Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Non-Chaotic Evil Sith factions?

Amended my original post to make what I am looking for clearer and to hopefully come across as less dickish to BOTM.

While I may entertain notions of starting my own Sith faction, I am in no position at the moment to be running any factions.

I've lost track of how many Sith factions are currently active on Chaos. This is mainly because most of the Sith majors have disappeared from the map/went minor within the past six months. Brotherhood of the Maw, while full of many awesome writers, isn't really my cup of tea.

So yeah - if you are currently running a Sith faction somewhere, this is your perfect opportunity to advertise. Or if you want to start a Sith faction, you may be able to find other writers who share that desire and could work with you to make it happen. As for me, I'm mainly just curious about the current state of things, but I may also soon be looking for RP involving Sith, so there's that.

There are a few, from the Maw, Sith Order, Dark Hegemony's offshoots, etc.

For the sake of advertising, Sith Order has alot of the freedom to be any type of Sith you'd want. 'Mandates' are in line with political parties, only under sith philosophy, and alot of the members are interested in going major alongside jedi slappin or internal sith conflicts. End goal being a revival of a hyper authoritarian feudal empire under the Sith - so less chaotic, less tribal mauraders, much more Sith Empire.

There are a few, from the Maw, Sith Order, Dark Hegemony's offshoots, etc.

For the sake of advertising, Sith Order has alot of the freedom to be any type of Sith you'd want. 'Mandates' are in line with political parties, only under sith philosophy, and alot of the members are interested in going major alongside jedi slappin or internal sith conflicts. End goal being a revival of a hyper authoritarian feudal empire under the Sith - so less chaotic, less tribal marauders, much more Sith Empire.

Ah, I only just heard someone else mention the Hegemony to me today. Although the person I talked to said it got absorbed into the Sith Order. You're saying there are offshoots?

The Seer

T
Ah, I only just heard someone else mention the Hegemony to me today. Although the person I talked to said it got absorbed into the Sith Order. You're saying there are offshoots?

Yep! Within the Hegemony, there was the Order of Saithon (techy dudes, machines over nature), Scions (mystic bois I told ya about), Knights of Ren (championed by Mr. Kyrel himself), and the Red Hand (assassin peeps). Most of those were absorbed into the Sith Order under a merge that we did not too long ago. Both staff teams have merged also (minus Kyrel) and are figuring out stories and plotlines and networking right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! Within the Hegemony, there was the Order of Saithon (techy dudes, machines over nature), Scions (mystic bois I told ya about), Knights of Ren (championed by Mr. Kyrel himself), and the Red Hand (assassin peeps). Most of those were absorbed into the Sith Order under a merge that we did not too long ago. Both staff teams have merged also (minus Kyrel) and are figuring out stories and plotlines and networking right now.
I don’t think that’s accurate with Kyrel anymore might wanna check in with him. I may be wrong

I've lost track of how many Sith factions are currently active on Chaos. This is mainly because most of the Sith majors have disappeared from the map/went minor within the past six months. Brotherhood of the Maw, while full of many awesome writers, isn't really my cup of tea.

So yeah - if you are currently running a Sith faction somewhere, this is your perfect opportunity to advertise. Or if you want to start a Sith faction, you may be able to find other writers who share that desire and could work with you to make it happen. As for me, I'm mainly just curious about the current state of things, but I may also soon be looking for RP involving Sith, so there's that.

We ate them :p

Literally still hiding in the shadows btw

Like it's a meme but also a reality. The Sith Empire is literally the strongest faction to ever touch Chaos because it's COME BACK LIKE FOUR TIMES now. People just jive with it. Sometimes it changes it's name, like with One Sith, Maw. Sometimes it gets weighed down by OOC antics and people who treat it like a boy's club or a Destiny 2 guild. I think they're either scared of letting go of the past or have a serious FOMO on the future. I literally saw yesterday someone say they don't want to lose a TSE discord because of all the memories reaching back to 2017. Nostalgia is great but so is like, not constantly looking backwards.

They faced a second great schism last year. The first time they fell, I watched them slowly erode to the might of a Republic, the second time they fell to the might of a burgeoning Empire.

The reason they're the strongest is because of the culture, the idea, the combined might of Star Wars and the love of villains. So they have the strongest Racial Passive of any Faction - the ability to come back.

They in the shadows dawg. They gonna skulk about for a bit, let 'em skulk, they need some skulkin time.

TLDR: The most powerful position to be in for a Sith faction is when there’s not one on the map. This strat is illustrated in the fundamentals of the Sith provided by Bane in the EU - the Rule of Two.

They hid and waited. So imo, it’s a good thing the gang is broken and has to scuttle for scraps. I’d focus on smaller scale stories until a natural Sith leader emerges to INVADE.

Tefka Tefka

Sure, sure, I get the IC reasons for it. At the end of the day, though, the whole purpose of this thread was to find out what the options were so that I, as a writer, along with other writers, could know what the options were. You can't join or interact with a Sith faction if you don't know what factions there are out there. I got my answers.

While they have an NSO the Brotherhood of the Maw comes packaged with other story aspects such as their faction's end goal of destroying the galaxy and bringing about a cosmic rebirth of some sort. Basically it's not my cup of tea and I'm looking for a less Chaotic Evil approach to writing Sith, if that makes sense?

To be fair, the Sith within the Maw are basically a bunch of warlords struggling with each other inside an ever expanding pool of faction territory. While ostensibly that’s their goal, in practice different people are doing things differently. I’ve got Onrai managing a relatively stable eye in the storm of chaos with her control of Kiross right now.

To be fair, the Sith within the Maw are basically a bunch of warlords struggling with each other inside an ever expanding pool of faction territory. While ostensibly that’s their goal, in practice different people are doing things differently. I’ve got Onrai managing a relatively stable eye in the storm of chaos with her control of Kiross right now.

Well, no, actually. There are Warlords in the Maw, but virtually none of them are members of the New Sith Order, which is tightly focused on its own goals - manipulating events from the shadows rather than openly ruling. The Warlords also are not really struggling with each other. They compete for prestige, certainly, but there is no current open conflict between any of them. All are focused on invading the galactic south... though if the strong leadership of the Dark Voice, Darth Solipsis, were ever to be broken, then the Maw would risk collapsing due to infighting.

Broadly, I would characterize Mawite Sith as Neutral Evil - doing whatever it takes to secure their own power, including manipulating both the Lawful Evil neo-Imperial forces of the Final Dawn and the Chaotic Evil religious fanatics of the various marauder tribes. I'm not aware of any members of the NSO who buy into the "War, Death, Rebirth" creed. They use that to inspire their followers while pursuing their own goals of domination - or, in the case of Solipsis, power over the laws of reality itself through mastery of the Force.

If people are confused about how the Brotherhood operates, I'd encourage them to talk with us. We'd be happy to clear up any misconceptions, and to work with anyone who is interested in writing a story with us.

In Writing, There is Passion
“Evil is a point of view..”
Your best bet would be to create a Light Sith character if you want a more Jediesque Sith (chuckles).

Here is a primer on Light Sith:

“Evil is a point of view..”
Your best bet would be to create a Light Sith character if you want a more Jediesque Sith (chuckles).

Here is a primer on Light Sith:

I've heard of the Light Sith. The only significant group on Chaos I can think of that has used the Light Sith is House Io via their Serpents of Ashla subfaction, which is a Light Sith cult with roots that can be traced back to the Ashlan Crusaders. In fact, I'd almost classify the Ashlans as a flavor of Light Sith. Theirs is a religion with peaceful and virtuous teachings, but the institution built up around it is definitely authoritarian and aggressive/expansionist, which can get into weird territory in terms of morality.

In Writing, There is Passion
I've heard of the Light Sith. The only significant group on Chaos I can think of that has used the Light Sith is House Io via their Serpents of Ashla subfaction, which is a Light Sith cult with roots that can be traced back to the Ashlan Crusaders. In fact, I'd almost classify the Ashlans as a flavor of Light Sith. Theirs is a religion with peaceful and virtuous teachings, but the institution built up around it is definitely authoritarian and aggressive/expansionist, which can get into weird territory in terms of morality.

The Light Sith are an oxymoron. The way I understand them is they devoted to the Light Side, but they keep Sith teachings. They are a very unique Ashla sect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom