Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied Phase I TIE Whisper Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
gVt2KlJ.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation: Agents of Chaos, Closed-Market
  • Model:
    • TIE/wi SC.01a (Minor, Single-Seat Variant)
    • TIE/wi SC.01b (Minor, Two-Seat Variant)
    • TIE/wi SC.02a (Semi-Unique, Single-Seat Variant)
    • TIE/wi SC.02b (Semi-Unique, Two-Seat Variant)
  • Production: Minor (Fleeting/NPC Pilot Variants) │ Semi-Unique (PC Pilot Variants)
  • Material: Durasteel, Titanum, Transparisteel Canopy, Agrinium, Quadanium Steel Solar Collection Arrays, Internal Circuitry and Electronics
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES (Minor and Semi-Unique)
ADVANCED SYSTEMS (Semi-Unique)
STRENGTHS
  • Versatility: A veritable jack of all trades, the Phase I TIE Whisper is a general-purpose, arguably multirole starfighter that is capable of fulfilling a number of roles in a fleet. While the design prioritizes pilot safety, it does not do so at the expense of performance, mobility, or defense, due to the integration of a number of modern power generation systems and miniaturized technology developed over the 800 years since the original variant of the TIE Whisper was conceived by the original First Order.
  • Field Disruption: The Whisper's field disruption system allows the craft to slip under a large warship's shielding so that it may fire directly on the hull. While this feature is limited in practical application to large vessels with non-conformal shielding, it is nonetheless a powerful technique that a skilled pilot could take advantage of to potentially lethal effect.
WEAKNESSES
  • SLAM Overdrive: Although the SLAM Overdrive system affords the TIE Whisper a significant boost in speed, while active, the pilot is unable to utilize any weapon and electronic warfare warfare systems. Extended use of the system will also drain power faster than it can be replenished.
  • Large Port and Starboard Profile: Like most TIE variants, the TIE Whisper presents a large port and starboard profile due to its distinct solar collection arrays, allowing pursuing pilots to quickly acquire guns-based firing solutions when approaching the craft from an angle.
DESCRIPTION
The Phase I TIE Whisper Starfighter is a modern overhaul of the venerable TIE Whisper Starfighter which was conceived over 800 years ago by the original First Order. Unlike its predecessor, the TIE Whisper only requires a single organic pilot. However, there is also a volume-produced two-seat variant which is typically utilized for training purposes, but also in a limited capacity for combat operations. In the primary, volume-produced single-seat variant, rear gunnery, sensor oversight, electronic warfare, life support management, and other secondary systems are managed by a number of data-brain modules which allow the pilot to focus on the demanding task of flying the craft. In addition, the Phase I retains the famous mobility of its ancestor. To that effect, it is fully capable of executing lightspeed skips and micro jumps in quick succession, which a skilled pilot could take advantage of to lethal effect in the modern battlespace. The craft also features an efficient power conversion and coupling system, which allows the pilot to shift power from one or multiple systems to another, based on the needs of the engagement.

First United Astral Engineering also produced a very small number of TIE Whispers with enhanced technical specifications, which are utilized by select pilots in the Armada. These variants boast significantly improved speed and maneuverability over the standard model, in addition to more powerful acceleration compensators which allow the pilot to more safely manage the craft’s augmented performance. Of these enhanced models, there is an even smaller number of two-seat variants.

SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORD
September 11, 2020:

• Changed Manufacturer from “Agents of Chaos” to “First United Astral Engineering”.
  • Removed “Chaff” from under Defenses Resistance Category. Replaced with Nagnol Gas Dispenser.
  • Stylistic Changes in “Standard Features” and “Special Features” sections.
  • Added "(Minor and Semi-Unique)" in title of "Standard Features" section to clarify that those featurers are available on the Semi-Unique and Minor production variants of the fighter.
  • Added “Saotome Regulator”, under Power and Propulsion Systems within the Special Features section.
  • Added “Saotome Hydro” under Utility Shield Systems.
  • Added “Saotome Scrubber and Saotome Filter” under Life Support and Pilot Safety Systems subsection.
  • Added “Saotome Shadow Array” under Communication Systems subsection. Removed “Encryption Module” from the same subsection.
  • Merged “Subspace Transceiver / HoloNet Transceiver / Hyperwave Transceiver” into a single line.
  • Added “Computer Systems” subsection under the Standard Features section.
  • Replaced “Astrogation Computer w/ Microjump Calculation Module” with “Saotome Nutaki System / Saotome Car’das” under Navigation Systems within the Standard Features section.
  • Added “Combat De-Ionization System” and Cap Drain” and “Landing Claws”, under Misc. Systems within the Standard Features section.
  • Moved Phase I “Spyglass” Sensor and Countermeasure Module to Standard Features section, under “Combat Sensor Systems”.
  • Added "(Semi-Unique)" in title of “Advanced Features” section to clarify that those features are only available on the Semi-Unique variant of the fighter.
  • Added “Anti-Stealth Sensor Systems” within the Advanced Features section.
  • Added “Stealth Systems” within the Advanced Features section.
  • Added Dedicated Energy Receptor Projector, under Advanced Electronic Warfare Systems subsection within Advanced Systems section.
  • Added Shearing Plane, under Defenses.
  • Added Gemcutter, under Anti-Stealth Sensor Systems.
September 27, 2020:
  • Expanded Permissions section.
  • Added "Damage Report/Control System" under Life Support and Pilot Safety Systems subsection.
  • Added "External Speaker System" under Misc. Systems subsection.

Last edited:
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta , I'll be your Factory Judge for this submission. It looks like you've put a lot of work into this, and it looks pretty well thought out. In the future, I'd personally recommend making separate submissions for the fleeting and PC versions because sometimes keeping the different features of the models can get confusing to readers.

Anyways, I got a couple small things to quickly go over before we can get this reapproved.

Manufacturer: Scintillan Warsmiths Ltd.

We typically want companies to hyperlinked to their Chaos company submission or a canon manufacturer. Alternatively, you could list Agents of Chaos (and link to the faction homepage instead) as the manufacturer as factions can produce items on their own as well.

Tell me a little bit about how this technology works on this particular ship model. Is it designed to allow the starfighter to dock with other ships for boarding actions? To allow it to disrupt enemy shielding to let weapons fire to pass through unimpeded by shielding, etc?

I did it this way mainly because I didn't want to write two submissions that would essentially be copy+paste of each other and to save a bit of time. If I do something like this again in the future, I'll try to experiment a bit more with the formatting so as to make things clearer for readers.

That said, I changed the manufacturer to the Agents of Chaos and added a hotlink to the faction page. As for the field disruption system, that is so that the craft itself can get through shields, not weapons fire. However, if the craft itself passes through the shields of an enemy vessel via the field disruption system, it could theoretically fire on the vessel without having to worry about its shields, but would also be much more vulnerable to point defenses and such due to it being within very close proximity to the hull. However, this sort of thing would be very difficult, if not impossible to do on any vessel with conformal shielding or against any type of small craft.

This system would also allow for the fighter to dock with friendly ships without the host vessel having to lower their particle shields, and potentially for boarding actions as well.

I hope that explains it.

Gir Quee Gir Quee

However, if the craft itself passes through the shields of an enemy vessel via the field disruption system, it could theoretically fire on the vessel without having to worry about its shields, but would also be much more vulnerable to point defenses and such due to it being within very close proximity to the hull.

This should probably be listed as a strength in the submission.

I think the effectiveness of the point-defense systems is likely going to be situational based on the design of the capital ship (which may or may not provide the starfighter with 'cover'), the point defense system itself (a point-defense laser cannon/flak cannon might have problems with lack of time to fire or dpression, whereas as a missile or cluster bomber would probably be highly effective in this role), and of course, the flying tactics/skill of the pilot involved.

However, this sort of thing would be very difficult, if not impossible to do on any vessel with conformal shielding or against any type of small craft.

This we agree upon, and I think it's important for everyone in this situation to understand it as well. As long as an opponent is comfortable with how its use is written or believes the situation is fair, I think everyone will get along fine.

Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom