Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning to the cradle [GR dominion for Deneba]

As Mantic took his position above the small assemblage, Dune Rhur broke off his mediation and stood to listen. He wore no expression as he gave heed to the Grandmaster but inside he felt disgust. True, there were fewer Jedi than in their Golden Age, but for those Jedi left to be off on their own petty errands....Politics could be dealt with after the Sith threat was expunged from the Core worlds and driven back into whatever hole they'd crawled out from.

But these Jedi had elected to put politics first and to allow personal bias to cloud their thinking. Yes, their Councils had had meetings where they smiled and shook hands for the holonet news. That accomplished very little other than sending a bare handful of Jedi to bolster the ranks against the hordes of darkness. What they needed was to set aside everything and combine strengths but what they did was simply smile for the holovids.

It filled him with a sense of sardonic amusement that Jedi Masters had frowned at his words on Exis Station to that effect. Either that or they'd simply stalked off. They refused to listen to logic and common sense, believing that the Republic Jedi wanted to bring them under the yoke of the Senate. Perhaps the politicians wanted that, but the Order had bigger concerns and such things could be decided afterwards.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Aleksander Miles"]

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
4/20
The factory continued to be constructed, with the droids and time passing they were able to work on it to give a lot of things before she moved with a few things and attention. She stood over the factory assembly lines as the droids worked on more of the harder things. "Keep up the skilled work." She gave a nod of her head to the droid foreman they brought out for working and operating this. The looms and machines for fabrication working to weave the crystal and materials together to fabricate the parts with the converters. "Send messages as needed for some of the soldiers if they wish to help test the weapons fresh off the assembly line." She rather liked the idea but there was quite a lot more they could work and operate with. Testing the equipment had been done, now they needed to get the better production site like here.

Objective A
Post 9/20
Mount Meru

As the small crowd of jedi started to engage in discussions Mantic could sense a troubled mind among them.
He turned his eyes toward [member="Dune Rhur"] with a concerned eye.

"Knight Rhur, please, join me. I sense that something is troubling you. Share your doubt with me and together we might help each other to what need to be done in order to settle your mind."

Mantic motioned with his had to his side inviting [member="Dune Rhur"] over.

4/20
Objective: B
Allies: @Reshmar @Willam Forlon [member="Sanya Val Swift"]

She got word of where she had to go, the command brought the ship in close. It docked alongside the ship, as it did sealed itself against the docking station. Then door opened with phsss noise, as air pressure equalized. Then she had group of her housecarls dressed in Power Armour and holding Thul Reapers, began to march on baord follow by her. Soon gun fire was heard and then silenced by reapers, they where nothing more than walking tanks going down the corridors. This was what they where built for, after debacle of the republic on Roche. The heavy fire began to put against them, they where holding. Though the batteries where now beginning to be swapped out, as it ate into the the deflector shields. Though they where running from the now, as they did she got on her intercom. To Republic survivors, shout out Romeo Alpha Tango Sierra, when we get close so my men will hold there fire. They kept the fire under control, as the Thul reapers, could brake through armour plating of the ship, if they hit same place repeatedly.

"It's the Order as a whole. You know what I said on Exis Station, of course. Petty politicking and personal interests taking precedence when the Sith own the core of the Galaxy."

He spread his hands in a gesture of helplessness and shook his head.

"They refuse to see that what they're doing is not in keeping with Jedi in the past. They're interested in their own stories and do not follow the precepts of the Masters of our past. It doesn't make any sense when one considers the Sith could sweep us aside with a concentrated effort, divided as we are. But what do I know."

He said the last with a chuckle and shrugged.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
7/20
B (get the tech out safely)
[member="Elaine Thul"]

Sanya kept peeking her head around the hole to see more flooding in to lay down fire. The situation was becoming bad real fast and there was not much she could do. If she moved there was a possibility someone could shoot up the tech and droids. Not that the droids where that important. A prominent bleeping grew closer till a small thermal detonator landed close to her feet. She held her hand out gripping the ball with the force flinging it back out towards the hostile people. As it exploded several screams could be heard from those it gauge in it's radius. She had to do something fast but there was just to many.

Ignighting both blades she stepped out and let her sabers flow from one shot to the next deflecting them. Not all of them would land and some even came close to landing either skimming past the aggressors or hitting where they where in cover. The few she did it either took it or was a critical hit. She could see in the corner of her eye the door opening once more. "Kark reinforcements." She said thinking it was more people to come attack. Although the shots coming through where targeting the bandits and shredding through them fast. Sanya couldn't help but feel this was a lucky brake. "IN HERE! Romeo Alfa Tango Sierra." She shouted out making her presence known. With the last in the room cleared out she signaled the droids to follow. Although more blaster fire drowned the corridors. "I need to extract this tech. I can help clear the way to my ship but I'll need some people to keep fire off the droids. Do you think you could do that?" She asked in a very serious voice.

Objective A
Post 10/20
Mount Meru

Mantic listened as [member="Dune Rhur"] spoke and explained what troubled his mind so much. He nodded in understanding and raised his chin to the skies.
He admitted that there was recognition in himself. His own mind touched more often then not with the questions on why not jedi could be united in these chaotic times.
Yet, he was not without guilt himself. HE belived that the jedi should serve, not govern and for that he had broken off and remained with the Republic.

"I see the logic in your questions Knight Rhur," he answrered as he lowered his eyes back to [member="Dune Rhur"]

"There is a great schism, a tragedy for the galaxy that we have not managed to stand together against the darkness. You and I are part of it. We stand for something that others dont and vice verse." as he continued speaking he shook his head slowly.

"I have swore to protect the people of the Republic and its democratic values, as the jedi of old did. It is the path the force has guided me too and where I will continue to serve for as long as the force allow me. However, I do not consider myself or the Knights of the Republic an isolated island. We are part of a greater unspoken community where jedi from various order belong. This unspoken idea must someday come to take lead of us all again. I am certain that day will come, albeit maybe not during our lifespans." Mantic spoke with a clear voice, yet there were tints of raspy sounds revealing signs of aging.

"If you may take an advice, I would ask you to draw in your emotions on this topic. Instead focus on what service you can provde here and now for the Republic people, for the Republic Knights, that will strengthen our chances to save as much light as possible against the onslaught of darkness that is a constant factor. We need to concentrate on what our current roles are, not what we would wish for."

"Naturally we can strive for something better, but never forget that while breaking something is easy, to build up something new takes much more effort, patience and time."

Mantic clasped his hands inside his sleeves and eyed [member="Dune Rhur"] as they spoke. He had come with great ideas to the Republic Knights and Manticv had been inspired. To be drawn away in frutration was however not a path he or any jedi of the Republic should allow.

"Be mindful of agitation, irritation and frustration. They border to more dangerous feelings lurking inside us. I need you here, at my side." he finished and placed a hand on the bith shoulder. "There is so much to do..."

Nodding slowly, Dune folded his hands in his sleeves in a like manner.

"As you say, Master."

Certain he was right on a much more basic level; a Jedi shouldn't allow their emotions to rule them. He let go of it, for now, though he suspected that it wouldn't be the last instance.

"In truth, it's always been the Republic itself that was the problem. Or so it seems, Master."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Hopeman12

The Only Black Jedi in the galaxy
Objective A
Post 1/20

Jordun jumped out of the cockpit of his fighter and quickly ran to the old temple, where he found his fellow jedi meditating. Not trying to disturb them, Jordun found a place to sit and saw his master [member="Mantic Dorn"] and give him a wave.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]
6/20
Objective: B

She heard someone shout the password, she raised her hand to signal cease fire. The reapers fell silent, and she called out Who goes there? She had her hand up at all times, if they should any sign of aggression, she would lower it, and the reapers would reap again. The reason she was being carefull the pirates might off intercepted her transmission, so it paid to be careful. This was longest second ever, then she heard the woman's voice, she was republic jedi master, her voice was unmistakeable. Yes we can, housecarls secure the area on the double. The power armour soldiers then began to move off, they were going to holding positions. Though she doubted very much that pirates would try anything, now they knew that her troops were nearby. As they stationed themselves in covering positions, new batteries were brought up for them, and more ammo.

Objective A
Post 11/20
Mount Meru

Mantic bowed his head as [member="Jordun Darko"] arrived to the gathering. The young jedi always seemed to be in a hurry but he was a great supporter of the Knights and a good ally.

Noting how he fell into meditation Mantic returned his attention to [member="Dune Rhur"]

"I believe that the flaws of the Republic are not the Republic itself. It is a system promoting good ideals. It is not some creature of its own."

"But, it has been the bright light of the universe for a greater time than any other power. And for that people hold grave demands on it. It is also the nurturing ground for jealousy and spite because of this. When a flaw is noted it is presented in ways that hurt the whole Republic, not always with the entire picture at hand."

Mantic wagged his head somewhat to try and find the wording for what he tried to say.

"When a politician turns corrupt or a military personnel conducts a crime of war, it is not the ideal of the Republic that has done wrong, it is not the people of the Republic. It is that person or group of persons. There is also a high risk that there are powers behind such actions that we have failed to recognize.” he said turning a knowing eye to the Bith.

" There are no more flaws in the Republic then in any other great power of the universe, on the contrary. It holds democracy and freedom high and it does not allow singular leaders to take control. Sometimes, in history the system has failed, but it has not been the Republic to blame but rather the schemes of those that seek the Republic to fail."

Sighing Mantic looked to the stars again. He longed for a more peaceful time, one where the jedi stood united and where ideals of hope and freedom shone clear to all. But he doubted that was something that would happen during his life span.

"When in doubt, remember and remind those around you that we are jedi, we serve the people of the Republic fore most. If something is flawed in the Republic that hurts the people we will strive to correct this flaw from inside, using peaceful means for as long as possible."

"We are the Knights of the Republic, we do not abandon it, we stay and protect those we serve."

Objective A
Post 6

"That's true, Grandmaster," said the Bith in reply "But perceptions seem to be reality to many."

"Master Raaf's idea of supporting the Republic, though at arm's length, seems to be best in my mind."

He too looked towards the stars, as if to the distant past.

"Being too embroiled within the Republic's politics has almost wiped the Order from existence multiple times. During the time of Luke Skywalker, the New Jedi Order wasn't subject to the direct oversight of the Republic nor Alliance. It seemed to serve both the Order and the people of the greater galaxy well."

He noted [member="Jordun Darko"] and nodded in acknowledgement, turning his gaze back to Mantic.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Objective A
Post 12
Mount Meru

These discussions were important for every jedi. Mantic had found a path for him, yet he knew that few shared his conviction. In fact most had left the Republic long ago, to form orders of their own or otherwise put the Republic at an arms length. It was a Republic torn by wars and conflict, one that seldom had the chance to rest in its ideals safely. That in itself was however making Mantic trust that it was the right to stay firm.

"Grand Master Raaf would not have seperated the Republic from the jedi order." he then spoke with a tint of sadness to his voice.

"She was very clear on that the jedi were servants of the Republic. However, with the loss of Ossus she did decide to place the new main temple outside of Republic space. It made many believe her intentions wrre to leave the Republic." stroking his beard Mantic pondered for a while.

"I am afraid that it is not the Republic that brings politics to the jedi. The different orders create their own agendas all the time. I do not believe it is right for jedi to rule, yet when we detect dark ess in politics it is our duty to intercept. Never seizing power but shield it from the shadows."

"When the jedi order left the Republic it aimed to blend with the Alliance, a move that was political by nature. Many jedi claimed not to be part of the move because of this political nature, tjus included myself. But regardless of choices made, we contributed to the political arena of the galaxy. Our decissions, mine, yours, every jedi, had an impact that resonates even to our day."

"We can not blame the Republic, or any other power for bringing us politics, we are doing that just fine ourselves, and it may even be our duty at times."
Mantic smirked, afraid that he was gping to be missunderstood.

"Naturally, I mean that we should be cautious on the political arena, but not pretend that we are not part of the greater political game of the galaxy, in our own way."

[member="Dune Rhur"]

"Perhaps," the Bith said thoughtfully "Though I'm a simple historian and politicking isn't my forte."

He gave a small, self-depreciating laugh. It was true, though, that history could teach valuable lessons. Learning from the mistakes of others helped one not make them in the first place. "I suppose I will leave the business of unifying our Orders to you Masters. I often 'put my foot in my mouth', as I've heard humans say."

That was a little unusual for a Bith to become so worked-up. Normally, they were very peaceful but the Order was Dune Rhur's life and his world.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Ylva Alfrún

"Wolf Who Possess Hidden Knowledge"
Objective: A
Allies: Jedi, Republic
Enemies: Ignorance, [member=Alyona Volkovna]

"Statement: The Jedi Code is an poorly designed tool to base an individual's life philosophy on. Evidence: The Jedi Code cannot accommodate ever-changing social perceptions and norms. The Jedi Code does not account for the reality of sentient psychosocial develop and prevalence of emotion in decision-making processes." Ylva said to the young woman seated cross-legged before her. Ylva herself sat on a pillow she'd placed upon a rounded stone. Normally, Ylva would have given three pieces of evidence to support her claim, but for now decided two would do. The ashen-haired girl of hardly two score years listened intently before offering a response. "Rebuttal: The Jedi Code is an adequate tool for making ideological decisions in one's life. Evidence: The Jedi Code provides an emotional guideline to aspire to emulate. The Jedi Code is designed to be interpretive, allowing such interpretations to evolve with shifts in social values and norms. The Jedi Code facilitates understanding of one's own emotions and their impact on their environment."
Ylva smiled slightly, the young woman was intelligent, to be sure. She knew Volkovna had studied for many years on Ossus before being taken as a the Padawan learner of the Jedi Order's former Grand Master, Corvus Raaf. The girl known as The Voxyn also happened to boast an eidetic memory, as did Ylva. The knowledge she'd absorbed from the Ossus Academy database must have been extensive, though she held no formal university education.

"What happens when a Jedi encounters a real world situation that does not address specifically the emotions of fear, loss, hate? It is said that there is no emotion, only peace. What does this mean to you?" Ylva asked. The young woman replied confidently, "It means that emotion, whilst a reality, is an obstacle to be overcome in the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom. It means that we cannot know peace until we have transcended our base emotions."
Ylva nodded, "And do you not believe that learning to understand and interpret one's emotions is not a better strategy for overcoming them when making decisions in life?"
Alyona shook her head, "Emotions are like blinders, they prevent us from seeing reality because they prey on our inherent biases. We can no more hope to be at peace when we are angry than when we are when reveling in joy. Emotions influence our perception of the world, and therefore inform our decisions. Consider this, Master: If a person makes me happy, or angry, then I view that individual in either a positive or negative light. This may lead to contradictions between personal and societal views. If I am serving as the juror of a democratic justice system, and view a murderer as a hero, thus seeing them in a positive light, I may be inclined to determine that individual to be innocent, regardless of the facts of the case."

Ylva nodded. "Indeed you might. And yet the facts do not change, and these perceptions can be challenged. If you are unable to express why, by an objective measure, the hypothetical individual is innocent based on the logic of the evidence, then your personal affliction does not matter. Therefore, emotion has not blinded the rest of the jury."
Alyona frowned, opening her eyes. "So you would argue that while emotions blind individuals, society only suffers when this blindness affects others?"
The old woman smiled with wrinkled lips. "Now you understand, child. There is a limit to all things, even the pull of gravity. For while gravity may exist across infinite space, its influence remains limited. The potential expanse of your emotional influence does not matter, only its practical influence. Your emotions may change your mind, but unless they change mine as well, they are irrelevant."

Alyona shook her head, "The focus of this discussion is on the personal life philosophy of a Jedi, not that of society."
"And yet we do not exist in vacuum, therefore the affect of a personal life philosophy only exists in the context of society as a whole." Ylva replied smoothly. The Voxyn closed her eyes once more and pondered the Master's words.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
7/20
B (get the tech out safely)
[member="Elaine Thul"]

Sanya listens as the halls became infested with the sounds of blasterfire. "My ship is two hangers down not far. Anyway I'll support your men." Her sabers still ignighted and tight in her grip; she wasted no time rushing into the fray. With not every shot directed at her it was a lot easier to intercept the individual bolts of blaster shots. To kill wasn't her intention but she couldn't entirely help the direction some of the shots went. With a large crowd of them up ahead blocking the hanger Sanya would raise her hand and let a ripple of the force out knocking them back. "Okay boys and gals move up."

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
5/20

Ayumi remained there as she continued to watch the construction efforts taking place, her arms crossed over her chest as they were testing out the rifles the factory was putting out with some success. The new model multipurpose combat rifles were a beast and a half compared to how they were originally plus the upgrades that had been done in the modular tech tubes to house new functions. It gave the soldiers she had gotten from Denon plenty of skill despite the clear weight that came from the weapons. "How does it feel?" She was loking at the one soldiers holding it to his shoulder while switching the setting. "Lightweight, like a normal rifle but it is so large." A small nod of her head. "Desh-terethium casins and components, strong, ultra lightweight and able to hold the reishi tube weapons. Combined with your toolkits you'll have near thirty five weapons on the battlefield to utilize."

[SIZE=12pt]Objective: Locate a particular scientist for the Republic[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Post: 1/20[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He wore a simple robe to avoid attention as he entered the bar. He had been here before but no one would recognize him. He was younger back then. More thinner, more innocent. He wasn’t the same “Lucky” that anyone would remember. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What are you having?” a waitress asked him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He offered her a friendly smile as he took a seat, “Surprise me.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]His eyes started to scan the room and he felt a bubbly feeling inside as Pun started to play from the radio. This was the same place he remembered. Down to the exact details. The rowdy patrons, the smell of beer and fried food, the tacky paintings. He was home. Well the place he had once called home. Deneba was only a small pit stop on the long road he had traveled so far. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It had been several years since he’d been back. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The waitress came back and she offered him a mug of lager while his food was being prepared. Jorvan continued to look around until he found the person he was looking for. He sipped his beer quietly while Thorin and his cohorts laughed in the corner. They were celebrating today. Lick of the century they were bragging about. Jorvan only watched them with a smile. It was good they were in a good mood, he thought. Men like to talk when they were happy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He started to get up and approach them, but he felt a heavy hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw a familiar heavyset woman grinning at him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Aunt Cora?” he said with disbelief. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Oh, so you remember me, Mr. I-can’t-keep-in-touch-with-anybody?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jorvan only shook his head, smiling from ear to ear. He got up and she embraced him with a familiar hug--tight, bone-crushing, full of love. She lifted him off his feet before she set him down with a thunderous laugh. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I can’t believe you’re still alive, Lucky.” She gave him another hard pat on the shoulder. “What brings you back here? Don’t tell me you came back for Julia? She left a long time ago you know. To Serenno, I think?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was Coruscant, but Jorvan didn’t correct her. If he brought up his reunion with Julia, then he would also have to mention her demise. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He pushed Julia out of his head, and returned his attention back to the woman who had once been like his second mother. “How have you been?” he asked her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He was here in Deneba for business, but that business could wait for a few hours. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]She looped her arm through his and she led him to their favorite table. The one where his name was etched into the wood, alongside Julia and Thorin’s. [/SIZE]

Objective: C - Ceremony of Reunion

Supreme Chancellor Jack Sparrow held a champagne flute delicately between two fingers and skirted an informal bow to yet another mini-magistrate.

"So good of you to make it, Supreme Chancellor," said the man, a pudgy, balding fellow with an impressive mustache and a booming voice.

Mallin Torntoo, said a voice in Jack's ear. He's the head of the planetary council on farming and resources.

"A pleasure, Mr. Torntoo," replied Jack with his most sincere fake smile. "How stands the harvest this season?" Jack paused a moment, receiving new data through his invisible earpiece. "Hunt fruit did well, I hope?"

The man's mustache quirked upwards in a smile and his eyes widened. "Why, why yes. Yes, very well, thank you!" he said.

"Excellent. Please do let us know if the...bactarsyca become a problem in the fall. We have a non-chemical, non-invasive treatment that has worked wonders elsewhere. Happy to share it with the Republic's newest member world."

The pudgy man bowed again, and then again. "I certainly will, Chancellor! Thank you! May I ask--"

Jack held up a forestalling hand. An incoming weather front was interfering with his audio reception, and his receiver had suddenly done dead.

"A moment, if you would, Mr. Torntoo," Jack begged. "I fear Deneba's excellent fermented wine has reminded me that all good things are borrowed, not owned, should you follow my meaning."

The man looked puzzled. "No, not as such, sir."

Jack blinked. "Restroom. I need one."

"Ah! Just that way." Torntoo pointed across the opulent room to a door next to the bar.

"Back in a moment," the Supreme Chancellor lied.

7/20
Allies: [member="Sanya Val Swift"]

She looked at the woman taking the salvage, she did not recognise her. So she signalled to her housecarl, and then two of them turned to point there reapers at them. She then said to salvage ​I am Duchess Elaine Thul, please may I see your identification. Also your orders, for taking these assets. She knew they could be pirates, as well and just hacked into there com lines. So if she had I.D. and some orders she let her be on her way, otherwise they might have issues. She also said please out politeness not in giving her a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom