than the previous one. But to make matters worse, the disgusting goop that she was seeing was just unbearable even to her standards. But she had faced worse. She felt they weer closer, as she noticed that one of the Jedi was getitng happier. She took a look around for a bit and made sure no anomolies were present. For she didn't wanted to feel like she's being lead out here like bait, which she doubts. She glanced at the excited Jedi from her helmat and gave a soft chuckle.

"Don't get too eager, kid." she said to her. "The forests are dangerous, but the caves are even more dangerous."

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

[member="Pash Tafo"]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

[member="Viri Monn"]

[member="Zavii"]

Tanasuki just gave a shrug as his sister idle threat, the wolf person didn't even seem to notice his little prank of spraying the gland juice over their back, perhaps the soft fur and already stench filled area playing a part in it. 'It was just harmless fun; besides I can take care of myself, no beast is going to eat me anytime soon'.

Turning back to the group [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] had decided to give a crash course in breath control, the young boy following his sister lead in trying out the breath control trick. Such a skill ultimately being necessary for other situations in the future, perhaps ones that involved poison gas and other harmfully toxins, but in the end, he decided to just put up with the smell and get used to it. "To much effort to keep up that concentration, but you do you sis".

[member="Viri Monn"]
The trip to the second location did not take long, Tana positioned a little further behind the group just behind Sukai as they ventured into the misty jungle, the damp dirty sticking to one’s shoes with each step. For the most part the group was silent, save for [member="Zavii"] and [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] going about their little discussion, made it easier to keep an ear out for any nearby predators, even if it did feel rather boring, fortunately misses furry had decided to break the ice, walking up beside Tana in a not threatening manner.

"Hello to you too, must say did not expect to converse with someone of your nature, bored like me or was there something on your mind that you wish to discuss"? He knew a canine beast had heightened sensed, like his own vampiric heritage, though there reasoning for wanting to talk was still unknown to the boy.

[member="Viathae Qarmast"] [member="Pash Tafo"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Teaching had been his specialty, his way of contributing as of late, so it seemed like a good time to employ it considering the stench was obviously a clear distraction to the group. Whether they wanted to take the advice and lessons or not? Well, that was their decision. He'd done all he could in this juncture. Though there would be no getting this stench out of their clothes and skin without a good shower... He was going to need one himself, he knew. He'd probably get one once he was on the Final Dragon again. Too bad Shmi wasn't there to join him... It would have made things much more fun after a long mission.

So with that, after heading back into the ship and dealing with these blasted things for the ride there, they would step out. Nodding his head, Josh would take the rear of the group.

The depths of the forest were teeming with life, maybe not to the naked eyes but the party came with senses that far exceeded the limitations of the flesh. As was her want Asaraa reached out with her mind, letting her senses flow along the stream of the force as it tasted the area. She could sense the life all around them, their presence unsettling the normal flow of the deep jungle, an outside and unwelcome presence. It was something like walking into a bar, one of the dives you found in any spaceport. The Togruta could almost feel the eyes staring, the glares trying to drive them away as she padded down the ramp after the group. "You know...it's more than a little creepy around here...I can kinda see why more people don't come down here and try for the crystals. It's not exactly evil but...it's like we don't belong. The wookies chose a great place to come for hunting," she tilted her head to the side, a smile touching her lips, "I wouldn't mind coming back to explore, you know some other time when we're done with this place."

[member="Viri Monn"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Pash Tafo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom