Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset The Map Says What?

Should we reset the map?

• Yes

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Maybe Later

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
tenor.gif

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Reset it to what though? That's my question. Every major gets 3 hexes? Or 6? Or 12?

I haven't witnessed such a thing before.

​Look at it this way.

​If factions don't want this to happen. Why is that?

​I thought dominions were about story, not so different from a faction thread?

If dominions really are, not just 50 post markers for more blob. Then, you still have all that 'great character development' so why do you care if the map is reset? If dominions are working as intended, and aren't broken. Then you really shouldn't care what way the map looks.

​Hard to admit it, but most of the map game isn't for writing its literally; 'my blob is bigger than yours' which isn't really relevant to what its supposed to be there for.

​DEW IT.

The last time the map was reset was because there was legitimately no room for new factions to start and grow.

As it stands, it'd make no sense to do it again with flippant disregard.

This is an issue I will stand with [member="Darth Metus"] on.

vry srs bzns

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
I'm in the "maybe later" camp because there is still room for new factions.

Now, I acknowledge the current map game isn't perfect, and that many consider doms a form of collective grinding that a map reset will only make worse, but I'd support a map reset only if there is no room left for new factions.

[member="Elani Zambrano"]

That's very true. But, the problem isn't a lack of space or anything like that. I feel like a reset entails more than just a reset, but likely some reform regarding the current state of dominions.

Because, it's not even close to being about character development or anything of the sort.

[member="Varas Ren"]

Not if a change to dominions come along with the reset. As either way the problem remains.

And I fall in the 'do it' camp because I don't see a reason not to.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"] There's plenty of character development done in dominions. [member="Zahori Denko"] wouldn't be an Admiral rn without dominions. I'm sure the same basic thing can be said about several other characters.

[member="Elani Zambrano"] I'm not saying character dev doesn't exist within them. I'm saying that's not what its about​. Two different things.

The character development/writing is what matters. And without influence clouds, that still exists. So, why do dominions matter other than just as a platform for said dev? Well, that'd still be there if the map was reset. And without dominions you could still do anything you would in a dominion in a faction thread.

So, all I see regarding the map reset is 'm-m-muh air of superiority'

Other than that, you don't need dominions to do any of it. Or the map in its current state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom