Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship OSA-18 "Forge" Class Orbital Shipyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSA-18 "Forge" Class Orbital Shipyard

_Vfqtu3HlDqdlL1bLKXmZI6g1WbczEi5mzZrqo7XJtOw-RqF5ojUk98jOgSV58AmLnRHNlimKxYQ-zsBbGqyaRRKGYsDkLMiSBRCwQlG_EeFvu2MnY5kjFNyVaGt=s0-d

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Deep Space Manufacturing Facility
  • Length: 10,000 meters
  • Width: 10, 000 meters
  • Height: 6, 000 meters
  • Armament: None
  • Defenses: Very High
    • Super-heavy Durasteel Plating
    • Multiple overlapping shield generators
  • Hangar Space:
    • Drydock construction frames for up to 25 capital ships
    • Interior manufacturing areas for up to 100 transport to corvette-class ships
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Very Low
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: Class 10.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Quarters for up to 10,000 staff
  • Twenty-five external dry dock frames for Capital Ship Construction
  • Internal manufacturing plants for starship components and up to 100 small transport to corvette-sized ships
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Ablative Hull Armor
  • Advanced Sensor Suite with High Output Transmitters (Anti-Jamming)
  • Multiple Redundant Heavy Shield Arrays
STRENGTHS
  • Able to construct or perform extensive damage repairs on up to 25 capital sized ships at a time
  • Able to construct numerous types of starship components
  • Able to construct or perform extensive damage repairs on up to 100 small transport to Corvette-class ships at a time
WEAKNESSES
  • Huge target, difficult to protect
  • Slow maneuvering and speed as well as slow hyperdrive
  • No offensive capabilities whatsoever
DESCRIPTION

As time went on, what began as the fledgling Obsidian Star Technologies company based on Denon, thrived and grew into a major weapons provider for the Silver Jedi Concord. It eventually added new facilities as the company created subsidiaries dedicated to Aerospace and Bio-Medical research and production. The Forge Class Shipyards were built to facilitate an increase in the manufacturing capability of Obsidian Star Aerospace. It is a circular station that measures approximately 10,000 meters in length and width and approximately 6,000 meters in height. It has twenty-five large dry dock frames for construction of capital ships and one-hundred interior manufacturing areas for constructing smaller craft and various starship components. While this station can be moved, it is a time-consuming process that requires careful preparation and execution and is not something that should be done lightly.

Modifications: 01/10/21
Length and width changed from 40,000 meters to 10,000 meters as per Factory rules
Height changed from 10,000 meters to 6,000 meters to fit changes to length and width
Added Market Status field as per factory changes
Minor edits as suggested by AMCO AMCO

Last edited:
Takui Takui Good question!

Did a brief scan of the internet to see if build times were ever mentioned in the expanded/Canon universe. From what I could tell most major shipyards could construct an SSD sized ship in around 4 months to a year. Using that as a bar, I would say that the forge could produce:

An SSD sized ship in roughly 9 months
A Star Destroyer sized ship in roughly 3 months
A cruiser sized ship in roughly 2 months
A frigate in 1 month
Corvettes in perhaps 3 weeks
Fighters and small freighters in 1-2 weeks

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

You know, this is the first time I've seen something pulled to make it smaller; looks good for the most part, though you will need to add the "Market Status" field (presumably followed by ": Closed-Market") between "Affiliation" and "Model" in accordance with the updated Factory Templates.

The Hyperdrive Class field is no longer required, but since fields may freely be added it's entirely up to you if you wish to keep it or not.

Finally, your Hangar Space is probably meant to have twenty-five drydock frames since that number is cited in Standard Features and Strengths. Not something I would hold up a submission over, but since you will already be making some minor edits I figured I might as well let you know.

Good catch on the Hangar space discrepancy. It should be fixed now. Also added the Market Status field. Left the hyperdrive fields as is. As for making it smaller, this was a catch made by some of the Admins when this station was used in a Codex sub. I was going off of the old sub template and had not adjusted the size of the station in accordance to it being Semi-Unique rather than Unique. So that's why that happened. Anywho, it's all good now hopefully. Thanks!

AMCO AMCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom