Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Sith vs. Galactic Republic: Invasion of Togoria OOC Thread

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
[member="Isamu Baelor"]

Isamu Baelor said:
If a writer takes longer than 24 hours to reply to their partner, they will be given a warning. If they take longer than 24 hours again, they will be disqualified, and a point will go to the opposing team. (Writers may decide on their own deadlines, however.)

Einarr Warscream Posted Yesterday, 06:58 AM
Arisa Yune Posted Today, 11:12 AM

there was 29 hours between [member="Einarr Warscream"] post and [member="Arisa Yune"] reply. at 24 he should have warned her then given her 24 more hours. SO it can not be claimed as a win per the terms of the invasion

It's the series of posts before that one, [member="Reshmar"]

[member="Einarr Warscream"] posted Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 4:19:00 AM

And [member="Arisa Yune"] didn't reply until Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:53:00 PM

That's 65 hours when rounded down, way above the 48 hour limit.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]
[member="Mantic Dorn"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Reshmar does make a good point though.

Was a warning given at all? If not then Arisa had no reason to believe the rule was going to be enforced. And given site precedence it shouldn't be unless that warning was made so she could be aware fully what being late meant. If there was no warning then by all means Arisa isn't accountable.

If there is complaint about that then go find everyone ever in invasions who allowed time extensions and ask Staff to never allow it again.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

In my experience and for a majority of people the time rule itself is optional as is evident by Cyrus for example. I've allowed people to have more time before too.

The warning is in the rules to let others know the time rule is being enforced. Given site precedence for communication and many people being lax, the warning is the essential part of the rule.

If you are going to enforce the Time Rule the Warning is Mandatory otherwise by all means people may believe the Time Rule isn't being enforced. If you aren't giving the Warning just so you can spring the Time Rule out then by every right is Arisa in the right to be upset.

That's up to the faction admins of both sides to debate, but I support Einarr in his claim.

Stalling until the 48 hours is up and then arguing that its unfair for them to call you out on it, no matter when it happened, is deplorable.

I've got a case of my own where my opponents both took over 60 hours each to reply back.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
zPRGO7K.png

I'm too tired to argue. Here are the rules you agreed to. The warning was never stated to be given by Faction staff only. That would mean we'd have had to inspect every single duel. It's absurd. Many members, on both sides, took it upon themselves to give out these warnings (either in this thread, or through PM), and then claim victory when it was missed.

If you disagreed with the rules, you should've brought it up before the invasion started. If you thought my wording didn't convey this, why didn't you bring it up before the invasion started? Why did you wait until now to do it? Doing it now feels like an underhanded tactic to reclaim potential lost points.

So, feel free to call in a RPJ if you wish.

sabrina

[member="Darth Vornskr"] and as pointed out, we were waiting for your team mate in the pm.
I am happy to pull logs, and put them before judge. :)

sabrina

I have logs, and they are time dated. As said happy for a judge to look, and let someone impartial look it over.
That way no fallout, and if you're right I am wrong no harm done.
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Without commenting I just wanted to remind everyone that Yours and Your co-writer in this invasion has all the power to agree on who won and who lost.
If you agree to an outcome that is the some rule here. You will trump FOs and the combined ooc will of the entire community. Its you together that decides how the point will go.

It is only if You and your co-writer cant not agree to win, loose, draw that we ooc staff should be contacted.
And, folks not part of your duel nor part of either factions invasion ooc manager does not need to be involved at all.
If the staff cant agree either we call for a rpj, not before that.

Just saying...

sabrina

[member="Mantic Dorn"] I am saying draw, he is saying victory. Me and [member="Darth Vornskr"] see it differently, but not an ooc drama way, just reading the facts differently.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Darth Vornskr said:
Neither myself or Darth Prazutis took over 48 hours to post on any occasion for any reason.
Nor has Arisa Yune
her post replys are as follows. 38:50, 38:12, 32:36, 41:34, 28:14
His post replys are as follows. 28:13, 10:24, 13:15, 9:03

she did show a constant late post but he did not bring this forward till the end of the invasion. If a person only gets to post late once then sure she lost. But thats pretty unfair to tell somoene they can only post late once. then if they ever post late again they lose.

I did not precieve the meaning of the terms to dictate you could only be late once then after that if you late you lose the duel. As I understood the terms after you are 24 hours late you get a warning and a second 24 hours to post. As this seems to not be the case then there are alot of duels in danger of getting called on time. because alot of people take more then 24 hours more than once.

If he did not have an issue with the first four posts being late, why is it all of a sudden an issue. He himself was late to respond once. IF she had not posted sure I see calling it but she did post and only 4 hours past the 24. It was actually the fastest response she gave. It just seems in poor taste to punish someone for doing something better then they had been when the person was fine with it before just for a point in the end. IF it had been an issue something should have been said or done at the 41 hour gap not at 28 hours.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
Reshmar said:
I did not precieve the meaning of the terms to dictate you could only be late once then after that if you late you lose the duel.
Again:

1) You accepted the terms.
2) When I showed you the final writeup of the terms, you gave me the ok.
3) When I asked you throughout the invasion, if there were issues, you said there wasn't.

Why has this issue only arisen now, when we're counting points?

And I'll say again: If you feel that strongly, feel free to get a RPJ involved. I'm done arguing this point.

And this is the reason the Republic and One Sith should never have another invasion together. Because it will always, ALWAYS result in arguments over both protocol and who ultimately won. And I know the staff hates seeing the insanity of people doing the same things and expecting different outcomes.

I promise, Tef/RPJs/Admins, this is my absolute, honest-to-God last post here, but before I go, I have one tidbit of advice left over to give to everyone about this invasion.

Koala-meme-kill-it-with-fire-22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom