Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NPC unit tournament?

Azel Moran

A
People tell me all the time that they don't see nice shiny NPC units get used for anything more than dominion background noise. I fell into that trap myself quite a bit back in the day. The Codex has hundreds of elite squads and platoons and so forth, and they're criminally underused.

I'd like to run a tournament, NPC units against NPC units, on well-illustrated and easily-described terrain maps. Example:

ferdinand-ladera-tundra-mockup.jpg

Imagine something like this with a couple of labels slapped on the landmarks. Very easy to use as a common point of reference.

There's two basic ways to frame this IC:
  • It's all a simulated contest; nobody dies.
  • The tournament part is OOC; IC, these two units encounter each other while going after the same objective, and violence breaks out.
I'm down with either one (and will probably use both so allies can go up against each other).

A few folks have expressed interest on a hypothetical level so I'll likely be setting this up if enough interest materializes. Who wants to take their dogs for a run?

EDIT: The first round is up!
[member="Scherezade deWinter"] vs [member="Tom Taff"] in a Jakku junkyard (thread)
[member="Tathra Khaeus"] vs [member="Taeli Raaf"] at a Tatooine moisture farm (thread)
[member="Orex Mauda"] vs [member="Gir Quee"] at an Endor research facility (thread)
[member="Kaine Australis"] vs [member="Orex Mauda"] at a Hoth fuel refinery (thread - DELAYED)

Azel Moran

A
And yes, [member="Tathra Khaeus"] and [member="Taeli Raaf"], monster hordes are completely acceptable.

Azel Moran

A
I'd also wager serious money that SJO, CIS, and TSE have roughly 52752 elite NPC unit subs ready to roll. [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Eternal Muse"] [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

I’d be happy to write against and help you at the same time. It’s been a while since I last fielded something anyways and I could use some time to shake the rust off.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

Doesn’t mean they won’t still be effective if she plays them right.

Mauda

[member="Kaine Australis"]

Got an Admiral, two Droid Variants, Representatives and Troopers.

Not nearly enough but it's a baseline for wiping out some populations :p

Azel Moran

A
Jeez, this took off while I was asleep.

And yes, there'll be some degree of ad-hoc numbers weighting so it's not a dozen troopers against a dozen turadium-plated alchemical juggernauts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom