Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pregnancy and Prophecies

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

While her pregnancy had been going extremely well, for the last few weeks, there had been a curious development. At night, when Valery was supposed to get her rest, her mind had been troubled by visions, dreams and nightmares related to her unborn child. She had seen him, standing tall with his raven-black hair, in various strange scenarios. Unlike his family, never once had he stood as a Jedi, but what she did see ranged from a future to be proud of as a Mother, to a future to be worried about. After several nights of them, she couldn't tell actual visions from nightmares anymore, and finally, she had reached her limit.

Late at night, days after it had started, Valery sat alone atop a stool by the kitchen counter, sniffing away some tears while her hands rested over her stomach. Her pregnancy was visibly showing at this point, and her ability to do anything beyond simple household tasks was getting limited.

But none of that mattered to her right now.

The visions and dreams were running through her mind on repeat, and she was feeling more exhausted than she had in quite some time. Her only source of comfort, was knowing that her family was safe at home with her. Vera, Aris and the triplets were all sleeping, Colette was off to do her own thing for a few days, and she had managed to sneak out from her husband's embrace without waking him up.

Hopefully, she'd be able to talk to him soon.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

When Kahlil arrived in the kitchen, he'd see her sitting on the stool. Most of the cabinets were open, and even the fridge door was slightly ajar. There were several empty jars on the kitchen counter in front of her as well, and Valery was still sniffing away her tears. At his voice, though, she finally looked up and over her shoulder, her eyes red from crying, and the bags under her eyes suggested she hadn't been sleeping much at all.

Which, he was more than aware of — she could get cranky if she didn't sleep well.

"We're out of jelly..." she sniffed again with trembling lips, and looked at the empty jars. "I thought we had more, but we ran out and now I don't have anything anymore." As with every pregnancy, the food cravings had started, and this time around, she craved jelly. Jars of it, to a point where entire storage cabinets were filled with them.

Vera just thought her Mom had lost her mind, but maybe she'd understand one day.

Once Kahlil stepped behind her, Valery leaned back into his embrace and rested her head against his torso. In all of her sadness over jelly, she didn't really seem to realize what his question was actually about.

"Can you get me some more?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"More jelly? Easily."

Kahlil didn't laugh aloud this time, instead just held her close, smiled ever so faintly. The cravings were wild normally, but at least this time around all it was was jelly. Grant it, he hadn't expected as much as she seemed to keep wanting. They'd just gotten quite a bit only recently. Which meant it was time to get even more.

He shook his head a little, glancing to the empty jar and the even emptier cabinet.

"Do you want me to go now?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery probably would have killed him if he laughed. A hungry Valery was a dangerous one, and now she was sleep-deprived as well. But with his support, and arms wrapping around her, she just sniffed a few more times and hugged him close. She took his hands, and rested them over her stomach - a little thing that gave her some comfort and made her feel the baby was protected.

Dad would always help protect the little ones, after all, and right now she felt it was needed more than she had in a long time.

"Yes... I mean, no but-" she sighed and held onto hid arms a little tighter. "Not right now. I want you here with me," she said, even though her eyes still looked at those empty jars of sweet goodness.

"I had those nightmares again. Or maybe they were visions... I don't even know anymore. Vera said she didn't see anything, and she usually always does, so maybe they're just dreams? Or maybe she's just not saying anything so I don't get even more upset..." She sniffed and let out a few shaky breaths.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He hadn't moved, and he wasn't going to move. Simply because he knew that she wanted him to be there. There was something else bothering her, and he knew it, so he just waited for her to speak up about it. It wasn't long, thankfully. Visions. He frowned just a little before tightening his grip around her waist protectively. He didn't like the idea that she was so worried and that he couldn't really help.

Visions would always come. Just like they did with Vera.

"Well, what are the visions? Tell me about them. What you see, what you feel. It might be good to just talk about it."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"I see our son," Valery began, her voice a little shaky but it was recovering as his grip tightened. It offered a feeling of safety and comfort, and she didn't want to let go. "He's so... different from the others. Handsome and strong, but..." she frowned and pulled his arm close against her chest while she looked up into his eyes. The tears had stopped, and she had managed to compose herself enough to speak.

But it was easy enough to tell that she had been crying, and that she was extremely exhausted.

"Sometimes, I see him standing tall and strong. Raven-black hair, built like a warrior and he feels warm. Not a Jedi, but protective in his own way." She paused for a moment and drew in a deeper breath. "Sometimes... he felt dark and dangerous. His face, hair, eyes, and especially his presence made him look and feel more like your father than one of us."

She felt her lower lip trembling and bit down on it.

"I'm scared about his future, but what if they were just nightmares? Even Vera tells us that nothing is set in stone. I just... it's so hard to watch. I can't sleep like this."

Kahlil_Div2.png

A future, by the way it sounded. And one that was certainly worrying. The idea he could look like Carnifex was alarming to say the least. Not impossible, they were related by blood. But after so long fighting against him, a vision of their son acting and looking like him would certainly be upsetting. "I'm sorry, love."

He couldn't imagine what it must feel like. Vera long suffered her own visions, which was it's own problem.

"Maybe I could join your dreams? I might be able to help."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"Join them?" Valery blinked and looked up at him again. She hadn't thought about that option yet, and it was definitely possible with their bond. But bringing her husband into a nightmare with her? That idea was a little frightening, if only because she always wanted to protect her loved ones against these awful things.

But she also understood that she sometimes needed to accept help, amd nobody knew her better than he did.

"We could try that, if you're really sure." She sniffled and reached up to finally wipe away her tears, "I also saw one person appearing in several of these dreams or visions. A woman in a cloak, who would whisper words I couldn't understand."

"What I saw of our son changed with whatever she said."

Kahlil_Div2.png

There was no chance he wasn't. Helping Valery was by far the most important thing to him, and even if she spoke up against the idea, he was going to help regardless. Though, knowing that a woman had been the one messing with her, with the vision, had him narrow his eyes. He'd have to handle that, he imagined.

Eventually.

"When you're ready. We can get you jelly first, though."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery noticed the little narrowing of his eyes, but decided not to ask. She could tell he was already being quite protective, as he usually was with his family. But now that she was pregnant and a bit more vulnerable, he really made sure that she felt safe. A deep sigh followed after a moment, and finally, she was able to relax some into his arms.

She wasn't crying anymore, though still quite tired, and-

"When you're ready. We can get you jelly first, though."

"Really?" She smiled and looked outside — it was dark outside, but the store was always open. "I'd... have to get changed though." she looked at the night gown she was wearing, then held up her messy bed hair. "Or just a long coat." For the first time, she chuckled a little and pulled him into a tighter hug again.

"Let's get jelly and then deal with the visions. We have to figure them out somehow."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery stood up from her seat, and waited for him to return with her coat. She held up her arms, and with just a little bit of help, nobody would see what she was wearing underneath, and she was kept nice and warm. Her hair did look a bit messy still, but that also had its charm.

Especially to him, she imagined.

"I'd like to walk if that's okay? It's only a few minutes and I feel better when I move around a little." She reached for his hand, interlaced fingers, and started walking towards the door. This... was a strange thing — the kids were all asleep, and they were 'sneaking' out of the house to buy her jelly.

It was strangely exciting because of how silly it was.

"You know, I don't know which ones were dreams and which ones were visions, but they did all share something in common. That our son isn't going to be a Jedi." He'd be the first of all the Force-sensitive Nobles. "I think it's going to be important that we support his decision."

"I just... don't want any of our kids to fall."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Walking would be good, for the both of them. He took her hand, squeezed as they walked as he listened. It wouldn't be a bad thing that their son wasn't a Jedi, but.. He did agree. "I don't either. But if these visions aren't consistent, then they're not a guarantee of anything. If anything, we need to face the dreams so you can sleep again."

That was the most important thing. There were all kinds of fears for parents to have, but stressing about them would only make them paranoid. He didn't want that, for either of them. He squeezed her hand again, smiled a little.

"We'll always be there for our kids, anyway."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery nodded while she listened, and felt somewhat reassured by him already — the visions and dreams weren't consistent, so his future couldn't possibly be set in stone, right? Just like Vera had always told them. "You're right," Valery said with a soft smile. "It's just really difficult to see something like that, but... yeah," she sighed and leaned into him a little further. They were going to figure things out for their son, and they'd always be there to help him.

Right now? She needed to go back to a normal sleep schedule, so she'd be healthy, in shape and feeling good by the time the baby would be born. Child birth was hard enough already, so she couldn't also be completely exhausted.

She felt him squeezing her hand a little tighter, and looked up again.

"I love you, honey. So much," Valery said after a moment, and with slightly teary eyes. "Thank you for helping me with this." She knew it was silly to say because he'd always support her, but she was a pregnant woman high on hormones, and couldn't not be emotional over his love and care.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I love you too, Valery."

This wasn't their first rodeo. He understood rather well just how emotional she was going to be. And he wouldn't miss it for the world. He smiled warm, squeezed her hand again before leading the way into the store. There, he'd immediately get a cart and lead the way to the jelly isle. To get all the jelly. It wasn't an exaggeration, he was cleaning the shelf of her favorite.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"I love you too, Valery."

The most important words in the whole Galaxy to her, and just like any other time he said it, she couldn't stop herself from smiling her biggest, most beautiful smile. As tough as it was to be sleep-deprived at this stage of her pregnancy, she knew she could always rely on her family to lift her up, and he was the most important part of it. He understood her like nobody else did, and she loved him for it.

He even knew the way to the jelly aisle.

At the front of the store, there was a cashier — an Epicanthix teenager with bags under her eyes. She was working a late night shift to make some extra credits, and only perked up when she noticed the two Nobles. It was uncommon for people to really be at the store at night, and they usually didn't look like they had only just stepped out of bed.

They also didn't raid the entire supply of jelly on their own.

"Babe, I think she's looking at us..." Valery said, feeling a little self-conscious over just how much jelly jars they had in their cart. But as she looked down at it, she could feel her mouth watering, and the stomach growl that followed was loud enough for half the store to hear it, if it were filled with people.

"This is so embarrassing," she squeaked, though with a little amused smirk.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Kids wouldn't understand, so don't think about it, yeah?"

Kahlil smirked, glancing down to his wife before glancing towards where the girl tending the register stood. She wouldn't understand, that much was certainly true. Then he glanced to Valery, laughed just a bit. She was embarrassed? That wasn't a common thing to see, but then again, she was pregnant. Maybe that was their child's influence.

"I'm sure we'll be fine. It's not like everyone on Niv Hani knows who we are."

Yes, he was teasing her again.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

First, Valery smiled at what he said, and just nodded along a little. He was right — the only people who would ever understand were other pregnant women, and perhaps their husbands. Though, not to the same extent as Kahlil. He could feel her mood swings through their bond, and it's why he was able to help her out so well. He knew when to step in, and when to just give her some space. When to talk, and when to go buy jelly.

Then... he teased her again.

"First you say not to think about it, and then you tease meeee," Valery pushed her lower lip forward into a pout, and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

So mean, hmpf.

"I'm going to tell the cashier that you're the jelly addict."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Feel free, I'm not bothered by liking jelly you know."

He smirked rather playfully this time as he brought the cart to the front to start loading up some bags to pay for it all. He didn't care one way or another personally. All that mattered was his wife got everything she needed and wanted, especially while she was so pregnant.

"This is all we're gonna get. We'll pay with card."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom