Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
@[member="Penumbra"]

Don't bump someone who is no longer an RPJ.
As it stands this will be permitted the second chance, given that you work with the planet judge on sorting it out.

Please refrain from posting content which will lead to arguments or worse. We're not here to flame nor point fingers.

As it stands, despite the development threads put into this, I agree with the response of the RPJ who oversaw the Submission. There is too much going on, too many restricted items in one set of armour. It's class 10 armour against most things - very few things are permitted class 10 at all.

This will remain denied. On top of this, do not give grief to a new member of staff.

@[member='Circe Savan']

@[member="Jyn Sol"]

It was created to have too much going on. If it was developed in character, then it exists IC. Again, why should OOC determine or get in the way of IC? If it is done, then it's done.

The Sun Crusher existed IC, and yet no one is flying around the galaxy in their swanky godmodemobile.

The second judgement was denied by an admin. You will have to live with that decision, unless the armor is resubmitted with substantial edits. To further expound upon the grievances listed by the RPJ on duty:

- Class 10 armor is restricted simply because it provides immunity to most attacks and thus is effectively invincibility. This is not allowed on a PC.
- The armor has no weaknesses. "Resists blunt force like a suit of heavy armor" is not a weakness.
- It is comprised of three restricted materials. We will never, EVER allow more than one. That is explicitly forbidden by Factory law that was imposed long before I came into this scene.
- All original technology must have a tech thread before it can be used in an action setting. If you require an IC excuse for why you can't use it yet, assume it's still under development until it is toned down to such a level that it won't be instan-denied for powergaming.

As it is written, so shall it be.

@[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]
I have to agree with the tech judge on this one, having read up on the submission while it was being judged. This is going to remain denied - the intent alone would be enough to make me deny it had I been the judge. It can be easily used in a god-mod/OP way during roleplay, as all you would have to do is mince words and hide the fact even OOCly that you're handing them a grenade and not a lightsaber.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

The point of the explosive is to decieve, why would a person IC or OOCly have to know that they're being deceived if realistically they wouldn't know until they tried to ignite it? Absolutely no one who knew what was going to happen OOCly would just say "I know this is going to kill him, but I'm gonna stick to character on this one". They'll find some reason for their character to notice.

Are weapons that hide their true nature banned on this board? Is the surprise just to lethal? If so may I please be granted permission to rectify this? Maybe make it shoot shrapnel instead?

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/24035-tactical-cutter/#entry321289

While it could be likened to a shoto-saber, it's been explained that the device is basically a militarized fusion cutter. This is very important as fusion cutters are not unique to the user and do not have to be created by them like any kind of lightsaber. I guess it could also be used as a PvP weapon, though as stated in the description, the opponent would have to be standing in front of a rifle pointed obviously at them while the user visibly reached for, pressed and held the trigger at a very close range. I do recognize valid points and why this would be denied and I would like to edit certain aspects of it (say, change the minor production to limited) to make it approvable.

http://starwarsrp.ne...-rail-throwers/
I submitted initially and then when it got denied, I couldn't find the thread. I didn't know it was denied. My submission was denied on the basis that the person presiding over it, simply didn't get how it could work. All I'm doing is just putting together two existing forms of technology. The liquid metal cartridge exists in Star Wars. They use them in spike launchers like what was used in Episode two. The liquid metal substance solidifies upon hitting atmosphere. I got that much from the Star Wars RPG core rulebook I have. For reference on that, it's dated around the period of when the Vong start to show up. Again, I don't see what's not to get. Rail technology revolves around electro magnetism used to discharge metallic objects at high velocity. Liquid metal solidifies in the chamber and is thrown out. A timed vacuum system sucks up a portion of the cartridge's contents to ensure the weapon doesn't jam. The person whom denied it just flat out denied it, stating that they didn't see how it would work without even asking for any sort of further explanation seeing as to how they somehow didn't understand the initial specifics.

@[member="Xanthanatos"] Your tech submission is basically a lightsaber shoto bayonet. This was mentioned in the sub, but I want to make it clear that, functionally, it is identical to sticking a lightsaber shoto on the end of your gun with a bayonet attachment. It would be easier to do that. That said, if you want this to be approved for second chance, you'll need to add in some real, measurable weaknesses to ensure that it's used as a fusion cutter instead of a bayonet. At the moment, nothing is stopping everyone who has access to one from starting up their lightsaber bayonet and gutting people with the cutting power of a laser blade.

Weaknesses I would suggest: limited production, a longer start-up time, requiring much more time to cut through tough material than a lightsaber, power drain on the weapon, being unable to cut through lightsaber resistant material (because its a lightsaber bayonet), or some other limitation that makes it unfit for use as a weapon. Pick two or three or all of them and edit them into your submission. Those are the concessions I have for approving this submission for second chance.

You really would be better off just putting your lightsaber on a bayonet fixture, though.

---

@[member="D' Orrin"] You created a duplicate submission for your railgun. Please don't ever do this again in the future. I'm archiving that one.

I've been assured by my Tech Judges that one of them will work with you on your submission to try to get it approvable. It is not approvable as it is, so please cooperate and discuss with them. Approved for second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom