Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Ridiculous Anime Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
[member="Tefka"]

Tefka said:
I'd wager 99% of this forum ultimately doesn't care, we just like being dramatic.

Edit: I'd further wager that only 10% of this board has even read this topic.

Edit Edit: I'd also wager that perhaps the people behind the DDoS attacks really love Anime avatars and you brought their wrath upon us.

Edit Edit Edit: To top off the wagers, I'd wager that if you offered your photoshop skills in the Art forum to people who have crappy anime avatars, you could help stem the tide of these personal affronts to your insecurities.
1st point: 20 people liked the OP, probably makes up a decent proportion of the active userbase. So more than 1% care. All for the sake of drama? Probably yes and no for some people. For me, personally, no.

2nd point: Probably, considering there are hundreds of unique writer accounts registered.

3rd point: By killing the entire service provider? Bit overkill, though weaboos are like that ;)

4th point: Yeah, I might just do that. As for the insecurities comment, that was neither necessary nor true.

Tefka said:
I'll also wager that regardless of how many edits you make to the OP, people know you're talking about anime avatars, so let's cut the bull.
The way you've responded wasn't exactly diplomatic on your last two replies, civil discussion would've been nice. The unedited OP contains this sentence: "Some anime I can tolerate -- when it's purely a (serious, not unnecessarily sexualised) character playby." I don't mention avatars anywhere else. I'm not the best when it comes to self expression in a diplomatic sense, so let me clarify again - my main gripe is super unrealistic and unbelievable Star Wars characters. 90% of those happen to be anime or anime based.

I was ready to call this 'discussion' quits on page three when you made your first response, and I still am. You can either belittle this legitimate concern (which a significant portion of the active community, and apparently yourself, share) and myself further or lock the thread. Either way I'm going to stop replying now.

To everyone else - I have enjoyed seeing how you all feel and I appreciate the calm and constructive manner in which most of you have replied. I understand that nothing official will be done in response to this thread, and I hold no grudges for anyone who disagreed with my opinions or suggestions. While I may have made a few more enemies after this, or people who refuse to interact with me, I am glad I was able to express myself and that others were allowed to voice their support and opposition without being banned.

Cheers!

It seems some staff find it admirable to make personal sarcastic remarks now. I think this topic should ultimately be avoided, sadly

[member="Menoetius"]

I'd say more than half of page 1 agreed with you, and few little else where either took your suggestion personal, instigated you, or were very neutral on the suggestion.

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
@La'kuus Quelin

Right and wrong are subjective, I'm simply saying that I think around 50% of the people who read this agreed with me.

EDIT: Damn you for enticing me to reply!

Okay, I'm really going now! :p

Of those twenty likes, how many were subaccounts belonging to the same writer?

And how many of those twenty actually support a ban?

I, personally, dislike using anime avatars now - have for the last few years - and I dislike that people use them here, too. But it isn't okay for me to extend my distaste on their ability to choose, neither is it okay for you.

Don't like it? Ignore them.

Can't do that? Oh well.

I hate anime. I don't like anime avatars at all.

I could also propose we ban Emma Watson avatars because she played in Harry Potter, which obviously means she doesn't fit into Star Wars. Heck, let's ban using absolutely anybody as our playbies. They are too difficult to imagine in a SW world anyway. >.>

The point is, you can ignore the people you don't like, just like anybody else is capable of doing.

If people use an overly sexual avatar, there is a button in their profile named "Report this member". If they play an overly erotic non-PG-13 character, you can also click on a button called "Report".

Tefka said he wouldn't even consider putting that on a vote or if it happened, he would veto it. I admire your desire to push your idea forward, but right now you are just foolishly stubborn.

I'm still not sure who will be on this hypothetical censorship board which will be reviewing all characters and marking them as acceptable or unacceptable.

"Oh, you have a 41% 'Ridiculous Anime Character' score, you're going to have to rewrite your bio and change your avatar."

This is not a practical suggestion.

Further, it's completely unnecessary, since I'm sure that you already don't RP with these 'offenders' anyway. Why, therefore, does it matter to you at all? Does their mere presence fill you with such revulsion that you will quit? If so, I think that's not really wise grounds to be banning things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom