Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OS-141 "Venom Series" Heavy Combat Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS-141 "Venom" Heavy Combat Droid
mandryk_03.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Deflector shield array
  • A Titanium Blast Shield
  • Four Hermes Scanning Drones: Which are held in docking ports on the droid's shoulders, slaved to the Integrated HUD system.
STRENGTHS
  • Durable: Intended to be used as mobile cover for advancing infantry, the Venom-Series heavy Combat Droid has a powerful deflector shield array as well as a physical titanium blast shield capable of deflecting most small arms fire.
  • Integrated "Delphi" HUD and Scanning System: Allows the droid to scan for basic life signs up to 75 feet, has low-light and infrared vision, is capable of using Hermes scanning drones to increase range (see subs listed above for details).
WEAKNESSES
  • Slow: Because of their weight, the Venom Series Combat Droids move far slower than most humanoids. They have a steady, but plodding pace that cannot be increased.
  • Susceptible to ION weapons and EMP blasts: The droids are not shielded against ION or EMP attacks, which can quickly deplete their shields and allow subsequent shots to render them inert due to circuitry overload. Droids damaged in this way cannot be repaired in the field as an extensive overhaul is needed to fix the damage.
DESCRIPTION

The Venom Series Heavy Combat Droid was built to act as mobile cover for advancing infantry and light armor. It stands approximately eight feet tall and weighs several tons. The droid boasts a powerful deflector shield array and a large physical blast shield which allows it to deflect most small arms fire with ease. It boasts a powerful heavy repeater cannon, designed to provide devastating suppressing fire. The droid, while exceptionally durable, moves rather slowly which makes it difficult to use against quick moving enemies.

Last edited:
You cannot have 'Minor' production components on a 'mass produced' app, you will need to move this app to Minor production or remove these functions, and others which are of minor production or higher.

Your app is also 2 points overpowered, size on a droid is actually considered an 'advantage' over other apps. As it can be reasoned that they're stronger, better armoured and can often use more powerful equipment.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Could you give some further detail on this in a strength?
  • Scanning drones slaved to an integrated HUD and Scanning System

Also, I would like this app to have one additional weakness listed please.

I'll be judging this one~

Nice to meet you Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Nice to meet you as well!

You cannot have 'Minor' production components on a 'mass produced' app, you will need to move this app to Minor production or remove these functions, and others which are of minor production or higher.

Your app is also 2 points overpowered, size on a droid is actually considered an 'advantage' over other apps. As it can be reasoned that they're stronger, better armoured and can often use more powerful equipment.

Could you give some further detail on this in a strength?

Also, I would like this app to have one additional weakness listed please.

Okay, going point by point:

• I forgot about the production differences on those components, so I just lowered the droid's production scale to Minor
  • To balance the overpowering, I added an ION/EMP resistance of Very Low
  • Done and done!
  • For an additional weakness, I expanded on its susceptibility to ION/EMP weaponry

Hopefully that works for you! Please let me know if you need me to make any other tweak! Thanks!

Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

Looks fantastic, you're still one point over.

Due to the change to minor your app is now one point under-powered, but if that's ok with you, it looks good to approve, you can add one more high resistance, or reduce the ion weakness to low instead of very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom