Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sanctum Sweet Mix Vol. 1 : Dark Side of the Dance Hall { Dominion of Lorrd }

Lorrd - In Orbit - Selfish Love

He nodded, finished the last of his tea, and rose to his feet. Watching [member="Anders Sivas"] put on a different face was fascinating to watch, though it was not unlike slipping on a glove. Oh, Anders was no shi'ido, but this spoke to the years the Knight had been doing precisely this thing. He would be fine with whatever 'costume' his student put on... but it seemed that Bucket was not so easily contented.

"The anti-slavery function, yes. I heard tell of it from Mister [member="Judah Dashiell"]. We will be able to join him in that, easily."

That the droids around Anders should have personalities of sorts did not surprise him at all. To hear Bucket speak of happiness made the old master smile.

"We should be able to find Mister Dashiell at the Lorrd Academy for Aquatic Studies, once we have finished with coming into the spaceport."

Ilias smoothed out his clothes - yes, clothes, and not the robes he was well-accustomed to and perfectly content to live in. The youngest of his students was teaching him just as much in the fashions of society as he was teaching her in the ways of the Jedi, it seemed.

Lorrd Surface

"Right, Master Dashiell. I take it I'll be the medical support? Or do we need to infiltrate part of the slavers' regime? Dance the night away for good conscience? Whatever we're doing it'll be good." I stretch and fix my posture to be more reminiscent of chill dude Anders. Shoulders down and in, hair over part of my face like hey, I'm a dude that doesn't care.
"Stow Away, touch us down by the Academy." Bucket went about prepping the landing with the other droids then I got my first taste of the Lorrd air. "Wooogh." I pop the collar on my coat and stick my hands in my pockets. "Lead the way, I know nothing about these people. Never been on Lorrd." To my knowledge anyway. "Master Ilias? What's my next lesson? I'm growing in my meditations, I don't want to get stale. What're we working on next?"
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
A single cloaked fighter appeared over the frozen wastes of the mountainous parts of Lorrd, each snowflake, each ball of hail causing a subtle distortion over the bent light that traversed through the cloak's photoreceptive surfaces. Finally the cloak came undone, slowly unveiling the tip to the nose of a blackened Deathbell fighter.
The canopy slowly hissed open and slid back in place.
"Gods, it's cold here..." Aynea murmured.
Cold winds rushed in through the cockpit, blowing her icy-blue hair across her face and sending bits of soft, fresh snow in through the more lace parts of her white glistaweb robe. With nothing but a Myriad singlet beneath it and a silk bikini, she was truly unprepared for such harsh weather. Fortunately, she had the flames of the Force on her side, but even such a trick was taxing and required a certain extend of focus and dedication to the task of upkeeping the blaze. A small torch-like orb of flame and telekinetically-condensed oxygen was conjured in her hand and set to float before her, much like a will-o'-wisp, to keep her warm and act as a beacon through the whiteout.
"I guess I'm early... shoot..." she continued, setting the transponder in her Deathbell off with the punch of a few commands on its holoprojection screen.
The vixen closed the canopy behind her, locking it securely in place with her R9 still inside, and set out into the distance.

@anyone who wants to RP with me pls​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Chloe Blake"]
[member="Kalizka"]

"Good evening, Miss Blake." Memories commingled, from a variety of sources, some older than others. The last couple of centuries were dense, but that didn't often help. Sometimes it just increased the chaos in her head.

Then again, whatever part of her was Je'gan Olra'en would have to go a long way before it would forget Chloe.

How to say that, though...

"I have a message from an old friend -- in person."

Heading toward Lorrd Skies Mid-atmosphere

No matter where you are

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Even though a little breathless after that kiss, her ears caught the vague-tone in Judah's voice. "Glad you're not opposed." She leaned to his lips for quick seconds. "We'll have to talk to your daddy about providing mommy with more details, though, won't we Makai?" She cooed into their son's ear before handing him back to Judah.

Her comm crackled within her jacket.

Seemed to be activity in the skies already and the squad was ready for her.

"Looks like it's time for work. Stay safe, Dashiell," fingers slipped into his palm and gave his hand a last squeeze. She didn't know why she was so nervous. This was all routine precaution. She must be losing her edge.

A small frown graced her aqua-lips as she went to turn away and head toward the hangars.

[Lorrd - The Redamarc Ice Floes - South By South Polar Desert]

[Track: Thursday (Finally!)]

"It's here. Roughly," Galliger scanned over a topographical readout chart, sounding anything but sure of his geographical positioning. He stole a glance Seydon's way, saw him scouring the holo-chart under his own eye, returning to fussing. "We've some satellite coverage of the Greater Redamarc Glaciers, but it's something to do with the ice. The flakes are impossibly polished. Glancing sunlight bounces any illumination. The effect is minimized at foot level but for overhead photoreceptors, imaging hardware, it's like glaring into candlelight."

"They disappeared here?"

Seydon drew his hand up to an embossed representation of a circular growth out of the ice. Like a cutaneous welt, shaped as a kiss from a leech, toothy and deformed. Hard-light strokes wove up and paused before the landform, representing an estimation of the land-route taken by both the initial expedition and the pursueing rescue team.

"Yes. ...Roughly," The Professor murmured. He felt Seydon's eyes on him. "...Look, I'm sorry, but it's guesswork. Accordingly? Adventurers operating during the first Imperial Civil War happened upon a so-called 'organic superweapon' and slew it with a thermal detonator. The child of this Demon-Thing that orchestrated the Slave Pits. ...But perhaps I thought I came across truer proof of an 'other' thing. A supposed 'Second Babe' dead and sequestered away in the southern poles. That's the purpose of expeditionary missions. To go, see, determine. If I was in error, no harm done..."

~

It was called the Bowl of Venom and been carved into a styled, immensely scaled snowy coliseum out of a bubo of upraised ice. On edict by Torpheceris, some eight-thousand unskilled labourers marched from Frezen south, plied by gang-overseers, and put to work constructing the monument. Galliger inferred their work was done by entirely by hand, with hammer, chip, chisel, and hemp rope. Counter-weights, petrified log-beds, by lantern and bonfire, night and day. Out of eight-thousand bodies, approximately four hundred survived to make the march home to the north. Of those four hundred, only thirty six arrived to Frezen. Another twelve perished in relative comfort nine weeks afterward, so thoroughly savaged by cold exposure and injury.

The Bowl itself was fourteen kilometers in circumference, perched with familiar prismatic towers lining the edging every half kilometer. Frost-rimed gantry bridges, actual wood over stone or solid ice, were strung between each watchtower, glowing bulbous like taut pearl strings. It lied on the Thessian Glacier-Shelf running down from the vaulted Redamarc Slopes, abreast of infrequent tectonic shifts as the mountains pushed and strained against each one another. Scores of passages were sewn through the crags and rock valleys, each marked off with ancient prospector warnings. Avalanches were frequent.

Seydon banked the Relentless over the Bowl for a quarter-hour. It's interior was a hypnotic spiral of clockwise and counter-clockwise helical pathways and roads. Often, they intersected and overlapped, blending then separating. The effect was disorienting geometric pattern, rolling deep until the pit bottom out into a distant floor. Seydon noted the Bowl was half buried under colossal packs of layered on layered snowfall. He brought the Relentless close for landing; a half click from a wide corridor-vault rested frozen campsites, strewn with unlatched equipment and torn out heat-tents.

The remains of both ill-fated parties come to explore the majesty and the horror of the wintry monument...

[member="Thessa Kai"] , [member="Anders Sivas"] , [member="Ilias Nytrau"] , [member="Aynea Savan Xyhn"]

Lorrd Aquatic Center, Track : Riptide

Makai reached back for his mother, lower lip growing into a pout. Suddenly his father was the second best choice at the second at little tears threatened to fall. Judah squeezed her hand back, and gave a small smile. He wouldn't tell her he loved her. Never had before something like this. Not that he was a superstitious man but if something had worked time and time again....why chance it?

"Clear skies Miss Kai"

Watching the Galan go, Judah soon found himself having to cheer not only himself up but also one little boy. Makai was still whimpering and giving the face he made when he was about to let loose. Trying to rouse a response out of his son, Judah gently poked him in the ribs, tickling. The pout remained and Judah quickly moved on through the public parts of the aquarium. The pair soon came upon a 'touch tank' filled with different types of rays and even a few sharks. Thessa would probably kill him if she knew he was letting their son touch sharks but they were probably harmless to half-Galan little boys. Maybe.

Soon it was all giggles again and Judah put the boy closer to the water....in which he'd rather splash in. Hazard of having half-aquatic species DNA running through his genes. Makai peered down in the water, focusing. Soon he grabbed a piece of dwarf kelp and pulled it out of the water. It immediately went to his mouth, gumming on the offending plant.

"Hey...don't eat that" Judah went to take it and Makai immediately started to cry. Quickly, the piece of kelp went straight back into the boys hands and the crying stopped. "Well...eat it then. I don't think its any different than the stuff we buy at the market..."

Soon he was to be met by some Jedi to run their anti-slavery option. There was another person, a woman, but Judah wasn't sure her role in the operation. Either way the assistance was welcome. Pulling out his comm, Judah paged his Footman Droid, Ferox, to come and collect Makai. It was a bit hard to rescue slaves with a baby strapped to one's back.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
E'ron Class with [member="Coci Sinopi"], [member="Aynea Savan Xyhn"] - Birds of Prey

Saki checked her equipment while she stood there and looked at Coci offering a slight smirk to the woman. This was quite an interesting place and while she picked up the gauntlets securing one of them and offering the second for Coci not sayign for the moment it was twenty kilograms of pure metal with shockwave generators and she raised an eyebrow hearing [member="Jorus Merrill"] on the comlink as she secured it to her ear. The breaker armor gleaming as she spoke. "Just hold it so I can tighten it and lets go and see if the mystical beast is here. I want to have some fun." Oh yes she could see some fun coming out of this and popped her neck while looking at the other Ranger's and few jedi who might have come with them. "Lets go and come back safely please people. Not about to build pyres."

Auction
[member="Hosk Sei'Dza"]
Moonlight Sonata

Tiland leaned back and smiled again once the guard had turned away, and gave a silent chuckle. The poor, deluded fool. So confident in his own power and strength, but so unaware. Not far from him, a young child coughed and began to cry with the cold. Tiland's face fell. There was nothing he could do about that. But there was. The question would be how successful it might be. He was a little rusty at the skill, after all. Most beings were so after a century and a half of not using them. He could probably still manage though.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, and sought out the guard. Specifically his mind. There he was. Tiland gave a small smile. Excellent. There was a subtlety to convincing someone that an intrusive thought was their own. Start small and work upwards. A chain of plausible events leading to the finale, and hope it was enough. Of course, he could overpower the brain and force it to obey his will. It would be incredibly straightforward. It was tempting, a price dangling just beyond his reach. Take that step. Use his full power. Wreak havoc on the slavers within their own compound. Drive them mad with fear and mistrust. That would be wrong. It would be effective, but by the wrong means. He'd have to take the long way around.

So, he started with a small thought to implant in the mind.

Poor kid.

That was all. Something, sort, basic, and fairly common in all types of sentients. Instinctual, in fact. Even the average Anzati felt it, oddly enough, so that was saying something. Then he added another one that built off the previous.

He's had some tough luck.I've been there.

This was to build up sympathy and humanize the child, creating a bond.

It's not that cold down here. It wouldn't hurt to give him my coat for a bit. No need to lose money on the merchandise by making him look as bad as he is. This might even bring in a few extra credits.

Then he leaned back, breathing heavier now, and shivering more rapidly. Telepathy was draining. Especially of the persuasive kind. He hunched up in a ball to try and conserve as much as his body heat as possible.

Investigating Pirate Hideout
In the middle of the desert
Song

Upon having spoken to a few government officials, Thurion had learned of a gang of pirates hiding out in the desert many miles from the capital, literally out in the end of nowhere. How these people managed to stay out here for so long puzzled him, despite the fact that they were pirates and most likely survived on praying on the helpless passers-by. While the people he'd spoken to couldn't pin-point their location for obvious reasons, they had managed to catch one of their members and gotten him to talk. No specifics, of course, but they were led to believe they were operating in the vicinity of where he now found himself.

As he scanned the area for signs of any kind of lifeforms, at first he didn't find any. He turned off the speeder bike he'd borrowed and jumped off, both feet touching the soft sand, and began walking in a wide circle around the vehicle as he continuously scanned the area, doing his best to detect Force signatures of any kind, or just simply lifeforms. Using the speeder bike as a point of reference, he could be sure of that he wouldn't get lost as he explored.

Then suddenly his senses began to stir. He turned around and gazed off into the distance, squinting to block out the sunlight. There was something out there, and it was approaching fast. What at first looked like one object soon turned into several the closer they got, and it was now clear to him that they were in fact vehicles coming his way.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Lorrd Orbit - Woman's Spell (All Matsu posts brought by Meiko Kaji)

Matsu saw the E'ron class drop out of hyperspace, the Silver Jedi were here and Coci was already talking as she stood there ready to listen and go where needed. She ran a hand along her temple and before speaking. "This is the Harlequin of the Silver Jedi, we have brought more supplies and Ranger's to help. Tell us where you need them and they shall be delivered." The old man spoke from the pilots seat and Matsu bowed her head letting the mandalorian suss out where they would be going while she walked to the cargo bay and to join Harmony in unloading the supplies. "Master Coci we have arrived, do you want more assistance on the ground?"

In Orbit over Lorrd
Ship: E'ron - Class Corvette - Antarian Rangers Transport
Jorus Merrill Thurion Heavenshield Matsu Ike [member="Saki"]

music

The Antarian Rangers Transport docked into the Absolution. Coci immediately made her way to the bridge to find General [member="Jorus Merrill"]. A familiar name, she thought for a moment, the surname at least. As she made her way along the long corridor, her wrist commlink beeped. It was Knight Ike requesting instructions.

"Matsu, please remain on standby, I am about to speak to General Merrill", she replied. She would instruct her as soon as Coci has more details of the situation on ground.

She entered the bridge and soon found the man she had addressed via the holocommunications. "General Merrill, a pleasure to meet you", she said extending her hand to shake his. "Coci Sinopi, from the Silver Jedi", she said reintroducing her this time in the flesh.

"I would like to get down to the surface as soon as possible, can you bring me up to speed on the situation on ground", she paused, the force interrupted her train of thought. Something was wrong. Her face frowned, as she tried to grasp the whispering message from the force, but it slipped away as quickly as it had arrived. But she sensed it had something to do with Thurion. And now she worried.

@Chloe Blake
[member="Kalizka"]
[member="Selka Ventus"]

The strains of "Come and get your love" would continue to play softly in the background.

There came a slight incline of the Warden's head at the Neti's direction. He had a valid point, however, Chloe was also a Warden of the Sky. She was known off and on to help folk down the Hydian Way if needed with odd jobs, so she wasn't too fearful of folk coming looking for her.

This was also Selka Ventus, had done some business prior to for the Aurora and all.

'Sides, she still wanted to know just what was going on with that Old Timer. Is that who Selka was referencing of?

A couple of seconds went on ticking by before her thumb pushed the comm. "Got my interest right piqued. Where would you like to meet?" she asked.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Wherever you're berthed, so long as it has room for my ship -- something bulk freighter-scale. Pathfinder-class, if you're familiar with it. I don't intend to get in the way of what you're up to on Lorrd."

The Baobab slashed down through atmosphere, falling into the gravity well, en route for rendezvous.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

"Master Sinopi, welcome aboard." He rose from his command chair to shake the offered hand, and gestured to the door to the ready room. "Please."

The ready room held a tactical display that gave the Absolution an overview of the system, and the ships coming and going. "Here's what we have going on. Master Heavenshield's taking a look at a pirate outpost, maybe minor, we're not sure yet. Here..." He brought up glowing lines between orbit and surface. Some connected the Absolution to Lorrd; others connected the planet to outsystem hyperspace vectors. "Here we've got the Levantine relief supply shipments. Might as well be out with it -- though we're grateful for your help, there's some discussion..."

He grimaced. "Well, there's some that wonder if there's a war criminal or two involved, folk we might want to keep away from the surface by just taking down your relief supplies in the Absolution's boats. We've got a hard enough time keepin' the coalition together as it is without image troubles. Force knows I've got no patience for cosmetic battles, but you understand the bind we're in."

In the middle of the desert
Song

The vehicles didn't slow down, and his senses told him they were not friendlies. It seemed he had found what he was looking for, after all. He hurried back to his speeder bike and rode off in an attempt to outrun them. If unsuccessful, they'd no doubt capture him and hold him ransom, if not kill him on the spot and put his head on a spike as a warning. One never knew with pirates and thieves; some were worse than others in that regard. The only predictable thing about them is their unpredictability.

He set off at full speed, but with every mile he covered his pursuiters made twice the performance, their custom-built land speeders more than capable of outrunning government vehicles. Probably the reason they hadn't been caught, yet. Across the great sand dunes the chase went on, with them closing in on him bit by bit. He did everything he could to shake them off, but being out in the middle of the desert posed some problems other than the obvious ones; there was nowhere to hide or seek shelter.

Soon they were upon him, and blaster fire aimed at his engines rained down on him. His lightsaber activated, Thurion managed to parry most of the shots, however eventually a few of them broke through his guard due to their relentless barrage. They hit the back of his speeder which caused it to go out of control. Better safe than sorry, Thurion leaped off the bike at full speed and landed in the soft sand, hoping to find his footing. Alas, there was no solid ground to be found where he'd set foot, and promptly collapsed with his head hitting a rock hidden beneath the sands. The impact rendered him unconscious, with the last thing he could muster a faint sense that his beloved was somewhere in the vicinity of the planet. Through the Force he sent her a cry for aid while tasting his own blood running down his face until finally he blacked out.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

In Orbit over Lorrd
Ship: E'ron - Class Corvette - Antarian Rangers Transport
Jorus Merrill Thurion Heavenshield Matsu Ike Saki

music

Her black eyes were keen to take note of Thurion's location, as Jorus explained the on ground situation. "I shall take the Antarian Rangers and assist Master Heavenshield". She replied with a furrowed brow, for the two reasons. Firstly, the sense she had through the force, may have been a prelude to an event which now occupied her mind and secondly of this talk of war criminals.

"However, you concerns about war criminals within the Silver Jedi are best to be discussed with Master E'ron, I do not sit on the Council nor am I Iella E'ron. I am sure Master E'ron would be more then happy to speak on this with you and the leaders of Levantine Sanctum", she looked at the man with no change of face, Coci speaks her mind bluntly and with a cold demeanour. "Master E'ron had briefed the Silver Jedi of the results of the Convocation, it is my understanding that she offered to take in Ashin Varanin after she was sentenced but that offer was never accepted. If it is her to which you are referring".

Coci moved around the ready room to stand directly in front of General Merrill, "But it is not she you speak of, I assume it is Knight Ike. Again, it is my understanding that the Republic and Jedi Order, twice convicted her and twice laid down punishment, and she was stripped of the force to Padawan level, as with Ashin. For far lesser crimes then Ashin I believe. Knight Ike has been working with Master E'ron and others to reform and she has proven a contrition to her past deeds. I know this does not wipe the slate clean, it never could. But do we not do our best to aid them to find their way to becoming a better Jedi? at least that it what I believe should do, should we not?, it might be time some people recognise that there is almost a vindictive nature to .....", she abruptly stopped.

A strong presence entered her mind, through their force bond Thurion spoke to her .. a plea for help barely audible. "Thurion is in danger, I am going to him. As for Knight Ike I will contact her immediately and send her home. That will remove your concerns".

Coci immediately left the ready room for the E'ron-Class Transport. Once on the bridge she issued orders to travel to ground, as well as contact Matsu to return to Voss.

[member="Selka Ventus"]
@Kalzika

"Well we be nearing the northside's former slave pits soon enough. There's a quarry up there, 'nuff room for you to park yourself down." Chloe told Selka right back through the comm, voice crackling through.

She gave an encouraging smile up to the Neti, leaning against the piloting console as she added. "I'll send coordinates on through to you." Her finger would key in an electronic series of numbers down to Selka's frequency.

"Catch you in a few Miz. Ventus."

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Chloe Blake"]

Kal leaned back and stretched his limbs. He parked his heavy frame in the co-pilots seat then watched as the young woman guided the ship toward the slave pits.

"You love flying as much as I love gardening I think m dear." he said watching her hands, "I'm begining to get the impression I know who we are going to hear about and maybe who we won't"

Unknown location
Songhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eeJID5QeLg

His mind played back for him images and memories of recent times, most of which included his beloved [member="Coci Sinopi"]. He was recounted every time they touched or kissed eachother, always showing her smiling or laughing. Nina was there too, holding her hand or helping her pick berries in her garden on Voss. The three of them were now family, and Nina's initial acceptance of Coci had increased every day until it blossomed into a friendship. Perhaps, some day, she would call her 'mother'. Nothing would make him happier.

"Wake up, Jedi scum!" a crude voice interrupted his thoughts as a shower of scorching hot water splashed against his exposed torso. With a loud groan Thurion awoke from his dozed-off state, and his eye-sight slowly adjusted to the bright light of a flashlight held up against his face. He looked around him in a panicked state, noticing he was stripped of all his equipment with only his lower body still dressed, including boots. The rock he'd hit his head against had left him with an ugly-looking wound just above his right eye, and tiny droplets of blood still slowly made their way down his face.

"We're not done with you, yet", the voice continued. "You think we've kept you alive this long just to watch you waste away in your cell?" The flashlight disappeared, with the face of a rough-looking man taking its place. Still groggy, Thurion couldn't make out any defining features of the man's face. He was slapped in the face once, then twice by the back of a hand, and he spat out blood once the pain subsided from the two blows. He didn't say anything, as doing so would more than likely warrant more pain. He was familiar with interrogation and torture methods alike.

"You're a big one, aren't you? Well, no matter..." the man said, looking over to his fellows in the background who seemed mighty entertained. He then reached for a sharp-looking knife on the table behind him. "...I've made bigger men cry out for their mothers on more than a few occasions." The blade cut into Thurion's skin, scarring his cheek. "Still nothing, eh? If you're worried someone you care about is going to hear you at your weakest moment, you're sadly mistaken. Scream all you want - it'll be more fun for me if you do." When his request was denied by the stoic face of the bound Jedi Master, his wicked smile turned sour and the blade plunged into Thurion's shoulder. He had to bite his lip to avoid voicing the pain he felt, even as his torturer began to twist the knife inside his shoulder, carving against the bones.

"Nah, you're no fun!" he then said, pulling the knife back out and stepped away from him. "Who are you, and what buisness would a Jedi have in the middle of the desert, hmm?" No response came. "Well, I believe you were sent here to spy on us - maybe even attempt to take us down. Not much of either is gonna be accomplished from over there", he spoke with a smug look on his face, pointing at him. The man was a disgusting-looking fellow with grotesque facial features, most notably a missing nose. His voice matched his outward appearance perfectly, loud-mouthed and guttural in tone. "Take him back to his cell! Let him rot for a bit more..." he ordered those around him before laughing maniacally. Thurion was then dragged along the dirty floor back into what had been his cage since they'd caught him: an abandoned dog pen. A thought came to mind as to what happened to the dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom