Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obi-Wan Kenobi Stand Alone Film Planned...

No official confirmation from LucasFilm or Disney, but hot sources have just dropped an Obi-Wan Kenobi stand-alone film focusing on the saga spanning Jedi Master is in early stages.

Stephen Daldry, the Oscar-nominated director behind 'Billy Elliot' and 'The Hours' is in early talks. No news on if Ewan McGregor will return.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

Stay tuned for the official response to this soon...

giphy.gif

Ewan did say he'd love to do a stand-alone film as Obi-Wan, so maybe they can get him involved. That would just be the very epitome of awesome.

And, if they can't get him, they should just cancel the film.

It looks almost like that was a mis-report, as his source doesn't seem to mention it's a young Kenobi, just a Kenobi spin-off.

I'm setting my interest levels to eeh so far for this one.

I feel like I want some different standalone sagas. You can get the nostalgia by just being grounded in the universe (like Rogue one but with less of the unnecessary fan service) you don't just have to retread familiar characters.

I almost wish we had more Rogue One characters left to tell some more stories set between ANH and ESB.

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
I would be down for a darker film where Obi-Wan is a grizzled old pessimistic war hero trying to make his way after all his friends were killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9j7kLG7VK8​

If it does what Rouge One did, and what I think the Han Solo movie will do, and shed some light on something else in the Star Wars universe while being a fun stand-alone adventure I'm all the happier for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom