Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Energy Projected Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENERGY PROJECTED HELMET

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To make an alternate helmet
Image Source: Not Applicable
Canon Link: Flight Helmethttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flight_helmet/Legends | Magnetic Field | Energy Shield
Restricted Missions: As Needed
Primary Source: Not Applicable

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Alderaan Engineering
Model: Mk1
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Yeah
Production: Mass
Material: Shield Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Energy Shield
Weight: 250 Grams
Resistances:
  • Blaster: High
  • Kinetic: Average
  • Lightsaber: Low
  • EMP/Ion: Low
  • Other: High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Discrete Helmet: The Energy Projected Helmet provides the wearer with head protection which is roughly comparable to whatever suit of armor the person is wearing in terms of durability and resistance.
Strengths:
  • Normally Invisible: Normally when active the field is invisible, protecting the head.
  • Air-Tight: The Energy Projected Helmet is vacuum sealed, able to keep out water, chemicals, particles, the elements, even atmosphere if need be.
  • Energy Field: As a type of personal shield, the Energy Projected Helmet is particularly good at deflecting Blaster and other energy weaponry.
Weaknesses:
  • Flash: When struck the shield has a noticeable flash, which can be mildly disorienting.
  • No HUD: The Energy Projected Helmet features no normally standard helmet features such as varying sensors, scanners, HUD, targeters, etc. The only thing it features is a breath mask at the collar.
  • Ion/EMP: Unlike a regular helmet, the Energy Projected Helmet is susceptible to Ion and EMP weaponry, which could render it inactive for a short time or disabled completely.
DESCRIPTION
Alderaan Engineering’s ‘Energy Projected Helmet’ is a revolutionary design meant to counter the use of chemical weapons and the increased desire to go without a helmet in combat.

Unlike traditional energy shields, the Energy Projected Helmet is nearly skin tight, able to conform to the face and head of the person wearing it, and is able to operate for extended periods of constant use. Where it really differs however is that it is tied directly to the armor or suit a person is wearing for their personal protection.

Worn on the neck, like a necklace or gorget, the projector features a respirator and plug ins for air supplies. Because of this, it is incompatible with other protective headgears. When worn with open faced helmets, the field only covers the face and forms an air-tight seal.

• No HUD: The Energy Projected Helmet features no normally standard helmet features such as varying sensors, scanners, HUD, targeters, etc. The only thing it features is a breath mask at the collar.
Worn on the neck, like a necklace or gorget, the projector features a respirator and plug ins for air supplies.
[member="Rusty"]

These mentions were already included.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Alright, so this is a really neat concept. The issue is, as it stands, the potential for abuse is high. That's the trouble with coming up with a really cool piece of tech. As the creators, it's our responsibility to make sure that the customers can't do anything with it that might get us in trouble, and as a Judge, it's my responsibility to help with that. Trust me, there are few worse feelings than seeing someone take something you worked hard on and using it to drag your name through the mud.

As I see it, we've got two ways forward.

The first option is to leave the helmet as is, for the most part, but drop production to limited and make it a closed market, and put in a caveat that it must be paired with a particular set of armor. No swapping it around willy nilly. If someone wants to purchase one they may do so, but you get final say on who buys it. From a practical standpoint, that means you retain control over the tech, so you can head off any potential problems.

The second option is to leave it at mass production and open market, but provide set resistances. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking:
Blaster-High
Kinetic- Average
Lightsaber- Low
EMP- Low

That still makes it a desirable piece of tech, but it greatly reduces the chances of someone abusing it, and you don't have to approve every purchase.

Anyway, up to you which path you want to take. If you've a third option, I'm willing to hear you out.

[member="Laira Vereen"]

Well, setting it to a particular Armor kinda defeats the original idea of having a one sub fits all.

I can see the issues that could arise. I had hoped not to have to set resistances on this, but it seems like a fair compromise.

I went with Option 2 with my edits, including the resistance for Other and High as it keeps out small particles, sonic, and the elements as part of its purpose.

[member="Rusty"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom