Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech 'Praetor' Discrete Energized Bodyglove

Status
Not open for further replies.

page-divider.png

YeVDC7p1NTbrwmMbYgCGs_Isl8UTnUILkuy-l1kfzAOr0WKI3XzKv4iS2pkCjEGKC5XRPI2MU1YUUfSNEVEhfzs487OVzQOk1KEoglT8GSvZgvYSFwGYEvl9LkeAsa756A1r5ZKX
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a specialized, concealable bodyglove for Samuel's usage to provide additional protection and insurance under his suit, bringing a majority of the comforts from his armor to it.
  • Image Source: Here and Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Freebirds Industries (x)
  • Primary Sources: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose Work Attire
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy - Low
    • Lightsabers - None
    • Kinetic - Low
    • Other:
      • EMP/Ion - High
      • Acid - Average
      • Radiation - High
      • Electricity - Average
      • Temperature Extremes - High
      • Sonic - High
      • Vacuum - High
      • Biological - High
      • The Force - Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Amplification: The suit increases the user's agility, dexterity and strength by several times over, making them considerably stronger, faster and more agile than a normal person to be more on-par with the multitude of skilled force users in the galaxy. In a handful of cases, it would lead one to assume a user had cybernetic enhancements or force abilities. In addition, it has limited bacta and stimulant injectors ready on-command in case emergency care is needed.
  • Versatile: Even though it's not designed as armor, the suit can protect against a good chunk of threats faced on the modern battlefield. It can comfortably disperses most kinetic energy through the use of Thermal Gel and the Mesh-like armorweave. Even able to take Energy Bolts in a pinch if it comes down to it, though not many.
  • Discrete: The suit is lightweight, and can be comfortably concealed under most normal clothing without arousing attention. With thermo-guard technology, the potential heat difference it generates is not noticeable in associated detectors. Furthermore, visible parts do not seem out of the ordinary by ensuring it is designed as similarly to normal clothing as possible.
  • Regulated Temperature: The suit regulates internal temperature to ensure that no matter the outside environment, the wearer is comfortable. Handy when you are used to spending most of your days on one of the hottest planets in the galaxy.
  • Force-Dead: Thanks to the usage of Synthetic Yorik Coral, the suit is practically Force-Dead. As he is not force-sensitive, this does not affect Samuel in the slightest, and Force Users cannot directly affect him with abilities.
WEAKNESSES
  • Master of None: While it has a wider amount of protections, it does not particularly excel in any one field (asides from the Force), and while it can function alone, it works best when supplemented with more meaningful protection.
  • Lightsabers: Asides from the helmet, this suit on its own can't do much to resist the cutting power of a lightsaber.
  • Primitive Injectors: Created by an individual with limited medical knowledge, the injectors leave much to be desired. It’s controlled solely by the user, and thus it could be entirely possible to overdose on accident if you aren’t keeping track of your limits.
  • EMP/Ion: Even with the current reinforcements of Duraplast and a Combat De-ionizer, a powerful enough pulse/blast can severely hamper many of the sensitive electronics in the suit.
  • Jaeger Disruptors: Much to the dismay of the user, the S-30 Retention System has a difficult-to-remove code that allows Jaeger-Brand Disruptors to bypass it. Given the wide-spread nature of the company, it would be wise not to entirely rely upon the S-30 to protect you against all disruptors. The Retention System is meant to be used as a handy bonus, not a fool-proof shield.

DESCRIPTION
In many aspects, Samuel admires Mandalorian engineering. They have proved a valuable asset to his career in ensuring he had ample ground to fight against all manner of deadly foes, from force-users to pirate crews. After a crude few rounds of manufacturing, he made his first bodyglove to go with his armor. While his fanaticism in his version of the Resol’nare has waned, his fondness of the associated technology has not. In combination with a handful of other more refined manufacturing techniques, he produced his second bodygove to bring his paranoid self a majority of the comforts from his armor to his clothes.

Having to forgo his helmet, he integrated it so that the new bodyglove would have the functionality of his armor, or as much of it he could stuff into the glove. Inside and out, he wanted to feel just as protected as he was in the armor - and to an extent, he succeeded. In taking notice of the growing usage of methods other than slugthrowers and energy, the bodyglove has taken a more Jack-of-All-Trades approach. It can comfortably handle a majority of weapons thrown at it, albeit it may be found lacking upon encountering an excess amount of any one type when worn alone.

The suit is built around the S-30 Retention System as a foil, and the Reactive Fiber/Rybcoarse enhancements that need to be directly wrapped around a user’s person to function. Auto-injectors are also attached, albeit they are primitive with what they can do. The enhancements are directly connected to the Neural Link, in a way so that when you move, the suit moves with you to truly make a difference in speed and strength. The outer layer is a micronized Duranium Armorweave he made himself in his workshop, functioning as an energy-dispersing material that most kinetic weapons have a difficult time piercing. With it’s mesh-like design, it attempts to mitigate what kinetic energy it can. Following that is the Thermal Gel Mesh inner layer, which does a much more effective job at eliminating what remains of kinetic energy so that the user does not suffer from potential internal bleeding or ruptured organs. It is paired with Enviroweave as insulation, keeping out a panoply of different problems in addition to the usual suspects. Thermo-guard technology is used to ensure the user escapes most infrared and thermal sensors, aided in this by the aforementioned Enviroweave insulation.

Of course, as a bodyglove, it is designed to be used with additional protection, and can by no means withstand a sustained assault by those dedicated enough without it. However, it does the job Sam needs just fine - give foes a nasty surprise from a previously harmless (Or, what could be considered harmless given the stature) bartender. To accentuate this, he has incorporated gloves of his personal design that he has long since been a fan of - Electric Pulser gloves. Based on the concept of the Lightning Glove, it functions as a discrete way to deal with would-be threats, or as a desperate hand-to-hand option. The entire powerglove is easily concealed under clothing, and has very few ‘tells’ asides from the collar area that would give away its usage - which, of course, can still be dismissed as a decorative necklace band.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Samuel Exel Samuel Exel

I'm glad you use my sub (Enviroweave) to this armour. This is a very well made Dune vibe armour! I found two problems:
  • Your ratings are overpowered (+2), please fix it.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • And you forgot to add the glove's image source. Please fix it.

Samuel Exel Samuel Exel

I'm glad you use my sub (Enviroweave) to this armour. This is a very well made Dune vibe armour! I found two problems:
  • Your ratings are overpowered (+2), please fix it.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • And you forgot to add the glove's image source. Please fix it.
Woops! Forgot to add the Vacuum Value since it's without its head counterpart. Should be fixed I think!

Also, I forgot people can have multiple accounts. Hello, Ingrid! Yes, I was previously unaware of Chaos' materials, and noticed the HPI Consortium in my renewed browsing had a few good ones on and for what I was trying to do with this.

Think this is ready for a judge!
Changes:
  • Changed Name so it isn't overlapping with other submission.
  • Updated Modularity Description.
  • Updated with my Div!
  • Updated with Freebirds Industries™ Materials: FM-001, FM-002, and FM-003.
  • Changed Stats
  • Changed Special Features
    • Added optional Ear & Eye options that the character may be using often
    • Added 'Energy Projected Helmet'
    • Sonic Neutralizer to 'Sound Dampening Overlay', since Sonic Neutralizers do not actually mitigate Sonic weaponry.
    • Added 'Servitor' Class Concealed Vambraces.
    • Changed 'Power Glove + Force Pike Frequency Electric Pulser Tech' to the more fleshed out 'Multipurpose Power Gloves' Submission
  • Changed Strengths & Weaknesses
    • Removed 'Missed a Spot' and 'Situational Seal' Weaknesses.
    • Added 'Lightsabers' Weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom