Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pain and Gain [Republic Dominion of Attahox]

FvQ2rNG.jpg

Attahox was a world of... average circumstances in a comparative sense of the word ‘circumstance’. Average in the sense that they weren’t a forested nation overrun by Ewoks, but did have a sense of some established normalcy via an overarching organization.

Unfortunately, but appropriately for stage-setting, this overarching organization was a syndicate that had been flexing its muscles over the planet for a long, long time. Too long, as the fates would have it. So prolonged in fact, that it was becoming a little bit of an eyesore to those on the borders of the expansion region.

.....Meanwhile, the Zeltros Republic Relief Effort Continues ….

“— We have a fracture waiting for immediate attention in the halls. Serious pain, she’s going to need attention immediately, sir.”

The doctor, a worn man with little bulk on his bones looked up from bandaging a patient. It was really a task that a nurse could have taken care of, but they were stretched since some orbital presence had taken the attention from the Zeltros effort. There were still those outstanding that needed attention — besides, bandaging let him think, as it was a rather mundane process. “Painkillers until I can get there, Marce. Give me a few minutes while I finish up here.” It was selfish of him, he knew. But with the right dosage of medication, any brimming amount of pain would be significantly reduced.

“We haven’t any more sir.”

“I thought we were getting more shipments in yesterday?”

“They never made it.”

“No? Figure it out.”

“Not a secretary, sir.”

“Then find someone who can —.” Agitated, the doctor rose, now realizing that the said immediacy was truly demanded in the absence of sedatives for the brutal discomfort.

A few roundabout calls later, would leave those in The Republic’s capitol grumbling over a new thorn in their side. The trades of medication necessary to keep their brave soldiers moving forward. An investigation was warranted, but the bodies that were able to make it were few. To make the patrols more bloated, the Jedi were also offered a position to trace back the source of the cut off.

Dear old Attahox.

Coincidentally enough, a point of interest for the former Senator of Kashyyk, [member="Jack Sparrow"].

The message came through loud and clear, although it sat for an hour while classes were being taught. The gears never stopped turning for those who were interested in a well-oiled machine.

Once received, the Grandmaster did as she had intended when the council had been disbanded --- make the message of the need in Attahox public to all Jedi who were not indisposed, to be available for assistance. As an afterthought, another message was sent -- but not as a broadcast. As it was not her place -- as had been made concrete after that conversation on Ossus:

Admiral, ([member="Caid Centurion"])

Now would be an opportune time for working together.

OBJECTIVES

1.) Jedi and some Republic NFUs are sent to investigate the sharp drop-off of phosvate salts being shipped to create pain medications for the war effort.

2.) Jedi discover the criminal organization has swelled and elected to cease shipments to the Galactic Republic.
--Jedi/Political types can maybe try to reason with the criminals? They'll refuse to cooperate.

3.) Jedi and limited military ground forces work to loosen the criminal organization's hold over the production facilities and say force them from control of the planet's major city.

4.) Jedi/Politicians work to set up a provisional government composed of Attahox citizens (perhaps some of them help fight off the criminals). Military can work to get some form of local defense force set-up (process).

Caid Centurion

C
Caid's gaze shifted to the dim indicator light on his desk indicating that he'd received a new personal message. What with most official correspondences being routed through Captain Velez, Caid had found it increasingly useless to always monitor a line that precious few even had access to. Deftly, he slid the datapad towards the center of his desk as he continued sifting through expense reports with his free hand. Well, that wasn't completely accurate. It was an audit report based off the evaluation of expense reports. Caid most certainly wasn't going to get involved in the minutiae of managing the military's funds. He had people for that.

However, it fell to him to ensure some entity watched the spenders, and he in turn watched the watchers. The Senate Military Oversight Committee then watched Caid...more or less. It was a beautiful symphony of beauracratic headaches and large words that held little to no meaning to the, mostly, humble Admiral.

Once he'd finished with the expense report, he turned his attention to the message. Oh good it was from blondie. [member="Kiskla Grayson"] was pretty much his favorite person to deal with. That explained why they always had lunch together and chatted for hours at night. That's a little bit of msacras spelled backwards for all you readers out there.

Seeing as her message was amazingly cryptic, Caid tapped out a brief reply.

Grandmaster Grayson,

It would be my pleasure. Though your message contained no details, I do suppose it has to do with a recent unnecessary-freak-out-session over phosovane salts? My people are no negotiators, so I am happy to detail a small amount of resources to aid you or an individual of your choosing and provide necessary support should things go...south. Send me the details.

-CC

Once that message was sent, he yelled to Captain Velez in the outer office area. "Captain! Get Commodore [member="Gir Quee"] and [member="Camellia Swift"] on the line. Tell them it's regarding urgent tasking."

The Captain appeared in the doorway a moment later. "Right away sir. Do you intend to depart as well?"

Caid merely smiled as he held up the audit report. "Nope."

After a brief nod, the Captain disappeared once more to get in touch with the two Commodores. "Sir, ma'am, Admiral Centurion wishes to speak with you at once regarding urgent tasking."

Marcello had only departed Zeltros a day prior. The bulk of the fighting had ebbed, but there was still certainly work to be done. With that said, there definitely came a point when his presence was more of a nuisance than a benefit. Upon arrival at that precise moment in his involvement, the Jedi Master had slid into the cockpit of his N-1T and departed for another venture. In short order, he linked up with one of the Praxeum vessels that was mid-rim bound on a typical 'training cruise'.

However, as fate would have it, the Naboo native's attention was quickly retasked to a random planet he'd never even heard of. The moment he'd received the communique from [member="Kiskla Grayson"], the Jedi Master retired from his training session to the briefing room for a quick download on Attahox from the central database. The information gave...little real insight other than to highlight its importance to the galaxy at large.

Exhaling softly, he made his way over to the internal communication system and contacted the bridge. "Captain. How quickly can you get us to Attahox?"

"Looks like a matter of hours, Master Matteo. Our current trajectory should have us arcing past Mimban in roughly forty-five minutes. We can safely revert to realspace in our current location to alter course for Attahox."

"Do it." Walking away from the shipboard communicator, Marcello activated the holocom in the briefing room. He specifically programmed it to a number of frequencies. Obviously, Kiskla's communique had already been broadcast to every Jedi. He couldn't be sure how awesome he felt about Jedi descending upon Attahox from random locations without coordination, but he could roll with it.

Once the Kenobi-class Praxeum had reverted to realspace, Marcello quickly activated the holocom and dispatched a message to the ol' Sword, [member="Aaralyn Rekali"]. He'd not heard form the woman in, well, a long time. In fact their last interaction was probably on Empress Teta and that had been...a pretty terrible one. "Aaralyn. I could use your assistance on Attahox. You're not quite as pretty as me, but you might have a more level-head. Useful in negotiations, I should think."

A thin smile of amusement touched Marcello's lips for but a moment. The past was the past, but they'd both fallen down unexpected paths before coming back to where they belonged.

Marcello Matteo

"I can help with that Master" I said in reply to masters comment. I came out of the pilots cabin and sat across from the master Jedi. I didn't hear who he was talking to only that part but that was the most important. "Padawan Brolen by the way, the Grandmaster sent me to support any Jedi even though i'm training to be a diplomat". I could still use my lightsaber and was a amazing talker though it didn't help the situation we were flying into. This was my first real mission off of Ossus and the pirates weren't making it any easier. "I assumed you have been briefed on our objectives". Our job was to make sure that the medical supplies reach the med center without any delay .This was a routine investigation mission though it probably will go really wrong. Why you ask well because Jedi don't look for trouble though it always seems to find them.

Marcello arched a curious eyebrow at the individual that entered the briefing room once he'd sent his message to Master Rekali. Emotionless eyes surveyed the Padawan that proclaimed to be here on a mission from the Grandmaster. Curious. He doubted the actual transaction of orders was so personal, but it wasn't a matter for immediate discussion.

However, the Jedi Master did give [member="Caleb Brolen"] a very direct response. "Negative. We're going to find out why the export of phosovane salts used in making medical supplies has stopped. Who is your master, Padawan Brolen?"

Marcello Matteo

As his eyes fixed on him I sensed something that I never sensed before. It was a unnatural calm about him that was impossible to explain. As he asked the question I came out of my thoughts so that I was prepared to answer though I didn't much like the question. I responded with "I..uh..don't have one yet, it's hard to find a master that like culture like I do..well enough to teach me diplomacy". I cleared my throat and said "that's why i'm here to aid other Jedi and to help in the negotiation"

I then asked "do you have any questions for the mission"

Ossus - Jedi Temple

With some luck and good planning, Avalore was attending her classes on Ossus, teaching younglings how to meditate and focus and do all those little things she'd only just come to feel competent enough in doing herself to teach it. No small part in thanks to a Jedi ghost and a very determined [member="Hal Terrano"]. She'd known there were plans to move on Attahox for a short time, though Avalore hardly thought these plans to include her. Seemed she'd been wrong.

Things on Attahox had gone awry. Very awry. This did not bode well for the war efforts or for their supply of much-needed pain killers.

Some might say this is what Healers were for, but given the fracturing of the Order and the devastation of the war, there were less and less skilled Healers these days. Avalore knew this first hand, she'd taken up the brunt of weight left in the wake of the Circle of Healers disbanding.

Halfway through a meditation session with twenty-or-so various human and alien younglings, the Healer looked up at the arrival of a Steward.

"Knight Eden, I have a message from the Grandmaster. We move on Attahox now."

"Now?" Eden blinked, taking the proffered datapad and quickly reading over the missive, "but we weren't scheduled to move for another few days."

"Plans have changed, Attahox has cut the Republic off. Zeltros is in terrible need of their supplies."

A deep frown tugged at the Healer's face as she turned to see the vast majority of her class failing to maintain their calm and quiet minds. Curious eyes peered at her. She sighed, "Class dismissed. Can you find Knight Terrano for me? Have him meet me in the main hall."

"I'll do what I can."

Avalore immediately got on her comm to get in touch with [member="Jannik Morlandt"], sending him a short note.

You got the missive for Attahox? Where are you stationed, shipping out from Ossus shortly.

Location: Wraith's Ready Room Aboard either Commodore Swift's flag ship or one of her carriers.
Objective: Wraith Squadron on Standby

Rion Ke Teldan maneuvered himself into Wraith Squadron's ready room aboard the ship. He was the first to arrive, sporting his black EV jumpsuit with the legendary Wraith Emblem upon the right shoulder. His black hair was neatly groomed but yet still wet from the shower he just had. He glanced around noticing he was the first to arrive. He didn't expect a rush for the Order's have not official come down the pipe yet but he knew the rest of his mates will be piling into the room soon enough, officially or unofficially.

The Adumarian Prince made quick to the Caffa machine, pouring himself a cup making sure to keep it black and untainted by creams or sugars. He looked around the room in a peaceful awe as he took his first sip of the morning. The funny thing about a ready room is that you get attached to the hole. As much as you are attached to the ship and starfighter. It's more than sentiment. It's an urge for protection. The loneliest feeling in the whole of a starfighter pilot's universe is when he's out in space with the fuel running low, and he can't see his carrier. You think of the ready room then, and the noisy mates who make it the most desirable place in the galaxy. It's your office, you live in it, it is the big thing in your life. You sweat and worry in it, and grouse and argue, and you get mad at it when you can't hear yourself speak because everyone is yelling at once, but you're deeply attached to the place.

Rion would find his usual seat, an armchair seat that had seen better days but it was the most comfortable seat that his royal arse has ever sat in. He plopped himself down and just waited in silence, listening to the noises and echoes of the capital ship itself for company. This was home. He would not trade this for anything in the galaxy.

[member="Kelly Perris"]
[member="Rion Ke Teldan"]
[member="Zooey Walsh"]
[member="Iasos Kontarr"]
[member="Keanu Shan"]
[member="Ar'rek Zavros"]
[member="Aedan Miles"]
[member="Sen Kando"]

Marcello wasn't sure what to think of [member="Caleb Brolen"]. That was no doubt because the amount of Jedi so acutely focused on diplomacy at his age and ability level were few and far between. On the whole, most tended to have a much more...global view of both the Force and the Order. There would always be time for specialization later. "I see. Very well then. Also, no I do not have any questions. Do you?"

Aedan sat in his quarters aboard the ship that Wraith squadron was assigned to muttering a curse to himself as he started to read over the datapad in his hand. Shaking his head he pulled his EV suit on and then picked up the datapad making his way to the ready room not really paying attention as he went to lean against a wall. His eyes skimmed over a series of reports from Clan Akaata about how things were going and the supplies they would need they were doing some work on the planet as militia. Aedan's hair was slightly shorter then it used to be falling just past his shoulders and as always pulled back into a ponytail. He had two emblems on his chest one that of Wraith Squadron the other the symbol of Clan Akaata. His hand quickly typed away at the datapad as he sent a message back with advice and ways to change things and that they would have to find a way to get beskar to fix their armor if it was damaged. While they had been exiled they were still Vod that would remain the same in their eyes no matter what. Sending the message he shut down the datapad slipping it into his Ev suit as he muttered a curse in Mando'a before looking up to see someone else in the ready room. He raised a hand lightly in greeting before he moved to sit in a chair near the rear of the group of chairs leaning back a bit as he half closed his eyes waiting for the others to show up.
[member="Rion Ke Teldan"] [member="Kelly Perris"] [member="Zooey Walsh"] [member="Keanu Shan"] [member="Sen Kando"] [member="Iasos Kontarr"] @Ar'rek Zavros

Rion looked back to see Lieutenant Miles walking into the ready room. The pilot was a force user like himself, more powerful in the usage side of things and a skilled pilot that was exceptional enough to land in Wraith Squadron. If it werent for such skills Rion would have nothing to do with him. He was mandalorian and the Prince of Adumar had a special distain for the likes of the barbarians. But in this room and while in uniform and position of authority he would have to be professional and barry the past deep with in him.

"Dragoon!" He would acknowledge the man by his call sign "The Caffa is hot"

Then he would focus upon his own cup and drown the bad taste of mando acceptance with the beautiful taste of Coffee. "No official orders yet!" Rion would inform the only other person in the room before he inquired. Wraith squadron knew there was a mission at hand, there all were just hover about waiting for the official 'word'.

[member="Kelly Perris"]
[member="Zooey Walsh"]
[member="Iasos Kontarr"]
[member="Keanu Shan"]
[member="Ar'rek Zavros"]
[member="Aedan Miles"]
[member="Sen Kando"]

Marcello Matteo

I thought for a second about a question to ask before we hit the ground and I wont have time to talk. I simply asked "Yes this could be a mission that could turn really bad really fast how do you cope with that". It was a strange question but if one thing goes wrong on this mission then a lot of people can and will die. Jedi are supposed to be the calmest beings in the galaxy but they go into the most dangerous exploits. We are supposed to be the defenders of the weak yet how are you supposed to defend the weak when you aren't strong yourself. I was contemplating this as I waited for a reply.

Then the pilot the ship signaled us "Sir just so you know, you and the soliders will be dropped 3 klicks from the village around where the salt drop went missing".

((OOC: [member="Caleb Brolen"] - slow your roll. We haven't even re-entered hyperspace to initiate the final push to our destination yet. Also - do not NPC any of the controlling aspects of the Praxeum without asking me first. It's a very large ship, and we're not actually anywhere near the bridge. Bridge, not cockpit. It's a fully crewed capital-class vessel. Thanks :) ))

Marcello gazed intently at Caleb. He wasn't sure he was ready to dive down the philosophical rabbit hole. Thoughts like that were how people actually did end up dead. "Just remember your initiate training, Padawan. You have the tools to at least survive. If things get to hairy and you don't believe yourself capable, then find some cover and try to get to safety." The Jedi Master specifically did not answer the young man's question directly. It didn't matter how Marcello coped with battle...it mattered how Caleb was able to cope himself. That could only be learned through experience.

Then the Jedi Master heard a couple of officers passing by the briefing room discussing the insertion plan. Premature...and definitely not what they were going to do. Not to mention, they certainly would not be riding the Praxeum into the atmosphere. Shifting his gaze back to Caleb, Marcello exhaled slowly. "Just don't go wondering off on your own and you'll be fine."

Rion smiled as the chatterbox entered the ready room. The man could talk from morning till bedtime. Some would find it annoying but he always had a way of making people feel accepted and not alone. In such a high risk profession such a quality was important and The Prince respected the man for it.

"I have been in a few dust ups!" The XO informed, playing down a bit of his experience. He can tell that Lieutenant Shan was disguising his nervousness for this was Wraith's first 'would be' mission and non of them have flown combat together. In all truisem Rion was nervous as well, of if things went to hell this was going be the time to find out what your wingmates were made of.

[member="Kelly Perris"]
[member="Zooey Walsh"]
[member="Iasos Kontarr"]
[member="Keanu Shan"]
[member="Ar'rek Zavros"]
[member="Aedan Miles"]
[member="Sen Kando"]

[member="Caid Centurion"]

Yes it appeared as if there was indeed a mission on hand. . . . and Camellia wasn't happy.

After that harrowing experience on Zeltros she was tired. So very tired. Her life had been hanging in the balance delicately, the Sith assaulting the communications hub liable to strike her down easily had they breached what little defenses had been erected by the security teams. She had been stuck in just one little room, coordinating command of only a few units of soldiers as they fought in the streets against the monsters of the Sith. The Sithspawn had torn up a good portion of the shipyard, and she didn't want to begin to imagine how the Palace ended up when all was said and finished. The streets had been bathed in blood in a standstill, one that still went in the Sith's favor even after Camellia watched her soldiers cut so many down, only for the dark side to raise the once more in horrific fashion. Even the felled Leviathon stood once more.

A sith monster had battled a Jedi Knight within the Comm Hub while another had boarded her ship and wrought havoc on it. Her dropships had had to divert from combat to evac the Palace officials and even those soldiers still remaining on the streets. Nothing in that fight had turned out right. . . .and her time getting back had been spent trying to prepare for the next trouble spot, but she wasn't finished. New starfighter lines weren't ready for deployment. The upgrade to the Hammerhead Cruisers hadn't been completed. Even the armor sets for the elite combat units made from phrik hadn't been fully sent out yet. It was all just a mess. . . .

Yet here she was getting another call for orders. "Then patch me through to the Admiral already, let's hear what's wrong now." She hadn't been back on Rendili nearly long enough for everything to calm down for her yet. Hell, she wasn't even accustomed to her promotion yet.

She would smear black oil across her face as she adjusted the hydrospanner and arc-light in the proper direction. The sound of a droid whistling above her caused her to shift her gaze up and look at Rowdy who chirped at her in a worried fashion. “It can be fixed, relax. We will be on our way again in no time.” She huffed softly and continued to adjust the broken modulator.

Ever since she found the YT-2400 on Raxus Prime, she tore apart the new YTA Series freighter she bought and began replacing the parts from the new vehicle into the old. Of course, without compromising the look and integrity of the 2400. What she knew needed to happen was a complete overhaul, but that would take time and money from Corellian Engineering – Something she hadn’t had time for lately.

“Ok, ok!” She said behind pipes and components. “Try it now…” Rowdy chirped and rolled over to the equipment console and began to interface with the ship. While he whistled and beeped, Aaralyn turned her attention towards the cockpit and the sound of the holonet communicator beeping. With a groan, she lifted herself from the pit and jogged through the open bay towards the cockpit.

A slender eyebrow would raise as she slowly slid into the Captain’s chair in the cockpit, looking at the frequency tag. “Interesting.” She muttered, pulling a dirty rag from her side-pocket as she began wiping her hands. She took a moment to adjust herself and continued to clean herself off as she pressed the various buttons on the communications panel. Within seconds, a shimmering form of [member="Marcello Matteo"] took shape in the holodisplay a few inches to her right.

He really should think about selling hair-care products…

She listened to his request and brought the rag to her face, wiping away the smudge of oil. “You need my help?” She said, looking down and away from the camera as she scrubbed with the soft cloth. “Attahox…?” She turned briefly, keeping her vision focused away from the holocam. Somewhere offscreen, she was messing with navigational charts and data from The Net. “Criminals are bountiful on that place and we’re going in to relieve them of duties?” She said as she spun in the chair to face Marcello.

“You can’t handle a few misfits, Marcello?” She chided playfully.

While the members of a squadron bunked sharing quarters with one another, the commanding officer often had his own private quarters. Such was usually the case, and such was the case here, and it was such a place that Perris emerged from after a bout of communiqué with the higher-ups, disseminated to the men and women that made up the Wraiths. Stand-by was the word, and what that meant was EV suits and waiting. So when the CO of Wraith Squadron wandered into the ready room after ambling through the sonic shower and slipping on his own EV suit, the first thing he did was make a bee-line for the caf.

The look on his face was nonplussed, perhaps even a tad sour, as he wordlessly poured the dark, steaming liquid into a mug... but the scent had a way of erasing sourness from his visage, as he brought the mug towards his face for a tentative sniff, and a cautious sip. Shipboard caf was far from the best caf in the galaxy, but it still got done what needed doing. It was one of two categories of liquid that most fighter jocks couldn't seem to live without, himself included. Speaking of pilots...

...whether any of his pilots noticed his presence, and stood to as was the custom? He hardly noticed.

[member="Rion Ke Teldan"] | [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Zooey Walsh"] | [member="Kallista Zhorren"] | [member="Sen Kando"] | [member="Iasos Kontarr"] | [member="Ar'rek Zavros"]​

" Oh come on now, your hold the table up just fine. Pretty sure adding the squadron under your wing shouldn't be that hard of a task" The Prince would snipe back with a predatorial grin. The man sure was full of himself, but most pilots were and such banter back and forth built health competition. They were all flyboys, and one's mouth was just as quick as the X-wings hyperdrive. Just this one had a quicker mouth, probably rate it at a .5 on the speed scale.

"Alright chatterbox, there is caffa on the burner for ya. We are still waiting on orders"

That was when their Commanding officer would arrive and instantly Rion would call the room to Attention with the simple command of "ROOM!". The command would indicate that there was a senior officer in presence and all below his rank would come to attention in proper military fashion, till said officer stood them down. So obeying his own very command, Rion stood from his chair in attention.

[member="Keanu Shan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom