Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Non-Chaotic Evil Sith factions?

I've lost track of how many Sith factions are currently active on Chaos. This is mainly because most of the Sith majors have disappeared from the map/went minor within the past six months. Brotherhood of the Maw, while full of many awesome writers, isn't really my cup of tea.

So yeah - if you are currently running a Sith faction somewhere, this is your perfect opportunity to advertise. Or if you want to start a Sith faction, you may be able to find other writers who share that desire and could work with you to make it happen. As for me, I'm mainly just curious about the current state of things, but I may also soon be looking for RP involving Sith, so there's that.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the New Sith Order is integral to the Brotherhood of the Maw, given Solipsis is the leader...?

While they have an NSO the Brotherhood of the Maw comes packaged with other story aspects such as their faction's end goal of destroying the galaxy and bringing about a cosmic rebirth of some sort. Basically it's not my cup of tea and I'm looking for a less Chaotic Evil approach to writing Sith, if that makes sense?

also u know i got good ole lizard man

ok we start a new Sith faction or ???

They're in the shadows again leave them alone

You can't "at last, reveal ourselves to the jedi" if you don't un-reveal yourself first.

tenor.gif

Vesta

V
I've lost track of how many Sith factions are currently active on Chaos. This is mainly because all the Sith majors have disappeared from the map/went minor within the past six months. Brotherhood of the Maw, from what I understand, wasn't supposed to be a Sith faction, so I'm not really counting them even though I think they have a Sith Order now.

So yeah - if you are currently running a Sith faction, this is your perfect opportunity to advertise. Or if you want to start a Sith faction, you may be able to find other writers who share that desire and could work with you to make it happen. As for me, I'm mainly just curious about the current state of things, but I may also soon be looking for RP involving Sith, so there's that.
Like Auteme Auteme mentioned, the New Sith Order is part and parcel of the Brotherhood of the Maw. There was a concerted effort to eliminate as many other Sith groups as possible (or as many of the people in those groups as possible) to reduce the chance of being caught up fighting them and the Jedi along with the rest of the galaxy - or being too heavily diluted by there being multiple sith groups.

Every sith faction on the board has always done the same thing, it's generally why there's a single Sith faction to the SJO + the GA/GR of the year barring transitionary periods between one major to the next.

As far as I'm aware the TSE after it went minor rebranded into the Sith Order minor faction but I'm not really involved with it and am just in their discord so I can only report on what I can tell from what I see there.

The Seer

T
Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Myself and Kathal are in the process of creating the Scions of the Truth. We wanted to take a different approach outside of the usual Sith mold. Not traditional Sith bois, more Dark Side. In fact, they aren't fans of the modern Sith. They're a romantic and idealist cult that believes that the Sith species (specifically the Kissai caste) were the closest that anyone would ever get to carrying out the "Will of Typhojem", believing that the Sith as they are/were recently are just plain wrong and that they've strayed far from the "true path". They're mystics, mostly, with some stealthy and agile combat training. They love their ancient knowledge and lands, trying to procure and protect all they can. If they happen to grow enough, the goal may shift to reinstituting the "true nature of the Dark Side" through the Galaxy (or at least through the remaining Sith populations, high aims though).

While they have an NSO the Brotherhood of the Maw comes packaged with other story aspects such as their faction's end goal of destroying the galaxy and bringing about a cosmic rebirth of some sort. Basically it's not my cup of tea and I'm looking for a less Chaotic Evil approach to writing Sith, if that makes sense?

ok we start a new Sith faction or ???

To be far the Maw on the surface seems like an apocalyptic cult hell bent on destroying the Galaxy. Internally there are a lot of moving parts like holding and alliance with so many groups darkside groups, pirates, marauders, raiders, and imperials even.

Also not everyone is so hell bent on destroying the Galaxy as an end goal it is just something used to hold the groups together. Ultimately it's about control and controlling the galaxy by any means necessary. Rebuilding it in the image of the sith so of what the Maw is doing is very read between the lines. Destroying the galaxy can mean different things to different individuals. Rebuilding and reshaping it something that is very fitting with sith ideology.

The Maw has chaotic evil, lawful evil (in Dyans case), and chaotic neutral plus more. It's all what you put into any type of sith or darksider can fit in the Maw.

Serious statement:

I'd do some research, talk to some people, PRIOR to throwing out a thread looking for people to jam with on a new faction idea. Throwing out statements like what you think X faction is about, even from a place of confusion, can be taken the wrong way.

I don't think it has, the MAW dudes are pretty chill, but not everyone is.

As for more Sith Majors? Nothing stopping you or anyone else but sheer willpower. Pretty sure Ashlan and SJC and GA all have Jedi elements and they do just fine.

Eternal Empire, Elysian Empire, New Imperial Order all have imperial elements, they do just fine.

You don't even have to be drastically different. You can just IC disagree with their leadership (maybe OOC too, but keep it chill). I keep tellin' people, plenty of room at the table. Plenty of room on the map.

And come summer time, there could be a planned massive expansion to the map in the works, who knows. I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom