Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Infinity | CIS Dominion of Cularin (V, 39)

Tag: [member="Alwine Lechner"]

While Aiden shouldn't have necessarily assumed that Brayden was the King of Endelaan in future-Alwine's timeline, he certainly had based on the way she had conveyed the information. Specifically, her mention of a Bond of Ruling had registered to him as being for the purpose of ruling the planet, not merely the Antares Household. In truth, the realization caused the large Sith to relax slightly. While the future was never set in stone, he was relatively well certain neither he nor his younger brother Caid would be ascending to the throne in this timeline.

"Things are...different here, Alwine. I have no true aspiration for the throne of Endelaan." The statement was accurate, but it did not mean he hadn't envisioned an important role among his family between both Endelaan and Malagarr. That particular path, however, would invariably take time. "Caid is presently on Malagarr with Cersei and very well integrated into society there." At last conversation, Caid had conveyed to Aiden that he was quietly building influence and respect among the Warriors of Malagarr. Aiden knew this meant that Caid intended to ascend to the throne of Malagarr with Cersei in due course, albeit not in the most benevolent of ways.

"However, were it actually my decision to make, I would simply prevent the Lupine-X from ever existing on Endelaan until such a time as you reconciled with your brother regardless of his decision." Aiden paused for only a moment. "That would be...is...my position absent any of the information you've already provided. Yet, said information only strengthens my opinion on the matter." A casual shrug was the only visual response he had to offer Alwine. "Endelaan is not a refuge for those that have ostracized half of their species simply because they didn't like someone. Your personal family affairs need not be a burden shouldered by the people of Endelaan just because you don't like where you're from. This is precisely why I have asked for your help to change your homeworld, make it better, a place you can be proud to hail from. There is no logical reason for you to ever consider Endelaan home absent bonding with a member of my family."

It was an alternative to the notion of bringing the Lupine culture to Endelaan. That served no purpose other than to unduly threaten Endelaan absent the ability to wage a true war with another entity at the current point in time.

------

Future-Aiden, clearly, was not engaging in any form of true flattery. Flattery had a very distinct purpose, motivation. However, he would always say and do what he wanted. That certainly had not changed from the Aiden that Alwine was only just now getting to know.

As he'd expected, Alwine asked him why he was conveying information from the future. The claim she made in the Lupine tongue was that if he truly knew her well, then wouldn't he know of her wish not to know any of this information? The answer to her questions was, of course, yes. He knew that the present-day Alwine would still harbor her suspicions and bias about having knowledge of the future. However, that did not change the simple fact her fears were irrational. The Force ebbed and flowed constantly...there was no set destiny for any sentient in the galaxy.

*"Dosst nou'hai zhah irrational. Phor jal dkinoss, ril aterruce uriu lil' nezcau'bol de' detholir. Gaer zhah nau seke ul-Ilindith, dosst ulin zhah merely vel'bol dos morfeth de' ol. Wun ywrazz, gaer zhah natha gareth mayar nindel ussta sii'a self orn neitar doera uns'aa simply based pholor ukt conversation xuil dosst future-self. Udos jal raq'tus a nindol mon'tu wun udossta timelines, jhal udos jal ended phor wun endar places. Talinth nindel, dos phuul nausbyr dusqup nor destined ulu flohlu natha sei'lor colbauth."

Alwine may not have wished to be a savior, but it did not change the fact that in this Aiden's timeline, she became precisely that. It was a logical progression when one fixed a broken society, improving the lives of thousands upon thousands. The Lupine-X program was initiated on Stewjon rather than Endelaan in Aiden's time largely because of complications gaining acceptance by the ruling entity of Endelaan. There was still tension with Katrine, yes. The woman had her own designs on life, but she never gained the power-base to do much about it. In the shadow of the Confederacy, she was forced to accept only what she was allowed. Further more, it was useless for the woman to attempt a clash with another world or citizen of the Confederacy without invoking the wrath of the central government.

When Alwine inquired as to what Aiden wanted from her in the present, the future-Aiden's smile fell slightly. **"Usstan h'ros telanth vel'bol ussta current-self talinthe xor plans whol dos tu'jol rebuilding Stewjon, Alwine. Wun ussta draeval, udos attended natha party ul'naus. Natha wanu party vel'klar lil' dritalk zhahen laced xuil natha potion nindel ssuilus mzil klezn. Udos morfel ssinssrigg nindel isto harl lil' influence d'lil wlalth. Wun lil' kre'tan gaer zhahus mzilt explaining tlu xunor."

Glancing up from the present-day Alwine, Aiden allowed his eyes to settle on the two children. They had resumed playing and fighting. There was little reason to interrupt the two. The children would remember nothing of this day. The two adults, however, would remember everything. With his gaze still averted, Aiden finished responding to Alwine, returning his attention to her only once he had finished. ***"Udos avoided weth byr whol natha lotha rena hwuen udos ended phor ghil, pholor nindol tresk'ri. Udossta zhahn lueth ulin selves raq'tus. Dos orn'la nym'uer naust de' nind information, lueth usstan xuat zhaun vel'bol ussta ulin self a lil' draeval della dos. Dos orn'la neitar tesso uns'aa. Rilu'oh, natha genuine ssinssrigg xunus develop phor draeval. Jal'yur, dosst draeval zhah endar taga usst, ji usstan h'ros telanth vel'bol aiden talinthe de' dos. Rilu'oh, ka dos joros ukta, uk orn an'yui genuinely. Deception do'suul natha duucald dros'he zhah generally kl'eril ulu jal versions de' uns'aa."

------------------------------------------

*Your concern is irrational. Above all else, every creature has the benefit of choice. There is no true destiny, your future is merely what you make of it. In fact, there is a strong chance that my current self will never become me simply based upon his conversation with your future-self. We all arrived at this point in our timelines, but we all ended up in different places. Consider that...you are neither doomed nor destined to follow a set path.

**I can't say what my current-self thinks or plans for you beyond rebuilding Stewjon, Alwine. In my time, we attended a party together. A recent party where the drinks were laced with a potion that incited many things. We made love that night under the influence of the spell. In the morning there was much explaining to do.

***We avoided each other for a little while until we ended up here, on this world. Our past and future selves arrived. You would hear none of their information, and I do not know what my future self at the time told you. You would never tell me. However, a genuine love did develop over time. Already, your time is different than mine, so I cannot say what Aiden thinks of you. However, if you ask him, he will answer genuinely. Deception outside a combat purpose is generally useless to all versions of me.

Dauntless.png

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boot Exclusive
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword
Tags: [member="Aiden"]
xVXAam.png

Future-Alwine stared at Aiden as he gave his own opinion, his own set of plans, as though she'd asked for him. Her facial features were openly dissatisfied with what he had to say, with what he had to offer even if for her it would not change what she had lived through, what she had to endured. For a heartbeat, her muscles clenched, and an onlooker might have thought she would attempt to physically attack him.

And then future-Alwine smiled.

"We rarely agree on anything," she said, her muscles calming down again, her previous posture returning, "it was one of the reasons you kept me close during you rule. We would bicker entire days and nights on matters, both on Stewjon and on Endelaan. I will not pretend I make big choices in your stead; but when you made your choices, you were nearly always presented with every possible view, in part because of this. You are a good King in my timeline, and your mate is a good Queen as well. I was one of her Ravens for a little while before becoming one of your Councilors. She bore you many children."

"*Ril aterruce uriu natha detholir," present-Alwine shot right back at him, "quin nin usstan z'klaen brorn xuil ril detholir usstan morfeth ka ol orn lead ulu lil' ulin dos telanth de', xor lead tarthe dal ol. Ol zhah natha vigaj usstan kat joros whol."

Her face remained stern as he looked at him. If he had expected her to soften in any way because of his words or because of her version of her that he knew in the future, he was sorely mistaken. Alwine was hard to win over with mere words, and words were all the two of them had at present. It was all they would have, in the combination of these two versions. Her future self might have done much with the man, but present-Alwine had no intention of even touching him.

"**Naut ghil," she replied, "Ol zhahus xuil Brayden nindel lil' wlalth paken uns'aa phor, lueth uk broke lil' wlalth p'los jalbol uri'shoelt. Udos inbal quin ulu telanth sohna p'luin nindel isto."

Ask present-Alwine what he thought of her? The petite woman blinked, and then shook her head. What reason did she have to ask a man she had spoken with for barely ten minutes regarding what he thought of her? His offer had been put on the table and thus not redacted, which meant that whatever it was he thought, it was good enough for the position on Stewjon. Whether she would take it or not was another question, another choice. Whether even if taking it, she and Aiden would manage to turn it into the good place future-Aiden described was another open question.

"***Lu'oh mzil?" she asked, the suddenness of the question taking even herself by surprise. But she recovered quickly enough. "Lu'oh mzil dalharen xun udos inbal?"

*Every creature has a choice, yet now I must wonder with every choice I make if it will lead to the future you speak of, or lead away from it. It is a madness I did not ask for.

** Not here. It was with Brayden that the spell took me over, and he broke the spell before anything happened. We have yet to speak again after that night.

*** How many? How many children do we have?

Aiden merely arched a curious brow both at future-Alwine's statements and facial expression. "I'm sure I am very happy with that result in your timeline. However, I am not that man. I might never be that man, so it isn't as if you need to agree with me on anything. You asked for my opinion, and I delivered it." In the moment, Aiden was realizing that the conversation was rapidly approaching the point of diminishing returns. The only genuine questions he had...she had answered. Yet still, the conversation had done little to sway his opinion one way or the other.

As soon as he'd even remotely been briefed on Alwine's conversation with Brayden, Aiden had analyzed the pros and cons. The simple fact remained, Endelaan would assume all the risk and reap very little benefit. It the political landscape allowed for them to play host to a new species, he had no doubt it would be accepted. In the present state of things, however, there was no way that experiment would meet with anything other than...staunch opposition and outright slaughter.

Perhaps this version of Alwine had never spoken to Brayden about the embryos on Endelaan. The man had strong opinions on science experiments and those at least were his kin.

------

Aiden arched a curious brow at present-Alwine. In a very even, measured tone, he offered a simple response. "You asked a question and received an answer, but continue to live your life deep inside your own mind. You will come to find how ill that serves you in time." The use of Alwine's native tongue had, rather clearly, evaporated from the Sith Lord's desire.

With regard to the information regarding the spell, Aiden was silent for several moments before a deep, rolling laughter emanated from his chest. "Well. I don't think I have ever heard of or seen Brayden in my timeline care much of anything about any female other than Scherezade and his Queen, Faye Malvern. What is the status of Scherezade and Faye in this timeline?"

There was no attempt to win the woman over. It would have been useless for either Aiden to do this. Though future-Aiden and the Alwine from his reality had been forced to interact in a romantic sense during the party, they'd certainly not developed anything lasting for several years afterwards. In that time, Aiden had been with a plethora of women. There was in particular that had been...well...a central figure until she was not. [member="Naedira Darcrath"] had been the woman most believed would come to occupy a position at Aiden's side, but her inclination towards the more warrior-focused traits made it an unsuitable pairing just before future-Aiden ascended to his present position. Though he had not yet mentioned it, in this timeline, Aiden ruled over both Endelaan, Malagarr, and a handful of other planets as a new Emperor.

For certain, it meant that the Alwine of his time presently stood as an Empress among others. "Several," was the initial response he gave to the woman. "Only one since our actual bonding," was the clarification.

I am a son of the Mountain.
Objective: Defeat Starship Security Systems
Tags: [member="Kurenai Yumi"]
Cardinal's younger self had paused in his assault to hide behind a rather large boulder in between the tree line and the hangar before them. This gave the older man time to catch up as he moved to support him. To his credit, his younger self has managed to reach cover unscathed, while Cardinal himself had taken a few grazing blaster bolts. The older man was forced into a rather cramped kneel as he looked to the boy before him. "You want to die?" The question was spoken through the man's helmet, amplifying his voice over the raining blaster bolts.

The young man was about to speak, but before he could a large streak of purple lightning flew over their heads, forcing him to dig lower into the ground. He let off a loud curse in his native language as he watched the display. Cardinal held a hand up to ease his mind, what was most important now was taking that hangar. There was no way they could continue their inspection without disarming the defense network. "Listen to me. I will draw their fire. I'm giving you this window, use it!" His large hand was pressed against the man's chest before he pulled back from the boulder. Cardinal's hands were outstretched in front of him as the targeting computers locked onto him.

Green blaster bolts rained down on him, yet none found home as they seemed to slam into an invisible field that had been erected just inches from his finger tips. He watched as the bolts came, one after another, but not a single one would go through. It took up most of his concentration just to keep this barrier up, and it was noticeably draining on his stamina as well.

He called out to both his younger self and Kurenai. "Now!"

M'Tokala moved, this time with the wild speed of a predator possessed with claiming his prey. A few of the remaining turrets attempted to redirect their fire towards the younger man, yet they were too slow. By the time he had closed the distance he pulled his mask off and screamed with a rage-filled wail. Even under the hail of blaster fire Cardinal could hear the roar, and see it's effect. Several of the turret were ripped from their hosts due to the powerful shockwave that came from the younger man's lips. A few of the turrets remained, however Cardinal was sure they would soon be dispatched by Kurenai. The assault was quick, yet it had ended in a victory.

Objective: See to the Anomaly reports
Tag: [member="Alessandra Creed"]
Crystal blue eyes peered at the screen before Adron. He sat silently, staring at them as if hoping to decode some secret message. For the past few hours a strange slew of reports had filled his ears with events most would believe possible, save those who knew the power of The Force. Although he had spent a good deal of time looking into the validity of the reports, he had little doubt they were born from truth. Time was shifting on this planet, that much was obvious, and he did not need his connection to The Force to know that. He had passed a number of "doubles" on his way to the Communications tent. While it did fascinate him, there was nothing he could do until more information had been provided, for now he would have to work with what he had.

He idly rubbed the back of his neck before exhaling agitatedly. The reports from the crashed starship had yet to come in and until they did there was a hole in this scenario. A hot cup of caffe sat before him, small streams of steam rolling from the black liquid inside. He took a shallow sip of the drink, savoring the warm feeling that filled his chest before his focus returned to the screen before him.

Before his eyes could finish reading a full line, a set of hands fell over his eyes, blocking the screen before him. The presence that approached behind him had been familiar so it did not cause the slight chill that usually came when a stranger approached him from behind. The silk voice that sang a song of wonder only seemed to bring a close to the confusion, and a smile to his face. Alessandra. She had joined Adron here on his mission to take command of the camp. He doubted there was much reason for the Minister to accompany him, if anything it seemed she merely did not wish to be away from him for as long as this assignment would require. She heard no objection from the Exarch, she was always welcomed. His chest was filled with warmth again, yet this time it came from the question that the dark haired woman had asked.

"It doesn't do me much good to be in command if I do not see to my duties." He stated in a rich, thick accent that spoke volumes to the man's proper upbringing. Softly he crossed his arms over his chest, only giving the slightest decline of his shoulders as he leaned back into the woman's arms. A space where he found more than comfort, serenity. Peace was a lie, but in Alessandra he found completion.

His smile faded with the next question as he shook his head while within her grasp. "No. The Knight's combat transponders came online about five minutes ago, but no word yet." He gestured up towards the corner of the screen where a small symbol was highlighted to show his scouting unit was in combat.

He unfolded his arms, pushing himself to his feet but still the woman kept her hands over his eyes.

Something was different. It was not until his mind had a moment to clear from the soothing her presence brought him that he realized there was the slightest of change in Alessandra. It was as if the sun had set a few miles away from it's normal resting spot. Not dire, yet noticeable.

His mind was taken over once again when he felt Alessandra's full lips press into his own, demanding their equal. The kiss they shared was one they had shared a time or two before, but never in public and certainly never when one of them had been tasked to a duty. They shared their kiss and once it was over Adron could not help but lick the taste of her from his lips, his eyes finally being released from the darkness to reveal.....Alessandra. He was a keen eye, and in seconds it felt as if he drank in a sea of differences between the woman he had seen only a few hours ago and what stood before him. His first instinct was to reach for his weapon, change often meant danger, however he could not. As always Alessandra had that disarming presence that made him want to open up rather than defend from her.

"Alessandra." He toyed with the name as if it had been someone else different before him. No. This was the woman who held his heart, it was merely a question of when. He looked back to the monitor and realized in an instant what must have been happening.

"You've been displaced....like the others?" He asked, his hand rising to run through her hair which had grown a few inches. Her eyes kept their powerful gaze, that begged to be stared into until the galaxy's end came. His hand traveled up to her cheek where it rested for a moment before he pushed, ever so lightly, with the Force. The connection they had, it existed through space and time, it was eternal in the Force. He could see her mind as if a window for him to peer out of. It all became apparent, almost like watching a flash of your own future through the eyes of another. Once he drew back his hand his eyes immediately fell to her belly, where his other hand had absently moved to. "You're pregnant." The words were filled with a wonder he could not quite fathom, so he sat there with the smallest of smiles as he peered at her searchingly. He said nothing as he leaned forward allowing their lips to meet once again. Though it was not the Alessandra he was used to, it was his Alessandra and she carried his child. Even through his presence in The Force a great rejoice could be sensed.

Dauntless.png
With: [member="Adron Malvern"]​

“That’s such a shame…”, she trailed off lightly, though her tone was filled with an entitled bratty edge. Alessandra had long since gotten used to getting anything she wanted, however, she wanted it, and when she wanted it. At that moment she wanted him. His duties were droll, boring, and entirely not her concern. Not to mention that it was mostly automated. If something truly exciting or worthwhile happened she was sure the sensors would ping him. The technology was pitiable but it wasn’t that archaic.

While he seemed content to be close she leaned down to kiss the top of his head. She didn’t stop as affection flowed as easily as water ran downstream and her lips brushed against the top of his right ear. Her attentions were focused, familiar, as if she knew exactly what to touch or how much pressure to apply. When he wrapped his arms around her and their forms blended into one the dark-haired beauty could feel her body sigh in relief. She felt exposed without her husband, especially, while with child. Many of her darker abilities weren’t safe for an unborn baby. In this time, in this place, she had felt so…So Alone.

Until she felt him. His aura was softer now. The man he would become was stronger simply because he had to be. She had followed his essence. Everything he was in the Force—she had followed it home.

Alessandra felt at ease like this, even though, she’d deliberately stolen his sight for as long as he allowed it. She just to savor him being caught off guard. She loved every emotion he held and that was one she rarely got to see. When they broke apart, she could feel the change, and almost see the wheels in his mind turning. Crimson lips curved in their usual wicked smirk.

Even now – So intuitive. So smart.

“I am Alessandra…”, she confirmed lightly. The beautifully crushed velvet of her voice would deliberately try and find its way inside him. In his head, in his heart, she would wrap herself in all that he was. In the future, they often combined their gifts. Shared power. He would feel that pull of greatness when he touched her cheek. The want for some sort of release. His fingers moving through her hair would cause him to sense a faint tang electricity. A pleased sigh escaped her at his renewed touch to her face and she nestled into it. “I am your Alessandra Eva Malvern.”

She could feel his mind brush against her own and almost purred at the sensation when they blended seamlessly. He would see many things. Several happy, healthy, children. A home. A planet. Crowns and a House rebuilt to its former glory. She hid nothing from him. He was her lover, friend, and partner in all things. Not even death would part them. The wonderment in his expression when his hand touched her lower stomach was worth every bit of subterfuge. To be able to surprise him with the existence of the same child a second time? She bit down on her lower lip and smiled slow. Yes. She didn’t need to say it. He knew. When he leaned in to kiss her again a small giggle bubbled up as she kissed him back. His happiness rolled through her and she resumed kissing him over and over. “Two boys. One girl…”, she breathed sweetly, chocolate eyes singing with mischief, and no small amount of warmth.

Alessandra knew how ecstatic her Adron had been. She told him for a reason. It gave him focus. Clarity. A reason to keep going when it felt like he couldn’t. The raven-haired woman reached up and lay her hand on either side of his face. “We are happy. We are powerful…And we love each other.”, her expression, if possible, became more impish and she brushed her lips over his once more.

“…Several times a day.”

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

"No, you are not that man," Alwine agreed, "and you may indeed never be him. Yet with all the timelines that have visited or have been visited, there seems to be common traits shared by the same individuals. I have theorized that this is because if an order of these timelines exist, like the books of a library, all these timelines are close to each other, and the ones that are further away are simply much harder to reach."

Turning to look at the direction from whence they'd come, she could not see her present version, nor did she know that a future version of Aiden had shown up there as well. There were things she wanted to tell her younger self. Things that she thought that if she knew, perhaps there would be a chance for her to improve things, to make things better for herself. But no. Her present self would more than likely not see it like that, and it would more likely plan the seeds of doubt rather than make anything easier.

Yet how would the Aiden of the present react to these things? What was there in the future of this timeline? She had been taught to view past and present as the Great Web, had a deep understanding of how it sat together. But she was not a Seer, and she could not control or choose almost anything outside of her own short term decisions.

"Make sure she learns how to protect herself," future-Alwine finally said as she turned to present Aiden, "the strongest and fiercest of us crash so terribly when something finally breaks us. Your niece is but an example. Teach all the current generation of the Family of Darkness and those they care about to protect themselves. Your current strength lays mostly in the external layers, with very little in the foundations. With or without Endelaan coming out of secrecy, regardless of who ends up taking the crown, all of you have what it takes to be so much greater."

Raising a hand, future-Alwine smiled for the first time that evening. Already she was beginning to disappear back into her own time line. It meant nothing for the others who were there; some would remain for hours more, others had already vanished. She could extend this process for some time, she knew. But she would need a reason to do so.

The change in language had been sharp, and had not gone unnoticed. Something stirred inside Alwine's change at her abrupt change, but she said nothing, keeping it to herself. With Varrick prancing around the galaxy and truly enjoying it to the fullest, it was mostly Alwine and Gerwald who were left to use the language together, and Gerwald chose to very rarely use it. To use it so freely again, to hold an entire conversation in it, it had felt like a warm embrace, and now without it there was some cold. But this Aiden from the future was a stranger, and Alwine was a wall of strong metals against strangers.

"I know nothing of Faye," she answered, noting to remember that name. Was that who the woman at the party had been? "Scherezade has cast a spell to turn herself into Madalena. Brayden and I, with the assistance of Caid, are attempting to construct a full picture of what happened to cause this, and how the spell may be broken." After a few seconds, remembering something Brayden had said on Caid's ship, she added, "without breaking Scherezade in the process. Or at least more than her Jedi friend said that she was prior to the spell."

She had tried. She had gone to Silver Jedi space to speak with him, and it had not gone as she had dared hope it would. The Jedi Master treated her with suspicion, but she could not fault him for that. For all he knew, she was the sister of the man he saw as responsible for what happened to his friend. Unless she took pains to win his friendship and trust over time, he would never trust her. And since there was no attraction in the platonic sense, the kind that started a friendship on its own, Alwine wasn't even certain it was a wise investment of whatever time they had.

Her attention returned to the conversation as Aiden mentioned several children, but one after… "What exactly is a bonding?" she asked. The word described it well enough, but she had come to learn that there were so many different words to describe an official joining, and each of them had small nuances that indicated the difference between that word and others. Marriage, claiming, mating, bonding… It seemed people enjoyed making things unnecessary complicated. "And why did it come after most children were bred?"

Alessandra Eva Malvern.

A peculiar name to be heard, even to the man who had intentions of making it so. Hearing Alessandra's name paired with Adron's surname was enough to widen the smile on his face. He could see the enjoyment that she took from his astonishment but it did not make the moment any less than what it was. His hand continued to run over her belly, reaching out with a gentle push of The Force. He could sense the lifeform that was steadily growing within her and not once could his smile falter. His crystal eyes touched her own chocolate orbs before he leaned forward, pressing his forehead to hers tenderly. The flash that rushed through his mind, giving him subtle glimpses of a future to come were staggering, nearly to the point of overwhelming. The Force pushed them to the point where they felt like current events that he had merely not been privy to, it came to the point were he felt as if he was the one pushed out of time. This connection slowly softened to the point where their tethered emotions were all that remained.

Their lips met and broke several times before she revealed the number of children they had. Two boys and a girl. A girl. The thought actually intrigued him a bit as he gazed at his wife searchingly. "I have a daughter? We have a daughter?" Adron, who had grown up with a mass of siblings had always known he would have several sons to progress his family to it's highest point, however not once did he consider that he could have a daughter as well. As he pressed his lips to Alessandra's cheek he knew she would be as beautiful as the evening sun, with twice the fury.

At first Adron had been relieved to hear of the future's events, yet his hands met Alessandra's and he gave them a soft kiss before looking up to her. "I love you." The words were spiced with pure emotion. There was the truth of affection and admiration behind his words, however there was also the smallest hint of caution. He had created so much, he was creating so much, and as the history of the galaxy had proved it could all be taken away. That was something he would never allow, this he would defend with his very soul.

"Even when displaced...You find great amusement in surprising me." His hand would caress her cheek once again but this time the look in his eyes was something far more intriguing. "I can't wait." He whispered, pulling her back into the warmth of his arms.

[member="Alessandra Creed"]

When the world itself was falling apart, only then would the Exarch be dismayed.

Over their time together, the Vicelord had begun to have this rather high opinion of his favored apprentice. It mattered not which battlefield they faced or what enemy rose against them, [member="Srina Talon"] was perpetually the voice of reason. Perpetually unshaken in the face of impossible odds. Yet there was one - only one - occurrence where he had witnessed the alabaster woman lose rest. Only one occurrence where her resolve was shaken in the face of an enemy. And that occurrence was during the absolute decimation of the Galactic Alliance.

Between the assault on Coruscant which had blackened her lungs with ash, the panic of not knowing if her lover lived for those few hours, and the tireless efforts to rehome the lost...Darth Metus understood why her fortitude cracked. But it took literally a world falling apart for her to reach this point. All other challenges, Darth Metus knew they could handle. Together. Whether it was an army of stormtroopers or Time itself rearing its ugly head, they would find a way. They always did.

And in this moment, Darth Metus’ mind was racing. From what little lore he heard about Cularin, the nature of their predicament was not exactly unheard of. If ever there was a location in the Galaxy where Time itself was uncertain, it was here upon this distant world. However, the manipulation of Time was not something that he personally trifled with. But. There were always other avenues to success - always places to look when things seemed lost. Thuia [Breathe]… he whispered, briefly enveloping her in his arms. ”From what little I know, it is the nature of this world to spit in the eye of logic and laws. And I do not know how to right this.”

”But. Perhaps my Master would.”

It was not often that Darth Metus spoke of the departed Rave Merrill. This was due to the fact that, at least in the case of the alabaster woman, he did not pass down the Alchemist’s teachings. Very early on into their relationship as Master and Apprentice did Srina express...a disgust towards the practices he had Mastered. And from that moment, he had omitted the majority of Rave’s tutelage from her own curriculum - and with it, any true talk of his own Master. However, the one woman who tore open the dimensions to summon beasts the size of cities might have had a notion on how to rectify this error.

And so, he reached for his datapad. A few deft, one-handed taps saw him access the network of Akure Executive Interstellar, where he had stored a trove of Rave Merrill’s research notes. The overwhelming majority of these had to do with Alchemy and ways to push the art to the limit. But he was hopeful that somewhere in the depths of data there would be some mention on how to right this wrong.

blood.png

Isley the Younger did not have any of those worries.

For but the briefest of moments, his head swirled with thoughts of what his future life would be. Of what days and nights spent around the stunning woman outside would look like. However, as these things often went, his attention quickly snapped to the first thing he saw upon crossing the threshold. That thing being the young Rin Talon. After a cheerful introduction, the gi-wearing child bowed intricately to the golden-clad warrior. And that was enough to give the Mandalorian pause. He was not Mand’alor the Builder - and so he was not worthy of being bowed to. That much had been beaten into his skull by the local Gogi quite thoroughly.

Yet before he could truly protest the method of her introduction, the fresh faced girl said something that sent his world spinning. She, one who was clearly armed, was too young to fight? She, would looked to be similar in age as he, was too young to fight? Bullchit. Bullchit! There were vode half her size who could pick off a boar at thirty yards already! There was no such thing as being too young to fight!

”No, Srina Talon of House Vail, no one locked me up.” he said - too transfixed on the literal challenge to everything he knew to use her nickname. ”Big Me wanted to have a chat with the pretty lady outside. So I’m here!”

He paused, before tugging at the metal bracer which rested upon his offhand. This was the very same which housed his wrist rocket launcher and was down to its last shot. But it was a fitting shot all the same. ”I don’t know who fed you that lie, but they need a good kick in the shebs. You’re never too young to fight! On Manda’yaim, we fight the second we can crawl! Here, take this!”

He didn’t wait for permission and practically thrust the armament into her grasp. ”It’s a wrist rocket. Just aim it and squeeze your hand. Then, boom! You won’t be able to lock on without a buy’ce though, but that’s okay! C’mon, shoot something! Not me though.”

The words flew out of his lips at a mile a minute, culminating with a big, toothy grin.

[member="Srina Talon"]​

Objective: Banzai charge?
Equipment: In signature

The moment [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] voice sounded through the field both Kurenai and Sarah took aim, the world seeming to slow down as the two seasoned soldiers took aim. In those 5 seconds both women eyed up the many targets through the field, letting of controlled burts of slug thrower fire from their weapons, nailing the main threats with droid like precision as the younger version of the Dominus prime raced forwards. What came next though was a display of shear and raw power, Sarah going a little wide eyed as the devastating effects of the force scream, Kurenai staring blankly like usual, having become desensitized to such displays of power.

In a few moments the once solidly defended hanger bay was nothing more the a wreak, the two Yumis falling in behind Cardinal, the younger giving a small whistle as the mans handy work. "If that is you when you were younger I'd hate to think how strong you are now", she replied, "sooo, what is our plan here again? are you guys trying to find somthing on this planet? forgive me if I have no idea what the situation is at the moment".

"Our mission here is actually this ship Abigail, the CIS has had a virus infect it's main droid army, apparently this place it the origin of it or something like that, we of the Knights Obsidien were sent to investigation, you know before our past selfs suddenly appeared". Such being a question yet to answer, yes she had been caught in a time loop before on that one planet with the exploding reactor, but this was different.

The display of power that came from Cardinal's younger self had been effective, yet costly. A hot pain burned into Cardinal's abdomen, causing his hand to press over his Obsidian Strike Armor. When M'Tokala turned to face him he could see where the blaster bolt had grazed against him. In his armor Cardinal would not have suffered a scratch, but to the boys half-clothed and unarmored frame it was punishing. Seeming not to notice, he approached the group with a confident, yet solemn expression. "See? My way better." He said, smugly before Cardinal shook his head disapprovingly. He stepped forward, slapping the wound on the man which caused M'Tokala to flinch. Although it was felt by Cardinal he had expected the pain and was able to ignore it. "Your way, costly." He muttered, before his eyes fell to the younger version of Kurenai who stood beside them.

"I lacked discipline, but not strength." He admitted, before looking over to the opened hangar. Cardinal listened to Kurenai's explanation of their duties while he led them towards a terminal that was near the mouth of the hangar. "Here is what we need. You, you, stand watch." His hand shot to M'Tokala and Kurenai's younger self, while he beckoned the older woman to join him at the terminal.

M'Tokola spat out a slob of blood that Cardinal was not entirely sure how it had been earned. The crimson much fell near Cardinal's boot but the man did move to secure the hangar none the less, keeping his archaic spear close to him as he did.

"Was I such a welp?" He muttered, to himself before his helmet dematerialized back over his shoulder. He let out a sigh of relief before tapping into the terminal before him.

"Your younger self seems to be a bit different than you are. It's rather eerie to look into the past isnt it?" He questioned, before his eyes locked on the terminal.

Objective: Chat? what dat

Sarah snapped a short salute at Cardinal's orders, standing watch at what was left of the docking bay, but not getting to close o the younger man. Though not scared Sarah was not going to take any chances, the boy seemed very reckless, more so then she was and considering what he had done to his older self upon arrival, a little bit of a prankster as well.

Walking with the dominus Kurenai gave a small glance back to the younger versions, "different? more emotional I would say, she has yet to be exposed to a certain event the claimed many lives and brought untold horror to all around". "At the moment she is more a well worn solider, not a semi-apathetic cynic that I am". She didn't want to say it outright lest revel her true self to the man, but the horrible event she spoke of was the galaxy wide plague from 400 years ago. Her current self was living in the peaceful years before that event, the time when Alderan was being rebuild and everything was recovering from the One Sith wars from 100 years prior, it made sense she was more chipper.

"As for how I feel, I honestly do not know, that past was a long time ago and I have not changed a lot that much over the years until now, it more feels like looking into a mirror with a few cracks then seeing a completely different person". She turned back to face down the hallways before making one last remark, "Though that may be just me, I could see how you find it strange considering your younger self is a tribal and rash child". If I didn't know any better Id say you two were completely different people".

The terminal before Cardinal had given him access to most of the ship's systems. He tapped into it with relative ease. Most of the defense systems were outdated and would not cause an inspection team too much grief, however he figured it was better to just disable them all remotely. A soft beep came from the terminal before the entire ship experienced a massive surge. The lights came on for a fraction of a moment before turning off once again. When Kurenai spoke of her younger version, Cardinal let out an amused chuckle, though it did not come without an arched brow. "We're all cynical at some point. Life often shows you the truth of this. Of course I believe I was more of a cynic then than I am now." He admitted, before looking around carefully.

His hands continued to dance over the keypad as his soldier spoke plainly. She spoke of his younger self with truth, which only caused him to peer at the younger man closely. "We are." He said, before clearing his throat carefully.

"Where I grew up the only way to survive was to be savage....a beast. He's a product of that. I am a product of The Confederacy." Cardinal honestly did not care to hide his past. Of course he had things he would rather keep hidden, this was not one of them. If anything he was proud that he had ascended past his younger self.

The ship finally gave another surge, except this time the lights stayed on. While they were on Cardinal scrolled through the terminal hurriedly. It was not long until he slammed a hand into one of the buttons and chuckled softly. "There. I shut down the ships systems and isolated the AI In it's owns databanks. Let the scientists work out the rest." With that the AI and security systems would be unable to strike against any more of the CIS search teams, their mission was a success. "Well done, Knight." He said, nodding to Kurenai as his helmet materialized around his face once more.

operation-infinity-header2.gif
The mysteries of Cularin may never be uncovered. What caused this strange time displacement? Will the captured AI be able to release the destructive effects of the calamity virus? As the Knight's Obsidian secure the crashed warship it quickly become apparent there is more to this ship than meets the eye. With a small team they manage to isolate the technological wonder and render the ships weaponry inoperable.
Scientists and Engineers were dispatched to examine the nature of this strange AI and if it truly could cure The Confederacy's hardship. Only time will tell. With Camp Dauntless operating at peak capacity and the starship neutralized, Cularin's operations have ended in success.
Well done everyone! More great stories and as always your Admins are loving it and hope you are too!

Present-Aiden's gaze did not follow future-Alwine's. For the most part, he had little to say in response to the apparition. The Sith Lord was certainly no stranger to exposure to spirits drifting forth from the ether. In fact in his experience they almost always had their own agenda, their own...way of perceiving things. The simple reality was thus; nobody could actually predict the future. The instant you looked into the future, it changed. That was the only real inevitability in such a paradox.

"I will do all that I can to safeguard those that matter." The statement was noncommittal but truthful enough to satisfy all elements of the conversation. As the apparition of Alwine began to fade, Aiden simply turned and walked back in the direction from whence he'd originated.

------

Aiden nodded simply to the woman. "You will undoubtedly come to know her if you remain in proximity to ou--... Excuse me, to my family." The correction was not designed to do anything other than correct. Future-Aiden was used to a life where Alwine and he were bonded and actually shared a deep connection of love and happiness. The rest of the information, Aiden would not speak on. The journey to restore Scherezade was quite literally one that Brayden would have to undertake in his own way. In the timeline of future-Aiden, Alwine was not part of the final process. Indeed that was likely a large reason the Lupine-X was never created on Endelaan.

A smile touched future-Aiden's lips at Alwine's question. It wasn't the question so much as her questioning nature which he doubted faded from any timeline. "A joining of two, warrior and sorceress, either for the purpose of ruling or love. This happened after most of our children because of me. I held no ambition to rise to leadership of either Endelaan or Malagarr. However, as I lead our military forces in campaigns to expand to other worlds, eventually bringing about the resurgence of my ancestor's Empire, I challenged both my brother and nephew for the right to rule over the Empire in its entirety. My success was not complete until I joined another."

Future-Aiden paused for a moment as the smile on his lips temporarily widened at the memory of his time with the Alwine of his timeline. "You were an easy decision. I already loved you, but I was avoiding dragging you into the culture of my family. It was a mistake to wait so long. I should have just spoken to you about it much earlier."

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

His near saying of our family did not go unnoticed by the Lupine. She narrowed her eyes in response. While she would not make demands of a future version of Aiden to keep his tongue regarding matters he had already revealed, it was still strange for her to hear it. Never before had anyone uttered (or almost uttered, in his case) our family to her and had it include her in it, unless it was her brothers, in which case it referred only to the Lechner siblings. Her future self, she assumed, was more than comfortable with it. Had it cost Aiden much to get her to become comfortable with it?

Her attention returned to Aiden instantly as he began to explain the meaning of the bonding. As she had assumed moments ago, it had its own little nuances, its own meanings. She noted the name of the other planet – Malagarr – to memory, and wondered… "What do you mean, a warrior and a sorceress?" she asked, "you do not strike me a sorceress." Because naturally, while she was not certain that she was meant to be a Warrior as she had so been on Stewjon, she certainly knew that she was not a Sorceress by any means. "And why do you only speak of challenging other men? Is your niece not a contender to the throne? Your family is big, were there no other women who might have wished to rule as Queens?"

Again that smile. And again, that slight unsettling feeling inside of Alwine's chest. She had never harbored any such feelings towards anyone. When the girls in her village had swooned over the boys, she had no part in that, feeling nothing. When virginities were freely given away on haystacks, she had, again, not been a part of that, feeling no such desire for fornication either. She'd still not felt any of those two things since leaving Stewjon, despite meeting many people. She had simply… She had simply assumed that she was not one of those people who could experience such emotions.

"I will not pretend to understand what your family culture exactly entails that you would have children with me but not explain what getting involved actually means," she answered him at last, "but I am left to assume that I must agree. You should have told me about it much earlier. Important decisions should be made with as much as information available."

Future-Aiden could not help but laugh briefly. ”No, I wouldn’t seem like a Sorceress, that is your talent in my timeline. You seem to understand the concept of warrior and sorcerer well enough, Alwine.”

The young wolf’s next question briefly perplexed the Sith. Then again, as the timelines were not the same, perhaps the Alwine before him was still as yet on the fringe of understanding his family. If that was indeed the case of this time, Aiden would reveal nothing further. ”You will have to ask your questions of people from your own time. By this point in my galaxy, you already knew a great deal. Your first visit to Endelaan came shortly after this event on Cularin, matter of fact. I will leave you with two things. There is always a Queen of Endelaan and Malagarr just as there is always a King. If one falls, so too does the other. In my timeline, Scherezade had no ambition for the throne until it was too late.”

Even as the presence of future-Aiden began to fade, be made one final comment. ”As for you, Alwine Lechner, you knew precisely getting involved meant. I simply...did not ask you to join with me in such a manner until it was necessary.” Glancing in the direction of his returning past self, future-Aiden nodded. ”Good luck to the two of you on the road that lies before you.”

———

With that, Aiden’s future self was gone. Though present-Aiden could not yet see it, his past self was beginning to fade as well.

Returning to Alwine’s side, Aiden had just seen his future self dissipate when he made a simple statement. ”I see you had your own guest. Yours,” the Sith Lord started simply. ”Has gone as well.” In that moment he felt his past-self slipping back into the ether. Aiden paid it little mind.

Dauntless.png

xVXAam.png

He had misunderstood her questions. Alwine had merely meant that by the retelling of events by future-Aiden, he made it sound as though it was the men that decided, the men that vied for the throne. Based on what little she already knew of the culture and the family, this struck her as odd. With the troubles Scherezade was going through, it did not seem too farfetched that her desires to the crown would swell when it was too late, but to think that there was no other woman of the family who wanted to take the step forward struck her as incredibly strange.

Yet there was no time to explain her meaning. Future-Aiden took his farewells, wished her and present-Aiden good luck, and faded away. Alwine openly stared at the process. Their future versions might have experienced these things more than once, but this was her first time. She had not seen anyone appear or disappear in such a manner, and she wished to remember it. If on her timeline this would be experienced several more times, perhaps the others would be less… Interesting, in the way they were now. But if she was to be honest with herself, Alwine would have preferred that this had been the first and last time. These apparitions from the past and the future did little to help the present.

"I did," she answered as present-Aiden returned. Alwine turned to face him, her chin raised. "I hope that the timeline we are on will have no more such visits. They offer nothing useful." The future that the future-Aiden had spoken of was one that could easily be imagined as a possible option. Whatever future-Alwine had told present-Aiden, present-Alwine assumed it was not too far from the imagination of men either. And still neither of their telling of events that were to happen would ensure that such events happened or did not happen. In essence, they were nothing more than stories one could tell around a camp fire. What a waste of time.

Aiden arched a curious brow at Alwine's statements. It seemed a...narrow point of view, but he had no idea what her own conversation had held. "We forge our own destiny, but I think there is something to be learned from both the actions of the past and the possibilities of the future." There wasn't really a need to elaborate on the thought. Aiden certainly would act no differently just because of his experiences on this particular operation. In his own conversation, he'd certainly been highlighted as to the potential outcome to certain actions. Did this immediately change his opinion on the matter? He didn't particularly think so, but his was an analytical mind. No decision in the Sith Lord's life would ever come to fruition without some level of painstaking evaluation.

The soft beep of a datapad in his pocket prompted Aiden to withdrew the device, enter an access code, and thumb open the message. Bright eyes scanned the text quickly before the Sith Lord stowed the device. "However, we all have our own perceptions of our experiences." Aiden's meaning was simple. He was not arguing with the girl, merely presenting his own point of view. "I believe the operation is complete. Send word when you have made a decision on Stewjon."

The large Sith turned in that moment, proceeding back in the direction of his vessel.

Objective: Chat? what dat

She only raised an eye brow as the younger man about the whole talk on being cynical, "you clearly have no idea what I've been through to feel like such, but I guess everyone is different". It did make her wonder about Cardinals own past, what planet did he live on to be raised in such a tribal manner... unless the man was much older then she had originally suspected, come to think about it she still didn't know where he came from or anything else. His past seemed to be just as much a mystery to her and she was to him and everyone else in the CIS, she listened to his small speech like a student listening to a teacher, but it just seemed to raise more questions, even if she could personally relate.

"The enviroment you live in molds you to what you are, I can understand such a savage upbringing, to be honest that was how I lived a small part of my child hood, from there is was just war and fighting which is what has me here". Ture it was probably a much longer time frame but regardless the same principles applied, sometimes she wondered how things would have been if mother was around to raise her as planed, or if an older relative had found her before the civil war broke out.

For the next few minutes she stood by like a guard, keeping watch until the power of the ship subsided, from here on out it was not their job, such was the archivist and ministry for science to take hold. "Okay good this is all done, but what about them"? She replied pointing to their younger doubles, if they stayed here forever such would be strange... though it could help out with raising the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom