Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Original Sin: Take Two

Alright, she'd promised to be more sociable, but the bar was getting a little too crowded for her and it looked like people were either talking about something she didn't want to or already friends, which wasn't something she wanted to intrude on. Besides, she was already aggravated at missing out on her transport contract. "Here, you can take my seat," she said to the blond Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse after they'd all greeted each other. "I think I'm going to move to one of those empty tables and eat." Taking up her own drink, she moved over to the nearby table and began glancing over the menu and the stage show both.

This was better, she thought enjoying the padded chair as she made her selection. Still, her eyes drifted from the stage back to the group of women, wondering who they were. The helmeted woman was particularly interesting. There were plenty of species that needed enviro suits in 'standard atmo' but she didn't see any life support. Perhaps she was just shy. The straw was new and likely meant she was just fine with the environment. The other two carried themselves with an easy confidence but she couldn't place much more than that. Realizing she was just people watching, Prulesa went back to watching the show before she was caught staring.

Kyell Laysel

K

WnZMuU7.png
Tag: Open
Kyell had no clue that Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree had hacked into his datapad — he wasn't tech-savvy at all and even if he was, he was far too focused on what all was happening around him. The loud music, the dancing, the people, and how they were dressed... it was quite overwhelming for someone who typically kept to himself.
And maybe it was for the best that he didn't know. People finding out about his music or training notes wasn't too bad, but the mere idea that someone could look into his incredibly awkward one-way messaging history with Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan would have likely gotten him to self-exile himself into some uninhabited world in Wild Space.
But for now, his fairly calm demeanor remained intact and with his drink and datapad, he began to walk over to one of the many boots on the main floor. He sat down, relaxed, and took the first sip from his drink. But that's when his eyes turned to the metal pole in front of him that extended up into the ceiling.
Why is there a- wait... wait.
The Padawans who had put him up to this had told him this was a good place to meet people, but he had no idea just what kind of club this really was. He blinked, looked around the room again and a lot of things suddenly began to add up quickly. He swallowed and even though his drink was far stronger than anything he ever had before, he began to drink a lot faster.

Fascinating. Saner minds might have been disturbed by the implications, but Arkus took it all in stride. Cannibalism was not a particularly fun taboo to play around with, but if immortality came with it? Well, he wouldn't exactly say no.

Sure, they might 'just' live for millennia as opposed to true immortality - but same difference, really.

He had never understood how some beings lived for aeons without getting killed taking risks.

"How delightfully unusual. Maybe I'll meet one someday, preferably without getting my brain eaten." He doubted it was possible to become one, but hey, you never knew unless you checked. It was hard to sort myth from truth.

"Proboscis over crusades, any day." Not that repressed crusaders could not be fun.

Ordering another, even stronger drink - some sort of Corellian beverage that resembled starfighter fuel - the bartender looked ready to object but wisely decided not to. Arkus was the kind of guy who regularly got people fired.

"Here, have another." If he wasn't feeling it already, he would be soon. Fun stuff, really.

Levi seemed genuinely surprised by Starlin's claim that their current establishment was anything more than the bar they were drinking at, "Is it?" He turned around to watch the other patrons, many attended to by entertainers of varying degrees, "Huh, how about that."

The man was already drunk when he got here, having simply migrated from one location to another. Apparently, unaware that this one might have had any alternative sources of income until now. He snatched the fresh bottle meant for Starlin and poured himself another shot. About halfway through the drink he nearly choked himself, "Sorry, they DON'T need it to survive?"

He threw his hands in the air, "What the hell! She told me that if she didn't eat people's brains she'd starve and die! All these years later and she's still finding ways to trick me."

There was a lull as he processed the information, followed by a deep sigh and resigned shrug, "May any Anzati you meet be as exciting as she was. Sure, she tried to eat my brains, but when she wasn't doing that, things were pretty great." After it all, he still latched on to the best parts of their time together. If nothing else he ought to be commended for his steadfast commitment, even though it seemed to be at odds with rational thought in the process. "Today would have been our 20th anniversary. So here's to that."

Another shot incoming.

"Proboscis over crusades, any day."
"What the hell! She told me that if she didn't eat people's brains she'd starve and die! All these years later and she's still finding ways to trick me."

"Y'all are both trippin', man," Starlin muttered, watching with a furrowed brow as the creepy white boy attempted to get him more drunk, only for the Devaronian to steal the drink away. "Anyway, I gotta go. Looks like the cops are here."

He got up and slogged out the door as fast as he could in his (very) inebriated state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom