Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peace under a Pale Moon. (Open Board Wide thread)

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
R0eijO9.png
Two Months after the Corellian Campaign.

Alexandra sat with her hands in her lap, resting on the top of her temple and looking towards the area in which shuttles would bring those who wished to be here for this night of peace to the temple. The temple was in the middle of Alderaan's woods, and travel by foot would be impractical, while travel by air would leave those with no place to leave their transport, so Alexandra had set up the shuttles in order to make such arrivals less troublesome. It also allowed for there to be a limited number arriving at any given time, and for those intending to bring soldiers to this event to be forced into leaving them behind.

Alexandra would have no violence in this night of peace, this prelude to life day and this chance for a singular peaceful night in the galaxy. How many would arrive was to be seen, and who came was another factor, but the Jedi Grandmaster, whos order resided in the republic, had made certain such open invitation made it to each nation. Those who sent people, would be welcome, those who choose to remain in their own nations, for fear of conflict or to avoid breaking the truce of the night would not be scorned.

Those who were not of a nation, were welcome too, though in this night of peace and truce, bounties would be off limits, combat would be kept to a specific area in which Alexandra had cleared out some distance away, and there would be no killing in her forest.

Not while she remained alive, and not while her tree remained standing.

That tree now shinned like a great light, the vein like structure within the leaves, and the valleys between sections of bark illuminating and casting light throughout the internal garden of her temple. The soft blue glow of the Eternal Mourners creating a dark sea like effect as the wind ran over the complex. The tree itself provided another spectacular sight for those who were blind to the physical world, but connected to the force, a strong bond linking Alexandra to the tree as this was her place of sanctuary.

Here she would have the right to ensure that tonight was peaceful, it was the only place she could ensure such.

Angered words, and volatile emotions would be soothed as a silent song reached out and settled the spirits of those here. It was a tranquil feeling, an inviting one and unlike most Nexus' it would not harm those who opposed such thoughts. Instead it whispered to them to abandon their lust for combat and for death, or abandon those feelings of hate as long as they remained in it's embrace.

It was Alexandra's prized jewel, the creation she had fostered and protected for more nearly two decades now and had only strengthened in that time.

That was why she remained confident in tonight, that those who arrived would put aside their hate and malice, put aside the wars and conflicts that they had been preparing. She did not expect them to end their scheming, to use this as a chance to study their foes, should those foes come to this night of peace as well, or even to study the temple around them and take from it some bit of knowledge.

Alex did not restrict them though, the only places off limits were the quarters of the temple's residents and the subterranean portion of the temple, which had been sealed off for years and only capable of reaching with a power like fold space. The temple was otherwise open to those who came, be it the internal garden of light, holding flora of from many different planets and some created by Alexandra herself. Or they may find the library of the order, filled with datadrives and even written books, lining the walls and monitors that would allow them to read and learn if they wished.

Or they would go to the nearby river and waterfall, letting it be the place they choose to remain in and celebrate the night, the pale moon illuminating the water and creating a mirror that captures the painting which filled the night sky.

She would enjoy any portion of her temple or the forest around it being used, and she wondered, who would take up her offer to find a moment of peace in this chaotic galaxy.

OOC: This is a Non-Combat thread, and It will remain such. But, I do realize what bringing numerous peoples together in one spot, many of which possible enemies. If y'all are insistent on fighting, you will be moved to the mentioned area where you can settle grievances. It is a Ysalmiri lined dome, with a dirt pit, and you will be given a separate thread for you and the one that you are fighting. Otherwise, keep combat out of this thread please.

Lastly, this is an open thread to every faction, and character on the board. Be you the Sith Emperor Darth Carnifex, or a lowly Padawan in the Silver Jedi, or the famed Bounty Hunter Koda Fett. Keep that in mind when you join. With that all said, enjoy the thread and have some fun. I look forward to seeing all kinds of people in this thread.

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Harley had been absent from the Corellian campaign and how the NR had taken control of the planet, though still needing to read through most of the reports but over all got the gist of things. For now it seemed that the military and main political head could have a small rest for now, build up modernize and focus on their own world for the time being, after all it was getting to that time of year. A time when people celebrated life and stop killing each other for once in a while, nice if not a little bad for military business, it was a good thing HCLI had also made a good range of civilian products.

Still, this day would be less about business and more just a social event, to meet with other and hopefully not bash their brains in, even if [member="Alexandra Feanor"], if her invite was to go by, had deliberately set aside a small fighting arena. He'd honestly not be surprised if a few people started a small gambling operations, no doubt this day would bring quite a few strong fighters together and not everyone would find such an event exciting.

Taking his time Harley had to cock an eye brow as the still empty temple that had been designated for the party, the Jedi Grand master standing at the top of the forest hidden construct like some monk protector, only young and a red head. With a sly smile and equal tone he called out to the women as he started to ascend the stairs. "Perhaps placing the locatin at an old temple in the forest wasn't the best idea, I think all those in attendance have gotten lost in the nearby woods". He knew he was probably just early, but a small jest was never a bad thing, helped lighten the mood and Alex knew about Harley's sense of humor.

"Well I am here and ready to party, were is the booze, or is Alcohol not on the menu today"?

The path that had brought Jairdain to this point in life had many ups and downs in it, but now things were going well for her. Some things were still a secret, but her alignment and friends were not. Coming when her friend Alexandra mentioned a time and place, Jairdain wasn't entirely sure what this was all about.

This was where they met before her life had gone to hell and she had returned more than once now. Here was a place she could call a safe haven and she looked forward to it. Knowing she could come and go as she wanted, she arrived openly and with no fanfare.

She came dressed in a blue floral two piece skirt and shirt. In the tradition of her people. Her hair and arms were covered in a matching blue scarf, but it did not have any pattern on it. No gold or jewels adorned her today.

Walking up to her friend, she took a seat next to her and remained silent.

The entire way to Alderaan, [member="Kaine Australis"]’ wife talked about the flora she found on her first trip to [member="Alexandra Feanor"]’s forest. So exuberant was the young Mand’alor that she barely took a breath. The flowers! The trees! The shrubs and undergrowth! Even the moss got a highlight from Kaine’s bride.

She chattered all the way down on the shuttle, pointing out the canopy through transparisteel.

“... and the tree glows and there’s this plant that climbs up the other trees and it shimmers and it’s nectar is sweet like ujj cake and...” on she went.

Dressed in her Beskar’gam, Yasha hopped out of the shuttle, a set of protective lenses filtering the light without her having to wear her helm. Another thing Yasha went without was the voidstone necklace she wore in perpetuity.

She didn’t need it where Alex was around. Hand on her growing belly (and a thank you to Ginnie for putting in the first of the pregnancy plait to accommodate her stomach), Yasha trotted beside her husband, pointing merrily at tree after plant after plant.

“Isn’t it amazing, Kain’ik?!” A warm grin spread across her face, unaware that she could feel the Light around them. She bent her neck down to give Kaine a Keldabe Kiss, and continued on.

“We have to find Alex! Come on, Kain’ik! Come on! It’s a party!”

Alexandra Feanor

Harley was the first of those that she would have the pleasure of meeting at her home and she rose a brow from where she rested when he shouted up to her. She was in no way hidden, but in no way some silent protector. That was why she smiled when the man started to ascend the exterior stairs that ran up to the roof of one of the buildings within the temple complex. She wondered if this man was going to bring up some rather distasteful conversation but as usual the man made her smile with how simple his words were. It was hard pressed to find the man very serious very often, perhaps only seeing so during senate meetings when she snuck in and hid her appearance from those that would question her being there.

"I have faith in my shuttle pilots to get those who are coming here safely, though I do expect a few to be a bit hard headed and stubborn..." She looked at him, seeming to peer into him and checking him over for something, likely weapons as she smiled.

"Though, I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to come here looking for a fight or to start something, right?" She smiled at Harley, knowing the Echani Tendency to settle things with their hands. Aside from the Echani, there would also be Mandalorians who might find any sith visitors to be... prime targets. Not to mention hot feelings between sith and jedi.

Alexandra almost regretted it being open invitation, but she would not rescind that. Someone had to show that attempts for peace could be made, even if it was a single night of peace. Even if she did not draw leaders of the nations here, she could atleast make do with those inside the ranks.

"As for the booze, that would be downstairs in the main hall. I hope you are joking in assuming I of all people would be without a good drink laying around?" She turned her eyes on him, seeing [member="Jairdain"] arriving and silently taking a seat. Something felt off and she wondered what was different about the woman. Some thoughts mixed with Alexandra reaching out and studying Jairdain for a few moments longer as the tail she now had moved a bit restlessly.

"Senator, if you would excuse me, I would wish a moment to speak with my other guest." She waited for his words, and hopefully his dismissal from the conversation. She enjoyed the senator's presence, but this was not where he belonged. She was here to oversee things, not be the centerpiece.

The liberation of Corellia and the relief effort that followed had left Alex feeling physically and mentally weary. It had been long years since he had personally witnessed the level of human suffering such as he saw on Corellia in the wake of the Republic's campaign to free the world from the grasp of Sith tyranny. When Alexandra Feonor had extended an invitation to come to Alderaan and find a moment of peace in an otherwise chaotic galaxy, even if only for a night, Alex jumped at the opportunity.

Exiting the shuttle which had transported him to the Temple, Alex overheard one of the previous arrivals inquire about the availability of alcohol and noticed two others who appeared to be Mandalorians. Alex was certain he didn't know who the person inquiring about booze was, but there was a feeling of familiarity about the Mandalorians. Alex searched his memory for a moment. Kaine Australis and Yasha Cadera. Alex had yet to meet them but he had personally witnessed a good chunk of their actions during the mission to capture the space port, and had learned their names during the operation to reconstruct Corellia.

Alex had left his Republic Knight armor behind in favor of the gray hooded trench coat he habitually wore prior to becoming employed to the Republic. His lightsabers hung at his hips out of habit, but he had no intentions of violating Master Feanor's strict warnings against engaging in combat. For the first time in months, Alex was also not wearing some sort of a helmet. It felt good to look at the world without some HUD in his face or a comlink squealing in his ears. He paused for a moment, his piercing green eyes drinking in the scenery about him.

"The Force is so strong here. I feel like I could float," Alex said to himself as he made his way slowly and reverently up the stairway to the Temple.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]
[member="Harley"] Fenstermacher
[member="Kaine Australis"]
[member="Jairdain"]
[member="Yasha Cadera"]

Heavy steps were heard as Hannah trotted around with slight grace, though much of her attention focused on the scenery around her than Hannah's own feet. Tail swung side to side, nearly swiping the dirt bellow her with swing and Hannah grew even more curious to the growing volume of beings attending this special event. Bright red eyes scanned several people that approached the Temple and Hannah peered closer as she examined many of them, some rather more interesting than others. Regardless of the Force ripples that any project.

The Cog Girl followed two that wore rather heavy armor, something that interested her greatly, after all her cybernetics allowed her some leniency when it came to direct fire. Armor would certainly save her time from replacing much of her outward aesthetics that often get either burned or torn off from fights and battles. As careful as she could managed Hannah walked a tad behind the two Mandalorians, but even so her focus broke away to the rest of the attendees.

Maybe I'll figure out how to dim the brightness of my eyes today. Her thoughts shifted quickly as she recognized that her tail behaved rather too emotional and Hannah's fingers grasped her tail and continued onwards.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Yasha Cadera"] | [member="Kaine Australis"]

It had been a long time since Veino had been to the Core, let alone Alderaan, let alone the tree. Not since the Galactic Republic had fallen and here, even longer, not since the Order of the Grey had been, more or less, disbanded. It's what happened several, if not most, of the council members joined the Sith. More or less. He was still unsure of most of the details. But regardless, now he returned, and this world was beneath the protection of the New Republic.

Hopefully fate would be kinder to it than it had been to the old one.

He could sense Alexandra around her somewhere, but he couldn't tell particiularly yet. Most would arrive on the shuttles that whizzed over ahead through the forest, but Veino didn't need them. He had learned the woods of Alderaan as well as the streets of Yumfla and could trace his way back to the temple. After all, he had a garden here that had been neglected as duties pulled him to the Outer Rim and beyond, back beyond the edges of civilized space, where he was most himself.

This, however, would be different.

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Harley reached the top of the stair as Alex finally addressed him, "can never be to certain, hmmm I think I have an Idea for a new product, but I'll do that later, today is a day of fun". He looked back over the stair, sensing some more people arrive but yet to reach the actual structure. "Hey I may want to fight, after all that is how I talk with some people, as they say action paint a picture that no words can describe, heck if Kaine comes I may deliberately ask for a sparing match". "Despite being a senator and business man I can still hold my own in combat just as easily", helped to be an Echani but also have two parents that were mercenaries...well one, dad had passed away a few years ago and mother wasn't around much anymore.

The mention of booze being down stair made him do a fake sight, "you mean I have to walk all the way down these stairs? aww come one... just kidding it is no problem, should have expected you to bring drink". Before being able to continue the conversation a familiar looking black haired women arrived, Harley looking at [member="Jairdain"] with a slightly confused look, she seemed, different, more moody then the first time they met. He turned back to [member="Alexandra Feanor"], giving a small understanding nod, it was easy to see Jaridain was no herself today, a day when those attending were supposed to be happy and joyful. "Of crouse, I shall be on my way, I hope things go... smoothly".

Turning spinning around he would turn to [member="Anya Malvern"] his new faience, the Echani wrapping his arm around her shoulder, "let us give the two some room for themselves, in the mean time let us check out this bar down stairs". With coy smile Harley would start to lead the duo down the stairs once more, allowing the Jedi masters to sort out business among themselves.

(SELECT DIFFICULTY)

I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE

HURT ME PLENTY!

ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

NIGHTMARE!

ULTRA-NIGHTMARE!

YOU SELECTED: ULTRA-NIGHTMARE!

Arrived in: Blessing of Loste (Dynamic Class Freighter)

Wearing: Hoodlum's Leathers (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/138757-hoodlums-leathers/)

Armed with: Simple playing cards, nervous, winning smile.

Alderaan.

"EH?! 'Dis 'ere ain'tz wutz wee spatz and shookz 'andz onnz!" The young looking woman protested to the Toydarian, floating behind his desk as she finished counting the credits he slid across the table in the musty, cramped office, the orange light of sunset creeping through narrow windows. She slapped the credits back on the desk.

"C'mon, I gavez yooz a gud show! A gud showz fer gud pryce...mosstly...itz...it wuz ann accydenntz...

The Toydarian, still trying not to be angry, went into as calm a manner as he could in his purple clothing, going into his negotiating.

"You gave me ninety percent of a good show. I paid for ten of your best stage acts. You got through nine and half of them before whatever drugs you're hopped up on caused your robot arm to have a fit a toss the rabbit right at my son's face! You knocked him out cold! And the impact killed the rabbit in the process!"

"Dat wuz an accydenntz..." Laertia said quietly, her voice high pitched but soft at the same time somehow, looking very small and fragile despite wearing a jacket lined with studs and spikes, the scars of shrapnel still crisscrossing her face, a scar near grey eyes, one of which was artificial. She stared down at the floor, ashamed at having killed the rabbit. She'd raised it since it was young. It had trusted her. She should have grabbed Phrik The Rabbit with her real arm. But she'd forgotten for a moment, under the stress of doing her stage act for a crowd of children invited to a birthday party, not wanting to screw up. But she had. And now Phrik was dead. Not being paid enough was just the extra knife to the gut.

It had been going well. It had been going so well. She was still trying not to think about how she'd accidentally killed her favorite rabbit, placing cold priority on keeping the lights running. She shook her head as she felt the beginnings of a migraine start up.

"I gotz brayn injurieez..." Laertia said quietly. "Da..da shakez. Dhey happennz a lotz dhese dayz. Can't helpz 'em. Can't yooz at leest gyvz me an extraa twentee-credz?"

"It's enough I decided not to prosecute. As a matter of fact..." the Toydarian said pulling back the credits.

"I think that alone should be your payment..." the Toydarian spoke smugly. "Get outta here..."

He reached down next to his desk hefting up her dead bloody rabbit Phrik, back angled oddly from where the poor creature had impacted against the Toydarian boy's face. Laertia's heart went into her throat as the animal corpse was savagely flung into her chest.

"And take your dead rabbit with you before I call the cops!" the Toydarian shouted.

Laertia's stress and damaged brain caused a lapse in judgement. The corpse of Phrik dropped as Laertia's right arm...the organic one...smashed violently through the table in one blow, splitting it in half. She gritted her teeth, and the Toydarian paled before reason came back into her eyes.

"I...I'm sorreez...I'll...I'll goz nowz..." she said quietly, picking up Phrik as she left the Toydarian stayed backed up against the wall half thinking about calling the authorities but decided against it. The death fire in the woman's eyes made him realize it was better to let an injured dog lick its wounds rather than provoke it further.

Besides...she was more angry at herself than she was at him...

Later on...

Laertia walked the streets unevenly, stumbling due to how off balance the migraine had her, carrying Phrik in her arms, tears in her eyes, but not from the migraine. Others gave her a wide birth as she cradled the tiny mass of broken bones hidden by bloody white fur. She should have grabbed him by her real arm. The cybernetic ones was too dangerous, too prone to feedback spasms from her injured brain, still partly reliving the trauma everyday since the gunship assault that had flung shrapnel into her face and tore away her original left arm and eye had changed her.

Into this. A woman fighting back tears as she carried a dead animal across the streets in the snow, fighting the mother of all headaches. Phrik had been her buddy. Her therapy animal. What had he thought, when her cyber arm violently came to life and flung him against her will into the boy's face. Did he hate her in his final moments before a moment of pain tore him away from her lap forever?

He had to have known it was an accident...right?

He had to have known she loved him in how she hugged and kissed him, and petted his soft fur when Moya wasn't around, and gave him treats and let him run around the ship. He had to have known she loved him. He had to have known she loved him.

He had to. He had to know she loved him. That she always loved him. That it had been an accident. A horrible, gut twisting accident.

Getting cold this time of year. She wanted to bury him in the woods. Somewhere peaceful, where his spirit could run free.

And then...she'd get drunk. Heavy drunk. No...that would just hurt her brain. It had been hurt enough.

People gave the thuggish looking woman of average build a wide berth as she clutched the rabbit corpse, feeling it bleed through her fingers. Her headache distracted her, for its pain was that level of distracting: nearly overpowering torment. She felt sluggish as she always did when the headaches came, and she didn't see the elderly woman and crashed into her, causing her to drop Phrik into the light snow covering the pavement.

Laertia tumbled to the ground laying there for a moment out of grief, though she clutched her head from the pain as the elderly woman got up yelling at her to watch where she was going before angrily walking off. Laertia pulled herself up, the migraine unceasing, vision slightly blurry and red at the edges of it.

She looked for Phrik, she saw him floating downward on a bed of water close to the sidewalk. Heading to a drain.

She wasn't fast enough. She tried. She sprinted harder than she ever had in her life. She couldn't use the Force with this headache.

She wasn't fast enough. She dived, natural arm outstretched for Phrik as she hit the freezing water close to the sidewalk.

His fur brushed her fingers, but no more. It slipped into the drain on the sidewalk. She scrambled to the drain, natural arm shoving itself in, trying to feel for Phrik but knowing he had been washed away.

She stayed there for thirty seconds, her arm in the drain. She couldn't bear to give up on him until she saw she was getting strange looks from other civilians. She pulled her arm out of the drain, looking for a quick exit.

She always stuck out like a sore thumb because of the Jacket. She picked herself up, the water didn't soak into her clothes, so fortunate there.

Laertia walked the streets of Alderaan, aimlessly, in mourning for a pet she now couldn't even bury. She thought of calling Moya, but as she walked the streets under high class towers that somehow reminded her of those Hutt-owned towers on Nar Shaddaa the more she was underneath them.

Distraught, she almost didn't spot the shuttle in the open area of grass. Apparantly people were having a get together.

Washing her bloody hands off in the water running on the sidewalk, Laertia checked herself in the reflection of the speeder before approaching the attendant next to the shuttle, a cathar man in white and brown armor.

She couldn't bear to go back to her ship just yet, where all the memories of Phrik the Rabbit were.

Her eyes were at the ground as she approached, rubbing her cybernetic arm.

"Dhis shuttulz lookz deckeddz outz fer a partee or sumthinz'." Laertia said quietly. "Wutz duh occashin'?"

"War for Corellia is over. That's cause enough." The man answered. "Everyone is welcome tonight at the Jedi Temple."

The answer stilled her. Caught her off guard. She took a few steps back, phantom pains in her cyber eye threatening to flare up.

"Everyone is welcome a night of peace, Miss--?"

"Unimmporrtanntz..." Laertia answered soberly as she boarded the shuttle, eyes still staring at the ground, remembering Phrik.

Later on...

It'd been a long time since she'd been near a Jedi Temple.

Laertia normally didn't go to Alderaan. It was Uri's planet, but she'd been having trouble getting work elsewhere. After today, it'd likely be harder to get work. But having Phrik tossed at her like that had made her snap.

And now...now she was drained...emotionally and physically. She didn't even know why she had come. Not like she owed 'em anything. She still stared at her medical discharge papers every night before she slept.

Laertia felt thirsty. Though her hands were washed, she still kept feeling Phrik's blood and bones and fur between them. As soon as the shuttle touched down, Laertia wanted to be sick, not just because every second reminded her she had accidentally killed her rabbit and ruined her show, but because she knew she and the Jedi Order hadn't mixed in years.

It was a nexus, as expected. Something whispered to her spirit, trying to soothe her spirit. She rejected it. She had killed her rabbit. She had killed her rabbit and then lost his body to Alderaan's sewers.

Uri's home, like everything associated with Uri, took someone important from her. She would never come back her without a good reason, something beyond money.

It was a beautiful place. Laertia could not appreciate it, for all was wrong in her world. She remembered her first time in a temple. It had been so peaceful...she'd first picked up a lightsaber in a temple though. Maybe that was where it had all started. When she had made them afraid of her, and how frighteningly fast she had learned the basics. Ursula, of course, took this as encouragement. Laertia still held out hope she'd write to her someday.

The woman straightened out her odd moe-cut and headed to where the temple was, unable to appreciate how beautiful the settings were. She just needed to be distracted by the only thing that she had ever achieved any true prestige in, heading on in deeper, noticing other people, but more preoccupied with the temple architecture and trying to ignore the peaceful tempting of the nexus.

"So wat's ta' do innz a joinnt like dhis?" Laertia wondered under her breath as she walked in, noting faces, none of them she knew. The Marksmen had been busy bodies, never staying too long at temples except to recruit. Laertia had few connections left among standard Jedi. She hadn't talked to any since being discharged. She didn't have the same regard for a temple other Jedi did.

Phrik's broken body as it washed into the street drain made her stomach twist. She winced as the migraine started again. It always started again and she would end up making a fool of herself or worse. She should find a comm station, ping Moya to come and get her but she wasn't ready to go to her ship yet and face all the pictures of Phrik and her in her quarters.

She decided to tough it out here and venture further in, spotting all sorts inside...

Last edited:
[member="Jairdain"] would not be left to her own designs though and before Alexandra would even turn to look at the woman, another person would be there. Solan had more or less come out of no where and soon found himself sitting next to the woman who he had spent some time with on Myrkr and over the last few months. He had yet to sit down with her and teach how to read or any of that but he would one of these days, as soon as things were less hectic. His hand placed on her shoulder, alerting her to his appearance if she had not noticed it alread and with a smile he sat next to her out on that rooftop, looking up at the sky and letting a drawn out sigh leave him.

Solan would then speak, his voice soft as he gave a quick look towards the old companion that was the Grandmaster, letting her know that he would handle entertaining this one, and then turned to face Jair with a smile still touching his lips. The woman would definitely know he was there by now and probably be facing him, so he reached up and pushed her hair back before he would speak, letting him see her face without hindrance.

"Hello there, I did not expect to see you here tonight, though I can't begin to be disappointed. I get to see you rather than stand around and provide security for the temple." Solan grinned and leaned against the woman that he had become more than close to. She was someone that he truly enjoyed the company of, and he would not trade the moment he now got for anything, his thoughts focusing further on her now.

It was then he would give her a quick kiss, grinning at her while they sat there.

Alderaan was infact a beautiful place the music was soothing even to him he brought [member="Adara Raxis"] along with him as [member="Yasha Cadera"] like a little kid was having the time of her life with the plant life, Who knew the Infernal was secretly a botanist at heart. For now he simply stayed with Adara as he went through the garden itself, for the first time in along time this place made him feel at peace and he liked it he walked over to the tree in the garden that had a special connection to the force itself somehow and sat down and laid against it being here for social events instead of combat was a good thing as fighting all the time can be tiresome and draining on the mental state that these are required to ease the mind and he was glad to be able to do it and bring Adara along as well.

Alderaan
Entrance to the Temple
His journey into the planet had been a pleasant one and a nice change to be heading to a peace gathering rather than to another battlefield or insurgent riddled world. The ship had taken its time and the ride smooth even allowing him to catch up on some of the politics and news from around the republic. He missed that, due to the fact he always found himself running around the edge of territories or off fighting somewhere else entirely, he barely had time to keep up with the news.

The shuttle that had been waiting for him was likewise a smooth ride. No Anti-Aircraft fire was exploding across the sky and no Sith Lord to pull them from the sky merely just the vessel, a thrum of sub-light drives and the whirl of air passing over the top of the fuselage. The woodland below seemed to glide by in the darkness of the evening. The greens barely making themselves visible and lakes looking like great pools of calming night.

As the ship careened its way over the temple grounds Avin could spot a few outlines of whom he assumed to be the other guests, he even recognized the familiar feeling some of them left in the force. The loading ramp opened ahead of him and allowed the Jedi to stride out into the night's breeze. He let the calm air wash over him at the same time the natural light side energy worked its way into his being. He resisted at first if for no other reason than the fact that he had become so used to keeping any influence within the force away from him when in the state of vaapaad. As he remembered where he was and what the purpose of tonight was Avin allowed his mental guards to fall and the light to come trickling in. At first, it almost overwhelmed his sense. The man even went as far as shutting his eyes for a few seconds and focusing on the warm feeling that worked its way through his body as if cleansing it of any impurities that had latched themselves onto him in the field. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes again, his mind clearer than it had been in months. His fight with the darkness almost seemed to disappear. He could feel it still there but as if it had been locked in a box and thrown to the back of his mind and all that mattered was to find peace.

The temple and its grounds seemed to be something truly magical, a natural paradise as crafted by the Grandmaster of his order. He had known the woman for a while now, fought alongside her in a fair few conflicts and yet nonetheless he still felt he did not truly know the woman. In all honesty, now Avin thought about it and realized he knew very few of the other Jedi within his order. He didn't even have an apprentice, though after his previous experiences he still found that a sore subject.

He walked up the stairway and spotted a woman out of place to the rest of them. He felt her presence in the force. It was different from the Jedi in this temple. Most were in a state of peace, within her emotions were less easy to define. She felt lost, a sense of pain ran through her, a sense of loss and sorrow. Now Avin was no master at this sort of thing, but he had fought his own issues for long enough to be somewhat experienced.

As Avin came closer to the black-clad woman he allowed his own presence in both the force and the physical world to be known.

"Quite a place isn't it!" The depth of his voice traveled through the chamber around him to produce a calming acoustic. Avin took the few moments to continue his approach. The steps of his boots resonating slightly from the floor of the temple. He stopped a few feet from her and allowed his stern facial features to relax into a more welcoming smile.

"I still find it hard to believe that places like this truly exist in our world." He allowed his hand to stretch out towards her.

"I apologize for my lack of manners, my name is Avin, Avin Starfire a pleasure to meet you."

[member="Laertia Io"]

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra was about to turn but her job was handled so she just smiled and stood, walking off herself and looking down as she walked along the edge of the building, seeing both [member="Veino Garn"] and [member="Yasha Cadera"]. The two were individuals that Alexandra counted as friends and she watched the two with a soft expression holding on her face. She wondered about them for a few moments then turned her eyes back inwardly towards the place where her tree resided. Her hand came up and touched at one of the threads connecting her to the tree and she held it gingerly for a long while.

The force told her a great deal about those assembled in the area, a small child with a colored heart, one that had been born and fed the dark but for now seemed entirely innocent. The being that watched over the child, calmed and pacified by the tree as it moved with a presence Alexandra could only draw interest from. Her two companions, now together and happy as she turned her head and looked back to where she had been only shortly before, leaving her happy for them as well. Then there was [member="Avin Starfire"], who took it on himself to help a lost soul drawn to the celebration and leaving Alexandra herself smiling that the man would choose to help the visitor.

Alexandra's hand touched an old stone wall, one of the outcroppings of her temple and she held onto it for a few seconds before silently launching herself to a nearby roof and continuing her way in towards the center of the complex, seeking a room she had not restored, having left it in the same shape it had been when the Order of the Grey had existed. A Room that stood as high as the branches of the tree, looking over all those within her garden yet in no way special to the eye. She smiled as she pushed into that room, using an open hole that had become invested with vines and life.

The Room within, her former council chambers equally claimed by the nature and the overgrowth, the table cracked and the seats around the center of the room falling apart. Hers was no different from the rest, only residing a bit further back and near a place where she could look down into the garden. It brought a smile to her face as she slowly came to rest in the room and with an exhale her eyes closed. She wondered who else would show this day, and what individuals would find peace in her home.

Abigail wandered through the woods on her own, wondering and observing her beautiful surroundings. She was exaggerating a bit, because she had already wandered through the woods countless times, but she had made it a small little game of her own as she tried to imitate other guests' reactions, trying to sound convincing as if she too had never been there. Just a little bit more practice and she knew she would be good enough to fool her mother soon!

"You're right", she eventually mumbled to thin air. "We should probably head over to the party right about now."

Abigail wasn't exactly looking forward to it: so many people she didn't know of all different kind of factions and beliefs... she wasn't sure what to expect. Not at all. That, and she wasn't exactly a big fan of parties like this to begin with. Still, she had done a little bit more effort to make sure she looked at least pretty-ish again, so no-one could say she hadn't prepared for the party.

With a small ball in her hand she started to make her way over to the more occupied parts of the forest. While she walked, she threw the ball in front of her, only to catch it again when the Force blew it back. And again. And again. And again...

"It's like I have my own little pet," she remarked with a chuckle as she threw the ball again," a pet eager to return whatever I throw away. Maybe it wants a little belly rub later?"

The response she received was one which was to be expected, as the ball suddenly got blasted back towards her with a much higher speed. "Outch!", she laughed as she failed to properly catch it, letting it fly against her body. "I take it back, I take it back", she chuckled.

When she finally neared some other people, she quickly noticed a rather tall and armoured individual, although she couldn't see her properly. For a second, Abigail was a bit confused about the armour, as this was supposed to be a harmless environment, but she supposed some people couldn't do without. That and all her doubts disappeared when she saw that she armour wearing individual was rushing around... and talking about plants. Was this the younger version of Alexandra or something?

She would be lying if she said she wasn't at least a bit interested in meeting this woman, who she still hadn't seen properly, so she decided to walk towards her.

"It is a beautiful place, isn't it?", she said, to get the woman's attention.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] || [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Laertia was swaying from the migraine. Some days she could go all day without one. Other days...were like today.

What she had couldn't be fixed. Alleviated, suppressed for a time...but never fixed. The damage couldn't be operated on. It couldn't even be force healed save for perhaps fresh, newly incurred damage (and minor, at that) but the core of the problem, that portion that had been damaged that caused the migraines and phantom pains was permanently so.

It had been her own hubris, of course. Took on one enemy too many, killed most of them, except for the last one, who'd boarded that imperial assault shuttle, some brick with engines that were too slow but just enough guns to make it interesting. Most of what he fired had missed her, except for that last strafing run, just as she tossed her lightsaber through the cockpit viewport and killed the pilot, his aim had been close. Not close enough to kill, but close enough to leave her like this.

Ursula hadn't even visited her, after she had dragged herself from the wreckage of that fight, head nothing but agony, arm and eye gone, wounds cauterized, somehow piloting her courier back to friendly territory before ending up in a six month medically induced coma, and discharge papers from the order when she awoke.

And for someone like Laertia, who'd done everything she could to prove she was more than street trash, being forced back to that street in spite of that was unbearable. She couldn't even find work doing menial stuff due to her background--people freak out at the violent bits, and the fact she had a criminal record on Nar Shaddaa a mile long before she was thirteen for petty theft.

Laertia as she walked, exploring the temple, stumbling a bit, waiting for the migraine to end, she didn't sense [member="Avin Starfire"] walking up from behind. Another consequence of her injuries...her ability to sense behind and to her sides had been drastically reduced in range. (Curiously, her frontal sense range had drastically increased. A freak accident of the shrapnel they removed.) And she couldn't use the Force at all during a migraine. Like now.

So when he spoke she jumped in total surprise and immediately regretted it, as the shaking made it hurt worse.

She composed herself after a moment, refusing to show pain outwardly, though she shook her head for a second, momentarily forgetting where she was.

And then...the migraine cleared...it could leave as suddenly as it came. She regained her balance after going still.

"It, uh...it iz. It don't lookz rusto lyke duh lowa partz 'a' sum hauntz I frequenteddz, 'fer certainz..." Laertia muttered quietly, shoulders haunched over a bit as she examined the speaker. Nice long scar on the face. Made him handsome. Laertia knew it was a primitive, holdover sentiment of a thousand different fairy tales she read about dashing heroes with scars.

She didn't have one long scar. She had a dozen little ones in a scattered pattern on her face, from where the shrapnel had gone. The doctors had told it was a miracle her face hadn't been utterly demolished by being that close to the airstrike. Laertia didn't remember much but theorized she had instinctively teleported at the last moment to a theoretically survivable distance. Survivable. Not safe.

His face relaxed, and Laertia realized he was trying to make conversation. Laertia had always been known as one of Nar Shaddaa's most affable criminals so she turned on the old street charm.

"Placez lyke dhis...yeahh I suppozz. Nyce wayz 'ta spenddz yuh goldin' yearz. But, az 'fer meself...well...I wuz morre suited to duh wanderin', yuh' knowwz?" she asked, forcing a smile. She hadn't come here to sour anyone's evening with her problems. Summoning what was left of her discipline, she pushed aside her own concerns and focused.

"Nexzus though...not the strainjist one I bin' in, lotz more peace-ish, bruduhz-in-armz stuff itz puttin' out..."

When he stretched out his hand, Laertia took it, shaking his hand as he introduced himself.

"Io. Laertia Io." Laertia said, smiling a little more.

(Clip of Bond Theme plays)

"So, Mastuh Stahfiyuh', youz stationed herez or iz you the wanderin' type yuhself?"

Last edited:
Mandalorians were more than warriors. It was oft hard to forget Mand’alor the Infernal, that dour and regal figure so militant in battle. Yet, beneath the Beskar’gam was a twenty-five year old girl, beset with imperial responsibilities since the age of 12, then 20.

“Someday Mandalore will be as beautiful as Alderaan. It has to be, why else have I worked on Mandalorian florae since Ra let me have a flower bed outside the Palace?” Yasha grinned on, traipsing over to a vine and plucking a shimmering flower for her hair. Yasha's truth blossomed with the flower. “Its all I’ve wanted… are you worried, c’yare? Think Alex could steal me away to her forest? Maybe we can negotiate a flower trade.”

[member="Kaine Australis"]’ bride would bring Mandalore to an ecological rejuvenation until it was an oasis of plant and animal life. A paradise for the children of Manda, two more of whom rested safely in her gently swelling belly.

A childish voice sounded behind her, followed patiently by the Anubian who took the child’s care to his own heart.

“Skor? [member="Skorvek"]! You made it!” The young mother swerved around and lowered on her haunches, her arms open for her firstborn child. “Adara!”

“Buir! Daddy! Sloobieboo and me came to the party! Where’s the cake?” Adara ran into her mother’s arms, giggling as Yasha picked her up and twirled her around, peppered her face with kisses.

“Are you hungry cyar’ika? Shall we ask Alex politely for an Adara sized snack?” Yasha laughed and leaned against Kaine, cuddling in.

“Buir! The flowers! The flowers are glowing! And they’re all shiny and like laser beams but not lasers and they are like fire but not like fire an-an-and.” Little Adara’s cheeks flushed red, as the excitement overwhelmed her tiny lungs. Yasha’s face sobered and warmed. She rubbed Adara’s back as the girl wheezed, kissing Adara’s forehead. Kain'ik was better at moments like these, when Adara's lungs were overwhelmed, or her energy was low. Caz was even better. All Yasha could do was hold her child, even when she knew others around her could do so much more. A humming lullaby rustled from the Mand’alor’s lips, the soothing tones what she always sang for Adara in a moment of overexcitement.

“It’s a party Buir… parties mean cake. Sloobieboooo do you see flower cake?” @Adara Raxis whimpered, curling into her mother’s chin. Another person’s voice caught Yasha’s attention. Turning with Adara in her arm, the smiling Mandalorian looked down to see [member="Abigail Meredydd"] say hello.

“Abigail! It’s good to see you out of a war zone. We all made it, thanks to your help.” Yasha offered her free hand. Adara glanced over at Abigail and gave a smile, a timid wave. “Adara, Kain’ik, meet Abigail. She’s the firecracker I got to fight beside against those dar’jetiise on Colla. I could spend forever in this place, couldn’t you? Grab up each of the flowers for my gardens.”

But where was [member="Alexandra Feanor"]? Yasha continued looking for her friend, where could she have gone?

What was Alderaan but a place full of dreams and history at least to those that visited. Theo saw his home a world that had seen pain, destruction, and bliss yes bliss even in the ashes of what once was you just had to look for it a bit harder.

He had not gone near any of the temples on Alderaan it just didn't feel right to do so. He was welcome thta much was certain but within himself he wasn't sure too many questions about why things happen, why good people die, why bad people go on, and lastly what was his purpose really. Yes he patrolled the Alderaan system borders looking out for pirates, sith, and whatever other bad element crossed over. That was his job, but was it purpose.

He had dwelled on it so much that when word came of a party a celebration he couldn't help but make his way there. Maybe he'd have a chance to meet a few new people, get out a bit, ya know...maybe even leave home because of some half baked idea.

But here he stood in the entrance still hesitating about entering as if some bolt would suddenly reach out from the sky and burn him and the temple to the ground.

A drink somewhere inside had his name on it...what did they drink here in the forest? hmmm this drink could be water.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Abigail Meredydd"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Avin Starfire"] | [member="Skorvek"] | [member="Solan Charr"] | [member="Veino Garn"] | [member="Hannah"] | [member="Harley Fenstermacher"]

"Hello again, Alexandra," Veino said as he stepped in over a window-sill. The room had fallen into disarray and disuse in the long years since he had sat in these chairs. In fact, unless he was mistaken, that used to be his old chair across the room. His boots crunched on the floor as he picked his way across to where his old mentor stood. "Glad to see things have turned around."

He ran a hand across a toppled piece of furniture. "How are the Jedi of the New Republic? Faring well?" He leaned against the chair and studied her. "You haven't aged a day since we last met, have you?"

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Veino Garn"]

She smiled when a particular man came through the window sill and looked around like he was walking into a memory, her appearance shifting to match the woman he recognized as her hair turned silver, eyes an icy blue with silver flecks, and her tail vanishing from sight. She would even age in her features, twenty years being added to her face as she smiled at her old friend. It would be clear that this was the illusion but with Veino there she knew this would be a far more recognizable appearance.

“Now, your words would be correct. I do admit I like the new body though... even if it took a rather poor experience to get. You don’t seem quite as lucky Veino. The Jensaari finally driving you mad and to old age?” She reached into her clothes and withdrew a flask holding it up to him in offering. He was an old friend and she would offer him a drink first before she took one. Her eyes faded for a moment as she looked a bit distantly and smiled.

More had arrived and it would appear that Abigail had come into contact with the Mandalor again. The two in one place was certainly what she preferred, a friend and her daughter talking idly. Daeda would keep his eyes on the two for Alexandra, leaving her the opportunity to reconnect with her old friend.

“And you? What have you been up to Veino. The Jedi are of far less excitement I am sure.” She waited, listening to her friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom