Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Somin MK.II Variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
d9q49i2-e42bd1ba-7c96-48e4-bc1b-b7f98cc2bdd1.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Ammunition Type:
    • Energy
    • Nano Missiles
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Rotating Fire: Designed using a Hapan standard. Each gun barrel is actually three barrels designed to rotate quickly and fire off different shots while the others cool down. Giving it speed and rate of fire but its weapon effectiveness is only ever a third of itself.
  • Alternating Modes: The primary barrels for laser can be shifted to make ion shots saving cannon space on the surface of a ship but it can only use one mode or the other.
  • Composite Beam: The six lasers are designed to focus and be used together to create a much stronger shot that can go against heavier ships out of the ships weight class.
    • Under Somin as Composite-beam laser
  • Turbocharging: Designed like the hornets main feature, the laser cannons can for a short time overpower themselves and the cannons become several magnitudes more power on par with lite turbolasers at the cost of high heat generation and disabling the cannons use for several minutes.
  • Ion Tags: A central part of the Somin to increase tracking capabilities and as part of the system has nano missiles designed for mid range tracking and bursts.
STRENGTHS
  • One two three punch: Designed as a massive blow attack wise. With a combination design utilizing different aspects of strong defensive guns. The cannons rotate quickly making for sustained fire and countering recoil, they use different attacks to target shields, armor and weakening both.
  • Kyber Enhancement: Using methods of the first orders finalizer kyber crystals to enhance the energy output of the ships cannons to increase the damage and attack strength being delivered. For agrocite designs it is used in place of the crystal.
  • Turbocharging: Designed based off of the Hornet class which was able to turbocharge its cannons to impact exponentially harder for one to two hits. The high heat produced gives the somin the strength of a turbolaser for its shots briefly before the guns need to cool down.
    • Composite beam functionality is needed for the composite beam and the power scales to size and power. (IE: a fighr can get a strong hit against a frigate while cruisers can have better luck against a battle cruiser.
  • Tracking: Part of the somin the small ion tags increase tracking capabilities of the computer and allow nano missiles to be used.
WEAKNESSES
  • Sleg: A powerful energy enhancer that allows the cannons to have stronger impact normally and when turbocharged the composite beam becomes exponentially more powerful and hot which can lead to overheating to the point trying to fire a second shot can make the sleg explode and tear the ship apart.
  • Kyber crystals: Using the design of the finalizer and enhancing the power of the weapons with crystals gives the guns a secondary effect as the larger crystals used for weapons can be explosive if cracked.
  • Gun Count: Designed with a hapan system for rotating cannons, the single battery is actually three guns that rotate allowing rapid fire capabilities but only being able to fire 1/3 of the overall guns at a time.
  • Forward Facing: The weapons are very limited in terms of movement and largely meant to be forward mounted on fighters.
  • Mounting: While designed to be highly versatile the cannon can't be mounted on speeders or lightweight craft. Fighter sized shuttles able to support it will be noticeable slower and vehicles generally like juggernauts and heavy tanks.
  • Composite beam: The composite beam of the main gun is designed to improve and add power but it only works for the cannon itself... you can have several cannons join to make a mega cannon.
  • Tagging: The central units ion tags are almost required for smart tracking and without them effectiveness of the cannons is reduced nearly 70%. (emplacements and mounted only)
  • Cooldown: ONce the turbocharged composite beam is fired the weapon systems are disabled for several minutes.
DESCRIPTION
Desiged and redesigned several times to make it more of an upgrade and alternative to the original Somin. some ideas for it from the more experimental wolf cannons came. That was the turbocharger whcih after seeing the uptake in fighters being mounted with dozens of weapons and heavier turbolasers while still being able to maintain insane speeds as well as a multitude of stealth and self repairing systems, primitive didact systems. The Commonwealth went with a more scaled design... the Somin mark two serves the original function with a turbocharger that can convert the composite beam for a shot into a turbolaser at the cost of its weapons systems not being able to fire for several minutes. What came from it was a possibility for a more heavy striking cannon system that would work with the number of improved systems that they were developing. From newer engines to the advanced sensors and the secondary part of the cannons is the ion system.. it allows the ion tags which track and improve the aim of the nano missile launchers to track and take down enemy fighters.

Last edited:
I am going to be honest, I am right now terrified.

• Production: Mass-Produced
  • Modularity: Able to be installed on fighters, vehicles, starships and as an emplacement
Composite Beam: The six lasers are designed to focus and be used together to create a much stronger shot that can go against heavier ships out of the ships weight class.
  • Under Somin as Composite-beam laser
I honestly do not like where this is going. I can see myself putting these on speeders and abusing this rather quickly, even with the weight. Even then, I am seeing multiple tiny death stars running around and practically bunker killers.

I am going to ask a few things out of this...first is the reduction of production to Limited to Semi-Unique. This is extremely powerful as is and I believe afterwards, be still rather dangerous.

Second, the modularity for something like this needs way more specification than what is given. From what I read, this is technically for starships and if that is so, please reflect that. Emplacements are still fine but I would not recommend them being on starfighters or possibly anything smaller than a frigate.

Finally, that composite-beam laser scares me to death. Yes, there is plenty of examples like this all across the board on things just like this but with the amount of weaponry on this, along with the option to supercharge this like a mini-death star makes me just think if this is getting closer to super weapon territory if used in masse. I need a lot more specification as to how powerful this is when used on both settings along with not just minutes on use, but how much power it needs to use it for.

Let me know when you either explain or change things around.
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom