Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Infinity | CIS Dominion of Cularin (V, 39)

Dauntless.png

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boot Exclusive
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword
Tags: [member="Aiden"]
xVXAam.png

Strength and capability. Alwine knew she had both of these things. Yet to return to Stewjon, to aide in its change… Was she ready to take on something like that? Was she truly the right person to stand by Aiden's side as he began to change the society upon the planet which had been her prison since the day she was born? Those were big questions. Part of her wanted to snarl, to demand once more for the planet and everything on it to be burned to the ground. But the better part of her knew that such requests would be silly. And that part considered…. She had been for some time now questioning her will to become a Warrior like her brothers. Certain gifts, Alwine had. She could use the Force. Yet the more she practiced with it on the battlefield, the more she could not help but wonder whether it was where she belonged. She had been doubting this for some time now, though she had not had the opportunity to discuss it with her brothers. What if, once removed from Stewjon, there was more that she could be other than a weapon wielder?

And to have the opportunity to do this while bringing change to Stewjon, while ensuring that the future children who grew up there would not lead the life she had led, cloistered, secret, even if they were not Lupines…

"I…" she found herself stumbling, "I would." That was the essence of it, wasn't it? "But I will ask this of you… Will the offer still be relevant a few days from now? I will not join you on your mission because of a passionate speech. There are thigs you have said… That I require time to consider. And I would speak with my brothers before making a final choice. Stewjon was as much their prison as it was mine."

She glanced away then, looking at the children. What would her life had been like had such a change come to Stewjon two decades prior? Or even just a decade prior?

Tag: [member="Alwine Lechner"]

Silver-green eyes began to glow slightly as Alwine slowly relented. The truth of his words were simply that. Aiden was taking his brother's assessment of the woman on faith, but he had also done his own research. Yes, she was younger and less experienced than perhaps her brothers. However, she held a higher devotion to her craft, to improving the quality of her life. He cared not for the free-for-all inclinations of her brothers, but he could respect it as their choice, their path. The Sith Lord had much more influential goals in mind for Alwine.

"The offer is but for you, Ms. Lechner. It will be waiting until the day you choose to accept. There isn't exactly another better suited, and I have no desire to accept anything but the best." Aiden nodded to Alwine as his gaze drifted to the sparring children as well. "I understand. Take what time you need. I have other affairs to attend to before I officially arrive on Stewjon as is."

For a few moments, Aiden allowed himself to think about whether he remembered having such an interaction. Randomly, he commented, "His life will be different than mine was. I knew nothing of social exposure at that age. In fact I was nearly a full grown man by the time I was dispatched on my first assignment off world. Perhaps he will be better for it..."

Then again...perhaps it would be the boy's undoing.

Fiolette Fortan

F
BYOO.png
Getting down the well didn't seem to be too much of an issue. Among the uniformed individuals at least three descended down the well. A few others stood watch, another observed through a tablet while the team from Forard returned. Quietly they began to pack while the team that had gone down the well now worked to take samples of the ore and minerals.

The Sith Fortress team were now en route back to the main site. Their samples had been collected and logged remotely. Speeders could be heard rushing through the plains that now took up most of the nearby plateau. The remainder of the team at the site kept tabs on the cargo as they loaded up. Checking off samples that had been taken and sending information back to headquarters.

Back in the well, samples collected and secured would begin to make their trek back to the surface. Lines tugged let the above ground team know that they were done. The site itself now cleaned up, as they awaited the well team's arrival.

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

Alwine nodded. Aiden would give her time then, to discuss these matters with her brothers before she game him her final answer. He would be busy anyway, so that would give her a window to think about how to even raise the matter with them in the first place. They had dreamed with her, encouraged her, to learn how to wield a weapon. They trained her in the middle of the night in dark forests so that no one would discover them. She owed them, but it was not about owing. She wanted to talk to them, to hear what they had to say, what insight they could offer. And to prepare, mostly mentally, to the idea that she would have to step on that planet again, after swearing to herself that she never would unless it was to destroy it.

As Aiden commented about the boy's life, Alwine blinked. "Or he will return to where you both were at the time, and forget today has ever happened," she offered, and then looked at her own little version, trying so hard to prove herself with a sword that she still could not control, did not yet even know how to properly grip, though it would do nothing to douse the fire out of her eyes as she swung it, "I hope she will remember nothing. There is no way for her to leave Stewjon, and to endure what we endured while counting the years… I should have thought of it before I told her she would someday be free of the place. Better to not know, in her case, until it happens."

Allies: [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Aiden"]
Addressing: [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

There were two newcomers that made their way into the camp, and the large man specifically was exactly like the kind of fellow who would be perfect at taking care of an infant, at least to a teenage Hapan. Tempted to tap him on the shoulder, she thought better of it as he seemed distracted by another member of the Confederacy, a comely blonde with ruby lips.

Tmoxin just stared as Madalena pulled out knife, heart kicking up a few notches, wondering if she were in danger, but then the woman sliced into her pants and off they went.

“That’s unorthodox,” the Hapan redhead said with husky tone of judgement. “But I suppose it will work. And you’re right about that. Babies don’t come with instructions.”

Neither do older daughters, thought Tmoxin, recalling that she did have a child from a forced arrangement with a Ren Master who blackmailed her in order to use her DNA as a clone.

“Well, if it were up to me, I’d order my Mirari bodyguard droids to go send that infant back to wherever you found it. And I don’t care how many children are here. None of them belong on this assignment.”

Yes, the older Tmoxin would have let a smidgen of her maternal instincts kick in and try to figure out some way to keep these younger members, including the baby, safe somehow. But the nineteen-year-old social climber with a heart of ice was losing patience.

“In fact if you can just leave the baby on my ship, I can have the droids… I don’t know, rock it to sleep or something. But the main thing we need to focus on is our mission. What is your name anyway?”

Someone had to take charge from all of this foolishness!

Dauntless.png
Near: | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | Boo Chiyo

The ivory haired Exarch looked down at the strange children without batting an eye. It wouldn’t occur to her that one of them, much like her younger self, did not belong. One of them had a snake-like thing curled about his neck and it took her a long moment to realize that it was an amphistaff. Interesting. As far as she knew the CIS had not encountered any significant Vong technology since the incident on Rodia. Perhaps it had been acquired then. Perhaps, elsewhere. “Hello.”, she responded, head tilting, as as the one with the snake greeted her.

Srina was the unsung Queen of odd salutations. She held a peculiar way of thinking that often caused others to pause and wonder. Her theory in this situation logically stated that younglings liked to keep each other company. These two fit the bill. She reached into one of the many pockets of her silver and blue attire fished out a rather obscene amount of credits for such a humble task. “Thank you. Her entertainment is of little concern. I only need you to ensure that she remains unharmed.”

Realizing that Rin had actually listened to her and stayed in the tent she pointed toward the partially open flap. “In there. She’s in there. Try not to underestimate her…”

Srina knew herself. The throbbing in her jaw from when the youngling had sucker-punched her was a stark reminder. Even then, she had been top of her class and aimed to be just as adept in martial arts as the rest of her family. Since the blue-hued twins seemed appeased, at least, for now, she started to relax. Ever since they’d arrived in this system Srina had felt an undeniable sense of unease. There were so many people that had come to the system that she found familiarity in everything.

She recognized the signature of [member="Tmoxin Temi"]. The flame-haired Hapan flashed in her mind’s eye, close, but not so close that she could see her in a physical sense. Srina just knew she was present. A flare of warmth came to follow soon after. It belonged to the Vicelord who seemed to have found her without trying. He had a miniature version of himself in tow that he sent into the tent after Rin. Kark. Her eyebrow twitched. For some reason, the two of their past selves, clearly plotting against them, made her a little perturbed.

At least the younger form of her Master seemed to be obeying. As the boy left his side Srina approached the much taller Sith Lord with practiced ease. Power emanated from him in the same way that eloquence radiated from her. She reached for him, as she always did, and tried to keep the unease out of her tone. It was clear that this bothered her…“What is this?”

“There has to be some cosmic rule about existing in two places at the same time. How do we fix this and put them back where they belong?”

Exarch Version: Rin [Tiny Srina-8 Y/O]

Rin was sitting in an overstuffed chair with her arms crossed. She couldn’t believe how hard-headed her future-self seemed to be. Boring, silent, and cold. Just like Mother. She wore a plain training gi and had a small vibroblades clipped to a harness that sat tightly about her form. Her waist-length white hair was pulled back into an intricately braided ponytail. Silver eyes burned holes into a particularly boring spot on the floor.

A male voice caught her attention and her eyes snapped up. Fierce, as ever, with an almost hawkish response she pulled back when offered a handshake. His skin was dark. Not as dusky as most Thyrsians but it was enough to give her reason to hold suspicion. “…Suilad [Hello]…”, she greeted slowly, taking in his cheer, and relaxed body language. He didn’t seem to want to cause her harm.

Her apprehension slowly faded and she slid out of the chair so that she could stand. The young warrior bowed at the waist, clutching her hand over her heard, so that she could introduce herself properly. “I am Srina Talon of House Vail. You may call me Rin.”

She stood back, back straight, and let her quiet gaze flicker over the boy. Rin did not take his hand. Not yet, anyway. “Did they lock you up here too?”

“I’m apparently too young to fight.”

The roll of her eyes was so heavily exaggerated that her annoyance could almost be felt in the air. It wasn’t true. Every Echani could fight. From cradle to death. Rin knew that her future-self was just trying to keep them safe but it was frustrating to no end. She could do things. She could be useful. What could be so scary outside this tent that an Echani couldn’t handle themselves?

Aiden did not avert his gaze from the children as Alwine spoke. He did, however, nod his head casually. "I can understand that impulse. In fact, I may very well agree. It is likely better if they go on living their lives with no knowledge or insight into a potential future." Motioning around the area, Aiden finally turned his bright gaze to regard the small Lupine. "The simple act of even seeing this could have far-reaching consequences as you've indicated, but who is to say whether or not they would be negative."

Shrugging lightly, Aiden redirected his attention to his younger self before he caused serious physical harm to the young Alwine. Unlike young-Alwine, young-Aiden had been heavily vested in over a year of combat training by this point in his life. When the Sith Lord spoke, he did so in the tongue of the Ancient Sith. "That is enough, Aiden."

The teenager paused for a moment, affixing his older self with a look that crossed between shock, irritation, and defiance. The teenager chose to reply in Paecian. "You do not command me!"

Aiden's response was immediate, seizing the child with the Force as he clamped the strength down, specifically, on a specific area of his leg. Aiden remembered taking a rough fall from a cliff when he was practicing his saber techniques. Bertrand managed to mend him...but only partially. The old man left a stinging, constant reminder of his foolishness that took a significant amount of time to heal. In fact, Aiden suspected the man had actually taken steps to prolong his suffering in order to keep him motivated. The elder Aiden focused on that spot now, watching as the teenager writhed in pain as he attempted to keep from screaming. "You will learn humility and control at great cost, little one."

Eventually, Aiden released the teenager. The teenage Aiden struggled back to his feet, beads of sweat forming on his brow from the pain as he stowed his weapon. Reluctantly, he nodded to the much larger man but not before stealing an irritated glance at young-Alwine.

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

"For her, they would be negative," Alwine said quietly, "there is nothing she can do on Stewjon other than go through the witch trials again at an earlier date. And an earlier date may very well mean she will not be rescued from it. And telling a child to wait patiently for years can seem like worse than Hell to the child."

She did not have to know Ancient Sith (and still did not recognize the language either) in order to know what Aiden said to his younger self. Some tones and phrases traveled through so many languages, but reprimanding younger children seemed to be identical all over. The corners of her mouth curled into a little smile.

Both present-Alwine and past-Alwine rolled their eyes as Aiden used the Force on his younger self, but did not interfere. Present-Alwine, quietly, once more hoped that when the child returned to whence he had come from, he would remember none of it.

She turned to Aiden after he set the boy down, wanting to ask him another question, when a presence that was strangely familiar crept beneath her skin. She turned her head to the side to look, just in time to see a woman form out of thin air.

The woman looked at both of the adults, and at the children, recognizing all those who were there.

"When are we?" she asked them both, "what was the last major event that involved either or both of you?"

Dauntless.png
With: [member="Adron Malvern"]​

The dark-haired female reached up and hid the eyes of her husband. Alessandra Malvern was many things, however, stupid was not one of them. She recognized that there was some sort of metaphysical disaster happening that had left her displaced in time. It made her curious. It had been a long time since she had seen her spouse like this. He aged well, likely, due to his connection to the Force but the state of the verse had subtly changed them both.

“Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you.”

She leaned forward to kiss the back of his neck. Alessandra had been married to Adron so long that she couldn’t remember what it was like to be without him. Her present self would not approve of this dalliance, however, this future version was far more enlightened. Any version of Adron Malvern that existed belonged to her. He always would. He was her other half, her partner, and beloved husband.

This Adron simply didn’t know that yet.

“Have you heard anything back from our troops yet? From the warship?”

Vaguely, she remembered this. Alessandra had chosen to accompany the CIS on a venture that didn’t really require her expertise. It was truthfully safer since most of their droids had become infected by the Calamity Virus. She hadn’t wanted to stay behind. If she remembered right she’d somehow gotten stuck helping others set up camp and get settled in. Without droids to rely on organics suddenly had a lot more to do in their absence.

She kept her hands over his eyes, letting him turn around, before she leaned in to kiss him. It was not a tentative thing. It was unwholesome, unadulterated, and luxurious in a way that bespoke years of practice. Her sudden and public affection might throw him off kilter, however, she didn’t mind. She liked watching him try and figure something out. Her eyes were wizened with knowledge she did not currently possess and her hair was much longer. Other than a few, “small” differences, she looked almost the same. Underneath the surface…Things were different. Her Force Signature was still mostly suppressed, as it always was, but only barely.

Only barely, because the charm around her neck was working to suppress more than just her abilities. It was working to hide away the little peanut sized life that was growing within. Another addition to the family.

Her hands fell from his eyes and her arms wrapped around him. Alessandra smiled into his Exarch attire and wondered if she might get to see him in his armor before her present-self realized that Adron was otherwise engaged. Surely, she would feel the duplication and come running. There was something that seemed to be keeping her from remembering how this whole debacle had been resolved…But it was of no matter. She had what she wanted.

If only her Adron was here as well. She could have two. At least, for a little while.

Aiden hadn't caught either Alwine's non-verbal reaction, but it was of little consequence in the long run. When Alwine turned her attention in a random direction, Aiden tracked the movement with his own eyes. Watching as a new figure materialized in the middle of the camp, the Sith Lord could do little more other than arch a curious brow.

For a brief moment, Aiden sensed a..familiarity. Sure, he'd only just met Alwine, but it was no massive feat to deduce the similarities between the two. In fact, they were immensely similar yet distinct at the same time. As the new arrival began asking questions that indicated a certain...awareness, Aiden arrived at the final conclusion. This was another apparition of someone already present. Given the timing and similarity of presence, Aiden presumed it was an older Alwine.

"Hmm..." At least in, whatever future the figure had arrived from, Alwine seemed to have thrived fairly well. "Operations on Aikhibba."

Aiden paused for a moment, attempting to recall a couple other recent operations which he had not participated in. "As well as a diplomatic outreach on Thaere Privo. I was not present, but I had hearned something had been placed in the drinks to...incite a flurry of abnormal romantic interactions." The Sith Lord's gaze did not shift to the present Alwine, but he'd certainly heard about a handful of specific individuals.

Objective: Make sure [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]
stays alive
Equipment: In signature

The moment blaster fire resonated through the air both women were already set to go, the two exchanging a flurry of hand singles as they moved in with the dominus. This was their element, a battlefield of unknown threats and objective, both able to know what the other would to some effect without even talking, one advantage of having a double of yourself in a fire fight.

Same could not be said for Cardinal and his double, from what little she had seen the boy was capable but somewhat reckless and child like and though it was somewhat true for her own clone at least she had an inhuman pain tolerance and healing abilities. "I hope today does not turn into a trouble some escort mission, those are always a pain in the arse... anyways Sarah take left flank, zap the turrets closer to you and draw some fire away, I'll take the right and disable the heavy ones". "Roger dogder, let me know when we bug out though' rather not be left in the mud".

Getting into position Sarah used her wrist mounted blaster and assault rifle to pepper down the nearby turrets, drawing fire away from the advancing trio before ducking back down. Though precise and unwavering automatic defenses were easy to fool and get around, their programing to take out the most prominent threat in the area which was currently her. "Diversion started, get up their and keep yourself alive, I'm flanking right to get rid of the defenses all together".

Letting the man take care of 'himself' Kurenai dived down behind cover, reaching out with the force to get a grasp of the different defenses, for the most part just a simple enemy identification network, easy to fry without causing other defenses like blast doors to shut. Conjuring the purple tendrils of force lightning Kurnai sent the sparking beams into the nearby turret, working it's way through the system, frying certain targeting software but not shutting them down completely.

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

Neither of Alwine's versions flinched at the mention of Thaere Privo. To the present-version of Alwine, it was a night that she would have preferred had not happened at all. But now that it had, it meant that she would sooner or later have to speak with the demon-twin, and while she had no intention of avoiding him because of the events that occurred during that ball, she did not quite look forward to it either. She glanced at her older version, wondering what she was thinking, but her older version's face remained neutral and blank.

"That happened," the older version said with a nod, "and the two of you are currently with the Confederacy, which still exists," she pointed at Alwine's armor, "so we are either of the same timeline, or mine is sufficiently close to yours, at least around the present time."

Turning to the present-version, the future-version spoke quickly, her words in a very matter of the fact manner. It was… Almost identical to how Alwine spoke at present, yet it seemed sharper somehow, more refined and experienced, "unless the timeline you are in is somehow exceptional, you will experience several more occurrences like today. And since you're me, you're already accustomed to it, have already worked the logic parts of it out, and are wondering what I can tell you."

Now she turned to face the large man, looking up from where she stood, eyes squinting. "She will take the job you offered her, regardless of what her brothers have to say."

Looking back at present-Alwine, who glared at her silently, she only had one more thing to add. "In one time line, I told you what would happen. The other version of us in there tried to avoid it entirely but ended up making it worse. Another version took other steps and avoided the bleak future all together. You do not feel like either of them, so I wonder. What would happen if I told you? Would matters become worse? Better? Remain the same? All I know is I am towards the end of my time. Lupines may only live an average of seventy years, but I am close to two hundred now, and enough is enough."

Dauntless.png
Wearing: Armor | Leather Pants | Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Hidden Wrist Blades | Knight Obsidian Sword | 4 Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Bestion Darklighter"] [member="Boo Heavenshield"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Alwine Lechner"]

x7K6md.png
Attn: [member="Tmoxin Temi"]​

Madalena wasn't looking at the people who were walking around the camp. Her Force Sense spread and she knew she'd be alerted if someone put her and the baby version of herself in danger, but other than that, the levels of care she had to give anyone were pretty much subzero as she held a little baby wrapped in leather in her arms.

"Again," she said, "what is the assignment? What are the orders?"

She had been given none. She was told to show up, and so she did, trying to get as many missions under her belt with the Knights Obsidian, wanting to advance, wanting her name to be known, wishing for recognition for her work. The recognition as already coming in, and she knew she was well respected and liked among the Confederacy, but it was still very early in both her life and the career. She was going to go to places.

"I'm not leaving the baby on your ship," she laughed, "I don't even know you. I don't know who or what's on your ship."

While her decline was harsh, her voice was soft and friendly, with an underlying tone of laughter. Madalena was, at her base, a super friendly person. She could enter a room full of people and smile, and know their hearts were hers. In most cases, anyway.

"Madalena Antares," she said, shifting the baby so she could hold her in one arm while extending the other to shake the woman's, "Pathfinder with the Knights Obsidian. And you?"

Everything that had taken place on the planet of Cularin were among the things Kaalia had least expected to experience here. As Darth Avacyn she had been tracking down a lead that guided her towards an artifact that was said to allow one to take a spectral form, perhaps allowing her to go further than just cloaking herself in the illusion of one. Now, however, there were many things that demanded much more attention. The CIS fleet had appeared in the skies above, but before the woman could even draw any conclusions about the repercussions of this, an azure wave rushed towards her and reached as far as she could see. Immediately she began her retreat into a nearby cavern, both as a way to hopefully avoid the wave in case it posed any danger and to camp out there until the skies were clear once more. Then, she would be going home. There was little left to investigate here.

When Kaalia made her way into the dark cavern and drew upon the Force to ignite a flame in her hand, however, she could do nothing but stare towards the young woman who had already settled down there in shock. She was a little shorter, and much, much younger, but that was where the differences ended. The striking red hair, the emerald green eyes, even the exact skin tone, it all matched perfectly. All that made their faces different was that her own had a few more years to it, and the scar that decorated her left eye.

Sitting there, was a sixteen year-old Kaalia Voldaren. Uncertainty and hopelessness were etched onto her facial features and that was all the Kaalia of now needed to remember the struggle. The loneliness. The lack of direction. Slowly she walked up and sat down in front of her, the inkling of a smile present on her own face.

"You seem happy. Confident."

The young Kaalia's voice was shy and fragile, but also hid careful wonder underneath it. Memories flooded the mind of the older her, and they were much more vivid than they had ever been. She nodded.

"That is because I am. I found the strength I needed to stand up against the galaxy."

The words were confident and her posture reflected that. Much had changed in the times between the ones of the two women sitting across of each other.

"Can I do that too?"

"You will do that too. You will find yourself and let nobody stand in your way of becoming who you want to be."

The young Kaalia fell silent for a moment, trying to process what the older her was saying. Things would get better, but she didn't even dare dream that was true. Even so, her curiosity demanded more answers.

"I want to know who you are, then. Who I am going to be."

"Only if you promise to believe me."

The answer came in the form of a nod.

"My name is Kaalia Pavanos-Voldaren." After a split second of confusion, the young Kaalia realized the implication of what she was being told and it left her dumbstruck. "I am married to the most beautiful woman in the entire galaxy, Ishana Pavanos. And well, you can't see it yet, but we will be having twins soon." The older Kaalia couldn't contain a smile, while her younger self didn't even know what to say.

"We live on a beautiful estate, where we have also built homes for various other family members. Oh, and not just Ishana's family. Our parents have a house there too."

"M-my, our, parents?"

"You will meet them one day. I'm sure they would want me to tell you they are proud of you. You're tougher and more headstrong than you think you are."

Tears welled up in the young one's eyes, causing her to wipe the sleeve of her jacket across them to combat the dampness clouding her sight. "So, so, I have things to fight for?"

"And nobody will be able to take you down. Besides, most won't even dare to stand up against one of the most influencial people in one of the powerful nations in the galaxy. The embodiment of its strength. And it all starts with this." She brought up her hand and pointed towards her scar. "It will set you on a path that will be difficult, one that will test your resolve and push you to your limit. But as long as you remember who you are, you will become who I am now."

"Then I will do what I have to. Anything to find my place in the galaxy." The tears kept flowing, but she had given up on trying to hold them back or wipe them away.

"No, you're not finding it. You're creating it. It won't be given to you, but you will refuse to let anyone take what you fight for away from you. Remember one word. Learn to understand what it means, and not just the definition you find in a dictionary. Learn to understand what it represents. Make it yours. Never waver from it."

"What is that word?" The question was asked like she was desperately reaching for it, so that she would have something to hold onto.

"Defiance."

Aiden's gaze was largely impassive as he watched the future-Alwine speak. There was something about the woman's mannerisms that spoke of a very intense underlying strength. The Sith Lord did, however, take the time to expand his own presence, allowing it to gently brush against the newcomer's. Almost immediately, Aiden was able to determine that, shocker, she was far stronger than Alwine in her present state.

As the woman continued to speak, the Sith Lord also determined that she did not seem to be shrouded by any real strength of darkness nor emboldened by the purity of the Force's more benign aspects. This revelation merely meant that Alwine continued as she was at present. When future Alwine informed Aiden that present Alwine would take the offered job, the Sith Lord spared barely a brief glance in the diminutive woman's direction.

The remainder of Aiden's thoughts were a wash until future-Alwine conveyed that she had been living over a hundred years longer than the expected Lupine lifespan. Sure, seventy was but an average, but two hundred was way above that...so far as to be nigh on impossible. "How is it you have lived for two hundred years...if the average lifespan is but seventy?" The question went deeper than that, however. Sure with access to cloning technology the woman could have gone on living indefinitely. There were other methods through the Force as well though...they tended to require a more firm devotion to some of the Force's more arcane aspects.

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

"I do not wish to know," present-Alwine said before her older version could speak. She glanced briefly at the past-version of herself, still standing next to the teenage version of Aiden. It was a mere few minutes since she had said it was better if her child version knew nothing. But here, with her future self… She could actually choose. Unless she changed too much, her future self would respect that choice.

So many questions burned through her mind. What was to be of her? What was to be of her brother and the auflque? What was to be with Scherezade, Endelaan, the key to the Lupines? Would she end up a Warrior? Was the future that her older version lived in beyond any of the options she had considered that could happen? Alwine did not know. Part of her yearned to though; whereas another part of her warned her harshly against it.

"Your instincts will almost always guide you correctly," the older Alwine said, offering a little smile, "you see and consider things that others would rarely even think of, and this ability will expand as you age and mature. Listen to yourself, lotha uss."

Present-Alwine nodded. "Make sure you are far enough that I cannot hear," she said to both present-Aiden and future-Alwine, "Lupine ears are very sensitive." She could already glean that her future self knew enough of Aiden to decide for herself whether to tell him anything or not. It was not her place to make any demands of either him or her regarding the matter, other than to not be involved.

Future-Alwine returned the nod and offered her arm to Aiden before leading the two of them away. They would have to be out of ear shot, and out of eyesight, of their younger selves.

"In my timeline, you are oftentimes called Your Majesty," she said when they were at last far enough, "but do not take comfort in that. In every timeline that I have visited or have been visited from, different people sat on the throne."

Coming to a stop, future-Alwine turned to present-Aiden. "I am as old as I am because your family has taught me how to use the Force to extend my natural life span. In my timeline, I became a part of your family, and for years I believed it was one of the greatest things that could have ever happened to me. And even before that, I was a dear family friend."

Aiden audibly snorted at the exchange between Alwines. If either were so concerned about the other knowing too much, telling the younger that their instincts were something to always heed and follow probably was a touch on the hypocritical side. However, he didn't attribute nearly as much importance to the concept as the younger Alwine did. In the end, even the understanding that an alternate reality existed would have an effect on the present. The moment someone glimpsed into the future, they inevitably changed whatever course their life had already been set upon.

Once they were out of earshot of present Alwine, Aiden turned his future attention to the future apparition. His initial reaction was...not exactly one of surprise. It stood to reason that one of the male members of his family would indeed rise to become King of Endelaan. Then again, it could have been much more than merely that.

He had not, however, expected the revelation of Alwine's connection to his family. Arching a curious brow, the Sith Lord asked a follow-up question. "You made the transition from friend to family member..." It wasn't really a question so much as it was an observation, a statement. "In your timeline, how did you happen to become a member of my family?" Aiden paused only briefly, deciding to clarify. "Who was the cause of you becoming a member of my family, to be specific?"

------

Meanwhile, another figure materialized near present-Alwine and the past versions of Alwine and Aiden. The flash of blue-white light eventually dissipated to reveal another large figure. While this figure looked nearly identical to the present version of Aiden, he was dressed in expensive looking robes of black and silver with crimson rings at the bottom of the sleeves. Future-Aiden's long hair was pulled back into a loose, low ponytail. His beard was roughly the same length but seemed a touch more groomed.

A large Sith Sword hung from his side, the hilt decorated with a symbol that Alwine wouldn't recognize. However, she would be able to plainly see the dark blue coloring of the weapon's blade. Familiar silver-green eyes flashed with recognition as they looked from the two children to the present version of Alwine. If Alwine cared to pay attention, she would note there was no shortage of warmth and perhaps a hint of longing to the gaze.

Naturally, the future version of Aiden had recognized the woman immediately, recalling this precise moment in his life with ease. "Alwine, dos lor zil ssin'urn zil usstan ajak," he stated simply and articulately in Lupine. Stepping forward casually, the Sith Lord continued to gaze down at the woman before briefly lifting his gaze. It took merely another moment to sense the presence of both his younger self and...a version of Alwine close to the one from his own time. "I see she..." Shifting his gaze back to Alwine, future-Aiden allowed his smile to broaden ever so slightly. "...has already arrived."

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

Present-Alwine was content to just do nothing for the span of a few breaths. While perfectly calm on the outside, the meeting with her future self and the little bit that she had revealed had her insides steaming and rolling. Her past-version looked at her, eyebrows frowning so hard that they almost punched each other, knowing exactly what the look on present-Alwine meant, but she opted to say nothing. Alwine knew herself the best, regardless of age or timeline. Her brothers had once said that she was the heart of the Lechner siblings. Alwine thought that was wrong – she was the rock.

Naturally, both Alwine's gazes moved to look at future-Aiden as he materialized, and both Alwines' nostrils flared ever so slightly for the briefest of moments. It was a reunion of time lines and moments. Alwine epected him to begin marching towards the present version of himself, but instead the gigantic man stepped towards her. She could not discern what it was in his facial expression when he looked at her, but then…

He spoke her language. She understood every word. Flawlessly spoken, the sentence structure sound, and… And he even had the right accent with every syllable that was pronounced. The words he spoke as he looked at child-Alwine barely registered in present-Alwine's mind for a moment, but when they did, present-Alwine moved to stand between future-Aiden and past-Alwine, as though to protect her child self.

"Dosst wiles phu' flattery," she said to the man, her gaze never flinching or moving away, "Vel'bol udtila nindol hass'l wun lil' ulin dos phuul dal?"

Oh, the very obvious answer to that question most definitely crossed her mind. And Alwine most certainly did not know what to make of it in that moment.

"Not you," future-Alwine stated as she looked at present-Aiden. Oh, there were things she could tell him of what had almost happened, of words that were traded, of plans that never came to be. But he had not asked, and she was not there to spin tales of nearly two centuries that may or may not happen in the current timeline that they were all currently conversing in.

Yet while her words were sharp as ever, now that they were further away from present-Alwine and past-Caid, her gaze had somewhat softened, her stand a little less harsh than it had been before. It was hard to ignore the respect and cherish that future-Alwine knew that she and Aiden would share with each other, even if not in the way that might have been hinted at before her answer.

"We used the key on Endelaan, after Scherezade became herself again," she told him, "the fifth clan was created, as promised, and as so delivered. As Caid and Brayden had said, the new Lupines were not exactly like the old. They were better. Stronger. Not prone to madness when not shifting. Lived longer as well. It was glorious.

But my refusal to forgive or even treat the auflaque in a civil manner caused a tension between Gerwald and I, a tension that could not be fixed. After several years, we ceased to speak. He refused to leave her side, refused to listen to reason. And while Endelaan flourished, Figaro Favoura descended into their version of hell. The Lupine Empire never rose and the Van-Dervelds crumbled, while the Lupine-X thrived.

But I could never properly enjoy this. Not without my brother, not without Gerwald being part of it, as he should have been. And Brayden… For all his joy and happiness with Faye, Faye died during childbirth, along with their child. Not even Scherezade could console him. For years it looked as though nothing would.

Brayden and I… We were friends before. And while our friendship had known hardships over the years, I somehow managed to reach out to him in his grief. He was never the same again after Faye's death, but he was… Less worse.

For many reasons and after even more years, Brayden and I joined in a bond of ruling. We did not love each other as lovers do in fairytales, but we had a deep connection that was hard to break. We had a child together. Beautiful Tiathild, who had the same hair as both of us, and whose eyes jumped between my brown and his shade of glowing green as per her will. She was a wild child, full of laughter and joy, and… And love."

The pain on future-Alwine's face was all too easy to red. She made no attempt at hiding it.

"The Lupine Empire would not have it. The jealousy of their stupid empress who had no more than a single barren planet caused them to open war against Endelaan, who was joined by Malagaar and many other planets. You led our forces to a swift victory. We all thought it ended there, that things would be quieter on that front so that we could shift our focuses to other threads.

We were wrong.

They sent a small team. Tiathild was sleeping over at one of her Lupine-X's friends' house when they took the children. They took those children, and more of them, and all the Lupine-X's they could get their hands on. Twenty one in total. And they managed to get them off the planet. We thought… We hoped…"

Alwine's voice broke. She turned away from Aiden, unable to look at him, to look at anyone. She could count the number of times she had cried in her life. She could split it by half and it would still not equal the amount of times anyone else had seen her cry. But that day, when they heard the news, when they learned of what happened…

"There was no ransom to be paid. The ship hey were smuggled on… It blew up, with our Thiathild on it… By the order of the Lupine Emperors."

The initial response of future-Alwine did not effect the Sith Lord very much. As it stood, he held no real element of affection for...well...anyone really. There may have been one that piqued his interest from time to time, but their interactions had been strictly professional at best, outright hostile at worst. Initial comments about some key being used on Endelaan did not immediately ring any particular memory in Aiden's mind.

However, as the elderly Alwine spoke of the fifth clan, the Viceroy quickly recalled a conversation via holocom with his kin. At the time, Aiden had little to offer the entire concept outside of a snort of derision. He knew little of the Lupine species, but, in his mind, if they were too weak to ensure their own survival, he had not seen why it should become Endelaan's problem. While Scherezade may have indeed made a promise to a lover that had, ultimately, betrayed her, was completely irrelevant. No Prince or Princess of Endelaan had the authority to drastically alter the society of Endelaan in such a manner.

As the story progressed, Aiden's thoughts diverged from much of what Alwine was saying. If nothing else, she painted herself as the perpetual problem. First, her inability to let go of useless rivalry had brought war and strife not only to her own family but to that of his and all of Endelaan as well. Then there was the revelation of the death of his nephew's love interest, a women that Aiden knew would become the young Prince's life-mate in rather short order. Aiden hadn't been sure about the speed of Brayden's devotion, but he would not deny the man his own heart; for it was his own to decipher and employ.

The morose tale got worse yet. There was so much death in future-Alwine's life. While Aiden understood that was the way of things, he couldn't quite see things going as the woman foretold. Aiden did not know Brayden well, but he knew enough about the boy and his beliefs. If the young Prince ever lost his life-mate and a child, Aiden rather doubted there would be any that could console him. Ever. He certainly could not see the young man bonding himself to someone out of necessity, producing yet another heir. Aiden had yet to see the twins together, but from what he knew of their infancy and the bond they shared...the lengths Brayden was willing to go to in order to get his true sister back... The man would simply abdicate any potential for a throne to another and live a life of solitude.

Then. There was war. The thought of it, admittedly, excited Aiden, but it was not a war seemingly fought over a legitimate need. A war over a species that was neither of Endelaan or his family. What was the point? Friendship? It was a foolish notion in Aiden's mind. Truth be told, his mind was already churning over a method to prevent this outcome. Fortunately, the plans he had for Stewjon and, by extension, the Lupine nation would inherently help to mitigate that potential future from coming to pass. "That was," Aiden started to say in response to Alwine. "Quite the recollection. There is much pain and loss in your life."

After a brief pause, Aiden posed an altogether different question. "Do you regret this life you lived? It sounds as if you ultimately ostracized your family because you could not see pass the personal choices of your brother. In the end it sounds like your race and a family, a people completely unrelated to the conflict of your species ended up paying for your squabbles."

----

Future-Aiden ignored the body language of present-Alwine. The two children, for the most part, did not matter to him. They were so far from any part of their lives where anything they would see here could genuinely affect their lives. Even if it did, there would be little anyone could do. What was meant to happen...would happen.

As a result, future-Aiden kept all of his attention focused on present-Alwine. His command of the Lupine language came from extended time on Stewjon and, more specifically, with Alwine. "Vel'bol udtila ussta flattery hass'l?" Future-Aiden stifled a brief laugh. "Dosst ssin zhah nau n'nehr kyreshorl wun ussta draeval taga ol zhah wun dosst ehmtu, Alwine."

Clasping his hands behind his back, future-Aiden allowed a thin smile to play on his lips. "Udos maunar natha yentil de' draeval ul'naus pholor Stewjon. "Usstan xxizz dos veldruk dosst galactic basic reztorm xuil ze'zhuanth sith lueth paecian. Wun shar'tleg, dos zao uns'aa bauth lupines. Dal dos, udos exchange experiences wun lil' cultures lueth lifestyles de' udossta zhahn, de' udossta families. Udos develop natha folggash lueth natha partnership nindel transcends lil' normal constraints de' professional interaction."

Straightening his posture slightly, future-Aiden considers telling present-Alwine the full extent of their relationship. Rather, the destination that it eventually, with time, takes them to. However, he elected not to both with the action. In his past, future-Aiden never even truly considered being involved in the bonding of mates. As of that very moment, he had lived a year in that reality with the woman before him. In fact, in his time, Alwine is pregnant with their first child. Yet...future-Aiden knew Alwine well enough to know there was a piece of information far more important to her.

"Dos convince dosst dalninuk ulu yutsu ulu ussta niece. Dosst clarg'arth begins ulu flourish feir do'suul natha mere draa families. Gaer zhah tension xuil lil' aulfaque, zil dos lar ilta ulu nindol tangi, jhal il zhah naut ji waela zil talinth il uriu lil' platform ulu press ilta dosinna agenda. Pholor Stewjon, udos beldro natha k'lar vel'klar dosst valyrin shlu'ta tlu vhaid tlu nintan, pursue jala wussrun'wa. Dos phuul natha daxunyrr ulu mzil nindel shlu'ta ajak lil' oppressive tangin de' Stewjon."

Allowing his thin smile to transform into a broad, warm grin, future-Aiden concluded his statements with one simple, overriding thought. "Dos doera lil' mzilst tounle aterruce usstan'bal rin'ov tha, feisty kal'daka."

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

Yes. There had been much loss in her life. Future-Alwine nodded quietly, knowing that even this tale that she had told present-Aiden was but a glimpse. The future was full of death and not all of it had to do with her. But he future was also full of happiness and joy. Between the Lupine Empire and Endelaan, it was clear to her that she had made the right choice, had been with the right people. There were but two things that she would have changed, and that was the matter of her brother and her Thiathild.

"I regret parts of my life," she answered truthfully, "not all of it. I regret not being able to fix matters with my brother. I do not regret the Lupine-X, nor do I regret becoming close to your own family. I do not regret coming to Endelaan and carving most of my future there. The work you and I did on Stewjon was great by any possible measure, but Stewjon was never my home, not even when it was the only place I knew. I tire of living. My brothers are already dead, and as is the only child I had borne. I've ceased to feed on the Force to extend my life. I might not have been part of the Family of Darkness by blood, but Endelaan is my home, and it is where I wish to be buried when my time at last runs out. And the Lupine-X… They belong there, as a creation of your niece, as a race that is strong. Their acceptance is not immediate, but after a generation and a half… Endelaan is their home as well."

Turning to face the tall man, future-Alwine simple regarded him for a few moments before speaking again. "And now you know what happens if we are of the same timeline. What do you intend to do to make sure that the bad parts of what I have relayed to you do not happen, King of Endelaan?"

Present-Alwine was very aware of future-Aiden's gaze upon her. When he described her beauty again she narrowed her eyes, wondering what sort of a future it was that he came from in which she was even remotely comfortable with such declarations. Oh, far be it from her to deny the man's claims; but never in her life had Alwine seen a reason to give that any sort of importance, and she was not about to begin now.

As he continued to speak of the future, the petite's eyes continued to glare at him.

"Udos develop natha folggash lueth natha partnership nindel transcends lil' normal constraints de' professional interaction." We develop a friendship and a partnership that transcends the normal constraints of professional interaction.

"T'yin dos zhaun uns'aa al z'lonzic wun lil' ulin," she finally said after a long silence, "lueth dos talinth ol zhah bekea ulu tesso uns'aa nindolen klezn d'lil ulin? Dos talinth usstan daewl zhaun de' vel'bol zhah tlu?"

As for the last part of his description… Alwine shook her head. She did not wish to be the savior of her species. It was a mantle of responsibility that was far and above what she thought was hers to carry on her shoulders. All she wanted was for the Lupines to thrive and to live her life, now that it was hers to live in. She had the matter of assisting Aiden on Stewjon to consider (despite what her future version said), she had her service with the Knights Obsidian to consider, she had… Well, she had everything to consider.

It was only then that has last sentence registered in her mind. Again she looked at him, knowing now what she had been suspicious of earlier. It was not the content of the words, but the manner in which he said it.

"Al t'yin," Alwine said, never lowering her gaze, "vel'bol xun dos ssinssrin dal uns'aa wun lil' present?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom