Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Sakedo Sunset Party

A party, how exciting...

Cartri hadn't gone to many parties in his life but this was seen to be the biggest of them all. Through Darkwire, he had received an invite to attend the evening in smart clothes and perhaps be on his best behaviour as he dined with various corporate officials that didn't interest him by the slightest. However, his task for tonight was to have an interest in them at all times. He was on his own personal mission to spy on some of the higher corporate authorities attending the evening, but it didn't mean he was going to have some fun while doing so.

Sakedo Tower was a marvel in Denon, it supported most things you'd find on the street into one complete building. It wasn't a surprise to know it would take months or even years to fully see everything the tower had to offer.

Although, it was clear he wasn't here to enjoy the high life the tower had to offer, but to fulfil his personal gain. He straightened his smart, buttoned t-shirt as he walked through the mall area, almost amazed by the amount of shops that were around him. Being on the streets of denon and examining the different shops they had to offer was something to behold, but all this around him was next level. The quality of the shops and items were vastly superior than the average store vendor, likely to be the best the galaxy had to offer.

Soon enough, he had finally reached his destination, the exclusive loft nightclub. For one night only he had been given a ticket to access the club with no boundaries, other than drinking of course. None the less, he wasn't there to drink himself into oblivion anyway. As he approached the entrance, he gazed to some familiar Corp officers that were dressed handsomely for the occasion. Even after dressing out of their uniform they still couldn't mask their demeanour, which was almost as snobby as ever. When he walked past they shot a quick glance to match his stare, but soon decided to show their arrogance by smirking and shaking their head to the boy who seemed to stick out in a clubbing environment.

The inspections at the front of the club were a nightmare, but as soon as he got in the atmosphere of the club hit him like a tonne of bricks. Bass, dancing and drinking was heavy, and fuelled the fire of people looking for a good night tonight. He slowly made his way down to the dance floor and couldn't help but move in rhythm to the catchy song that was currently playing, allowing him to fit in with the rest of the party goers who didn't care about him by the slightest.

His inspection of the room would of began sooner if he hadn't been knocked into, something which made him jump slightly as he turned around to the young girl "Oh, thank you I guess. And have we met before?" he said into her ear after learning over, trying to make sure she could hear him over the deafening bass of the music. On closer inspection she seemed to be around the same age as he was, maybe even younger if he was generous. Her costume was also a smart choice with it being a dress that fit in perfectly with everything else. Suddenly, his face lit up when he finally recognised her face, this girl was like him, a darkwire kid "Oh wait... I do. Yet, it's probably best not to say it here. What are you doing in a place like this anyway?!"

Last edited:
When the boy leaned close to her, Daiya caught a whiff of him. It was still early in the party, and the scent of the dance floor was still mild enough. The boy smelled kind of nice, the girl had to admit. Not like another certain boy of disrepute. She smiled at the thought, and at the words he brought to her ear.

"Shh, she cautioned, throwing a finger in front of her grinning lips. The girl glanced around the room before winking an eye at him. Daiya knew no one else was listening to them, or even paying attention. They were too busy dancing, the fervor of the music, the club floor, and the grand opening celebration was plenty of excitement to keep people moving. She leaned in next to his ear, trying to suppress a giggle enough to tell him, "That's supposed to be a secret." Daiya let one errant sound slip through, before adding, "I'm here to make sure there's no pirates here tonight."

The teen managed to swallow her remaining amusement enough to look halfway serious. Daiya didn't know how long she'd be able to keep up the ruse. If the boy was another shadowrunner, as he seemed to imply, he probably already thought it was suspect. Still, she was going to have fun with her deception for as long as she could.

"What are you doing here?" the girl asked him, as if he needed a reason besides the music, the club or the energy. Daiya was certainly there for all that. She hadn't done much yet besides dance, and there was still more of the club to explore. "I'm Daiya by the way. Wanna get a drink with me? You can help me keep watch."

That time she did giggle.

Mischief? Where? Not me. ;)
Featuring: Sentiri Sentiri and Rhéala Aleyv

Was it possible to be really happy for someone and also really pissed off at someone for the same thing at the same time regarding the same person? Zo'i was pretty sure the answer was yes because that was exactly how she had felt about her guardian over the last few weeks. Everything had happened so suddenly. First she goes off and fights Mandalorians and comes home alive. That should have been cause for celebration. And the young Zeltron was thrilled to find that Rhé was actually home in the apartment when she got back. And then...

Who the hell was this blue lady? Well Zo'i got an answer to that question. Like, waaaaaaaay too much, even. The short of it was that Rhé had met this blue lady, Sentiri, back when she was way younger. Sentiri had been some super important spy or something (like, how could someone so bland have such a cool job?) and the Chiss had hired Rhé to be her assistant. They got close after working together. At first they were just really good friends, but after leaving Sentiri's cool spy job and becoming an even cooler mob boss (like, seriously, how was this lady so booooring?) they had ended up admitting to each other that their feelings were stronger than "just friends" and they started a romantic relationship.

But then they both got weird in the story they told Zo'i. For some reason, Sentiri left to go "home to her people", or something ridiculous and Rhé had stayed behind to take over as mob boss. They kept in touch for awhile but then fell out of touch. When Zo'i had met Rhé, that was right when Rhé had decided to leave Terminus for Denon. More awkwardness ensued but both Sentiri and Rhé seemed super happy to be back together,

So... Ok. Zo'i was really happy for Rhé. How could she not be? The person who meant more to her than anyone else in the whole galaxy finally had her partner back after a really long time apart. That was awesome!

And yet, where did that leave Zo'i? At first, there wasn't a clear answer to that. They two lovebirds were pretty obviously trying to figure each other out again. But Rhé was adamant about one thing. She wanted to be a family. And Zo'i was a part of that. All three of them, together. They were the most colorful family short of an Ortolan fur-dying troupe but they were a family. And Sentiri seemed... well, she said that sounded wonderful and stuff, even though Zo'i could not get a read on her stoneface at all. But still, Zo'i had just managed to get Rhé back and she had hoped that they could grow more together. Instead, here was this new person taking up her quality time.

Somehow, even more weirdly then all of that, Luminous had left the lot of them alone. No jobs. No communiques. What the kark?

They'd effectively had a few weeks off to just, well... hang out. Get to know each other. Get the feel for their new dynamic. Things were moving fast. Sentiri moved in, sharing Rhé's room. She apparently didn't have much stuff, although she said she had way more somewhere else. They'd shared meals. They'd gone shopping together. They'd played games. It was... nice...

But it was weird! Zo'i had already done the family thing on Commenor. And she'd run the other karking direction! Why did it feel nice? Why did nice make her so uncomfortable? Why was she even mad at Rhé? Why was she jealous of a blue 30-something? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-

And then there's a party. A Luminous Sun party. The first message in weeks that they had received from Sun (or Blackheart, apparently, as Sentiri had immediately resigned from her position within CorpSec) was an invitation. Sun was throwing some big shindig at Sakedo Tower to inaugurate the reopening of the top floors. And they had a formal and obviously mass-produced and impersonal flimsiplast note with gaudy neon lettering waiting in their mail slot. Rhé had been skeptical. Sentiri had been too. Just before all this, Rhé had mentioned the possibility of moving offworld. Leaving all this behind. With Sentiri in the mix, that seemed ever more inevitable. So why even pay Luminous Sun any mind? Clearly Sentiri didn't fear the DireX from the comments she had made over the period Zo'i had been around. But Rhé had said there was still something she needed to do. And Sun was tied in to the whole thing, somehow, inexplicably.

Which all just meant that they were going. And so Rhé and Sentiri showed up, decked to the nines, arm in arm with their surrogate daughter Zo'i. In the middle of the most confusing emotional time of the teen's young life. She felt bad for not feeling happier. But something told her that she wanted to make this work. She wanted Rhé to be happy. And Zo'i was a part of that. And it should feel good. The party would be a good distraction for the confusing mess that was the tumult in her brain.

Walking through the kaleidoscopic display of color-shaded lights among all the other partygoers, for a moment, it almost felt... normal.

"Ahhh. I am so glad the Aleyv family could attend my party."

The pleasant-seeming words stung Zo'i's ears. The tone carried every possible cordial inflection, but Zo'i had heard the voice enough to know that no word passed those lips without a veiled hint. The three turned to find Luminous Sun standing right there, shadowed by two thug-like bodyguards in too-small suits for their too-big bodies, looking as elegant and designer chic as ever.

"Or is it the Sabosen family? Apologies. I'm afraid I'm not quite up on my Chiss naming conventions."

Rhé plastered a thin smile on her face but Sentiri didn't even bother. "We haven't decided yet. We'll be long gone by the time we do." Rhé shot a look to the Chiss woman and must have given Sentiri's hand a squeeze because she looked back and seemed to soften a little somehow.

Luminous seemed pleased with something. "That must be the famous Chiss candor I have heard about. You are the first that I've ever met, Sentiri. It is Sentiri isn't it." The Chiss woman didn't correct her, and Zo'i couldn't even tell if she reacted. Her face was less harsh after Rhé's unspoken urging, but she was just as difficult to read. So Luminous continued. "Well allow me to welcome you all to Floor 301. Sentiri, you're welcome to join us in the VIP section, of course. Rhé. Zo'i. Come along. There's work to be done."

"Excuse me?" Sentiri's words were quiet, too quiet to draw attention, and almost came out as a growl. The Chiss took a threatening step forward and Rhé noticeably yanked at Sentiri's arm to keep her from doing anything more. Zo'i froze in shock. She'd never seen anyone stand up to Luminous like that and survive. But Sentiri was undaunted. Rhé seemed more embarrassed than worried.

Luminous had started to turn but stopped and faced the couple once more. "These two are my employees, after all. I've given them ample vacation time to enjoy your company. And now I need them to return to their work. There's much to be done."

Even held back, Sentiri seemed to physically rise to the challenge posed by Sun. Or maybe that was just how it felt to Zo'i watching the Chiss woman fight for her family. In one instant, Zo'i's heart surged to see the Chiss woman come to the defense of her and Rhé. In the next, she was terrified to suddenly lose everything in front of her. "I left Blackheart. He thought he could keep us apart. He thought he could hold his knowledge of Rhéala over me to use me at his bidding for as long as he desired. But we still found each other. And here I am. These two are my family. And I will not allow you to use them to do your bidding."

Zo'i was pretty sure she saw a tear drip from Rhé's eye. The words spoken by her partner were powerful ones, but Zo'i was confused as to why she saw no pride on Rhé's face.

"Ah. But that is where you are mistaken, Ms. Sabosen, or whatever." Luminous crossed the space between them in long, confident strides until she was nearly nose-to-nose with the Chiss woman. "My contract with your partner and her charge has collateral that Larz couldn't hope to ever gain on you. And nothing you do or say is likely to resolve that." Confusion crossed the face of Sentiri and Luminous was more than ecstatic to answer the unspoken question. "In fact, I brought the collateral with me today. After all, it's such a beautiful piece."

The DireX slipped her hand beneath her high neckline and pulled a chain out from underneath. The gold chain, hidden previously by Sun's dress, now drooped naturally in the open around the powerful woman's neck. A small, blue pendant with golden bezeling hung from the lowest point in the chain. Rhé's face dropped completely and her eyes went blank as she stared at the pendant. Zo'i's and Sentiri's faces must have contorted with more questions and Sun, relishing the moment, kept on. As Sun's words came, the party seemed to fade away in the distance around them...

"I'm surprised you, of all people, don't recognize it. After all, it did once belong to you, Sentiri. Or, rather, a piece of it did. No guesses? Well! What a happy reunion, then! Sentiri, I'm most proud to introduce you to the embryo of one Rhéala Aleyv by Sabosen Tir Inrokini. Perfectly preserved in a stasis capsule. Alive and ready for implantation. Allow me to introduce you to your unborn child."

Rosath

R
The sly smile and humor in her eyes meant the gamble had been well placed. And told him enough to be able to let one guard fall in place of another going up. She was on the side against the corporations. But what side exactly? Was she allied with fellow darkwire agents, or merely a lone loth cat. Another alley to chase the dark from.

The admission of wanting something stronger had the chiss man glancing to his own glass. Worry set in as to just how strong a drink she was after. He followed behind her regardless like a curious pup before finding a seat beside her and draining his champagne.

She ordered a Corellian brandy, and he mulled for a brief moment on what to get himself. It was someone else's credit after all. Granted his experience with intoxication was limited to finding his limit, and working while well past that limit.

Enjoyment of the beverage had been moot in that regard.

"Corellian Reserve." He spoke shortly after her. With their respective drinks ordered, Vash turned her full attention to him. Something he continued to ponder. She asked her questions, most of which pertained to his presence and his residency here on the planet.

The question of himself however was something of a dance to manage.

"Private contractor. I specialize in, negotiating. Came for the party. Yourself?" He danced around anything solid, hoping the tid-bit about his profession was plenty enough before turning the question back to her.

Siala Vash

Shira Varanin

S
Unpleasantly high stakes: reconnect with Darkwire, come in from the periphery, or be alone. It took special talent to get fired from one's own company; it arguably took even greater talent to get the boot from the Jedi. Too much avarice, as if that had ever stopped-

Shira dragged herself out of her spiral and sipped a drink. She'd spotted Daiya Daiya earlier - the Force-sensitive girl she'd gone through a firefight with, once upon a time - but the kid looked busy and a whole lot happier than Shira. Otherwise, not a single face here rang a bell. In theory she knew a couple of them via holonet tags and by reputation.

The cyborg stopped sipping and slugged back half the drink. Failure was definitely an option here.

0ZbB5tx.png

Lance of Dreams was not often invited to social conventions, but it was entirely possible that after researching the duplication of a Surronian Crop-plant with anachronistic characteristics and (as he would soon discover) some mild telepathic capabilities... or rather, sensitivity to it. Or perhaps it was his acquisition of a Surronian drone, delving deep into its mine to know it as he knew himself. Maybe his corporate prestige was enough working for iBorg, or even, perhaps he was connected to the Darkwire organization due to a few... coincidences on both Parcellus Minor and Surron. However, a simple explanation may simply be that a cyber-man of his technical talents may have simply procured it on his own through less than standard means.

Nonetheless, the cloaked figure almost floated his way through the gigantic mall complex, and found himself in the newly created Loft. His motives not entirely clear, the almost ghostly scientist seemed content to wander and observe.

One individual caught his eye, matching a former employee of iBorg Shira Varanin. It was unlikely they had crossed paths before, at least not directly. Lance of Dreams was well informed, however, and knew far more than any average individual. After all, he had this nasty habit of acquiring the memories of those interesting enough to have met him, and those that heard of his habit often kept their distance... bizarrely. He didn't understand that aspect of their behavior, not really. Perhaps his Othermind Node was faulty?

Katarine Ryiah

K

Katarine wondered if the line for The Loft had gotten any better yet. The lines for the rides were moving pretty nicely, or at least they had been before a child had thrown up. Now the wheel was closed temporarily while they cleaned.

Just her luck.

6RWhQio.png

"Are you done wheezing now?" Kadora'Tra question with her arms crossed while Kyle recovered, Lonnie let out a quite snicker behind her.

"Yeah, I think so, phew." The boy Lieutenant recovered and stood up a bit straighter. "There was a 347 on the T-4 airway coming from the southwest, and you wouldn't believe the number of places a scurrier can hide!" Kadora'Tra raised a brow, and let the air take a pregnant pause.

"You got stuck in the bathroom didn't you?" "Yes, yes I did." "Come on Kyle, you don't have to make excuses around me. I already know everything about you." She rolled her eyes and wandered deeper into the party, unconsciously keeping a close eye on Daiya Daiya , the bad luck charm.

Although she wasn't paying attention, she overheard Kyle whisper something to Lonnie..

"Woah... you look really good Lonnie, ah... really professional!" She couldn't help but scoff and roll her eyes again. Except, then she heard Lonnie exclaim a thank you, and then Kyle almost audibly squeak as apparently she gave him a hug, from what she could gather of the mumblings.

Now she was frowning.

Why didn't she get a hug?

majfiZZ.png

Shira Varanin

S
Lance of Dreams Lance of Dreams

Shira felt her fellow cyborg's attention, first by instinct and then by the Force. He struck her as unique, alien, and opaquely dangerous. A useful contact or a deadly enemy.

Drink in hand, she went over to him, making it obvious that she was headed his way. He didn't seem the sort of being who appreciated being snuck up on. Few did, in fairness.

"Like what you see? Is that what's going on here?"

0ZbB5tx.png

The pale face was stoic and unresponsive as Shira Varanin approached, but the eyes tracked her vector of travel as it intersected his own. The face would turn towards her, his hands clasped together. Visual inputs fed data into his mind, inferring many specific details about her person, from species, to specific electromagnetic fields that surrounded her. Given the greater concentrations of energy on her body, cross referenced with her employee file prior to her termination, it was almost trivial to deduce exactly what augments she favored, and exactly which ones he had the pleasure of studying and working with.

"It is easy to deduce ones good taste in cybernetics when one has assisted in designing them; yes, I enjoy seeing elements of my work paraded upon such a fine specimen." A hand unclasped and gestured towards her.

"Does this admiration make you, uncomfortable?" Lance of Dreams re-clasped his hands.

Her first response to his questions was a shush, indicating him to be quiet about the subject. Cartri could only smirk, knowing how silly he was to even lead towards that. None the less, the music was sure to be masking any words they were saying to the people that danced freely around them. His head tilted slightly from something he felt soon after, a feeling that far and few between. It was almost as if she was like him, like they were linked together in some kind of energy.

Although, her comment about pirates soon shook him out of his thoughts "Pirates?" said the boy with a small chuckle. Yet, he soon stopped when the girl had a serious expression spread across her face "Well i'm sorry, but I don't think you'll find any in a club like this" the boy replied before looking around him to see if anyone was curious enough to watch them on the dance floor. Unless they were well dressed for once, he doubted there would be any skulking around in a fancy tower like this. If she was joking, she seemed to hide it well.

"I'm just here to have fun and take in the nightlife, after all, you don't get many opportunities to be invited to the most elite club on the planet" he replied with a smirk, being cautious with what he said to her. Cartri knew she was apart of Darkwire through various meetings but you never know what they're really like. Soon enough, she introduced herself as Daiya and offered to have a drink with him at the bar, something of which was too tempting to say no "Names Cartri, good to meet you Daiya" he said with a friendly nod and smile, almost glad to meet another person his age on this forsaken planet "And sure, I don't mind. I'm curious to see what these "Pirates" look like anyway." he giggled while walking with Daiya to the bar, soon stopping next to it to order their drinks

The barman, who was busy cleaning a pint glass slowly looked down to them with an expressionless face and nodded upwards to ask what they wanted "Surprise me, nothing too bad" he said to him, not knowing what to have since he had never really ordered a drink from a bar before. Once the barman had wondered off to prepare the drink they ordered he turned back to the dance floor and stared at the various groups of corporation officials, keeping a mental note of how they acted and what they looked like. At this point, it was almost easy to separate them from the average citizen

"It's a big difference here compared to being on the streets, i'll tell you that..." Cartri said openly, almost saying it to no one in particular as the barman to the far left waved them over to grab their drinks on the far side of the counter. His gaze looked down the empty counter and sighed, before raising his left hand and opening it wide to slide the peculiar drink to his hand using the force, as well as Daiya's which looked equally strange "Here you go..." said the boy as he carefully offered her drink "Might want to give it a quick sip to see if it gives you any weird side effects" he chuckled while looking down to his own drink and raising a brow to the contents of his own drink

Daiya Daiya

Tags: Open
Featuring: Sentiri Sentiri and Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm

That was it. That was the one thing that Rhé had kept to herself about her split from Sentiri. That was the one thing that she hoped she could avoid until the time was right. Rhéala had hoped to have a good, healthy conversation with her partner about what the human woman had done and why. And then, together, they could decide on what to do about it. Considering how well Sentiri had taken to Zo'i, Rhé figured her chances were good.

Her conniving debt holder, wearing the embryo of her unborn child around her neck like it was just another necklace in her large collection of jewelry was not the right time, the right place, the right circumstance, the right anything. The circumstance could not be more horrific or cruel. There was no doubt that Sun had done it on purpose, had manufactured this very scenario to belittle Rhé and drive a wedge between the three of them. Rhé's mind spun and spun but she could do nothing but stare, open-mouthed, at the living pendant as tears streamed down her face.

Sun was saying something about the marvel of technology required to keep an embryo in such perfect stasis in such a small and fashionable container but Rhé was no longer listening. Her mind flashed back through images and moments that had led to this. The moment she had learned of Sentiri's exile status being absolved by the Ascendancy. The fear she had felt at losing her partner. The recall notice Sentiri had received to rejoin her family house. The manipulative wheels turning, desperately trying to find a way to keep her partner at her side. The assurances from Sentiri that they would be back together again when the Ascendnacy loosened up their xenophobic ways. The dread of feeling that such deep-seeded prejudice would never truly go away. The doctor who had incurred a debt to Sentiri's operation and his proposal of an interesting new procedure involving childbirth. The moment when Rhé had knocked Sentiri out with some drugged wine and procured what she needed for the procedure.

The moment when Sentiri said goodbye, promising to return...

The endless moments of loneliness, punctuated by less and less frequent long-distance transmissions from her Chiss partner.

The news of a successful medical marvel. The hope of being reunited. The incredible and beautiful and fearful sight of her unborn child. The desperate need to reconnect with Sentiri. The inability to do so. The indecision of figuring out what to do about the child leading to her leaving it in one of her secure facilities until she had her life in order. The realization that her obsession with fixing a relationship that was long gone had distracted her from the operation she had been entrusted with upholding. The knowledge that the operation and the child were all that she had left of her relationship. The last-ditch effort to pick up the pieces of the operation. The selling of several properties to absolve her debts. The terrible realization that one of the properties she had sold in desperation had contained the unborn embryo. The pleading with the purchaser to buy back some items that only had personal value. The meeting with Luminous Sun. The look of utter delight on her debt holder's face. The sinking feeling of loss.

The meeting of a young girl, looking for answers. The glimmer of hope that Rhé could fill a void with this supervising this girl's upbringing, potentially even serving as this girl's mother. The striking realization that she wanted to be a mother for more than just regaining a love long lost. The hope that she could leave her past behind and start a new life. The leaving of Terminus for Denon.

The reunion with her love...

"Rhé? Rhé, my dear." The voice of her debt holder turned employer turned malicious imprisoner of her child stirred Rhé from her thoughts. Her tears had stopped running, dried to her face. Luminous, having gotten Rhéala's attention, straightened, as if to end whatever moment they all had been having. "Now then. It's going to be a busy night. There's work to be done. Let's get on with it."

Rhé blinked, her eyes sore, her whole being tired. "What do you need me to do?"

"Rhé-" Sentiri started but was cut off.

"What you do best, of course: manipulate the partygoers with that exquisite form and eloquent tongue."

Without another word Rhé walked off into the party aimlessly.

***​

Zo'i and Sentiri watched Rhé go in silence. This was awful. Neither knew how to feel about what they had learned. They shared a look, unsure as of what to say.

Luminous stood there too, not bothering to pay any attention to Rhé as the woman wandered off. "Come along, Zo'i. There are some people I think would be prudent for you and I to see together. I hope you enjoy my party, Ms. Sabosen."

Daiya was happy to see the boy playing along, even if he didn't seem to believe her about the pirates. That was alright with the teen, she knew what had happened here before. And with the ticket she had from Luminous Sun, it seemed the people in charge knew what the score was, too. The girl didn't need adoration, just a companion, and Cartri was proving to be marvelous in that role.

"Well, come on then," Daiya said to his eager acceptance. The girl beckoned to him with a curled finger before she turned, fast enough to make her dress swish around her legs, and disappeared into the crowd toward the bar. She grinned as the boy kept close on her heels, he was certain nimble and quick enough. No doubt he was a shadowrunner after all.

The girl nodded as the boy ordered them drinks alongside a running commentary. He was probably just nervous, Daiya figured, surrounded by the many members of Denon's elite inside this club. She didn't mind it so much, but even her childhood on the streets had been split between running for a gang and rubbing elbows with its version of royalty. Corpos and the rich elites were just a better dressed, better spoken version of their underworld counterparts.

"Is it really that different, though?" Daiya asked, as she took the requisite sip of her drink. She gave it a pallid look in response. It was certainly no Meltdown, nor was it something fruity like Meeno would sneak her. The drink's bite was there in force, hiding a subtle spicyness or something similar after it which sent a glow of warmth through her body. It wasn't that bad, really.

She lifted her head back to Cartri, and then to the dance floor. "Over there are the office creatures, the regular types, like you'd find in a crew," the girl gestured with her chin, then moved on to another type. "A few muscle types here and there, like lawyers and CorpSec, they get a wide enough berth even from those who know them."

"You can even spot the brown-nosers, the suck-ups, they're a constant everywhere hanging on the ones who have power. They usually don't last as long on the streets, though," Daiya pointed out, and giggled a little. She spied someone through the crowd, and it prompted her to take another sip of her drink. Comfortable or not with these types, the teen was going to need all the help she could get.

"And here comes the leader," Daiya remarked, as she watched Luminous Sun making her way through the dance floor. "She just parts the crowd like water."

It wasn't awe or fear that drove Daiya's assessment of Sun, but more of a begrudging respect. The DireX had power and knew how to use it, something that had both helped and hindered Daiya's own life. The girl leaned over to Cartri, close to his ear again to keep her voice low enough for only him to hear, "That's Luminous Sun. She's got a soft spot for Darkwire, just don't get on her bad side. Trust me."

Daiya pulled away after giving the boy a moment to respond, tracking the Corpo woman with her eyes. After a meandering circuit, it seemed as if the DireX was headed straight toward the bar! The girl glanced around with open mouth, wondering who it was that Sun was coming over to talk to. Surely she wasn't just here to order a drink, Sun owned the club after all, they would go to her.

Her mouth gaped wider as the teen noticed a familiar face coming up behind Sun. The Zeltron girl wasn't who Daiya had expected to see in the shadow of a DireX, and as the pair approached the bar, she turned back to Cartri and held up a finger. "One sec, I'll be right back."

Circling around to tap Zo'i on her shoulder, Daiya held out her arms to give her friend a hug, mindful of the half-empty drink in her hand. When they parted again, the girl asked, "I'm surprised to see you here..." She left the 'with her' part unspoken, but her eyes darted to Sun and back. "Wanna come hang out with me and Cartri?"

Cartri for sure wasn't expecting the drink to taste as bad as it smelled, yet it somehow succeeded in doing that. When the boy took a sip all he could do was scrunch his face up slightly and shake his head in a quick motion, the strong effect hitting him like a tonne of bricks "Damn... that's strong" he said to himself openly, trying to remember if he said the right thing to the barman who seemed to completely ignore his request. He looked back to Daiya who was explaining the different type of people around them, identities he all knew too well "You can say that again, most of them don't know the meaning of survival..." responded Cartri as he continued to eye up the CorpSec officials and representatives.

Even if the drink tasted bad, it still sent a positive feeling through him that couldn't explain. It was almost like the drink had boosted his confidence tenfold as he continued to sip on the spicy flavour that bit his throat. Just then, Daiya pointed out a particular figure who seemed to be in control of things around here. Luminous Sun, a person who had a particular aura around them parted the crowd as she walked in between the dense dancefloor. To say the least, he didn't know much about the corpo, but it was sure the woman was hiding some big secrets in that brain of hers. Soft spot or not, she still belonged to the corporate pigs "Hmph, right" sighed Cartri, who studied sun while she got closer to the bar area. For whatever reason, something was giving him bad vibes about her.

Cartri nodded to Daiya who asked him to wait for a few seconds, leaving him alone at the bar with his half finished brew in his hands. Daiya for whatever reason was now standing next to the very person she pointed out, yet spoke to a person who tailed the unusual host. Out of courage or stupidity, Cartri decided to down the rest of his beverage and place the empty cup on the bar, his cold gaze staring straight at Sun curiously. Although, as seconds ticked by his mind began to loosen up and his vision started to become partially blurry, almost like the drink itself had some kind of side affected attached to its qualities.

Last edited:
Luminous Sun didn't dissapoint this time either. The upgrades to the Sakedo Tower were great. Gray had spent more time than he had planned just walking around the 301st floor and looking at what was there. And maybe visit a bar for a quick drink. But he made sure to stay sober enough for the party that would start in...

"Chit, is it that late already?" he asked himself quietly. "I'll have to make my way towards-"

He didn't finish his sentance, as he bumped into a somewhat stumbling man, who immediatly started appologizing. "No, no, it was my fault, I paid too much attention to the clock, and not on where I was going." But it didn't seem like the man cared that they had nearly collided, as he quickly gave mention of a party. Probably the same party Gray was trying to get to. Then he suddenly mentioned a weird name. "Warkdire?" asked Gray in a quiet voice, before quickly realizing what the man was trying to do. "Ah, yes, Warkdire. It is around here, I was just making my way there myself. Feel free to tag along, I think I know the way there."

Zenric Salyn

Zo'i glared at the back of her "employer." Seriously, what the kark was this, anyway? She guessed that the Corporate Authorities didn't have child labor laws. She also guessed that they didn't have laws protecting unimplanted embryos held inside lockets either. And why the kark was she included in Rhéala's contract?

Speaking of Rhé, the woman was nowhere to be found. Zo'i had no idea how Rhé had gotten into this mess. And she was trying really hard not to jump to conclusions about a situation that she knew nothing about. How could Rhé, someone who was such an expert in manipulating people and situations, be manipulated so karking badly!

In the span of a brief conversation, any chance at a good evening was ruined. For Edge's sake, any hope was completely dashed for the sort of normal family life that Zo'i had been dreading. She couldn't remember why she had been dreading being a family. She only remembered fleetingly wanting to learn what that really felt like, to be with family she chose.

Now? Who karkin knew? Zo'i was pretty sure the Chiss still had her jaw on the floor somewhere. Rhé was probably holed up, rolled into a ball, and weeping. At least that's what Zo'i imagined herself doing in Rhé's shoes. And Zo'i herself? She was staring laser beams into the back of Sun's head, hoping with every fiber of her being that they actually became laser beams.

A tap on her shoulder caused Zo'i to snap, her anger seething out of her. "What?!" she said as she spun. Before her was a friendly face accompanied by a ginger-haired boy. "Oh! Ugh! I'm sorry Daiya. I'm...," she trailed off as she felt the source of her anger growing closer.

Luminous Sun with her two oversized guards approached from behind Zo'i and, on the teen's shoulder, placed a physically light hand that felt like a lead weight. "Daiya... T'aemin, correct? Or is it just Daiya these days? Apologies. I'm afraid I don't have it quite straight. I'm so glad that you've made it to my party this evening. A party that wouldn't be possible without you, I'm told. You have my personal and heartfelt thanks for your efforts in protecting this tower and the beings inside. The Corporate Authorities... I owe you a great debt."

Sun seemed to scan the two Darkwire agents over as she spoke, giving little chance for Daiya to respond. "I don't know your friend there, but if he's with you I'm certain that he must be interesting company. And I must thank you for taking such a shine to Zo'i here." Sun gave the Zeltron teen's arm a little squeeze and Zo'i visibly winced. "She was just so lonely spending time with nothing but adults when she first came to Denon, acting out, getting into trouble left and right. Having someone her own age with whom she could bond has helped her fit in here just so well. I do hope she hasn't been too much of a burden on you and all of your important assignments with Darkwire. I know. Zo'i, perhaps you would like to spend the rest of the evening with your friends. Make sure they enjoy themselves thoroughly."

With a last squeeze of her shoulder, the DireX let go, turned and walked away, having carried on a conversation entirely by herself. Zo'i waited a few moments, looking off into the distance at nothing at all. Then, after sensing that Sun was no longer near, crouched down as low as she could, placing her head down atop her thighs, wrapping her arms around her turning into a perfectly teenage-sized ball, and groaning.

Daiya thought she had managed to avoid the attention of Luminous Sun and her illustrious entourage. She was aiming for her friend, whose natural colors complemented her own preferred style. Zo'i had been there for her in one of her darkest times, and there was nothing she wouldn't do for the girl now. Including finding a way to rescue her from whatever bad situation got the Zeltron girl caught up with a DireX.

For her part, Zo'i seemed really tense at first. Daiya could understand it, and she grinned with an easy smile of forgiveness. It faded quickly as Sun approached Zo'i from behind. The girl's blood chilled as she saw the woman place a hand on her friend's shoulder.

Daiya had never spoken with Sun in person, nor heard any words directed specifically to her. As the DireX spoke, the girl felt a strange sense of calm wash over her. It was as if the words themselves could disarm her, and she very nearly believed Sun when the woman admitted owing Daiya a debt or thanking her for befriending Zo'i.

At the same time, the girl felt her insides twist with every turn of phrase. The woman's tone and body language spoke volumes, a roar that went against every word spoken. Daiya couldn't understand how she was supposed to feel, she only knew she was upset that Zo'i had to endure being the woman's podium until Sun stopped talking and walked away.

Daiya felt frozen in place for a moment, still trying to process what had just happened. Even after a moment, all she could muster was just a simple, "Oh. Okay then..."

Nothing about that exchange made sense to her, and she looked for Zo'i to try to get some idea of what had just gone down.

"Oh, Zo'i!" the girl cried a second later when she saw her friend on the floor. Daiya sank down next to Zo'i, putting a hand on the other girl's back. "Are you okay?"

There wasn't much of a coherent answer to be had, just the groans coming from her traumatized friend. Daiya wasn't really sure how to interpret them, but she got the feeling that Zo'i wasn't actually hurt. Overwhelmed, maybe. The girl's hand moved in circles against her friend's back while she leaned down to try to peer into Zo'i's face. "Hey," she said in an even tone, "Let's get off the dance floor. Can you come with me?"

Luckily, Zo'i was willing to let Daiya help her. The girl slowly picked her friend off the floor, and motioned to Cartri with her head to follow. With the boy hopefully in tow, Daiya led them to a booth off the side of the dance floor where she got her friend seated before hopping into the bench seat next to her. Putting her hand back on the Zeltron girl in hopes to soothe her, Daiya looked wistfully at Cartri. She had really wanted to have fun with him, until that woman intervened to ruin it all.

"Cartri, can you do me a favor? Zo'i needs a drink, could you get one for her?" the girl asked, giving the ginger-haired boy a plaintive look. He looked like he really didn't want to be there, or maybe just that he wasn't all there anymore. Daiya couldn't blame him if it was the first. "I'll understand if you want to just get back to the party after that."

Daiya turned back to Zo'i, a hand still rubbing her back. Cautiously, she asked her friend, "You wanna talk about it?"

Zenric Salyn

Z
Zen nodded. Warkdire. No one would know what he actually meant. .. No wait Gray Venasir Gray Venasir did. He was supposed to though. .. Was anyone listening in? Zenric glanced around, squinting at the passerbys. One that met his gaze got the two finger 'watching you' motion before his gaze turned back to the guy he'd almost bumped into. "You know the way? Perfect! Lead on good man. I'll be right besid-" He stumbled as he started to walk, barely keeping his footing. The cybernetics were the only thing keeping him up.

"Behind you."

Cartri could only watch on as Daiya walked over to her friend, who seemed to be occupied with a looming sun. The way he spoke and acted didn't sit well with him by the very least. It was almost as if he was belittling her through the cracks of his words, even if many people didn't see that. Eventually, sun had finished his little talk and left the girl he didn't know to her own devices. Once he was out of sight she slowly fell to her knees, almost in a total different state than before. Suns words were one of hidden agenda, similar to a person who didn't want to voice their true malice but instead cover it in a dialogue of lies.

He slowly began to make his way over to the pair, but something felt off. Cartri felt unsteady and his vision was clearly blurry, yet he was able to keep his wits about him as he stood beside them soon enough. Cartri followed Daiya's command to follow them, dodging and weaving through the dancing crowd until they reached a booth on the far end. On closer inspection the girl looked quite distressed after the confrontation, making him think his thoughts about Sun were slowly coming true. His eyes looked back to his dance companion and nodded after she asked to get her a drink "Sure... and if you don't mind I'll be happy to stay with you a bit longer" he said with a smile as he lightly put a hand on her shoulder, their eyes meeting for a few seconds as he began to turn around and walk through the dense jungle of drunks.

His mind clearly wasn't thinking straight at all, especially after what he just did. It was probably the strange drink he just consumed that was making him act strange, or was it his actually feelings taking over?

The boy finally pushed his way through to the bar and caught the barmans attention, ordering a glass of water for the girl that was still recover. Although, just when the barman was turning his back Cartri decided to get himself the same drink from before. For whatever reason, his mind was screaming for him to get more, even if it tasted rotten.

Zo'i let Daiya guide her through the party to a seat somewhere off the dance floor. The Zeltron didn't know where. She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. Her mind was spinning with all of the happenings and she was having trouble keeping everything straight. Everything about the last few hours had gone completely haywire. She had started the night trying to accept whether or not she wanted to do the whole family thing with Rhé plus wondering how she would deal with Rhé's new-old partner Sentiri. Then she learned exactly why Rhé was stuck under Sun's rule with such insidious means. Then, apparently, Sun let slip that Zo'i was a part of that arrangement, so she was responsible for an unborn child's life, too.

How the hark was she supposed to deal with all of this? A year ago, her worst fear was not being able to hitch a ride as she jumped from world to world. Those times were totally carefree. Now? All she knew was responsibility and servitude. Was this the life she had set out to find when she left Commenor to discover what it had meant to be Zeltron? Was she even any closer to that goal? Had Rhé lied? Or had her guardian hoped for something else?

And what the kark was Zo'i supposed to do about all of this?

"I don't know," she answered her friend. Her head was down and she was staring at her hands in her lap. "I don't know where to start. I don't know what my feelings are. I barely even understand what's happening. It's all so surreal..."

She sighed. Too much. It was all too much. Zo'i needed anything else right now. Her gaze rose to meet Daiya's concerned eyes and immediately dropped her gaze again. "Oh. And, uhhh... I guess you know I work for Sun now. Guess that makes me one of those," Zo'i threw some a deep sarcastic tones on her next two words, "stinky Corpos you hate so much. Yayyy..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom