Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saotome Snare Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
e6cx69g.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Tractor/Pressor Beam
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Capacitor
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small
  • Reload Speed: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Designed to work against fighters
  • Designed to tractor Larger ships
Strengths:
  • Overwhelming Force: Designed as a unique countemeasure against starfighters and smaller craft. A sweeping battery of tractor beams can be used to target several craft at once and disrupt them
  • Shroud: The basis of a shroud is to confuse and escape a tractor beam, the inclusion of several beams sweeping in an area make tractor shrouds less effective but not impossible to be used
  • Magnite: Magnite crystals are impressive for tractor and pressor beams able to let smaller vessels have the strength to tractor ships larger then themselves
  • Laminanium: Designed to repair stress and from prrolonged use micro fractures. The repairing capabilities are not huge and it takes more time with the longer the bomblet is used.
Weaknesses:
  • Build up: Spinning up the batteries takes awhile, so that it can be maintained and used as a means to pick and either pull in or repel ships
  • Single Shot: It isn't made to rapid fire, once it is on the tractor beams or pressor beams are on and need to be turned off
  • No Tracking: The battery is designed more like a shotgun style approach. When used previously by the chiss it worked best to find and stop stealth ships that wouldn't be expecting it or have counter measures to escape. It mostly relies on blind firing off to create an area ot beams
  • Pull: While the tractor beams are able to be stronger and grasp larger objects and ships. It is only for a moment as the larger object can and will eventually start pulling the smaller vessel with its sheer size.
  • Self repairing: While it can repair its own micro stress fractures the capabilities can take days to hours depending on how damaged they become from use.
DESCRIPTION
Designed based off of a chiss tractor battery and altered just enough to add a pressor beam and magnite crystals. The magnite crystals themselves are strong and able to improve the power of the tractor beam itself. Letting it easily handle objects and ships much larger then its own size to move around and bringing even smaller vessels to the field for moving around debris and ships. The effectiveness of a tractor weapon however is not exactly... well sound. It serves more as a means to disable or surprise rather then be a direct combat weapon.

Sala'dine using some of the ideas where it was documented in use has it laid out to be an anti stealth feature finding ships unable to be seen with the other weapons. It could just pull them and alert that something has been caught. The drawbacks is that the tractor beam can become a problem as a larger vessel being pulled will after several moments overtake and start pulling the one using the tractor beam or cause damage to the battery.

With the success of several improved weapons the snare battery was looked at by the engineers with methods to try and improve upon it. Enhancements were easy enough but it needed to be able to better handle the larger ships and in most cases be able to be effective against fighters on different scales... enter the newer and improved reactor and power supplies which allowed it to operate and it could be scaled to better fit on vehicles, battleframes and even stationary facilities as a massive tractor beam.

THe large overhaul allowed for improved designs and smoother transitions, the magnite crystals improving the power to make each battery like a starhawk in many cases and they would be able to use it. With more improvements they managed to keep much of it for ships and vehicles but there was also the means to scale it down to fit on starfighters and some of the more personal equipment like heavy power armor that can handle larger weapon platforms.

Last edited:

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Sala'dine said:
Magnite: Magnite crystals are impressive for tractor and pressor beams able to let smaller vessels have the strength to tractor ships up to ten times their size and the larger the ship the stronger it can get.

This language is definitely not going to fly. There is no physical way that a 160m ship could ever hold a Star Destroyer in place.

Please edit down the effect.

Sala'dine

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I have no issue lowering it but the language is from the canon itself.

The Starhawk-class battleship[2] was built from disassembled Imperial starships that the New Republic had captured following the Battle of Endor. The front of the Starhawk was shaped liked a front hatchet. As a warship, the Starhawk was equipped with missiles and laser cannons. The interior of the Starhawk had bright clean curves. The warship's docking bay's ceiling was sculpted in white scalloped edges and was fitted with warm, glow lighting. The docking bay's floors were also equipped with lighting.[1]
The Starhawk was classed as a battleship and was capable of taking on a Star Destroyer.[1] The tractor beam of the Starhawk was equipped with magnite crystals which gave it ten times the strength of a Star Destroyer. The Starhawk's tractor beam enabled it trap and move a ship many times its size. Despite its firepower, it was outclassed by an Executor-class Star Dreadnought.[3]
From the article for the star hawk itself

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starhawk-class_battleship

as well as

However, this created a gap in the Imperial formation which allowed Commodore Agate to position her Starhawk and attack the Super Star Destroyer Ravager. Despite being crippled by the Ravager, Agate managed to use the Concord's powerful tractor beam to drag the Imperial command ship down into Jakku's surface. Though Agate and her ship were destroyed, her actions helped turn the tide of the battle in the New Republic's favor.
Though I don't know about holding it, in the book when it was used against a SSD it more pulled it down to the planet while being destroyed in the process from damage and impact. I wouldn't say a 160m ship could hodl a ship for long but as the books showed pulling it off positiona nd course is par for the canon.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Sala'dine"]

I'm going to be honest with you, taking into account all the things that are possible in canon absolutely will not happen with me. Technically in canon it is also possible to create a ship that can not only teleport instantly but destroy entire planets within the blink of an eye.

Just because it exists in canon doesn't mean it will be approved in a factory where the key is balance.

I would like you to please lower the effect to something that is a bit more logical. I know Star Wars doesn't have a lot of logic but in this case I think it sort of cries out for it.

Sala'dine

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I can agree with that and so would you be good with five for the increase. making it slightly stronger then a heavy tractor beam, Asteroid tug tractor beam with the added weakness of its mass and size. If it is a smaler ship it might for a moment jerk something larger to the side but then will be dragged instead. Similar to grabbing someones arm and stopping them for a moment but then you get dragged because they are bigger. (I hope that made sense)

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sala'dine Sala'dine

Cool weapon! However I found several problems:
  • The Nimix Heavy Cruiser's link is broken, please fix it.
  • And your ratings are weird, it is ovepowered (+6), and it has other problems as well.
    • Ammunition Capacity: Unlimited when hooked to a ship - This can be only extremely large in the current system.
    • Reload Speed: Very Low - There is no such an element in the template anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom