Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign Occupy the Mine!

O7uRzfG.png
"Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals, especially those who can't be here today..." The young heiress smiled at the holocam, then motioned the hovering eyebot to pan around the podium she was speaking at. It turned slowly, pulling back to encompass the impromptu stage which was little more than a flat area cleared of most of the debris. It was littered again with wires and speakers, with a few musical instruments left unattended behind the speaking teenager. As the floating holocam droid turned from the stage, the view finally began to sweep over the crowd assembled for the rally; the source of the cheers that had punctuated the background since she had paused her speech.

"And to those of you who are here, thank you!" She had to shout into the microphone to be heard now. Unseen by the eyebot, the Belazuran girl raised her hands for quiet. The crowd settled back into a buzzing hum, low enough that she could speak over them again. "You are all fantastic company. But we didn't just come here for the company, did we?"

"No!" The crowd shouted back eagerly, stepping quickly into their unrehearsed role. Finishing its sweep over the crowd, the eyebot started its way back to the speaking girl, slowly zooming in on her as it approached.

"Or the music..."

"NO!"

"So why are we here?" Zenitha Chuma asked the crowd, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of her somber mouth. The answer came as she pointed the eyebot up above her, prompting the holocam to look past the rally stage. It obliged, rising up until the holocam could broaden to take in the scene behind the makeshift stage, overlooking one of the latest scars upon the formerly-award-winning, beautiful, tourist planet of Belazura.

"THE VIEW!"

ehOBp1i.png
And what a view it was. The open, strip-mined pit behind her bared the full, brutal ugliness of its enterprise. Precious zersium had once nestled close to the planet's bedrock, found here in high concentrations. Belazura had always prided itself on maintaining these hidden gems as they were, part of the natural wonders and sights on a world that built so much of its reputation as a beautiful destination for tourists. Now it was gone, ripped away with layer upon layer of the land, just a cheap, easy source of profits for the Mining Guild. The mining equipment was pulling out, crews working to decommission what could be moved, and leaving the rest to rot. Soon the pit would fill with water, murky and sediment-laden, leeching the fallow minerals and heavy metals into the groundwater and poisoning the land around it.

Zenitha beckoned the eyebot back to her, letting the reflection of her pain-stricken face fill the lens. She wasn't smiling now, nor would she cry. It was her job to focus the issue, not the emotion around it. There was time for tears and rage in the background, in the quiet moments, when no one but her trusted allies were around to hear her. Here, in front of the crowds and in front of the cameras, the teen heiress had to be a tour guide for those on Belazura and beyond. "Isn't it awful?" She asked the question, but the eyebot couldn't answer. The crowd behind her did, muttering and shouting those words she couldn't say herself. Zenitha shook her head. "No, it's horrible!"

"This is what happens when we let the Mining Guild act without any regard to our planet. Governor Manfloon is supposed to be safeguarding our world, leading us to prosperity, and what does he do?" Zenith didn't wait for an answer this time, gesturing back to the mining pit behind her. "He invites this instead! Every person there reports back to him, every credit made from our land finds its way into his pocket!"

Someone in the crowd shouted. "It's not right!"

"No, it's not." The interjection threw the young heiress off her script, forcing her to improvise. Her eyes scanned out among the crowd, finding an ally in every face. Zenitha knew some among them were part of ZINO, and that one among them was her best friend from Denon. She brimmed with the strength of those here to help her. The young heiress found her smile again, a glimmer of hope in her eyes. There was a light at the end of this tunnel, all they had to do was find the switch. "It's not right at all."

The crowd chanted. "It's not right!"
"It's not right!"​
"It's not right!"​
"It's not right!"​
"It's not right!"​
"It's not right!"​
"It's not right!"

"So what are we going do about it, huh?" Now Zenitha had a way back to her speech, designed to enlist the crowd in her cause today. They were primed and ready, it was even better now than the way she had rehearsed it with Maylon. The people at the rally had found their own voice, all they needed was for her to tell them how to use it. "Well, it's simple, you see? Look where we're standing."

Zenitha paused to let them do just that, pointing her face toward the road into the mine. She held up her hand, a little trick Maylon had suggested to guide them, as if it was hard to see under the soft, blue skies of her homeworld. Their overlook sat on a high point of the road, laden with the debris kicked up by the heavy repulsorlifts needed to bring all the heavy equipment into the mines. To bring them out again, they would need to use the same road.

Eventually the crowd began to see the same thing Zenitha knew, and a murmur of laughter went up.

"That's right, this is their only way out of the mine. So me," the teen heiress pointed at the eyebot's unblinking holocam, "and you," she swept her hand across the crowd, "and all of us," they made enough noise that Zenitha had to raise her voice again, "are going to stay here to keep the road blocked until the Mining Guild agrees to shut this down the right way."

The noise was loud now, and it was almost as if the crowd was goading her on.

"That means tearing down all their equipment...
That means filling in the mining pit...
That means replanting what they dug up...
And that means leaving it better than they found it!
"

Zenitha grinned broadly now, awash in the crowd's response. She nodded off the stage to the musicians, who began to file back in to their places, much to the approval of the rally crowd. "We're going to stay here to block their road and keep the music going until the Mining Guild runs out of patience and agrees to our terms." She looked back at the holocam with a wink, "Or until we run out of credits. We're going to keep streaming as long as the donations are coming in, so let's do it, ZINO!"

The last thing the Rightful Heir of Belazura, and current environmental activist, Zenitha Chuma said to rile up her crowd was the best thing she could say to carry the momentum on for as long as needed.

"Occupy the mine!"

Last edited:

Tag: Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss
Objective: Support Zenitha

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220518133449.png

"You fething heap of chit!" Hex cursed at her half landed, half crashed starfighter. "Belazura isn't even that far, how could you break down... again"

'...Because you're a rubbish mechanic?...'
"Don't you start! I can fix things fine... come on, we're going to be late for Zenie's speech"

Hex grabbed her bag and made her way towards the speech area, she was wearing her usual shorts but today wore a baggy t-shirt with some environmental slogan she didn't fully understand emblazoned on it, tied up at the waist into a crop. She'd come here at Daiya's request, she had at some point promised Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma that she would come and support her friend in this rally, but then unavoidable shadowrunner stuff came up and Daiya couldn't be here and sent Hex in her place. Hex grinned sweetly at a couple of goons at the gate. They weren't real goons, just the muscular rocker types that had taken it upon themselves to keep out anyone who looked like they might be a little bit too corpo for an event like this.

"Oh Heeeeey!" Hex greeted a teenage guy who approached her and grabbed her for a hug, he was another shadowrunner from district 14 that seemed to think they were beasties since she started running jobs in the valentines district. "How's my favourite blue bomber! You on your own?"

"I'm good, you been here long? I haven't missed Zenie right?" she answered, looking up at the podium as she wriggled out of his grasp. "She's just about to come on, want to get a beer? I got that special tattoo I told you about!" Hex eyed him with incredulity.

'...He didn't?...'
"Oh stars... I think he did."

She didn't have to wait long before her showed her and actually quite good tattoo of two long blue braids curled around his calf like snakes. She grinned awkwardly. "I told you not to do that!" he kiss shrugged and smiled coyly as if he believed she learnt love it.

On the stage, the little teen Zenitha began her speech and Hex turned to take it all in, it was good and people seemed to be getting excited, Hex .are sure to join in the chant and made loud wooping noises for the girl who was like a little sister to Daiya.

"It's not right... its not right!!" Hex yelled as loud as anyone else there. The speech went on a little bit after that and Hex managed to slip away from her valentine friend and make her way closer to the front. She would be hard to miss with her bright blue hair at this point, even though the crowd was full of curious looking individuals all come to cheer for the teen. Hex wasn't much of a speaker herself, she was an excellent tool on the arsenal of the activist, but could usually be counted on to say the wrong thing when asked to speak to another sentient. But tearing down the machines did sound very much fun, Hex thought about the party poppers in her backpack, she was ready for anything. Wait.... was Zenie pro or anti violence? Hex lost track, she usually didn't care but she was here representing Daiya so she should probably check.

She threw a quick text to Daiya, whether she would get it while she was busy was anyone's guess.

<<Hey babe!
Hope your thing is going well. Is Zenie :) or :( on explosive protest? xx H>>

She slipped the pad back in her pocket and made her way to a spot where Zenie could definitely see her and she could slip back stage once she was done speaking.

"Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals, especially those who can't be here today..."

''Alright, that's cringe right there!'' Zoey thought silently to herself as she watched and listened to the activists girl Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma 's speech. Apparently, the girl was a close friend of Daiya Daiya , and even supposed to be of royal blood. That was pretty far out having friends in royal places, Zoey would give D that. Although, she had a hard time seeing this princess grow up into a powerful and respectable ruler. She had the power of the speech though, that was for sure!

Zoey were here only because Hex Hex had been speaking about how she had been sent here in Daiya's place, and because she were curious about queen D's business outside trying to steal sport trophys and playing games on Zeltros. For todays trip, Zoey wore a khaki colored outfit, matching the desert like area made by the Mining Guild.

''Oookay... What the kriff am I doin' here?'' she said out loud while the crowd around her started to chant ''It's not right!''. It was only a matter of time for this little convention to be broadcasted on the HoloNet, and Zoey had to be very far from the cameras when that happened. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a familiar blue head that joined the crowd in it's chant. Zoey squeezed past a few people, making use of her skills from the hockey, kind of like breaking through the defence line.

''Hex! Hey, so...? This what you expected?'' she asked plainly, and glanced around at the people preparing to do the girls bidding. ''So, what's the plan? What's your plan? What's D's plan? We're gonna sit here, sing somethin' nice around a campfire until the cops show up, hm?'' she continued, gestured towards the mines enterance and let her arms fall to her sides.

Last edited:
O7uRzfG.png
The teen heiress stepped off the stage as the first song by The Regenerators began, and she couldn't help her own head from bouncing to the beat. With the energy of the crowd and the rhythm in her head, she practically floated off to the side. Today was going to be a good day, nevermind the fretful look on Tanja's face as she made her purposeful strides the erstwhile speaker. Zenitha turned her face up, still buzzing with an energetic smile and a spring in her step, landing only lightly in front of ZINO's Head of Strategy.

"You went off-script pretty quickly, and you forgot the keywords for our slogan." The woman's sharp features were scathing as they raked over the Belazuran girl with a fine-toothed comb, eager to prey upon the tiniest of infractions today. "'Occupy the Mine' is an aggresive call to action, Ms. Chuma, I thought we settled on 'Block the Mine'?"

Zenie felt herself shrink a little, Ms. Chuma was Tanja-speak for disappointment. It meant another lesson on connotation once the day was over, she was sure of it. The young heiress didn't need another lesson, she knew what the words meant. "Yes, I know," she started, keeping her voice low as she tried to move Tanja away from the immediate section of the stage. To her credit, the woman noticed and didn't hold her in place —Tanja had a wicked grip.

"I wasn't going to win them over with the script," Zenitha pointed out, her shoulders rising to meet the challenge. Tanja was overbearing as a rule, and it didn't help to show weakness in front of her —if only the woman wouldn't just find more of them every time. "You heard the crowd. They were chanting and fired up, so they needed a big idea. Blocking the mine isn't big enough. You've told me I have to be able to think on my feet in times like these, and that's what I was doing."

"You did, and that's where we can improve. Keep in mind, Zenitha, when you speak you're the one leading the crowd. Don't let them lead you." The woman's dismissal came with a nod of her head, tracking the teen with hawkish eyes as she moved away.

Zenie waited until she was far enough away that the music and the sounds of the crowd filled her ears again before she let out a breath. Sometimes Tanja could be so tiring to talk to, the woman demanded nothing less than perfection. Once in a while, Zenie would have liked to get more praise like the way Ms. Sun did it. Maybe the DireX had her own agenda, and maybe she was just using the teen heiress, but at least Luminous Sun showed her some appreciation. Zenie found herself letting out another sigh, and then the thoughts were far away as the crowd came into focus once more.

The Belazuran girl smiled out into the crowd as she stood on the sidelines, her eyes searching for the one pair she knew. She had a friend to find!

Tag: Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Zenie must have missed her at the edge of the stage as she walked away, or maybe it was just what she had to to avoid getting mobbed by the crowd, some of which could have passed for wookies if he washed their hair a little... "Personal space dude!" she said to one of them with a laugh as he barreled into her. But then a voice she recognised.

''Hex! Hey, so...? This what you expected?''

"Oh hey Zoey! Not sure really, Daiya just sent me along and warned me not to bring any firepower because of the crowds. I'm going to squeeze out back and see if I can find Zenie, you coming?" Hex looked around briefly and ducked under a rope before heading between two parked speeder trucks. She didn't really know exactly where she was going, but this place was set up like a festival and back here was much less crowded than out the front. Hex almost skipped as shebfelt mischievous for sneaking back here with Zoey and then she spotted the flash of blonde hair of the younger girl standing not too far from the crowds.

She picked up the pace and was just about to call out when a large figure stepped in front of her, the only way she could have described the man was "what if Hargo Zur Hargo Zur got hooked on protein shakes", this guy was big, but his demeanor came across fairly relaxed. "Sorry girls, can't let you back here, need to stay on the other side of the rope."

"It's OK we are friends with Zenie.... ZENIE!!" Hex shouted past the big guy to the star who was only a half dozen metres away. The Zabrak looked over his shoulder at who this streak of blue was shouting towards and have a sure you are kind of grin on his face.

Hex did think to run, and try to get past, but on this occasion she was actually telling the truth. Zenitha and her didn't know each other that well, but they were both close enough to Daiya to consider eachother part of the same circle.

Untitled700_20230423181757.png

Objective: Environmentalism
Tag: Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma Hex Hex Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris

Untitled688_20230423174548.png
When you can get this high you can see so much, even if it is things you wouldn't want to see. I banked around lazily and the mine passed below by wings, machine after rusted machine chewing away at the ground of Belazura. It was enough to make you sick. But Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma got it, I liked Zenie, she was of the mind that even if there were a million worlds, you still had to protect them. She was a little younger than me, but so grown up, and she had guts too. I had heard from above when she riled up the crowd... "occupy"... interesting, not the original plan, but certainly more impactful than sitting down and just blockading it. I was a little more militant that Zenie, which worked well as she was a much better speaker than me.

I hoped nobody would get hurt today, the corporate goons could be more dangerous than a rancor when backed into a corner, they were horrid people. OK maybe I hoped someone got hurt today, just a little, it was only fair. I smiled to myself, it was OK to enjoy those feelings right?

I was getting closer to the stage again, I could cross hundreds of metres in no time at all in this form, I liked this form. Zenie was down below so with a thought I sent a little message to her telepathically <<Well done Zenie, that was great, what did Tanja say about the slight off script moment?>> Zenie could reply to me while I had the link open, but it looked like she might have company. It didn't take the keen eyes of my shriek-hawk form to see the blue haired girl from Denon walking across the yard. If it was who I thought it was, I had heard she was a handful, I'd stay out of the way for a moment and watch, just to see how things unfolded. If blue decided to do anything stupid, I could suprise her and maybe catch her off guard.

So that's what I did, I landed with a flap and perched on top of some scaffolding. The lighting guy looked at me and offered me a scrap of his sandwich, it smelled like cheese, I don't really like cheese, not that awful manufactured stuff anyway, but an act of kindness should rarely be refused so I ripped a piece of the bread off with my beak and swallowed it whole before returning to my perch to keep an eye on my friend.

<<Just give me a shout if you need any help>> I finally added so Zenie knew I had her back.​

"Oh hey Zoey! Not sure really, Daiya just sent me along and warned me not to bring any firepower because of the crowds. I'm going to squeeze out back and see if I can find Zenie, you coming?" Hex looked around briefly and ducked under a rope before heading between two parked speeder trucks.

''Well, that's reassuring... From what Daiya Daiya told me, I didn't get the picture of this Zenie being one to point guns at people to get her will through.'' Zoey stated and followed closely behind Hex Hex as they made their way through the crowds to get in touch with the mastermind behind all of this.

"It's OK we are friends with Zenie.... ZENIE!!" Hex shouted past the big guy to the star who was only a half dozen metres away.

Zoey rolled her eyes at the loud shout-out towards the girl. ''She's right, you know.'' she confirmed for the big guy blocking their way, who she guessed was some kind of bouncer or body guard to Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma . Zoey tucked a hand down her pocket and approached the towering man, and when her hand emerged again, it had some credit chips in it which she dropped in the mans jacket pocket. ''I'm sure a big guy like you are hungry right now, and who would say no to a free meal?'' she added, looking up at him with a blue pleading gaze. In the case Zenie wouldn't hear or recognise the two girls. In any case, it was a little contribution to her staff and cause.

O7uRzfG.png
The rally had come together better than the young heiress could have imagined. That was, to her credit, the work of Tanja and the others working at the head of ZINO. Though that was nominally Zenie, the reality proved otherwise. A teenage girl had little experience organizing large crowds, getting out the details, arranging the bands lineup —Sunbeams and Songbirds was coming up next after this song— or keeping the crowd manageable. Between her and the crowd stood a line of seemingly-apathetic Z-Runners, picked by her Head of Risk Management for just that purpose.

While her eyes scanned the crowd to see the multitudes of her like-minded Belazurans and offworlders, the eyes of the watchful Z-Runners were on the lookout for trouble. The teen heiress was sure that was what Tanja was thinking about when she chided her for changing the words. Maybe she was even right about that, Zenie was doing her best to think strategically but she didn’t have all of Tanja’s vast years of experience with the worst case scenario. Still, that was why they had the line of Z-Runners standing as glorified bouncers, ready to step in if anyone got a little too overzealous about the rally message.

Zenie didn’t think anyone in the rally was going to be over-anything except enjoying themselves.

“OMG, we love you!” the Belazuran girl heard someone in the crowd pipe up over the music and the noise, no small feat, and she glanced over their way. A pair of eyes were on her, a pair of older girls with ripped clothes pinned together and a coupled slogan written across their shirts, their arms in rapid motion waving in her direction. Zenitha waved back, an easy smile on her face even after the encounter with Tanja. This was the reason she changed her mind on the script and started following the crowd instead, at least part of it. Neither of them was the older girl she was looking for, they were devoid of pink hair or the telltale lips that were just waiting for the Belazuran girl to get close enough to unload the newest scuttlebutt from the Denon underlevels.

<<Well done Zenie, that was great, what did Tanja say about the slight off script moment?>>

Zenie jerked abruptly, still not entirely used to the sound of someone else’s voice in her head. That must mean that Gweneth was in one of her animal forms, even so the changeling was hardly the oddest in the dazzle of Z-Runners. The young heiress looked to the far edges of the rally, then higher to the miniature mountains of excavated dirt from the mine below them. Her eyes caught the flap of wings near scaffolding that had been one of the mine’s in-progress upgrades before the decommissioning began. Zenie had to squint to look at it, shaking off the feeling of being watched by hawk-like eyes. She was being watched by closer eyes than that, anyway. Holding up a hand in the Changeling’s direction, the young heiress tipped it from side to side. So-so, she implied to Gweneth in a recognizable gesture. They could talk more later, when they were both human again.

Or as close to it as they could get.

<<Just give me a shout if you need any help>>

Blonde tresses bounced on her shoulders as the teen heiress nodded to seemingly no-one. For a while, Zenitha had to be in heiress-mode. Princess-mode, as she might have joked privately with Ms. Sun, who would only quietly smirk at the thought. She didn’t dare try to use that on Daiya, who would have called her Princess Zenie until the end of days. The Denonite girl was her brief reprieve from being in heiress-mode today, and her hazel eyes had returned to eagerly scanning the crowd for her surrogate-sister.

“ZENIE!!"

Eyes whipped around to find the source of the shout, near one of the Z-Runners holding the line. The man in front of the ropes was BUILT, and Zenie easily recognized his hulking form from times she had seen him before. She didn’t recognize the pair of girls standing in front of him, these weren’t as old as the sorority punks earlier. Neither of them were Daiya, though now that Zenie looked again she had to wave at them. One was more familiar to her, and she scratched at that itch in the back of her mind. Hacks? Hawks? What was her name?

“It’s okay, they’re not going to hurt me.” Zenie told her bouncer Z-Runner, laying a hand on the man’s thick arm. The more she was remembering, the less the Belazuran girl was confident about that statement. Blue hair reminded her of cautionary words from Daiya, said in that off-handed, giggly way like her best friend did. If there was a list of reasons to have the big guy between her and the crowd, the blue girl was probably at the top of them.

"Maylon was straight with me, cuz. No one touches Ms. Chuma. That means no one gets close enough to you, neither.”

Zenie nodded again, more somber than before. Maylon took his job seriously, he wasn’t about to let his organization’s figurehead get harmed at a rally. Much less anywhere, really. It was sweet, sometimes, how protective the man was over her. Before the last year, she could have never imagined someone with such a criminal past would think that much of others. Well, that wasn’t true, the young heiress realized, Daiya’s record was hardly clean herself. And if Daiya wasn’t the reason she was standing here, heading up her own rally to disrupt the status quo of her stolen world, then no one in the universe was compassionate at all. “I know them, that’s Hexy and—”

Okay, she didn’t know the blonde-haired girl who had just seeded the big guy’s pocket with a bribe. The teen held her breath for a moment, trying not to sigh or give away her withering take on that approach. Her mouth pulled slightly, as much judgement as Zenitha would allow herself to the girl, speaking quickly before her Z-Runner decided his priorities superseded hers. “—and Hexy’s Friend. And any friend of Hexy’s is a friend of mine!”

That, and to her bewilderment the bribe, seemed to placate the gargantuan Z-Runner. He just shrugged, the same action Zenie could imagine him doing after single-handedly launching Hexy and Hexy’s Friend into the mining pit below them, and stepped aside to let the girls through. The young heiress didn’t spare a glance to the rest of the crowd, or the sorority punks who might have been sore about their exclusion from VIP status now. Zenie had been planning to join Daiya in the crowd, but she could see now that was a poor choice of action. It was easier over here, away from the pull of the crowd and their smothering effect she would have to face anyway later on. Hopefully with Tanja or one of Maylon’s Z-Runner crew in tow.

Zenie gestured the girls behind the ropes and stepped back to give them some more privacy. The speeder truck in front of her had its logo on the backside as well, and just looking at Mid Rim Fusion Flavors reminded the Belazuran girl of how long it had been since she ate. The visage of Chef Dax, exaggeratedly resembling the Duros in a grimy apron who bustled to and fro inside the speeder truck, beckoned with an outstretched hand at her. Zenie's own hand tucked across her stomach to quell any rumblings, ready to reach out with the other as introductions demanded.

Maybe she would meet Chef Dax later, for now she had to find out why her friend wasn't in sight.

“Where’s Daiya?” she asked Hexy once they were behind the speeder truck. Then the young heiress held her hand out to the older girl she didn’t know, offering it to the cred-happy blonde, “Zenitha Chuma. Are you another one of Daiya’s friends I haven’t met yet?”

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

The pair of girls got past the bouncer who continued to watch them and Hex quickly made her way over to Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma . The young blonde was making some strange hand signals across ij the distance, but Hex just shrugged, probably a ZINO thing. "Hey Zenie, how you doing, your speech was a-mazing." she giggled, mimicking her friend's speech patterns had become almost second nature now. "So Daiya had this whole thing come up that she couldn't get out of, she said she's sorry, but said I should come on her behalf. This is Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss , she's cool too, she's one of us."

'...You're rambling...'

Hex waved her hand to dismiss the interruption before continuing. "Soo.... occupy the mine?.." she laughed and a michevious grin crossed her face as she peered underneath her fringe. If Zenitha couldn't remember what trouble she could be, a few moments examining her demeanor would likely remind her. She hadn't brought a lot of firepower with her, but this was a mine, not a heavily armed corporate fortress, she could improvise.

"So, what is the actual fan, I managed to scope out some of your army and they are a bit...." she rocked her hands back and forth in a very "so so" manner "And I think quite a few of them are high." This made her laugh, not that she was one to judge people going in to battle without their heads on straight. She turned to Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss with a look that asked if she had any suggestions.

But then she noticed the sideways glance from Zenie and the way she cradled her stomach, Hex knew that look, that needed fixing. "OK, so, food, organise the armies, then take over the world? How does that sound?" Hex looked across at the food stalls, she was hungry herself, she could totally go for a big greesy burger from one of these vans.

He just shrugged, the same action Zenie could imagine him doing after single-handedly launching Hexy and Hexy’s Friend into the mining pit below them, and stepped aside to let the girls through.

Zoey turned her head and watched as the towering bodyguard of sorts stepped aside and walked away from them without much of a word, and she and Hex Hex ventured behind the ropes and backstage to Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma . It wasn't because she expected a thank you for an obvious bribe, but the mans figure alone simply had to turn heads, and with such high security Zoey couldn't help to wonder what this Zenitha girl had been through earlier or what kind of threat she were currently facing.

“—and Hexy’s Friend. And any friend of Hexy’s is a friend of mine!”

As Zoey turned back, she stood right up front with the slightly shorter petite blonde. She knew she was about thirteen years old, or young rather. It was impressive that the little girl had gathered such a large mass of supporters, though. Zoey blinked at first, looking straight at the girl finding it slightly hard what to say or introduce herself. She expected to meet an old experienced politician or something, but instead she stood before this girl. She looked to be an excellent small and hard to catch forward, though!

Then the young heiress held her hand out to the older girl she didn’t know, offering it to the cred-happy blonde, “Zenitha Chuma. Are you another one of Daiya’s friends I haven’t met yet?”

Hex was awfully quick to catch this puck!

"So Daiya had this whole thing come up that she couldn't get out of, she said she's sorry, but said I should come on her behalf. This is @Zoey Bradiss, she's cool too, she's one of us."

''Alright Hex, you're not my mom! I can introduce myself, thank you very much!'' Zoey uttered with a nudge to her friends side and apologetic look and smile at the Belazuran girl. ''Zoey will be just fine! Pleased to meet you!'' she added herself and gladly took the offered hand and gave it a firm but friendly shake. ''Oh... kark...'' she continued, remembering the picture Daiya Daiya had created about the girl in front of her. ''Shouldn't I call you, like... your highness or something? I mean, Daiya could be quite the queenie, but you...'' Zoey stated and motioned at the girl, before scratching the back of her head. ''But yeah! Totally! We... met at a match!'' she chuckled and confirmed for the girl that her and Daiya were friends. At least, now they were!

"OK, so, food, organise the armies, then take over the world? How does that sound?"

''You know, you could make the hardest task in the galaxy sound like a walk in the park. You know that, Hex?'' Zoey stated, shaking her head in despair to her friends simple approach at things, before turning to Zenitha again. ''Can't occupy a mine on an empty stomach, I guess! But, what's the plan when the cops show up?''

O7uRzfG.png
Words touched the heart of the young heiress, shining brighter than the false compliments so often tossed her way. From a girl barely older than she was, and a friend of Daiya's no less. She tried her hardest not to react too strongly, unable to keep her hands from rising to her sternum to press against a fluttering heart. "Thank you!"

Zenie managed to keep the relief from her voice, offering a receptive enthusiasm instead. That level of composure, at least, she could maintain. It helped cover her disappointment at the absence of her best friend, made all too real by the replacement in Hexy. That mildly untamed look on the older girl's face, everpresent even while introducing Zoey —just Zoey— put the young heiress slightly off her step.

"Oh stars," Zenie exclaimed in surprise, pressing her hands in a little deeper. It was always awkward when someone thought her station was higher or more honorable. Usually Ms. Sun or Tanja were there to back her up, or the setting meant few were going out of their way to pin so many accolades upon her name. "There's no need for you to curtsy or anything, I'm not actually of royal blood."

For a moment, the teen heiress wondered if Zoey was telepathic. The other blonde didn't look like a Zeltron, and she was too tall to be a Constancian. No, Zoey hadn't heard the snarky thought to herself earlier. Zenie summoned a smile to her face and clasped her hands in front of her, deciding to offer the best way to explain why she might have been misconstrued as that. "My late father was the governor of this world, and when I was old enough that would have been me." That line wasn't one she had come up with, despite practicing it enough not to sound rehearsed. The next part was all hers. "He made it his life's work to teach me what it meant to be Belazuran, and now I'm returning the favor to everyone else."

She hoped that was enough to catch Zoey up on the premise of her campaign. Zenie found a need to catch up herself, the teenagers' lingo flew past her at dizzying speeds. Daiya was a queenie? She had an army? And they were high? Cops might show up? The Belazuran girl rocked back on her heels, finding herself unsteady between the other girls. Daiya would have had a better response to the more disreputable notions, and once more Zenie was feeling her absence sorely. She put a hand on her stomach, "I'm actually not that hungry yet, you go ahead."

Zenie gestured the other girls toward the speedertruck, ushering them forward even as she hung back. Nerves refused to let her settle, glancing back out over the crowd assembled for her rally. Was Hexy right to call it an army? One that CorpSec would show up to defend against? The teen heiress drew in a breath, wishing she knew how the day would play out. Everything she felt during her speech told Zenie she was doing the right thing.

And now? Here she was hoping Occupy the Mine didn't turn into the latest news headline for all the wrong reasons.

Maybe it would be wise to alert Maylon about the concern. No, the teen heiress decided, his crew were already stationed around the leading edge of the crowd. They would be a discouraging force to anyone who tried to march toward the mine itself. Besides, Tanja was probably already conferring with him about her perception of Zenitha's remarks. Her eyes sought another's counsel, hazel searching the skies again for hawklike. Zenie wished, again, that she could communicate with the changeling from a distance in return. With more than just simple gestures anyway.

Surely Gweneth could spot trouble far sooner than she, or her bouncer Z-Runners, possibly could.

Tag: Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma Hex Hex Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris

Ok, that was enough, I thought to myself. I could feel the sense of growing anxiety in my friend Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma so took to the air again, doing a quick orbit before landing next to the group. My wingspan was around 5ft, so I wasn't a small bird. I shifted back to my leather clad humanoid form just before I landed and I gave Zenie a quick smile. The blue haired girl's eyes widened with the suprise of seeing me appear while she was mid sentence replying to something the other girl I didn't know had said.

what's the plan when the cops show up?

Hex:
"I've got my rocket launcher on my ship, I can handle them..."

"That's not smart, you can't just shoot at the corpsec" The blue girl looked at me as if I had told her she couldn't drink water.

Hex:
"Yes I can, its easy, click, wait... boom baby!"

I rolled my eyes and looked at Zenie, half seeking permission to continue. "The average corpsec is about as intelligent and brave as they are pretty. If we start blasting, they will freak out and shoot back, and most of the people at this gig are here for the festival, they aren't fighters." The blue girl didn't respond this time. I realised I hadn't really introduced myself other than landing and chastising the girls for trying to start a war, maybe I should rectify that. I looked at the other girl in the trio, a pretty, tomboy looking girl, I spoke to Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss first with the introductions. Before then turning to the group including Zenie.

"I'm Gweneth, Zenie got me in to this whole Zino thing.

If the cops show up we need to stay calm, as much as it would be fun to turn into an alligator and rip one apart, we have to let them be the ones to decide to escalate. There are a ton of press here, if we occupy a few key points we can snarl up production but as long as we are on camera they will be paralysed to do much."

I had been in several protests of this kind, it was fun, you chain yourself to a single part of the converyer belt and you could cost a company millions over night, enough to put them out of business if you were lucky. And private security, meatheaded as they were, knew being the first one caught on camera cracking the skull of some teenage girl would have them very quickly scapegoated, so nobody took that particular initiative.

I then turned to Zenie with a little look of concern. "Their security have started stepping up at the entrances after your speech, and a few of the more colourful sorts have already started rattling their fences. Nothing's happened yet but..." I shrugged. We needed to move if Zenie wanted to maintain control of the hornets nest her speech had stirred up. I had said my piece, there had been talk about food so I too wanted to grab something, but I hope the impression I had given was that of increasing urgency.

Last edited:

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Hex laughed at the comment referring to Daiya as queenie, "Daiya, Queen of Denon, has a fun ring to it!" she let Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss continue to introduce herself and Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma gave a bit of explanation exactly who she was, Hex wasnt entirely sure how it all worked, but she was fairly certain it didnt make a lot of difference. The two other girls began discussing the risks of the cops showing up, but Hex wasn't phased.

"I've got my rocket launcher on my ship, I can handle them..."

Her eyes widened as a large bird flew towards them rapidly before turning into another teenager, one with horns and a tail, Hex was shocked but not as shocked as by the comment she was confronted with.

"That's not smart, you can't just shoot at the corpsec"

This girl clearly hadn't been to Denon before. "Yes I can, its easy, click, wait... boom baby!" Hex laughed.

'...She meant you shouldn't, not that you couldnt...'

Hex wrinkled her nose at the the idea of peaceful protest but decided to listen. She didn't really do calm, but after all the chit that had gone down in the recent past, maybe she should listen. A smirk crossed her face as she considered that thought. She turned and began walking away towards a food truck as the new girl spoke to Zenie, calling back. "Sounds like the others are trying to steal the best spots, I'm gonna grab some burgers for us all and we can crack on with whatever you and bird girl come up with." Hex turned and walked quickly to the truck, hips and hair swinging as she did. She was a little nervous, but she didn't know why, this whole thing with Daiya was so new to her and she worried about disappointing her, but she was also still herself and totally had the urges to grab her board, some party poppers and start separating seccers from their vital organs.

'...It'll be fine...'
'...It'll be a disaster...'
"Yep..."
she replied nervously.

After paying she trotted back over to the girl's with three burgers under her arm and one being stuffed into her mouth. "I didn't know what you all liked so I just got everything" she would hand them out if the other girls accepted the offer.

"So what's the plan?"

Last edited:
"Oh stars," Zenie exclaimed in surprise, pressing her hands in a little deeper. It was always awkward when someone thought her station was higher or more honorable. Usually Ms. Sun or Tanja were there to back her up, or the setting meant few were going out of their way to pin so many accolades upon her name. "There's no need for you to curtsy or anything, I'm not actually of royal blood."

''Oh! Y-you're not...?'' Zoey uttered in surprise, having a peer at the young girl.

Zoey blinked and felt a rather uncomfortable feeling creep up in her. That uncomfortable feeling of embarrassment from mistaking a person to be something he or she were not, much like calling someone the wrong name or pronouncing it in totally the wrong way. She would definitely remember to have a talk with Daiya about this misfortune. Luckily, Zenitha didn't appear to be that bothered about it which gave Zoey an opportunity to chuckle it off before Zenitha gave her a small exposition about her past and why she were doing this. So, Zenitha was rather more of a politicians daughter.

''Oh, I see... That's cool, though! And I can definitely see why a lot of people would commit to your cause. I've been here before, but only vaguely remember how it looked before these like... industries showed up.'' she said and haphazardly motioned at the mine, along with a sigh at the ugliness of it.

This girl clearly hadn't been to Denon before. "Yes I can, its easy, click, wait... boom baby!" Hex laughed.

''Yeah...? Boom! And you're expelled to the penalty box for life, Hex!'' Zoey countered, and were joined by a fourth girl coming up or rather down to them. One of the shapeshifter species, apparently.

"I'm Gweneth, Zenie got me in to this whole Zino thing.''

''Far out! Can you do that how many times you want?'' Zoey uttered in amazement of the girls unique ability. ''I'm Zoey, friend of Hex, and Daiya who go way back with Zenitha here... If what she told me about that is true.'' she chuckled and cracked the girl a friendly smile as they shook hands.

"I didn't know what you all liked so I just got everything" she would hand them out if the other girls accepted the offer.

Zoey, having taken a seat by one of the tall tables close to the van, happily accepted the offer of a well stuffed and sloppy burger. Her mom and dad should see her now without utensils, she thought, and dug in on a bite while trying to keep an eye and an ear out for the events Gweneth pointed out was starting to stir.

O7uRzfG.png
It was always incredible, and a little grotesque, to watch Gweneth transforming back into her friendly, humanoid form. The beating of her giant wings had alerted the young heiress to the Z-Runner's arrival, finding herself transfixed on the changeling's form as it became something not-quite as Devaronian as Gweneth tried to look. Zenie smiled back at the young woman who launched herself so quickly to her defense.

The changeling's advice was strangely reassuring, calming that part of her that felt an irrational worry over the whole thing. Zenie wouldn't be here, nor would ZINO have put on a rally like this, if there was that much risk. Her last encounter with CorpSec had been a little intimidating but hardly dangerous, and not at all violent like Hex was trying to suggest. Zenie knew that on Denon, CorpSec could be violent and were feared by shadowrunners like Daiya and her friends.

Belazura wasn't Denon, however, nor was it a police state.

"On Belazura, CorpSec isn't our enemy," Zenie joined in on her Z-Runner's refrain, laying a hand on Gweneth's arm in a show of solidarity. She tried not to let it show how horrified she was by the suggestion from the blue-haired girl, though a little leaked in through the urgency in her words. "Diviak Manfloon is. CorpSec here is Periphery Security, they're the same people who were handling law enforcement for my father, just with a different name and uniform. And once Manfloon is no longer governor, they won't be trying to enforce bad laws like the kind he signs."

Zenie breathed a little easier once Hex seemed to acquiesce and wander off with the excuse of food. She was trying to be nice to Daiya's friend, and the practiced diplomacy came to her with ease. The teen heiress still wished her best friend had showed up as well. Hex's companion, at least, seemed a little more amicable.

"Oh, Daiya's known me for years," she told Zoey, her feet following the athletic girl over to one of the tables near the speedertruck. It was hard to argue with herself now, Zenie was starting to feel hungry from the aroma swirling around them. She didn't let it lull her into too much of a desperate mood, finding a simple way to explain her relation with the girl she looked up to most in the galaxy. "She helped me after my dad was killed, found me a place to stay and taught me how to fit in on Denon. She's probably the reason all of this could happen today, really."

That put a brighter smile back on the hungry teen's face, so when Hex offered her a sandwich, Zenie accepted it and the blue-haired teen at last.

At first bite, the sandwich dripped a dark spot of sauce onto her green apron. She could hardly even enjoy it after that, chewing mechanically just to clear her mouth. Zenie could taste the deep flavors and willed herself just to forget about expectations for a moment. Her stomach rumbled, vibrating her whole body and compelling the teen heiress to take another bite.

She frowned as she chewed this one, looking up to watch the rally crowd. Those at the front were still enjoying the music as Sunbeams and Songbirds continued their set. What Zenie could see of the people in the back drew her frown deeper. Confused, she turned to see what some were beginning to stare at intensely, and the same betrayal etched on those faces mirrored itself on hers.

The rumbling was not from Zenie's stomach, but from the heavy repulsorlifts of the mining equipment starting to rumble up the very road ZINO had occupied for its rally. There was no other path for the slow machinery to take, they either had to stop or run right through the rally crowd.

"Stop," the teen heiress willed the drivers in a low voice. Her sandwich dropped to the table and she was standing, pushing back as if in a trance. Stunned by the reality of it all, Zenie curled her toes and crossed her fingers, watching the Guild equipment drift closer and closer to their crowd. "Please stop..."

For a moment, Zenie could have sworn they obeyed. Perhaps they were slowing, or perhaps it was only her mind playing tricks on her.

With Maylon's crew starting to move to the roadside of the crowd, forming a loose line in front of the rally-goers, she wasn't the only member of ZINO starting to take notice. Caught for a moment, unsure whether she should stay near the road or run back up to take the mic again, Zenitha stood frozen, repeating the last line to herself again and again under her breath.

"Please stop!"

"Thanks blue" I said as I bit down into the hastily procured provisions, it was a little over cooked for my tastes but it filled a hole.

Can you do that how many times you want?

"Mmhhmm... yeah" I replied with a mouth full of burger. "But it can be tiring and it hurts a bit... and I get hungry" I finished the meal quickly and looked at Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma as she appeared distracted by something. There were gigantic mining machines moving along the road toward the crowd, these machines were as big as multistory buildings, the sorts of machines that could chew through a mointain and still have room for dessert... and they werent stopping.

"Please stop!"

"What the F...."

I didnt wait again, there looked like there was four options, the run over the protesters, they stop of their own accord, we make them stop or... she stops them. The others probably saw my raised eyebrow at the blue haired girl who was messily devouring her own lunch as I thought about the options, but I wouldn't say anything, they seemed to be friends with her.

I ran toward the oncoming vehicles, shifting into a feline form for more speed and to help me climb when I got there. A confused seccer looked at me and raised his shock baton as I lept over their lines and onto the side of the lead vehicle. It looked like the ladders had been pulled up to stop protesters climbing aboard, that would at least slow down the security who had turned to try and pursue me. But I could climb easily in this form and soon I was level with the command cabin. I shifted back into devaronian as I walked along the short gantry, pulling out one of my ryyk blades and entering the door.

"Alright, listen I dont want to hurt you but you need to stop... oh" droid command crews, no wonder they were happy to follow orders and just hope the protesters got out of the way. "Well that makes things easier." I pulled out three miniature boomas, one for each of them, and using my slingshot I dropped them one by one. Seeing them crackle as the ionic plasma did its work then lay still. Then it was simply a case of running over and taking the keys out of the ignition. I looked at the massive array of buttons, levers, switches and dials in front of me... "Oh"

<<Hey Zenie, what is Belazuran for off?>>
I sent a telepathic message to my friend as I tried to work out what I needed to press. "I fething hate technology...." From outside I could hear the rattling of ladders as the seccers finally began the climb to come and join me in the cabin.

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

"On Belazura, CorpSec isn't our enemy,"

Hex looked at Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma curiosly, it was very different here then. "Huh... good to know, we'll see what happens when we rub them up the wrong way, but I'll try not so shoot first... maybe." Hex placed her tongue between her teeth in a wicked grin towards the little activists as she played with her a little.

Her attention was drawn to the large vehicles that looked like they might mow down the protesters in their path. Hex watched strange shape-shifting girl took the lead and went running before climbing in to the lead vehicle. It didn't seem to be stopping even once their ally had climbed in, and now seccers were beginning to advance on the vehicle themselves. "No shooting first right?" Hex laughed, considering how easy it might be to just line up confetti and blow apart one of those heavy vehicles, if she had her on her person of course.

'...Well you could...'
"You fething genius!"

"I'm gonna go and do me.. I won't kill anyone alright?" Hex grinned at Zenie and kicked her board up before hopping on it and accelerating in to the air. She circled higher before whipping down low over the crowns with her hand clutching the edge of her board for balance. Her blue braids trailed behind her and with her free hand she placed a stick of chewing gum into into her mouth. A short chew, pop the fuse in and then.

CRACK!!

There was a sharp noise as Hex flashed past the rear of the lead vehicle and a puff of smoke against one of the rear repulsor units. A rip about a half metre long showed in the top of the metal, now exposing the inner working of the damaged repulors unit and the corner of the vehicle dipped a few inches. It was not enough to disable the vehicle, that sort of blast might have caused injury to the nearby crowd or seccers, but would likely cause automatic brakes to go on and force the repulsors to land incase the damage spread. That was her theory anyway. Hex ascended into the air before vanishing in crackling portal that she had opened and out of sight for now.

Stunned by the reality of it all, Zenie curled her toes and crossed her fingers, watching the Guild equipment drift closer and closer to their crowd. "Please stop..."

''Okay, that ain't gonna secure the trophy...'' Zoey stated quietly for herself, as Gwen turned into a feline form (alright, Zoey had got herself a new idol!) and Hex left their side on a hoverboard.

"Please stop!"

''That's better, girl! Now, go make some heartbreaking statement on the stage or something! I think we missed the face-off, but the game is still on, right?'' Zoey insisted, in her own way encouraging the younger girl to do what she probably did best - talk to the people she had gathered here, and shooed Zenitha in the direction of the stage. All before she made a beeline after Gwen and towards the huge mining machine that she saw the changeling enter. Despite coming here with the intention to not get involved in any acts even close to illegal, the winner instinct made it impossible to be passive. It was more or less another game to win for the Cloudcutter center.

''Stars, those are fricking huge!'' she uttered when coming to a stop by the ladder which had been extended, probably due to some automatic emergency program being triggered when the cockpit and the crew were attacked. Before the seccers could sort out the situation on the ground, keeping the occasional crowd at bay, Zoey could climp up and enter the vehicle. Getting to the cockpit was pretty straight forward in the vehicle built for nothing more than munching through rock. Now it was going to eat dirt.

''I think we got company, like really soon! What's the plan? Pull the spark plug, or something?'' she asked and pulled some hair back while examining the controls and the vehicle slowly roared forward. For a young teenage girl into hoverblade hockey, Zoey wasn't raised in a poor family (which Daiya Daiya were sometimes keen to point out) and thus quite well educated, which also included languages.

''Uhh, I don't know but this looks like Neimoidian...'' she stated and hovered the hands over some buttons and a switch. The sound of climbing seccers came closer and Zoey looked at Gwen, before she turned the switch counterclockwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom