Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Original Sin: Take Two

This thread the grand opening of a new-ish club on Coruscant.
Any- and everyone is welcome to come by and mingle!
Please keep in mind that even though the club is technically a brothel affiliated with the local mafia, nothing obviously illegal is happening.
Original-Sin-Take-Two.png

< Location: Eden's Club | South Loop, Uscru District, 1910 Storyville Street >
< Wearing: open for business furs >
< Track: (explicit) >

Nfg578H.png

When Malcoma stepped out of the back hallway onto the main floor fifteen past eight on the Benduday indicated in her HoloNet ad, she was a bit surprised to find more the half of the house seating already full. Her ears popped as the quilted door fell shut behind her and her auditory sense adjusted to the the trap rap pumping out of the surround sound system. She stepped from behind the back of the stage. A wave of hazy show lights, pinks and blues, washed over her as she walked towards an empty booth and took a seat.

Up on the stage, two of her girls—identical human twins who were new employees—were dancing and lip-syncing along with the current track. Malcoma smiled to herself. Welcome home, my darlings, she thought.

"Looks like they're havin' fun, eh?"

The madam turned her head to appraise the approach of her trusted bodyguard, Damris Inkari. "They deserve it," she agreed before focusing back on them.

"So do you."

Her short laugh got lost in the tune. "If I wanted to have fun, I'd charge more for my body." She doubted any of these Coruscanti bottom dwellers—even and especially the ones from the upper districts—would pay the premium she had in mind, and there was quite a bit of money to make.

"That's not what I meant."

Before she could ask for clarification, she saw him raise an arm out of her peripherals. "Oh no..." she groaned, adding two and two, and scooting back on the bench. The sister closest to her was beckoning to her. Damris wrapped his hands around her and pulled her to her feet. He walked with her towards the stage, only letting go of her at the edge of the stairs when the twin had taken her by the hand. "Mikka, please."

"No way! Dance with us!"

Despite her initial hesitation, dance she did. It didn't take more than a few bars for her to start feeling herself, then a few more to cast her gaze from the ceiling to the crowd. She scanned slowly, looking for any recognizable faces...

Mother karker!!

She eyed the entryway right as Judah Lesan Judah Lesan walked through it.

So much for having fun.

She finished out the song, but when it changed, gave Mikka a kiss on the cheek, her sister a squeeze of the hand, and sauntered off stage. As she stepped down the stairs, she adjusted the Wampa fur scarf lining the deep v of her blazer. Part of her hoped that someone would intercept her on her semi-beeline towards Judah. She had kicked many patrons out of the various clubs she owned over the years, but she didn't know how to how to handle this particular case.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

V I G I L A N T E
blue-div.png

judah-temp.png

Late nights left to his own devices did not seem as fun a start to the story as one would think when it came to Judah Lesan. Most of his free time was spent researching some new job that he could keep himself busy with. Crime, Sith, ancient history, Jedi artifacts, and the occasional diplomatic stint, kept Judah occupied where his imagination would otherwise get him into trouble. He had one other favorite pastime…

…keeping tabs on his friends and those he cared about.

A quick search for one such friend revealed there was a club opening. It seemed the blonde madam Judah had recently fallen in with was spreading her wings further. Business would be good for her. Normally Judah should have frowned upon her line of work, but she did something most refused. All of her girls were there of their own accord, many freed from a life of slavery. He could not always condone what his friends did, but in this case, Judah was proud.

That was why he had to ensure he made an appearance. Judah knew that Malcoma had others around her that would frown on how close she had gotten with a Jedi, so that was the first thing he would address. The Jedi kept his attire from being to stand out. He looked good, and knew he did. It wasn’t a vanity thing, just that he knew the crowd better than he should. Malcolm was involved in a life that was similar to his past, before being a Jedi. This was one crowd he knew he could fit in.

He walked into the door unannounced. It was already getting busy. His eyes landed on the twins just in time to see them pull the blonde bombshell up to dance with them. Judah walked through the door after watching for a bit. It was good to see her actually enjoying herself. The last time he had seen her in person had not been a fun time. His intent had been to slip in unnoticed, but her eyes landed on his. It did not take long for her to smile to dim and to paint a target on his forehead.

Judah ducked around a couple dancing and headed right for the bar. If she was to intercept him, then she was going to have to earn it. The Jedi was not there for any reason other than to enjoy himself, and to support his friend, and occasional business partner. Whatever it was they were, Judah knew enough that he could keep whatever appearances he needed to in order to keep the woman out of trouble with her other associates.

“A Merlot,” he said to the barkeep and slid a card toward the man. “Give this to your buyer as well. I happen to own this vineyard and if you are not stocking LeStar in this club, you’re missing out.”

Okay so maybe his cover was also a little self serving. Either way, Judah was certainly not there as a Jedi, not tonight.

He looked around the club for Malcome as he raised the glass of wine to his lips. The way the blazer fit her, Lesan was going to get as many peeks as he could. One thing could be said about the blonde madam, she was absolutely stunning.​

Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division

7rqb4Uj.png

Dedata walked over bridges, her eyes thankful for the polarized anti-flash screen on her visor. Coruscant was a good world to lose yourself in but it was simply to bright in this city world. Final touches had been completed in the back office of her own business, a legitimate business but also a front. A good investment if anything, it was across the bridge to the star lounge. However that was not where she was heading, It was hard not to over hear to of the cyberdocs talking about Edens club opening tonight.
hasQc3m.png

Of course she did her research to find out that the owner was someone in the family. It was enough to spark curiosity, in more ways than one. The woman honestly was trying her best to go out at least once in a while. Dedata knew she had to brake this social anxiety, well less social the woman would remain to not talk to people in the normal sense. She preferred to use her datapad to communicate. Something she stuck too, anything that could identify what she looked like or sounded like was a risk. Also people are less likely to talk to the quiet people.

Reaching outside the Brothel, her attention moved to look up at the sign then to the que, a long one. She typed on her datapad before approaching the bouncers who was controlling those who was going in and doing checks. "Part of the family. Am I able to skip the que?
4TsQGPK.gif
"
Dedata was careful and made sure only the bouncer saw it. The weequay in white and black read the message then looked at her. His eyes taking notice of the red neon lights on her collar. He recognised the symbol of a tree the family used.

"Yeah kid, just gotta check you for weapons first." She nodded in agreement. It was easy when you never carried one around in the first place. Once given the all clear she walked on in seeing dazzling lights, people dancing and the entertainers onstage. As a song faded out to move onto the next it was not hard to notice the woman stepping off with a white fur around her neck she was adjusting. Dedata recognised her from the research and was the woman who owned this establishment. She looked around a bit more standing there like a lost kitten trying to find it's way. She was trying to work out the flow of people and how to best navigate through. Slipping her datapad into the large bag attached to the front of her thigh, Dedata went on the move.

"Dee lower internal sound." She said speaking to the VI as it followed the woman's command. It was nice to have a sound proofed helmet, able to control sound to her own liking and not worrying about giving commands to the software that her helmet used. Not that anyone would hear her with how loud the music was. After weaving through people Dedata reached the bar. Once again she slipped out her data pad and typed. "Chandrilan Blue 439, Leave me with the bottle.
4TsQGPK.gif
"
She placed the tablet onto the bar and waited to be seen.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse

Uscru's topside was fun, but he was partial to the right part of the lower levels.

Nothing like a bit of decadence to get the blood pumping, you know? As was his way, there were already a few substances making their way through his veins, but he felt mostly sober - he must be developing a tolerance. It would be more apt to say that you passively suppress certain detrimental effects. Or maybe not. Either way, he needed a drink.

Making his way across the floor to the bar, he leaned against it while eying the dancing twins - and the blonde that briefly joined them - apprecietively. "Something good and strong. I'll pay extra if it's excellent." At no point in the order did he deign to look at the bartender. Whoever it was, he expected them to do their job invisibly like any good servant.

Giving them attention was a surefire way to make them start thinking of themselves as equals.

Open to Interactions

"-And then I said, 'Do you think maybe the reason you keep trying to eat my brains is because you don't have any of your own?!'"

Levi laughed alone as his unamused audience (a bartender) refilled the Devaronian's drink for the nth time.

"Anyway, I filed for divorce shortly after. And then she tried to kill me. Again." The tale was recounted with a wistful smile, like a fond memory. "Anzati women. Ain't nothin' else like 'em." He raised his glass, then downed the shot with a grimace.

Yeah, he was definitely over it.

Levi looked around; Alas, the bartender was off to busy themself with patrons. Just as the thought to leave nearly crossed his already inebriated mind, a double take revealed a new person standing near him. A new person to share in his woes.

"...You ever been in love, lad?"
Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin | Others?​

Yu Karloo

Y

Yu may have been a lady, or at least purported to be one, but she enjoyed her share of debauchery. She was, after all, a pirate queen. It was no surprise, then, that when Yu learned of the grand opening of Eden's, the Nautolan was pleased to support such an enterprise. The Family had ties with the proprietor of the club. The nature of such a connection had yet to become Yu's business, so she didn't ask. The Donna offered information as it benefited the Family, a practice by which Yu complied.

Arrival at the club came by quiet but luxurious means. Yu was not accompanied by the crewmen that served as her bodyguard. The lady pirate was confident that security at the club was sufficient, especially if the Family was involved. So, going solo, she approached the Weequay standing watch under the chromed arc, sifting through the queue. Garnering his attention, she proved her affiliation with the Family, Indulging the thug to pat her down in spite of the impossibility of any weapon finding a hiding place in her snug leather dress. A quick scan through her clutch and Yu was stalking through the club entrance.

Just inside, the Nautolan lingered, glistening midnight black eyes drinking in the establishment. There was a lovely routine playing out on stage, twin dancers and the woman Yu knew to be Malcoma, though they had never met. Yu had her sources of information too. A pleased smirk touched her lips. Far from a dive, Eden's did not veil what it was, but embraced it and kissed it with class. Her gaze spotted an unexpected guest. The cat-eared helmet and delightfully snug bodysuit betrayed Dedata. How curious to see the extreme introvert in a club. Yu admired the girl for stepping out and mingling among people, even if she wasn't fully interactiing with them. It seemed as good a time as any to engage the woman herself.

Sauntering over to the bar where Dedata sat. Yu retrieved a mini-datapad from her clutch. With a light tap on Dedata's shoulder, she smiled. "Hello." She offered, then lifted the little datapad, waving it slightly. She knew Dedata could connect up with the device without a blinking. It would allow the two of them to communicate via text more easily, hoping Dedata would find it more comfortable.
HlLr6G6.png

Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin Levi Levi

Starlin staggered into the Eden Club already reeking of booze. Pausing before a mirrored wall, he took the time to run a hand through his curls before stumbling over to the bar, where he didn’t take a seat so much as lean against the counter. He opened his mouth, intending to order a… uh, what was he going to order again?

An absinthe,” he slurred.

“Hang on a minute,” the bartender said. “Look, man, you can barely stand up.”

What’s the matter?” Starlin growled. “Your conscience won’t let you serve drinks to a drunk? Then you should be in another line of work, man.

The bartender frowned, then turned away to make the drink. Starlin pulled his jacket tighter around himself, as though he’d been touched by a chill.

"...You ever been in love, lad?"

"Heh, yeah," Starlin muttered. The speaker hadn't been talking to him, but he answered all the same. "Twice."

A glass full of cloudy green liquor was set in front of him. He took a sip, wincing at the bitter medicinal taste. "First I was in love with a..." He hiccupped. "A crusader girl. A beautiful, holy maiden. Too holy. When I wouldn't convert, she wouldn't let herself love me." Another sip. "Then I fell in love with my best friend's girl. He disappeared on her, and for a little while I thought we might be able to have something. But then he came back..."

Looking for a moment as if he were so lonesome he could die, Starlin suddenly picked up the glass and downed the entire thing in one go. The fact that he was still sitting upright afterwards was either a testament to his constitution, or a sign of sorcery.

Aaaand now the bar was getting crowded. Not that she hadn't expected it to, but she'd hoped to have met her contact by now and hopefully be gone. She checked her chronometer again. He was only an hour late, but that likely meant that he'd either already found a faster way off-world, or whatever he was running from had found him. At least the pre-loaded gift card that had come with the contact info had gotten her past the line, and had actually been loaded up with enough credits for a few drinks and a meal, even at these outrageously expensive prices.

Prulesa took her finger from the straw in her dink she'd been playing with and sucked down another quarter of it in a long pull. She felt so out of place here, underdressed (or over considering how little skin she was showing) and not having a good time. She had dug out her nicest and least-scuffed clothes for this meet, but there was no hiding that she was a spacer first, even with the lip gloss and eye liner she'd found tucked away in her hygiene kit. Naturally she'd had to check her blaster at the door, it was just rude to have those in a place full of drinks, annoyingly they'd taken her knife too which fed into her frustration as she checked the time again. He was still late.

"You ever been in love, lad?" Yup, that was it, the last straw. She downed the last bit of her drink and stood without looking to the person shouting across the bar, it was time to find a table and get some proper food. Helmet girl probably wasn't going to get hit on, and neither was the Nautolan, and considering she was alone.... Although she figured that maybe she was safe as she scanned the room. Considering what the other women at the bar were wearing, she might have been the safest one there after all. Instead of leaving she sat back on the stool and leaned her back into the bar. She's just order here on the next pass, no reason to take a table all to herself.

Had he ever been in love? Arkus was about the dismiss the question with an arrogant 'every time I look in the mirror' when a strange drunkard started ranting about his love life as if anyone cared. Worse yet, he was ugly drunk, at least in Arkus' opinion. The worst kind of drunk, in other words - well, besides unconscious and/or soiling every available surface.

"Sounds like you have terrible taste in women, pal." Love is for the weak, worm. It is nought but vulnerability.

Arkus himself was hardly any better, of course. No surviving family, few to no true friends, and the closest he came to romance was a series of unhealthy or downright destructive flings with a mixture of lowlifes and socialites.

Hey, at least he was having fun along the way, eh? Drinking deeply from the beverage he had been handed, he turned to the Devaronian. "Anzati women, eh?" Sipping his drink thoughtfully, he nodded. "Sounds like a good time."

Levi watched the man next to him speak. Except, he wasn't speaking. Well, there was a voice. But it wasn't matching his lips, and he was fairly certain he wasn't so drunk as to be hearing things, was he?

Oh.

Levi craned his neck a little farther to see it was another person talking. Excellent, all the more people to share a drink with, then. He nodded in solidarity with Starlin's heartbreak, though Arkus's comment about the former's taste was enough to make Levi laugh. He wrapped his arm around Starlin's shoulder, giving an awkward side hug to the man who seemed like he might as well be dead inside and out.

"Ahh, now this here's a man who has bloodied himself upon the double-edged sword of love. Stings, doesn't it? It's our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness. See, love is built on those layers of contrast. Love, my boy, is inherently a contradiction. That's what makes it so exciting."

He reflected on his own drunken poetry for a beat before Arkus brought Levi's focus back to his own history, "Oh, you shoulda seen her. It's funny it ever worked out to begin with. Me, a thirty-something corsair way in over his head. Her, a three-hundred-something brain-sucking contract killer." Still clinging to Starlin with one arm, he used the other to gesture broadly at the imaginative scene painted in his recollection, "We met with her trying to murder me, so I suppose its fitting it ended the same way. Funny thing is, I wasn't even one of her hits, she was just hungry. Persuaded me to come along for a few drinks, but I guess after enough deep conversation she realized my gray matter was much more interesting where it was. Mix that with a bit of career fatigue, and I convinced her to join my crew shortly after." Another moment of reverie, then he jumped to his own defense, already aware of how most people would react to a meet cute draped in so many red flags.

"It wasn't pretty. But it was love. Our love. For a while anyway. A-And that's the thing about love, it isn't always pretty. Sometimes it's a big karking mess." He gestured back to Starlin, driving home his original point about the contradictions of romance, "Now, it doesn't always involve your wife murdering people for sustenance, but in this case it did!"

"Sounds like you have terrible taste in women, pal."

"Go climb a tree, you simpering, pampered, limp-wristed, celery stick... fucker," Starlin said. His drunken state probably made it completely incomprehensible, however.

Then the dude with the horns who had asked the question in the first place grabbed Starlin's arm and started rambling about love. His speech was full of the usual platitudes. He also told the story of his Anzati ex-wife, which just made Starlin stare at him in inebriated incredulity. At the end of the horned gentleman's speech, he grinned and bluntly quipped, "Did she ever try to do anything else to you with her tentacle proboscis thingies?"

"Oh!"

An exclamation cut through the bar's ambience near Judah, but then the voice dropped off.

"...uh?" A familiar Kiffar stepped in front of the disguised Jedi from somewhere off to his side. "Sorry, you look like someone I know," she said with a knowing smile. "I'm Sonti. Thanks for making it out." She reached out as if asking for a sip of his merlot and rose a brow playfully. There was no question she was one of Malcoma's girls, and learning well at that.

Part of her hoped that someone would intercept her on her semi-beeline towards Judah.

Malcoma wove through the crowd bit but bit. She had just about reached Judah when her silent prayer was answer by some god she didn't believe in. She sighed, her relief quickly getting lost amongst all the noise. Two feminine figures she recognized by description only were huddled at a stretch of bartop nearby. "My friends!" she called out as she happily amended her path to approach them. That particular phrase was of course code for Family. "It is so good to see you." She motioned over the counter to the bartender, placing a wordless order: her usual. As he slunk away to make the drink, she let her eyes bore into the back of Judah's head across the way.

That man was dead.

The madam probably wouldn't even get a chance to do it, either.

She turned back to her Family members, glancing from Dedata to Yu. Her eyes lingered on the Nautolan's leathers before floating back up to meet her gaze. "Malcoma Hesse."

Last edited:

Kyell Laysel

K

WnZMuU7.png
Tag: Open
Is this the right place?
Kyell looked around the club and took note of the people, the music, and the atmosphere — yeah this was the right place, alright. He still wasn't sure why he let those Padawans convince him to give it a shot, but he needed to get out of his shell at some point, and what better way than to visit a club full of people and possible situations that could cause him to awkwardly make a fool out of himself?
He sighed, took a deep breath after, and decided to play it safe — he went straight for the bar.
But that's also where the first problem came up... he had to order himself a drink. While the bartender looked at him expectantly, he flashed an almost goofy grin and pulled out a datapad, on which he typed the name of some random drink he spotted on the menu. He had no clue what it was, how strong it was, but he really hoped it wasn't going to knock him off his feet.
Kyell then looked back up and showed his datapad.
{"I can't talk, but I'd like to try this drink I typed below here"}
Hoping nobody would give him a hard time about this, he smiled and put the datapad down on the counter. Everything is okay so far... nothing awkward has happened, and I think I'm not drawing that much attention, he thought to himself.

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
ABeaypD.png

Tag: Open!

The Club!
All the Weequay bouncer received was a cold, hard death stare from Marcella. After a small spat with him, she finally gave in and agreed to a weapons check, although if he had the audacity to lay a finger on her, she knew just where he could shove it. Incidentally, she was not armed however she did discreetly indicate towards her necklace, a small indicator of her involvement with The Family.

After the bouncer acknowledged the sign and gave the go ahead, she let out a sarcastic "
Thank you!" before cursing under her breath. Tonight's
outfit strayed from her usual suit attire, she felt like it would be more appropriate for the venue than furs and expensive materials.

She eventually made it inside after her ordeal with the bouncer, the club was wonderfully busy and her first course of action was the bar! Upon reaching the bar she vied for the bartenders attention, keen on getting the alcohol flowing as soon as possible. Eventually electing to simply be patient, she nosied around the table to see if she recognised anyone and to her surprise she recognised three individuals who she was still unacquainted with, Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse and Yu Karloo.

The bartenders could not have been more busy, as she waited for their service to grace her, she took out an
Ivory cigarra from her tin, lighting it while covering the lighter with her hand. Swivelling her chair slightly, now looking around the club at the large number of patrons, lit cigarra in mouth, she thought to herself 'Drinks first..'

Last edited:
Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division

7rqb4Uj.png

The bartender would finally get to her slipping a tall glass filled with a sparkling blue liquid. Obviously Dedata transferred the credits and a large tip all thanks to the coffers of Rendili Stardrives. She slid her datapad back into her hands then turned to look at Yu who had approached. "Hello Yu. Didn't expect to see you here. How are you doing
4TsQGPK.gif
"
She typed then showed the datapad to the woman so she could read it. After a moment she bought her datapad back down then slightly lifted the red part of her helmet forward. Anyone hoping to sneak a glance at what species she was, or curious to determine any indication of her appearance would be sadly disappointed. All they would see was an extendable straw. Most would think it was a strange thing to have on a helmet, however it was something Dedata wished she had on the first.

The woman could just over hear the drunk ramble on. Though it got her thinking, she did like someone. A fine and special woman who stole her first kiss. The thought of that night made her smile. The only one who knows her real identity. Though that was both ways. Had her face not been covered the bright red cheeks would have gave away that she was indeed thinking of someone special, given that she had yet to take a sip of expensive wine.

As she took her first sip another person appeared or rather it was the lady of the hour. "Miss Hesse. Congrats on the new club. Not my kinda scene honestly but after I saw a friend was opening a new club, I felt it would be rude not to slip by. Besides I have one or two things to celebrate myself and I am trying to get more accustom to being around people.
4TsQGPK.gif
"
The gesture Dedata did one would assume she giggled by bringing her free hand up to her helmet. The woman slid her datapad into view of both Yu Karloo and Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse .

As she waited them to read. It appeared someone was taking a note out of her book almost. It was hard not to notice someone else in a bar using a datapad to communicate. Interlocking her fingers and pushing out, a series of clicks could bearly be heard over the music from cracking her fingers. She swtiched screens showing an unreadable text.
suFiFTp.png

It took a few seconds for the code to run then she was inside of the mans device. She looked around for a second before discovering his name was Kyell Laysel Datapad. There was also extensive research on sheet music. While at first she wanted to play a simple practical joke however she had a better idea. Leaving her slice in place so she could look at more information later she swapped screens once more. Her attention moved stright back to Malcoma. "Don't suppose you have a piano in here do ya? That guy over there just looks so out of place and with a little peek. Well the kid is into some serious sheet music.
4TsQGPK.gif
"

Interacting with - Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Yu Karloo
Tags - Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Ranna Sejast Ranna Sejast Levi Levi Zelannia Arcrin Zelannia Arcrin

The exact contents of the insult was lost on Arkus, but it was clear the drunkard was being rude. Petty beyond belief, Arkus ordered a large glass of whiskey and slid it over to the man. More alcohol ought to be amusing.

Content with his life choices, the young Tetan returned his attention to the sappy Devaronian.

"Fascinating beings, the Anzati. I have wondered how that whole thing must feel."

Exactly the kind of not-at-all worrisome thing normal people said in a bar. Arkus was, after all, a pillar of the community! A noted philanthropist, if his tax records were to be believed. Not that he was personally involved in taxes. Yuck.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

V I G I L A N T E
blue-div.png

judah-temp.png
Judah kept his eyes fixed on the blonde for a moment. He wanted to see where she would go, but was interrupted by another familiar face.​
Sonti.​
He had not gotten a name the last time he was in the club, but he would never forget that face. She had been there when the goons showed up to shoot up the club. Malcoma had helped to calm her down, and that was when Judah first met the kiffar. She motioned to the wine, as if to ask for a sip.​
Judah waved the bartender back over.​
“Another for the lady,” he said, sliding a little closer.​
“Judah, and I believe we met very briefly the last time I was here.”
He smiled just as the glass was set in front of the young woman.​
“Your boss isn’t going to be upset if I buy you a drink, will she?”
It seemed for now Judah and Malcoma would keep a wide berth from each other. At some point their paths would collide, and Judah would make the best of it when they did. He was not there to cause a scene however, simply in support fo someone he considered a friend, or whatever they were.​

Levi responded to Starlin's question with disgusted bewilderment, "Eugh, hell no! Are you crazy? I think that crusader girl might've rejected you for more than your lack of church attendance."

He leaned in closer, accentuating his words to ensure the point got through, "Son, she uses them to poke people's brains. Living, sentient people's brains; Turn them into a slurry, and then slurp it out through their nose… What makes you think I would want those things anywhere near any part of me?"

The other fellow's musings did not seem to raise any concerns from Levi, however. Then again, this was the same Devaronian who married a woman that tried to kill him, "She always called it soup. So I just assumed it was like a bowl of nuna gumbo. Then again she also called it the 'Sea of Memory', so that was a little bit more abstract in interpretation. Something about the absorption of thought, the Force, stuff like that. It always went a bit over my head. But those Anzati are wild about it. A real pillar of their society, all that brain fetishism."

"Why, thank you," Starlin muttered as the whiskey from Arkus was passed his way. "You're still a prick, this'll just sterilize the wound." The bartender watched with a mixture of concern and disgust as he drank.

"Eugh, hell no! Are you crazy? I think that crusader girl might've rejected you for more than your lack of church attendance."

Starlin laughed. "I never said I was into it, man. You're the one who married an Anzati. 'Sides, isn't this a whorehouse? People who frequent these places aren't exactly puritans, that's for sure."

"Fascinating beings, the Anzati. I have wondered how that whole thing must feel."

"This guy definitely would let her stick her proboscis in him," Starlin muttered under his breath, taking another sip of his drink. "As for Anzati, I once met a guy who was one of those, only he'd never had a taste of soup. Dude was thousands of years old, and as chill as can be. I figure the soup thing is just like any other addiction, except it involves killing people and eating their memories. Anzati don't need the soup to live, they're just addicted to it."

Yu Karloo

Y

"Hello Yu. Didn't expect to see you here. How are you doing
4TsQGPK.gif
"

A light chuckle bubbled from Yu. It was Dedata that Yu was surprised to see in such a social environment, and a brothel to boot, even a high-end one like Eden's. Regardless, the Nautolan was happy to see Dedata, and nodded with a smile. "I am doing well. And beware, you never know where I will show up!" She teased Dedata, one large black eye winking at the helmeted woman. Her hand shot out and gently but firmly grasped the wrist of a passing bartender. "Bespin Fizz, darling." She ambush ordered for herself. It was then that the two women were graced by the appearance of none other than Eden's proprietor.

"Well hello, It is a pleasure to meet a friend." Yu replied to confirm their Family association. "Yu Karloo." The Nautolan offered with a small nod and charming smile. Yu did not miss the laser beam fix of Malcoma's gaze at a particular man across the room, registering the fleeting incident and saying nothing. Instead, her gaze shifted to Dedata's datapad. Since there was more than just Yu in the conversation, she tucked her mini-datapad back in her clutch.

"Besides I have one or two things to celebrate myself..."

A quirk curled the corner of Yu's smile. She was curious about what the woman had to celebrate. But before she could ask, Dedata was already back at her datapad, digits swiping and typing with precision. It seemed that Dedata was true to her reputation, and was already gathering information on interesting patrons of the brothel. Yu scanned the bar to try to identify whom the info broker had hacked.

As Dedata revealed her message to Malcoma, Yu's gaze fell to another woman not far down the bar. Another she recalled seeing among the Family events. The woman sucked on a cigarra, and then Yu remembered that she owned a cigarra business... among other things. Fiora, if she recalled. The brunette carried herself with social grace, with a bit of edge. Yu caught the woman's eyes and nodded in greeting.

HlLr6G6.png

Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom