Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pregnancy and Prophecies

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Valery was quick to step beside him, and even though this was a dream, or perhaps a vision, she reached for his hand to find some comfort. The action of accessing a place like this made her more aware of it too. In a way, it made the visions feel just a bit more real and interactive.

Maybe, it would help her see things she missed before, and find a way forward.

"It feels strange..." Valery said, as her hand drifted over her stomach. Here, she wasn't pregnant anymore, and their child - their son - was out there on his own.

"Where we are? Well, the mountains, the look of those homes... I think we're on Keshi, but a different continent than we've visited before. But my question is why?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was Keshi?

He looked around again before nodding slowly in agreement. It did at least look like the same world, if a bit different because of the position on the planet. He reached down, gently taking Valery's hand in his own to squeeze gently. Smiled even more. Whatever they were going to see here, they were going to see it together at least.

"We won't find out just standing around here, will we?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"You're right," Valery's lips twisted and curled into a bit of a smile, as he reached for her hand and gave it that familiar, comforting squeeze. Just another reason why she was glad to have him here with her, and why she should have told him about these dreams and visions sooner.

She just never liked making her problems other people's problems. Though... in a way, all of this concerned him just as much. It was his son too, after all.

"Let's go." Valery squeezed hid hand back, and gently pulled him along to where she felt him. His presence was faint and different, but still familiar. She entered the room, eyes searching for her son, but froze when they did.

There he was, tall and built like a warrior - like his father - but he was wounded. He laid on his back in armor she didn't recognize, and was being tended to by a nurse, who ran her hand through his hair and sniffed away a tear.

"You are here," she said, as she looked up with tears in her eyes and focused on the Nobles.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil walked with Valery, and paused just as she did once they were in the tent. He hadn't expected to see him in armor. Hadn't expected to see him as an adult. He found himself staring for a moment before, eventually, nodding once to the nurse. Something was clearly wrong, whatever this vision was trying to show them.

".. What can we do to help?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Mom, Dad," their son managed with a weak smile as his green eyes turned to them. His face looked a little pale, likely because he had lost some blood, but he looked happy to see them. This was one vision with a sad tone, but not a darker one, Valery could tell. So, despite the scene that played out in front of her, she let loose a sigh of relief. Their children were largely going to be Jedi, and that meant getting hurt at times.

But wounds could heal, while some things were much harder to recover from.

"Just be here for him," the nurse said. "I've stopped the bleeding and he'll recover. But it was close," she spoke with a tone that suggested she was something more to him than a nurse. Valery's eyes sparkled a little, seeing how pretty the young woman was, and how kind she seemed to be.

As protective as she'd be of their children, she hoped they would all find someone special one day.

"Dad? We managed to stop His forces, but I don't know if we'll hold out much longer," he said, and Valery absolutely didn't like the emphasis on his.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm not surprised. He's very.. Resilient, if nothing else."

It wasn't a hard guess as to who it might be, but Kahlil didn't want to assume. And, he didn't want to intervene too much with what this was. A vision. If he toyed with it too much, they wouldn't be able to find the core that they were searching for here. Why the visions were coming, and what the warning might actually be.

"I can handle him, don't worry."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery's hand slipped down as their son talked to his father. She took Kahlil's hand and squeezed it while she watched, equally careful not to disturb this vision or dream. Luckily, with Kahlil's reassurance that he'd handle his own father, the raven-haired young man smiled and laid back down.

Valery, however, squeezed a bit harder on his hand, "We will handle him," she said with a huff. She trusted Kahlil to handle his father alone, but she felt a lot better about it if they confronted someone that evil together.

It put her mind at ease.

Their son just snickered and shook his head, "Some things never change, hm?" He asked his father, but before any answer could be given, the world around them did start to change. Everything blurred and turned around so much that Valery forced her eyes shut, just to keep herself from vomiting.

When they opened again, it was as if they had never moved, but the world itself had altered. They were still on Keshi, within the mountains, but the village was burning.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Together, always."

That was a given to him. He just chuckled as he glanced to their son. At least this vision got this part of their relationship right. Though the world swiftly shifted, and what was a somewhat peaceful town was now engulfed in flame.

Kahlil frowned, staring at the fires for a moment.

"Is this what you normally see, love?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Damn right, together.

Valery huffed a little, but every part of that fun, playful attitude disappeared instantly when the flames revealed themselves. Her grip on his hand tightened while cold sweat formed within her palm. Her chest heaved and her eyes seemed to tremble, while the inferno flickered against her amber gaze. Yes, she had seen this before — many times. Too many to count, and more than enough to make her feel on edge.

"It's..."

A sudden explosion made her wince, and drew her eyes to what had once been a Keshian home. In its burning rubble now stood a young man, tall and muscular, with yellow eyes burning through black locks fallen in front of his face. Valery swallowed and could barely look his way, knowing just who he was.

Their son drew a crimson blade and started moving, his eyes focused on his mother with deadly intent. But while he approached to attack, Valery froze.

As she did every time.

Kahlil_Div2.png

So that's what this vision was.

Kahlil stared at the vision, at the source of all the torment Valery had likely been feeling. Their son, standing tall amidst all this destruction, armed with a red blade and a hateful gaze. He didn't freeze, though. Instead he stepped forward, in front of Valery with a stern gaze. This wasn't something he was going to hesitate on.

"Will you explain why?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Perhaps Valery would have stood her ground if she hadn't already been tormented by these visions for many nights. Though, standing up against her own family would never be easy, and a part of her wondered if she'd be able to face off against her own children, if any of them were to fall.

It was something she'd rather not think about.

Valery stood behind her husband and averted her gaze, while their son stood closer now. He looked at his Dad, gritted his teeth and said, "Stand aside, father, or I will go through you." His eyes burned at what little of his Mother he could see, but his father's question pulled his eyes back.

"It's in my blood to suffer. It's because of you," he said with venom in his tone.

"Then she abandoned me when I needed her. She never cared. Did you, Mom? Why would you? I didn't want to be a Jedi, so you didn't care." He hissed and then glared at Kahlil again, his hand tightening around the hilt of his weapon.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You know that's a lie."

He wasn't speaking to the vision, though. He kept his eyes on their son, watching him curiously. This was how he was going to look? It made him happy to know that. If anything, it was wonderful to see their youngest healthy and alive, even if he'd fallen. This future wasn't set in stone. And Kahlil was never the type who let a potential darkness hover over him and keep him down.

If he had, he'd never have become the Jedi he was.

"Why is this the vision? Can you help us understand that, son?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

The image of their son flickered.

Valery was still behind him, struggling just a little to confront this vision again. She was so tired of it. So exhausted of feeling her child full of anger and darkness. She had confronted it many times, and she wasn't one to give up on loved ones, even if they fell to the Dark.

But everybody had a limit.

"I did not create this," he answered, "She did. Her mind and its bond to mine. Her fears, her doubts, and the Force with its many pathways tapping into our bond." Valery frowned hearing that, and felt like she was to blame for this. Maybe this is why he felt so angry with him? Because she created all of this?

"What future do you see for me, father?" he asked, his voice still laced with anger, though doubt as well.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You should know better than to blame someone else for their fears. Or at least, I hope I'd have taught you that by now." Fear was a natural part of life. Even Jedi weren't immune to it, and there was nothing more that frightened a parent than the terrible things that could happen to their children. And after everything that had already happened, it wasn't surprising to Kahlil that these fears had come up.

Though, taking form of visions was different.

"Healthy. Alive. Happy. But those aren't a future I envision. The future is ever changing. Nothing is set in stone. Whatever fate you have, I just want it to be one that you choose yourself."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"One that I choose myself?" he asked with a huff of air leaving his lips.

"That's all we ever want for you," Valery said, her voice frail as it projected her exhaustion. She looked at him finally, now that she stepped around her husband, her eyes a little teary, but not lacking in strength. She was tired, but she'd never lose that spark she had. Not around the people she loved, and her family was the most important thing to her.

Their son began to flicker again, and this time, started to fade along with the rest of the world around them. No longer, they stood on Keshi, and this time there was no sign of their son anymore. Instead, they stood in a dark room; so dark that they couldn't tell where it was.

In the middle was a table with a large bowl, filled with some kind of silvery liquid. The woman Valery had mentioned earlier sat in front of it, and looked at them both.

"More of you," she said.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Is this meant to be a warning? A lesson?"

The woman Valery had been talking about. This wasn't just a vision, by how it all shifted and changed. This was the core of it, if he had to take a guess. The core that brought all these nightmares. He frowned as he took Valery's hand again, squeezed it gently. "It would be wise for you to explain yourself and your actions on tormenting a pregnant mother."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Tormenting her?" The woman's voice sounded surprised, and even hinted a flash of emotion. She sounded young too, but a closer look revealed very little. She wasn't actually showing her face, but wore a black mask that hid her features. Only her long, blonde hair was visible, as it draped around her shoulders.

"I did not cause any of this," she clarified. "Your wife's bond to your son did. A fine gentleman, if I may say so."

Now Valery had that motherly squint aimed at the woman. She sounded young enough, so if she had her eyes on her son, Valery was going to drown her in that little bowl of strange liquid of hers.

"So, he was here?" she asked instead, though with a tightening grip on her husband's hand.

"Yes, to ask for my help."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No, he wasn't."

Kahlil let out a sigh as he shook his head. The Force could do many things, but time was not one of them. Not to this degree anyway, not with how this woman spoke. This was another vision. Another potential shown to them.

"Show us the core of these visions. Not more of them."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Then find us," she said while she watched them. Parents concerned for their child was a powerful thing, though in this very moment, the husband seemed mostly concerned for his wife. She did look tired, so she couldn't blame him. "Find my people in the Argazda system, and they will guide you."

"They will show you your needs."

Valery blinked and looked at her husband, as this particular began to fade again. She had so many questions. Why had their son been here in this particular future? Why did he need her help?

Show them their needs?

"Babe? Are we going there?" she asked, as the world started spinning. "I need these visions and dreams to stop..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh we're going there. Though I might end up kicking the shit out of whoever that lady is."

Kahlil grumbled. She could've done just about anything else than torment a mother about uncertainties of her unborn child's future. He tightened a fist before letting out a sigh and glanced towards Valery for a moment longer.

"We'll figure this out, don't worry."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom